Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,503 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391589 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2470) (2471) (2472) (2473) (2474) (2475) (2476) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 9:07am On Aug 11, 2022
Layormiii:
Hello mamas,
My 7week old baby has cough and sneezing too.. but no catahr.
What can I do please
It might be allergies.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 10:29am On Aug 11, 2022
Layormiii:
Hello mamas
Today is the 7th day I've been bleeding. I call it bleeding because the blood is much o.

Talked to a nurse and she said my period is back, and that first period after delivery is always very heavy and last longer. I am two months postpartum btw .
I've never seen anything like this before, this is even much more heavier than d one after delivery. Loosing so much blood is so scary.
Please is that how first period after delivery especially through cs is?
She said If it didn't stop or reduce by weekend I should go to hospital
Visit the hospital ASAP.. it happened to my colleague 2 years ago, she said the flow was so much that before she knew it the pad she's wearing is filled up until.. We were telling her it's possible she has started her period but it didn't cease so she went to the hospital, was checked and given meds... Please don't delay in going to the hospital to complain
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 10:46am On Aug 11, 2022
Omakraid:

Visit the hospital ASAP.. it happened to my colleague 2 years ago, she said the flow was so much that before she knew it the pad she's wearing is filled up until.. We were telling her it's possible she has started her period but it didn't cease so she went to the hospital, was checked and given meds... Please don't delay in going to the hospital to complain
did scan and they said womb is okay and blood level too is okay. Dr said it might be some retained blood etc
Was given meds too. I hope that helps. Thank you mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 5:02pm On Aug 11, 2022
Layormiii:
did scan and they said womb is okay and blood level too is okay. Dr said it might be some retained blood etc
Was given meds too. I hope that helps. Thank you mama
Thank God everything is fine, it will reduce with the meds
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by novia22(f): 9:59pm On Aug 11, 2022
gracygem100:
Hi mamas, pls I heard I shouldn't use colourful ribbons to make my baby's hair. Will it cause harm and what else can I use?
She's abt 3months and cries when I comb it, wanna start making it

I had the same issue with my daughter and her plenty hair. I had to get a baby shampoo for her to help soften the hair...(think I used Johnson and then boots cos that's what was affordable for us then) then I would comb in batches with a big tooth comb after applying coconut oil or sheabutter. Pulling her hair in the name of trying to pack it will stress her out. 3months is still a bit early.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cranberryspark(f): 11:37pm On Aug 11, 2022
Omakraid:

In addition to the previous advice given, ensure you burp her after every feeding to reduce the gas in her tommy..
For the sleep, have you tried lying by her side and petting her while she sleeps?

Thanks for the reply. Burping sure helped. However, she still can’t sleep on her own except we back her. I’ve tried all sleeping techniques, she wont sleep. What can I do please?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyNeto(f): 7:33am On Aug 12, 2022
Good morning mamas, please who have solution to sucking of fingers, my twins are both sucking two fingers, if i put pacifier they will remove it and put back their fingers, put stockings they will still wet it and cry until its removed, they will be 6 months soon. Abeg make una help us
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzwealthy: 2:03am On Aug 13, 2022
Good morning mama's , pls my LO has got some rashes on her face sad. Ve tried to think of anytin new I introduced to her and I canot place my hand cos I venot changed anything
of hers in recent time. Pls I bought baby tribotan which her doc said I should buy but am not seeing any major change. It will go look like its drying den later it will resurface. Pls any suggestion on what I can use to clear dis rash . Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dave06(f): 5:55am On Aug 14, 2022
Mzwealthy:
Good morning mama's , pls my LO has got some rashes on her face sad. Ve tried to think of anytin new I introduced to her and I canot place my hand cos I venot changed anything
of hers in recent time. Pls I bought baby tribotan which her doc said I should buy but am not seeing any major change. It will go look like its drying den later it will resurface. Pls any suggestion on what I can use to clear dis rash . Thanks

I've always used Sudocrem for rashes on my LO.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by YUNGLURD(m): 12:04pm On Aug 14, 2022
Mzwealthy:
Rising Raving Baby Powder would do the magic

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gassbee: 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2022
MummyNeto:
Good morning mamas, please who have solution to sucking of fingers, my twins are both sucking two fingers, if i put pacifier they will remove it and put back their fingers, put stockings they will still wet it and cry until its removed, they will be 6 months soon. Abeg make una help us
please allow those beautiful babies to suck, they wil outgrow it with time, there is no harm in it

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyNeto(f): 3:22pm On Aug 14, 2022
gassbee:
please allow those beautiful babies to suck, they wil outgrow it with time, there is no harm in it
ok just that I don’t want what happened to my sister’s finger to happen to them, she sucked till sec school.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esthel(f): 4:55pm On Aug 14, 2022
YUNGLURD:
Rising Raving Baby Powder would do the magic
exactly, it worked for my babyand i stopped worrying about rashes. However it leaves marks behind.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Morrewhunmie(f): 10:01am On Aug 17, 2022
Good morning mamas…pls I need help on a very good bathing soap and body cream I can use for my 7 weeks old baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 11:37am On Aug 17, 2022
Morrewhunmie:
Good morning mamas…pls I need help on a very good bathing soap and body cream I can use for my 7 weeks old baby.
I use agnesia bathing soap and original village Shea butter for him. The way his skin is glowing shocked shocked 9 weeks now and no rashes Or any outbreak atall
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Morrewhunmie(f): 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2022
Layormiii:
I use agnesia bathing soap and original village Shea butter for him. The way his skin is glowing shocked shocked 9 weeks now and no rashes Or any outbreak atall

Thanks cappo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzwealthy: 1:41am On Aug 20, 2022
Good morning mana so my daughter hardly eats and is not having wet diaper and she is not eating nor drinking water and dis is getting mi worried I ve tried giving her abidec, wellbaby to boost her app but not seen any improvement rather is getting worse . She is 10months plus. When I complained at d hospital during immunization her nurse said i should give ehr oraxin syrup dat it will boost her appetite and make her eat more. Pls any one use use d oraxin syrup for deir LO. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 5:27pm On Aug 22, 2022
Mzwealthy:
Good morning mana so my daughter hardly eats and is not having wet diaper and she is not eating nor drinking water and dis is getting mi worried I ve tried giving her abidec, wellbaby to boost her app but not seen any improvement rather is getting worse . She is 10months plus. When I complained at d hospital during immunization her nurse said i should give ehr oraxin syrup dat it will boost her appetite and make her eat more. Pls any one use use d oraxin syrup for deir LO. Thanks
Back to the hospital and see a pediatrician pls. Not peeing might mean she's already dehydrated ...sometimes loss of appetite is a sign that the baby is fighting illness or is ill. Is the appetite loss a new occurrence? Either ways, you should take her to see a pediatrician pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2022
Mzwealthy:
not having wet diapers aint a gud sign.. Pls see ur doctor asap.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adegbitown: 1:15pm On Aug 24, 2022
Good day all.
Please which cereal is good for a 2 yr old?
Nutriben is getting more expensive by the day and it finishes in 5 days.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcoatted(f): 1:55pm On Aug 24, 2022
adegbitown:
Good day all.
Please which cereal is good for a 2 yr old?
Nutriben is getting more expensive by the day and it finishes in 5 days.

Nutribom is cheaper but needs milk. You can try it out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2022
Hello mamas,
My 12weeks baby is always very sweaty, from his forehead, arms, etc
On fan or open window after a little while he starts sneezing, in shorts he sneezez on the norms now. Off fan and all again he starts sweating.
It's really very confusing on how to dress him up or balance everything
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 8:10am On Aug 29, 2022
Layormiii:
Hello mamas,
On fan or open window after a little while he starts sneezing, in shorts he sneezez on the norms now. Off fan and all again he starts sweating.
The sneezing might be due to allergens. Ensure there's no dust on the net where the open windows are. ACs are better fan, you can set the temperature at 24° or above

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bollyano(f): 9:11am On Aug 29, 2022
Good morning mamas, my baby just clocked 6 month yesterday and we've been on exclusive breastfeeding. Please ma's I need ideas on the kind of foods I can start giving her now. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jess20: 10:29am On Aug 29, 2022
Good morning
Please what is the best soap and cream set for new borns
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 12:08pm On Aug 29, 2022
Layormiii:
Hello mamas,
first of all... Fan aint gud 4 babies when u direct it towards dem... If its standing fan put it on and away direct it away from d baby d little breeze frm d fan will circulate d room but know smtin some babies sweat even thou dey aint feeling heat, it happened to my first baby... It was very confusing until we enter raining season n mr man stil dey sweat even thou everywhere was cold... I just ignore it n dress him normally... I dnt rap him up i just wear him sleepsuit only, jhst to b on d safe side... U c dt sneezing aint bcs of cold ooo... D pollution in Nigeria generally is enof to mk new babies sneeze 4gt say na inside aous u dey, d pollution dey enter house, i am 99.9percent sure d sneezing isnt related to d weather.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 12:10pm On Aug 29, 2022
jess20:
Good morning
Please what is the best soap and cream set for new borns
agnesia n shea butter.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 1:04pm On Aug 29, 2022
Good day my fellow baby mamas, so i am here to rant small....
So, wen i gave birth my baby refuse to breastfed bcs him don taste bottle n preferred 2 b breastfed so i retreated to expressin breastmilk cs i b ebf mama geng n moreover to save money, moreover formula is freaking expensive 4 obodo oyinbo... Infact all baby stuff dey expensive except diapers... So i started pumping ooo... Ha!! If to say i c pesin tell me say pumpin breast is painful n stressful ehn... I 4 no do am n b buyin formula jeje... I suffered ah!!! D first month of pumping, i was lik d pain normal say d breast pain will go eventually, second month d pain continued... I started researching about breastpumping on google but nobody was complaining abt pain while breastpumping... I was now lik is it my body... I cont pumpin cs guilty conscience dey do me say mk i no stop giving baby breastmilk say breastmilk is d best hmmm... Omo i dey alwz cry wen i pump wit my electric bp... I pump 4times in d day and 2times in midnight n i spent maximum of 4hrs pumping, smx sef i dey get lump 4 breast which i hate most cs it mkz pumping more difficult 4 me cs i gaz gt it out so i wont gt infectn, it tkz 3days 4 me to gt lump out... D pumpin consume my time to play wiy my baby n Baby too doesnt mk it easy 4 me cs na dt period wey i dey pump him go dey seek 4 my attention (hmmmn no b small tin ooo)... Wen baby see pumping machine in my hands like dis,
him go start crying... N am always lik c me c trouble ooo.... Wen i drop d machine, e wil start playing again.... Engorgement dey use me play football everyday... If i eat anythin or sip small water breast go full, cant go out cs i gaz pump out d milk everytime cs d engorgement pain no b here.
Fast forward to day b4 yesterday, Saturday to b precise i mk up my mind baby is now 5months 2week, almost 6months, told myself i hv tried, i hv suffered musef enof, i am quitting pumping... Let me just fast dis engorgement head on!!! Baby will b takin formula from today and woll start solid wen e clock 6month....Omo!!! since saturday night i hav being in constant pain of engorgement... U c lastnight, i cried like a baby, d pain was so much i had to express little milk out, took sage leaf tablets to help with d drying of d milk (i pray it work fast sha). Still in pains as i type like dis, if capital letter IF i have anoda baby again anl go near anyyhing breastpump in my life if baby nl take breatmilk straight from source, na formula straight... I cant even laydown to sleep cs wen i sleep breast get more engorged ha God!!! Women dey suffer ooo... ( Plot twist) so i discovered my baby ve cow milk allergy wen i gave him formula to drink, his eyeslid bcm mild swollen n started having dis red rashes on his body d day i gave him d formula so i took him to d hospital n doc confirmed my theory dt e is allergic to protein in cow's milk, ao e cant tk normal baby formula..... E has dis eczema dt refuse to go on his face since e ws 2months old n his poop were most of d time greenish n watery but i nva give it any thought since he is gaining weight... doc told me e hv been reacting to d cow milk i took 4 a while, imagine!!! N i tot i was helpin him by pumping my nipple off... Not knowing dt e is allergic to my breastmilk... So we r now on nutramigen formula ooo which e doesn't lik much cs d formula doesn't smell nice n it is tasteless n dis formula is freaking expensive (thank God its free on prescription).... In my life, i will nva eva pump again... Every expression i made, i was in pain, i only gt 1hr pain free cs wen dis breast gt full again na pain until i express... Its not easy abeg
Rant over!!!

Note: just wanna pass wat i discovered baby eczema isnt just caused by cream dt baby use, it is also sign of cow milk allergy be it u r breastfeeding cs protein in milk dt mother consume can be pass through breastfeeding or formula fed babies wen u c eczema on ur baby dont just tink it is caused by cream or soap, think of milk too n cut off milk of diary from ur diet 4 ebf manas n 4 formula fed babies buy hypollergenic formula 4 ur baby.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2022
kokaiye:
first of all... Fan aint gud 4 babies when u direct it towards dem... If its standing fan put it on and away direct it away from d baby d little breeze frm d fan will circulate d room but know smtin some babies sweat even thou dey aint feeling heat, it happened to my first baby... It was very confusing until we enter raining season n mr man stil dey sweat even thou everywhere was cold... I just ignore it n dress him normally... I dnt rap him up i just wear him sleepsuit only, jhst to b on d safe side... U c dt sneezing aint bcs of cold ooo... D pollution in Nigeria generally is enof to mk new babies sneeze 4gt say na inside aous u dey, d pollution dey enter house, i am 99.9percent sure d sneezing isnt related to d weather.
thank you ooo
Rain was falling lastnight, I was even cold, touched my baby and he was sweating everywhere.. small time now he started having heat rashes, and to me the weather is cold.. or not hot atall and his cloth will be soaked with his sweat.
Finish bathing him now now, before I finish dressing him up e go don sweat for forehead
Thank you, will just continue wearing the onesies, maybe I won't wear singlets.
I no get ac for house o nah why we dey use fan. Was thinking it's too much breeze or cold that's making him sneeze. Thanks for the info.
How's baby boy doing..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2022
sugah:

The sneezing might be due to allergens. Ensure there's no dust on the net where the open windows are. ACs are better fan, you can set the temperature at 24° or above
thanks mama, will have them clean our nets
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2022
kokaiye:
Good day my fellow baby mamas, so i am here to rant small....
So, wen i gave birth my baby refuse to breastfed bcs him don taste bottle n preferred 2 b breastfed so i retreated to expressin breastmilk cs i b ebf mama geng n moreover to save money, moreover formula is freaking expensive 4 obodo oyinbo... Infact all baby stuff dey expensive except diapers... So i started pumping ooo... Ha!! If to say i c pesin tell me say pumpin breast is painful n stressful ehn... I 4 no do am n b buyin formula jeje... I suffered ah!!! D first month of pumping, i was lik d pain normal say d breast pain will go eventually, second month d pain continued... I started researching about breastpumping on google but nobody was complaining abt pain while breastpumping... I was now lik is it my body... I cont pumpin cs guilty conscience dey do me say mk i no stop giving baby breastmilk say breastmilk is d best hmmm... Omo i dey alwz cry wen i pump wit my electric bp... I pump 4times in d day and 2times in midnight n i spent maximum of 4hrs pumping, smx sef i dey get lump 4 breast which i hate most cs it mkz pumping more difficult 4 me cs i gaz gt it out so i wont gt infectn, it tkz 3days 4 me to gt lump out... D pumpin consume my time to play wiy my baby n Baby too doesnt mk it easy 4 me cs na dt period wey i dey pump him go dey seek 4 my attention (hmmmn no b small tin ooo)... Wen baby see pumping machine in my hands like dis,
him go start crying... N am always lik c me c trouble ooo.... Wen i drop d machine, e wil start playing again.... Engorgement dey use me play football everyday... If i eat anythin or sip small water breast go full, cant go out cs i gaz pump out d milk everytime cs d engorgement pain no b here.
Fast forward to day b4 yesterday, Saturday to b precise i mk up my mind baby is now 5months 2week, almost 6months, told myself i hv tried, i hv suffered musef enof, i am quitting pumping... Let me just fast dis engorgement head on!!! Baby will b takin formula from today and woll start solid wen e clock 6month....Omo!!! since saturday night i hav being in constant pain of engorgement... U c lastnight, i cried like a baby, d pain was so much i had to express little milk out, took sage leaf tablets to help with d drying of d milk (i pray it work fast sha). Still in pains as i type like dis, if capital letter IF i have anoda baby again anl go near anyyhing breastpump in my life if baby nl take breatmilk straight from source, na formula straight... I cant even laydown to sleep cs wen i sleep breast get more engorged ha God!!! Women dey suffer ooo... ( Plot twist) so i discovered my baby ve cow milk allergy wen i gave him formula to drink, his eyeslid bcm mild swollen n started having dis red rashes on his body d day i gave him d formula so i took him to d hospital n doc confirmed my theory dt e is allergic to protein in cow's milk, ao e cant tk normal baby formula..... E has dis eczema dt refuse to go on his face since e ws 2months old n his poop were most of d time greenish n watery but i nva give it any thought since he is gaining weight... doc told me e hv been reacting to d cow milk i took 4 a while, imagine!!! N i tot i was helpin him by pumping my nipple off... Not knowing dt e is allergic to my breastmilk... So we r now on nutramigen formula ooo which e doesn't lik much cs d formula doesn't smell nice n it is tasteless n dis formula is freaking expensive (thank God its free on prescription).... In my life, i will nva eva pump again... Every expression i made, i was in pain, i only gt 1hr pain free cs wen dis breast gt full again na pain until i express... Its not easy abeg
Rant over!!!
Make I follow u rant too
Was at the hospital last week and complained that my baby never collect bress.. only feeding bottle. I made the mistake you wrote up there, giving him bottle first before breast and so he refused my bress blatantly.

You see we are almost three months now and my right hand is literally gone cos I use manual pump. It's not easy atall. I put my baby to my bress and he start crying uncontrollably.

With the bottle I don't even know if my baby is eating enough, cos I feel like he will literally drink the whole milk in both bress at once if he was sucking directly, but now he drinks about 120ml every 2hours.

So I was told at the hospital to throw away all the bottles, and go back to feeding him with spoon or syringe for like two days straight and then introduce him to the bress afresh.. even if he cries I shouldn't mind.. been postponing doing that cos I know he will over cry, but honestly I'm tired of expressing cry cry cry cry cry cry my hand/arm Hurts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2470) (2471) (2472) (2473) (2474) (2475) (2476) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.