Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4410916 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2464) (2465) (2466) (2467) (2468) (2469) (2470) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TOHHAN(f): 11:16am On Jun 28, 2022
amSteph:

No you didn’t. Absolutely refrain from massaging it or applying ice block. The cool water that runs over the lap during bath is ok. Massaging can lead to lump and subsequent abscess formation. That penta vaccine is painful but you don’t want to go through abscess drainage with your LO. It’s heart shattering, I kid you not!

Your already doing great. Be untop of the paracetamol administration. Don’t wait for the fever to pick up before you administer. Just do so every 6hrly at the most, carry, cuddle and soothe DD through it. Try not to shake the leg as much. That Penta is brutal honestly. Poor babies.

Pls is there anywhere they do Circumcision without pain in Lagos? That wan too is not for faint hearted.
Did my baby own at MCC Abraham Adesanya and my baby didn't cry much, not really painful though I gave him paracetamol as we gt home and datz all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TOHHAN(f): 11:21am On Jun 28, 2022
Layormiii:
oh woooow. Yours healed so fast I am so jealous.. please give me tips. 14days now and we still dey wear plaster
Some ppl prefer using the plaster because of infection for instance, when mine was removed, a woman ask dat dey plaster her and she ll b coming for dressing every 2-3days. My plaster was removed and still not yt healed totally, intact I still feel pain in a syd of d CS area and abdomen start paining me too till I had to visit d hospital back. Visit Ur hospital back, dere shd b postnatal visitation for 6weeks or so. Always eat fruit too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 11:35am On Jun 28, 2022
Tomblessings:

I envy you. My tommy is still as if another baby is in it.
It is well with me!
Don't worry ma, it will go down... When my mum was saying my tommy is big, I asked her if I had a flat tommy before cheesy except the tommy wants to be flatter than what it was..

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zummy45: 5:23pm On Jun 28, 2022
Hello mamas,please help
My baby is 11 weeks and my breast milk comes out in trickles. After he pulls the first milk out, nothing else comes out. I had to supplement with formula. I still don't know what went wrong o because my first baby wasn't like this.I did EBF.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mjblinks(f): 5:44pm On Jun 28, 2022
Omakraid:

Haa, be watchful before you do the do ooo so that 9 months will not fall on you sharp sharp grin

LOL. Mama I hear ooo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 7:04pm On Jun 28, 2022
Thanks mamas for the repies
I was banned for my post here since yesterday... I no know d bad thing wey I post o.
So I called a nurse friend on video call to show her the surgery site and she said it's not that bad like I explained.. hmm she said I shouldn't put plaster again and just be cleaning with spirit as often as I can, and use my drugs just like y'all suggested.

Been doing that since morning, tho hubby said I must Sha go to hospital tomorrow to see a doctor
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cranberryspark(f): 5:21am On Jun 29, 2022
Good day. Please my daughter is a month plus now. She cries uncontrollably sometimes. The only soothing drug is breastfeeding. She has sucked so much that nipple sef Dey pain. Also, she cannot sleep deeply except you back her. Anywhere else you put she will cry and not sleep at all.

Please what can I do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 5:37am On Jun 29, 2022
cranberryspark:
Good day. Please my daughter is a month plus now. She cries uncontrollably sometimes. The only soothing drug is breastfeeding. She has sucked so much that nipple sef Dey pain. Also, she cannot sleep deeply except you back her. Anywhere else you put she will cry and not sleep at all.

Please what can I do?
its colic... Keep on feeding her to sooth her... N if u csn get grip water or infacol give it to her to relieve her of d colic... Poor baby cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 5:40am On Jun 29, 2022
zummy45:
Hello mamas,please help
My baby is 11 weeks and my breast milk comes out in trickles. After he pulls the first milk out, nothing else comes out. I had to supplement with formula. I still don't know what went wrong o because my first baby wasn't like this.I did EBF.
hello mummy... Go sn get fenugreek to help u wit d supoly of breastmilk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 7:45am On Jun 29, 2022
cranberryspark:

Please what can I do?
In addition to the previous advice given, ensure you burp her after every feeding to reduce the gas in her tommy..
For the sleep, have you tried lying by her side and petting her while she sleeps?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zummy45: 9:40am On Jun 29, 2022
Fenugreek?is it like a tablet or seeds? I am sorry for my ignorance.
kokaiye:
hello mummy... Go sn get fenugreek to help u wit d supoly of breastmilk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SecretReporter(f): 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
Am enjoying this trend although just started following this trend, it's funny as a young couple of not up to 30 and we jst had our First son after marriage, its really turf because we refuse to take any house help because of different reason but so far the ride has been sweet except when he wake up at night to cry omo that part nor easy because he will disturb me and my wife sleep

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tmat(f): 9:12pm On Jun 29, 2022
Good evening mama's
I love the few things I've read on this platform, I just joined tho.
Please o I have a question, my baby is almost 15months and my Tommy still looks like that of 3 months pregnancy. I really wish to get rid of 10inches from what I'm seeing � �. Is it possible and how can I go about it please.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2022
SecretReporter:
Am enjoying this trend although just started following this trend, it's funny as a young couple of not up to 30 and we jst had our First son after marriage, its really turf because we refuse to take any house help because of different reason but so far the ride has been sweet except when he wake up at night to cry omo that part nor easy because he will disturb me and my wife sleep

Oh yes!.. The sleepless nights. That is a rite of passage o. The best you can hope for is a swift “wake-up, fuss, feed, burp and sleep back” trend each time he wakes up. Stay strong dad, you’ll adjust and get better at it.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2022
Tmat:
Good evening mama's
Please o I have a question, my baby is almost 15months and my Tommy still looks like that of 3 months pregnancy. I really wish to get rid of 10inches from what I'm seeing � �. Is it possible and how can I go about it please.
Was it flat before pregnancy? This too is a factor. Then have you tried the whole waist trainer and exercise? Though to see results would take a while, but I here it’s satisfying, without side effects and permanent in the long run. But more sabi mama’s would share their opinions.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 2:21am On Jun 30, 2022
zummy45:
Fenugreek?is it like a tablet or seeds? I am sorry for my ignorance.
where i am.. Its in tablets.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Manuel91(m): 8:58am On Jun 30, 2022
SecretReporter:

Happy to see another young dad like myself here...
My son is 5months and 8days now, we went through this phase too and yes it was frustrating, but it's a rite of passage like the other person said...

Ours was tiring cos we have no help, we learn everyday on the internet and from family members (video calls etc)... What worked for me was; I'd bath for my son around 11pm, massage him with small Robb all over his body, give him to his mother for massive breast feeding. He'd fall asleep in less than 10mins (now here's the trick, while he and his mom are sleeping. I must have made his NAN, I take the night shift. So if I hear any small pim, I'd just feed him, and he's back to sleep, easy pizzy.. My wife's sleep improved, his crying reduced and I sleep in the morning grin

But bro, the truth is every month has different pattern lol.... But it's a beautiful experience all men should partake in, irrespective of how exhausting it can be... This is the only time they are our little muffins

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eezohbae(f): 12:04pm On Jun 30, 2022
Tmat:
Good evening mama's

Try intermittent fasting, then exercise, you will definitely see a difference

Mama Tomblessings, with time your tummy will go down. I'm a CS Mama too. Once your site is totally healed, and your doctor gives a go ahead, you can start using waist trainers/tummy belts, and other shapewears.

Start with light exercises. Taking walks helps greatly. My tummy is almost as flat as it was pre pregnancy, even though I didn't get the chance to use the gym, Trekking and intermittent fasting helped a lot

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SecretReporter(f): 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2022
Manuel91:

Happy to see another young dad like myself here...
My son is 5months and 8days now, we went through this phase too and yes it was frustrating, but it's a rite of passage like the other person said...

Ours was tiring cos we have no help, we learn everyday on the internet and from family members (video calls etc)... What worked for me was; I'd bath for my son around 11pm, massage him with small Robb all over his body, give him to his mother for massive breast feeding. He'd fall asleep in less than 10mins (now here's the trick, while he and his mom are sleeping. I must have made his NAN, I take the night shift. So if I hear any small pim, I'd just feed him, and he's back to sleep, easy pizzy.. My wife's sleep improved, his crying reduced and I sleep in the morning grin

But bro, the truth is every month has different pattern lol.... But it's a beautiful experience all men should partake in, irrespective of how exhausting it can be... This is the only time they are our little muffins
nice one, I think I will start the massage phase, so it's help

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Manuel91(m): 12:22pm On Jun 30, 2022
SecretReporter:

Please do chief,
You see all this new generation wey we dey born.
They are here for enjoyment, and to be taking Kiaaruf grin grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kachifav: 4:13pm On Jun 30, 2022
Please oooo Mama's in the house how can I stop my four months old baby to stop sucking his thumb.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 5:18pm On Jun 30, 2022
Kachifav:
Please oooo Mama's in the house how can I stop my four months old baby to stop sucking his thumb.
u cant cs e is a baby... Babies suck their thump or suck their hands fir comfort.... Except u want to b wearing mittens 4 baby everytime... But mittens can easily carry germs into baby system u knw.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by novia22(f): 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2022
Kachifav:

Form the habit of gently removing the thumb from his mouth whenever you catch him sucking. Don't just allow him cos he is a baby. They are humans too and with time, he will get the message.
Same thing happened with my first. I kept removing it and talking to her until she stopped. Then she formed another habit of sticking out her tongue from her mouth. I kept closing it whenever I saw it and kept talking to her, then she stopped too. She was also 4 months then.
Do it gently/playfully and say stuff like "mummy doesn't like that or Good boys don't suck their thumbs" Forget they are babies, they listen especially to us their mothers....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyHalo(f): 10:06am On Jul 01, 2022
SecretReporter:
Hi Papa, I think it’s better to use baby’s oil for the massage instead of robb. I’m not sure it’s advisable to use such for babies.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 4:35am On Jul 02, 2022
MummyHalo:

Hi Papa, I think it’s better to use baby’s oil for the massage instead of robb. I’m not sure it’s advisable to use such for babies.
u r very CORRECT.. Rob is a big NO!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ebowo(f): 4:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
There are mild rub for babies, u can even put a few drops of silverbird liquid in the warm bathing water ,try late bath at night and the water should not be lukewarm...he will only wake up when hungry .

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ChizziCindy(f): 10:29am On Jul 04, 2022
Hello Mama's, please I need advice on how to go about still exclusively breastfeeding my baby once my maternity leave end. Baby is almost 3 month and in about 2 weeks I have to go back to work and she has been on only breast milk. Would still want to continue it till she is 6 months. She will be starting daycare once I resume, please I need advice from experienced Mama's on how to package the breast milk for her till I pick her up from the daycare.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eezohbae(f): 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2022
ChizziCindy:
Hello Mama's, please I need advice on how to go about still exclusively breastfeeding my baby once my maternity leave end. Baby is almost 3 month and in about 2 weeks I have to go back to work and she has been on only breast milk. Would still want to continue it till she is 6 months. She will be starting daycare once I resume, please I need advice from experienced Mama's on how to package the breast milk for her till I pick her up from the daycare.

Get milk storage bags and bottles, bottle warmer. Thermal bags and there's this blue thing you pour water inside and freeze, then put in thermal bags when packing the stored milk.

Basically, you pump, label and freeze . When you're packing baby's bag for creche, pack the frozen breast milk into the thermal bag. Then instruct the carers to warm using the bottle warmer before feeding baby. Or just warm by placing bottle into warm/hot water.

Reach out to Mummy Zaynie - Nanasbabyessentials on Instagram, she has all of this in stock. And she will be of great help to you too

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shithapuns: 7:54am On Jul 05, 2022
Battling reoccurrent cough, cold and catarrh for 2yr old. Tired of going to hospital and be given more and more drugs, that seem not curr it completely,

Is there a surefire way of treating this in toddlers, note we dont use AC, and fan is once in a while.
Learnt pineapple+honey+ginger juice works wonders, but the toddler is a picky eater, hence runs away from the juice.

Mek una help me o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by novia22(f): 9:55am On Jul 05, 2022
shithapuns:
Battling reoccurrent cough, cold and catarrh for 2yr old. Tired of going to hospital and be given more and more drugs, that seem not curr it completely,

Is there a surefire way of treating this in toddlers, note we dont use AC, and fan is once in a while.
Learnt pineapple+honey+ginger juice works wonders, but the toddler is a picky eater, hence runs away from the juice.
Mek una help me o

First of all, do you over dress your toddler? Like try to keep them warm always?
See, I learnt this from my mum. Sometimes when you over dress a toddler, they sweat but can't and won't complain. This sweat soaks their clothes and still stays with them as the move or play around making them constantly cold within meanwhile giving you the impression they are warm.

Secondly, you need to go to the hospital and ask your doctor if they can run a culture test to pick out the particular bacteria causing this and handle it squarely.

Thirdly, children especially toddlers have a habit of reinfecting themselves cos of the hand to mouth contact. Make sure your floors are cleaned properly( try adding bleach to floor cleaning if you don't use it) and surfaces are dusted too to reduce such. Also be careful of the adults that come around your toddler. Relations also are another source of infection we overlook.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fruit4me: 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2022
Tomblessings:
Hello!!!

Please help a worried mum. I'm 3weeks postpartum(CS) and my tommy is still very big. I stopped taking warm water 3days back. Should I continue drinking the warm water?
Please what else can I take to reduce it.

Thank you
don’t trouble yourself, it will go down with time but keep taking warm water

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2464) (2465) (2466) (2467) (2468) (2469) (2470) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.