Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4397356 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2467) (2468) (2469) (2470) (2471) (2472) (2473) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kachifav: 7:49am On Jul 18, 2022
Manuel91:

Thanks ma

You should try removing his finger from his mouth when you notice, then immediately feed your baby... This is how I stopped my son from sucking, but trust me sometimes they just use it to keep themselves busy I guess grin

You can only manage it, not completely stop it, cos my son I'm even talking about now puts his toes in his mouth as I don stop the thumb sucking � grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Manuel91(m): 8:04am On Jul 18, 2022
sugarcoatted:

Where in lagos do they give Rota free, bìko tell us so we can go there.

grin
You'd be surprised!!

Here in ikorodu, Agric-isawo road to be precise...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 10:22am On Jul 18, 2022
Manuel91:

grin
You'd be surprised!!

Here in ikorodu, Agric-isawo road to be precise...

Kindly give the exact address of the health centre please me I can go for awoof Rota o, I got free Rota for my twin babies back in 2018 too at Shomolu health centre.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Manuel91(m): 11:05am On Jul 18, 2022
Bloomingbud:

Kindly give the exact address of the health centre please me I can go for awoof Rota o, I got free Rota for my twin babies back in 2018 too at Shomolu health centre.

From Agric, find your way to Ori-Okuta bus stop, there's an FCMB bank there... Just ask anyone where the health center is... It's a stone throw from the bus stop

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 11:24am On Jul 18, 2022
Good morning mamas, please how do we manage terrible fibroid pain with pregnancy cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 12:56pm On Jul 19, 2022
Layormiii:
Good morning mamas, please how do we manage terrible fibroid pain with pregnancy cry
notin to do except to tk paracetamol to manage d pain
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ChizziCindy(f): 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2022
Good afternoon mamas, am really stressed out and worried at the moment...My 3 months old baby has only been breastfed right from birth and has never taken a bottle before. Now my maternity leave is about to end, I had to get a breast pump so I can start teaching her how to make use of a bottle...But this baby is refusing to take bottle ooh, I think I started late with the bottle...My husband has also tried because I read online that babies might accept bottle from someone else other than the mum, but she is still refusing it. Please I need advice from anyone that has experience this before because am just thinking how she will cope if she starts daycare.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Senorita222(f): 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2022
[quote author=Linda2019 post=114629239]Please mothers in the house, is there anyone that has an electric breast pump that is no more using it that's good and negotiable, the manual pump I bought is too stressful and I can't afford a new electric one.

I have still perfect
Baby rejected bottle feeding so I packed up
Intelligent Electric Double pump is the name
Bought at the rate 16,000 on January
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adesquare2(f): 9:52pm On Jul 19, 2022
Good evening ma’am, I replied your mail immediately but I did not get any feedback. I have been refreshing my mail ever since but yet to get mail from you. I am thinking I do not get it rightly. My mail address is shulex4u@gmail.com. I will be happy to get a response from you ma’am.
Goldenheart002:

Good morning ma, I sent a DM

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adesquare2(f): 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2022
Noted ma
FloraEC:

Good morning ma
No, PH

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 11:12am On Jul 20, 2022
ChizziCindy:
Good afternoon mamas, am really stressed out and worried at the moment...My 3 months old baby has only been breastfed right from birth and has never taken a bottle before. Now my maternity leave is about to end, I had to get a breast pump so I can start teaching her how to make use of a bottle...But this baby is refusing to take bottle ooh, I think I started late with the bottle...My husband has also tried because I read online that babies might accept bottle from someone else other than the mum, but she is still refusing it. Please I need advice from anyone that has experience this before because am just thinking how she will cope if she starts daycare.
u r right... U started late... U c babies once dey r use to a particular method, dey stick to it n not change... Wit my first, e stick to breast n refuse bottle, i tried all i cud but refused, wit my second, i introduced bottle right frm birth wen breastmilk came late n wen breastmilk finally come 5days postpartum, i offered him breast n e refused instantly, i offered him breast everyday but my guy refused ooo.. I just gave up n continue expressing 4 him... Babies r stubborn wen chosing their choice of feeding... My dear, gudluck in trying, i pray e finally accept bottle frm u cos hmmmn... I dnt knw how u gonna do it.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 1:14pm On Jul 20, 2022
ChizziCindy:
Hi mama, I think you should keep trying... My baby started with spoon before we moved to breast but I made sure I expressed little milk once in a while in her feeding bottle which I gave her myself and she collected.. It made it easier for me whenever I leave her at home and go to the market..

Try having milk available for feeding after you must have breastfed her and give her when she's really hungry maybe she'll accept.. It may take time but keep trying
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2022
[quote author=Senorita222 post=114891734][/quote]Thanks I've gotten one already
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omariah(f): 3:57pm On Jul 20, 2022
Good afternoon mamas in the house. Trust our LOs are doing fine.

Please Ibadan mamas can anyone recommend a first school (playgroup) for my toddler, he's almost 2.
That will be around hope, old/new Ife road axis here in Ibadan.
We're hoping he could join them next session.
I'll really appreciate our responses. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2022
Adesquare2:
Can I also send a mail so we can share ideas and knowledge? My son is 2years and 3 months already and he only reads ABC and 123 and few rhymes. He cannot identify and does not call any name. Not even water sef. I have also reached out to Madam Grace madam Sugah recommended. She was very courteous on phone and kind with words. I have done pre-assessment and the main assessment has been scheduled for August.

I heard Dr. Boyede of Ask the Peadriticians also do developmental assessments at Luth every Friday and they manage from there but I have not reached out to her yet. I want to see how it goes first with Dr Grace since the recommendation is from someone who has used her on this platform.

May God see us through.

Please do mama. realstephjamal@gmail.com
Let’s walk it together.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2022
Cedarlivia:
Hi! I sent you a mail.
I didn’t get your mail mama. Please resend realstephjamal@gmail.com
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 12:57pm On Jul 21, 2022
Goldenheart002:

Hahaha
Break kwa? I'm always here in body and in spirit ooh, but I no want make these belleful mamas carry me join body grin grin grin

Lol. Thank you for the mail mama. ❤️

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 1:15pm On Jul 21, 2022
ChizziCindy:

Like earlier stated, they really can stick to what they know or in this case, their known method of feeding. But you just have to keep trying, if she refuse, feed her with spoon and offer her bottle again (little breastfeeding for now) to assist her switch. Las las, you might want to consider a daycare very close to your office where you can rush in every 2hours to feed if all fails while they supplement with spoon feeding. Goal is to feed DD and work. More strength mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mamabella: 3:44am On Jul 23, 2022
Please mothers in d house . My baby is almost 10month but as no teeth she been showing of teething sign off and on but yet no teeth yet. I can see her up and down gum white but d teeth not out yet. She is fine aside d no teeth she is crawling and already trying to stand. Am worried she has no teeth. also she is slim in nature she hardly take her milk anymore but take small in her cereal is it OK for me to stop giving her milk cos we keep throwing it away after 2 hours and she hasn't taken it . Is it OK to just add d milk inside her cereal instead if giving it to her as formula
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 12:19pm On Jul 23, 2022
kokaiye:
u r right... U started late... U c babies once dey r use to a particular method, dey stick to it n not change... Wit my first, e stick to breast n refuse bottle, i tried all i cud but refused, wit my second, i introduced bottle right frm birth wen breastmilk came late n wen breastmilk finally come 5days postpartum, i offered him breast n e refused instantly, i offered him breast everyday but my guy refused ooo.. I just gave up n continue expressing 4 him... Babies r stubborn wen chosing their choice of feeding... My dear, gudluck in trying, i pray e finally accept bottle frm u cos hmmmn... I dnt knw how u gonna do it.
my colleague in the bress pumping ministry, 6 weeks and we are still pumping bress, oga will collect anything except my bress gan gan grin grin grin I don taya
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 12:27pm On Jul 23, 2022
Mamabella:
Please mothers in d house . My baby is almost 10month but as no teeth she been showing of teething sign off and on but yet no teeth yet. I can see her up and down gum white but d teeth not out yet. She is fine aside d no teeth she is crawling and already trying to stand. Am worried she has no teeth. also she is slim in nature she hardly take her milk anymore but take small in her cereal is it OK for me to stop giving her milk cos we keep throwing it away after 2 hours and she hasn't taken it . Is it OK to just add d milk inside her cereal instead if giving it to her as formula

Please don’t worry yourself at all. Yes, she might be a late teeth..er, but that’s all it is. The most important is what you’ve confirmed(she has the teeth under her gums) they MUST come out when ready. My son too was prompt with all his milestones, but late at teething even with all the teething signs and I could see the teeth just under his gum for months. But he celebrated his 1year birthday toothless�. First two teeth finally came out at 13months old. Now he has a full mouth of teeth. Just enjoy her gummy smile for a bit more and do not worry yourself about it at all. It will be WORRY put to WASTE. Lol.

Some babies never take milk (as in formula) especially the EBF babies. Just add enough to the cereal she likes. The important thing is that she gets her age appropriate milk into her body in the daily quantity needed.

As for her slim nature, the best you can do is feed her balanced diet. More fatty foods (u can browse age appropriate fatty food), make sure she gets siesta and even more sleep (the more active they are, the more they’ll burn up fat). Typically, when kids gain mobility, they loose weight a bit.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mamabella: 1:07am On Jul 25, 2022
Good morning mamas and happy new week ... please I need suggestions and advice on what to do. Since I had my baby over 9month ago she has never slept by heslef I guess my mum spoilt her with too much carrying dat that she sleep carrying her on her hand. while carrying her and u put her down on d bed or her bassinet she will wake up immediately crying.. den from carrying her to sleep even if it 3 hours we hold her on our hand well she sleeps. Over time it moved to backing when she was about 2-3month. Please to cut story short d issue now is dat my baby still cannot sleep on d bed when she naps and at night I ve to put my hands under her to place her head and dats how she sleeps all d time . Once I get up to just pee I won't ve reached d bath room before I start hearing her cry I will ve to rush so she doesn't fall off d bed while she look for mi . Please i need suggestion as dis backing for 2-3 straight to nap like twice during d day and even at night time before placing her on d bed is already getting stressful . Please I will appreciate your suggestion . FTM

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 3:20am On Jul 25, 2022
Mamabella:
Good morning mamas and happy new week ... please I need suggestions and advice on what to do. Since I had my baby over 9month ago she has never slept by heslef I guess my mum spoilt her with too much carrying dat that she sleep carrying her on her hand. while carrying her and u put her down on d bed or her bassinet she will wake up immediately crying.. den from carrying her to sleep even if it 3 hours we hold her on our hand well she sleeps. Over time it moved to backing when she was about 2-3month. Please to cut story short d issue now is dat my baby still cannot sleep on d bed when she naps and at night I ve to put my hands under her to place her head and dats how she sleeps all d time . Once I get up to just pee I won't ve reached d bath room before I start hearing her cry I will ve to rush so she doesn't fall off d bed while she look for mi . Please i need suggestion as dis backing for 2-3 straight to nap like twice during d day and even at night time before placing her on d bed is already getting stressful . Please I will appreciate your suggestion . FTM
wow!!! Eeya sorry abt dis... I dnt knw which advice i can give u wit dis even me is stil struggling wit my almst 5months old son to start sittin up but bcs e is used to sitting on bouncer, e os refusing 4 now, babies ve strong heads, dey r stubborn... Even thou e is stubborn, k sit him up everyday. Oda mamas may ve better advice to giv thou.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 4:24am On Jul 25, 2022
Mamabella:
This can be very stressful ooo.. Whenever you lay her in bed and she starts crying, lie beside her and give her breast to suck, she may sleep back but make sure her head is a bit elevated and you adjust yourself such that the breast won't cover her nostrils ... I hope it will work for you

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 8:03am On Jul 26, 2022
Adesquare2 and amsteph theres also a resource that helped a lot in our early stage www.gemiini.org. After the free trial, apply for a scholarship because with our $20 card limit you wont be able to pay for the subscription.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 11:33pm On Jul 26, 2022
sugah:
Adesquare2 and amsteph theres also a resource that helped a lot in our early stage www.gemiini.org. After the free trial, apply for a scholarship because with our $20 card limit you wont be able to pay for the subscription.

I remember this. I stumble upon the ad somewhere and downloaded it. But I didn’t get a response after I replied to all their questions as per the need for the scholarship. I’ll try again since you confirmed it as a useful tool. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:18am On Jul 27, 2022
Mama's please me, how do I stop my 26months(2years+2months) old madam from waking up @ night to eat (pap)... This madam can wake up to 3timez or even more in just a night, I have tried everything from feeding her with swallow @ night, even waking her up ard 11pm to eat so that she can sleep longer,d annoying part is how she will even scream mummy my feeder if u didn't answer quick.... Omo am tempted to give her cypri gold syrup o @ night, d baby in d womb cann't be disturbing me with constant kicks at night and this big madam will be doing her own too

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 3:53pm On Jul 27, 2022
Pweetiebabe:
Mama's please me, how do I stop my 26months(2years+2months) old madam from waking up @ night to eat (pap)... This madam can wake up to 3timez or even more in just a night, I have tried everything from feeding her with swallow @ night, even waking her up ard 11pm to eat so that she can sleep longer,d annoying part is how she will even scream mummy my feeder if u didn't answer quick.... Omo am tempted to give her cypri gold syrup o @ night, d baby in d womb cann't be disturbing me with constant kicks at night and this big madam will be doing her own too

Chai my sister! Your suffering o. Lol! You mean to say my DD age mate(May 9th) is still doing that? Ahh!! She fit’nt oo. You must rest at night cos the grandmaster of sleepless night is on the way. It won’t be easy cos madam already has plenty sense and can definitely exercise her right to protest but like a strong dictator, you must rule that out.

The truth is that she’s not hungry, it’s just a habit and as with all habits, it will be difficult for her to let go at first. But let go, she MUST.

Now you have to prepare your mind and hubby’s mind for the next maybe 1week disturbance at night. Shift her to a solo room and sleep there with her so she doesn’t wake the whole house with shout. For her age, there’s no tactics involved. Just plain stopping. When she wakes up, tell her “no pap” offer her WATER. Not juice, not tea, not anything else but water. If she no gree, drop am for bedside table or ground where she can see it. Then tell her to go sleep. She would protest but stand firm with NO. She’ll prolly meltdown and cry. Just lock you both inside the room and let her cry it out till she tire and sleep. Do it for 1week and let’s see how far.

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 8:30pm On Jul 27, 2022
amSteph:

Chai my sister! Your suffering o. Lol! You mean to say my DD age mate(May 9th) is still doing that? Ahh!! She fit’nt oo. You must rest at night cos the grandmaster of sleepless night is on the way. It won’t be easy cos madam already has plenty sense and can definitely exercise her right to protest but like a strong dictator, you must rule that out.

The truth is that she’s not hungry, it’s just a habit and as with all habits, it will be difficult for her to let go at first. But let go, she MUST.

Now you have to prepare your mind and hubby’s mind for the next maybe 1week disturbance at night. Shift her to a solo room and sleep there with her so she doesn’t wake the whole house with shout. For her age, there’s no tactics involved. Just plain stopping. When she wakes up, tell her “no pap” offer her WATER. Not juice, not tea, not anything else but water. If she no gree, drop am for bedside table or ground where she can see it. Then tell her to go sleep. She would protest but stand firm with NO. She’ll prolly meltdown and cry. Just lock you both inside the room and let her cry it out till she tire and sleep. Do it for 1week and let’s see how far.
thanks so much sis. I know she's not hungry cos sometimes she will just sip small and drop d feeder, will try doing that from this night o, Thank God na only the 2 of they house
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2022
Please can I put like 2drops of silver bird on my baby's clothes she is putting on atm, she has been having severe cough and catarrh since morning. She is 3months and 2 weeks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 3:24pm On Jul 29, 2022
Pweetiebabe:
thanks so much sis. I know she's not hungry cos sometimes she will just sip small and drop d feeder, will try doing that from this night o, Thank God na only the 2 of they house

Lol. Alright then. As long as you maintain your ground, she will move on from that sooner than later.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 3:38pm On Jul 29, 2022
Linda2019:
Please can I put like 2drops of silver bird on my baby's clothes she is putting on atm, she has been having severe cough and catarrh since morning. She is 3months and 2 weeks.

Honestly I can’t say it helps or doesn’t. The leaflet doesn’t prescribe such close proximity. However I did try it back in the years in a desperate effort to alleviate congestion for LO, but I can’t say it worked cos the congestion didn’t clear immediately or even 2days after. I even added few drops to bathing water then. I feel like the congestion just ran it’s course and left. Steaming definitely offered short term relief. Nasal congestion is especially troublesome at night. Hence, try to steam, and lay them with their head elevated, catch sleep when baby does then channel the waking moments to soothing LO.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2467) (2468) (2469) (2470) (2471) (2472) (2473) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.