Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4397541 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2484) (2485) (2486) (2487) (2488) (2489) (2490) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2022
Hello mamas kiss
How are y'all doing
Congratulations on the successful deliveries of your Lo's smiley

So I recently learnt how to debone fresh herrings(sawa fish) and thought to share with you all cheesy

➡️ Firstly, gently descale your herrings, trim the tail and fins off

➡️ Then using a blunt knife cut across the head just beneath the gills but don't cut the bone off

That's why a blunt knife is better used.

Also cut round the tail end without cutting the bone off
NOTE: ( keeping the bone intact on both head and tail is very important)

➡️ Remove the guts

➡️ Now hold the head still attached and gently press along the spine of the fish, with the belly facing down.
keep pressing through the spine down to the tail until you feel the flesh of the fish being released from the bones within it.

➡️ Then locate that bone you didn't cut off at the head, hold the body of the fish tight and pull.

The long bone comes out beautifully with ease and the fish doesn't scatter
It takes just few minutes to neatly pull the long bone out if you pressed the spine well to release it.

The best way to enjoy this fish is to de-bone it then cook on low heat to soften any pin bone that didn't come out during de-bonning
I so much love this fish for it's great taste and oils grin

Enjoy! wink

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 4:25pm On Oct 29, 2022
For those who would love to watch the step by step video
Here is the channel I learnt it from.
Happy practicing! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vebSfqB5MYs

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mamabella: 12:23am On Oct 30, 2022
Hello mama's. Please no bashing here . My LO is 13months old now and she is yet to walk independently. She can stand holding on to sumtin and walk holding on to sumtin but she is yet to walk by herself pls are der any thing I can do to encourage her more to help her start walking herself. Will appreciate positive response thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realtalk19: 4:48am On Oct 30, 2022
Layormiii:
Here again mamas grin grin grin grin grin
This boy is always looking for what to chook in his mouth to scratch his gum.. how can I help him cos d thing is worrying him gan

Get baby tribotan from the pharmacy and rub in small quantity on affected areas of baby skin. It will fade off with time if consistently used. Once the skin is cleared you can stop usage
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realtalk19: 4:57am On Oct 30, 2022
exclusiveoloori:
Hello mamas, my 3 month old baby hasnt been feeding well on breast milk, each time I nurse him, he's always crying and won't stop until I end up giving him formula (SMA gold) someone said maybe he's not getting enough milk from my breasts so I decided to take pap and other stuffs recommended including getting a breast pump but still not producing enough milk to fill my baby so most times he's on formula and I'm a bit worried about this as we were advised to go on EBF. I breast feed for almost 2hrs some times just to avoid giving formula but he keeps crying. Is there anything else I can do to increase the production? Then what if I continue with the formula, hope it doesn't pose any danger to my baby? Help a first time mum

Pls don't starve your baby because of EBF. My baby started with formula from day one at the general hospital where I gave birth.i had a CS and hadnt recovered yet and breast wasn't lactating enough milk.

I continued with Lactogen when I got home and due to constant nipple bleeding that refused to heal when baby sucks ,I had to stop breast feeding at 3 months and switched to brown pap and Lactogen milk.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 30, 2022
Good morning Mama, didn't know a thread like this exist aside the pregnancy thread, please o my 7 weeks old baby is having a blocked nose,what can I use for him,he finds it difficult to breath, sometimes I help him suck out the mucus and is it true that he has the cold because I took cold water?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 10:27am On Oct 30, 2022
Minmin2323:
Good morning Mama, didn't know a thread like this exist aside the pregnancy thread, please o my 7 weeks old baby is having a blocked nose,what can I use for him,he finds it difficult to breath, sometimes I help him suck out the mucus and is it true that he has the cold because I took cold water?
lol... Not true ooo.. U talkin cold water soeant affect baby... About d blocked nose am afraid their is notin u can do to mk it go away fast except managing for example mk sure where u put baby is dust free... Mk sure ur face is clean cos fan can distribute dust easily, wat is causing catarrh for baby is mainly dust n not cold, so do everything u can to mk sure u dont put baby in dusty area... Get baby rub n rub baby foot n wear him socks, get original ori n mix wit d baby rub n put just little i mean tiny bit n rub ontop of baby nose, not inside his nose pls... If u can gt humidifier, alwz put it on 4 baby, dt too can help baby blocked nose, get saline drop too 4 d blocked nose.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2022
Thank you so much mama kokaiye�
kokaiye:
lol... Not true ooo.. U talkin cold water soeant affect baby... About d blocked nose am afraid their is notin u can do to mk it go away fast except managing for example mk sure where u put baby is dust free... Mk sure ur face is clean cos fan can distribute dust easily, wat is causing catarrh for baby is mainly dust n not cold, so do everything u can to mk sure u dont put baby in dusty area... Get baby rub n rub baby foot n wear him socks, get original ori n mix wit d baby rub n put just little i mean tiny bit n rub ontop of baby nose, not inside his nose pls... If u can gt humidifier, alwz put it on 4 baby, dt too can help baby blocked nose, get saline drop too 4 d blocked nose.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2022
realtalk19:

Get baby tribotan from the pharmacy and rub in small quantity on affected areas of baby skin. It will fade off with time if consistently used. Once the skin is cleared you can stop usage
You quoted the wrong person oo

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 2:08pm On Oct 30, 2022
Mamabella:
Hello mama's. [/b]Please no bashing here[b] . My LO is 13months old now and she is yet to walk independently. She can stand holding on to sumtin and walk holding on to sumtin but she is yet to walk by herself pls are der any thing I can do to encourage her more to help her start walking herself. Will appreciate positive response thank you.
Hi mama, babies walk at different times, while some walk early, some walk late. You can encourage her by holding both hands and walking with her always.. You really don't need to bother since she stands and walk while holding on to something. My neighbor's daughter is already walking gradually at 11 month plus but there is no single teeth in her mouth cheesy and her parents are tired. All kids are wired separately. She'll do it at her pace..

Ps, @.bolded is not so good because this is a forum of help

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realtalk19: 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2022
Omakraid:

You quoted the wrong person oo

Oh sorry about that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Roseey0(f): 12:01pm On Oct 31, 2022
exclusiveoloori:
Hello mamas, my 3 month old baby hasnt been feeding well on breast milk, each time I nurse him, he's always crying and won't stop until I end up giving him formula (SMA gold) someone said maybe he's not getting enough milk from my breasts so I decided to take pap and other stuffs recommended including getting a breast pump but still not producing enough milk to fill my baby so most times he's on formula and I'm a bit worried about this as we were advised to go on EBF. I breast feed for almost 2hrs some times just to avoid giving formula but he keeps crying. Is there anything else I can do to increase the production? Then what if I continue with the formula, hope it doesn't pose any danger to my baby? Help a first time mum

Are you yoruba
Look for Ewe bomubomu
Boil the leaves and drink the water 3 x daily
If you can get original real palmwine too, they help your boobs produce more.
Fenugreek helps too. It increases prolactin.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2022
Hello mamas, please I need quick answers to these questions,I typed here yesterday that my baby has cold,so over the night,he couldn't breathe well because of blocked nose,I took him to Gbaja hospital this morning but due to the number of people waiting to see the pediatrician,she sent some of us to the health center close to the hospital,I was asked to do a blood test,the test said baby had malaria,the doctor wrote down some drugs for me to get at the pharmacy,o have gotten them,it is remaining lonart syrup for babies
(1) baby is just 7 weeks old,are these drugs not too muchthe doctor doesn't seem sure when he was writing the drugs
(2)He is coughing,and he has blocked nose,he didn't prescribe anything to help relieve him pending the time the malaria drugs will work,or is it that why treating it,the cold will disappear?? since malaria is cause of the cold
(3) please what natural remedies can I use to help relieve the blocked nose,I feel for him each time he tries to sneeze
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 31, 2022
Here are the drugs
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2022

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by exclusiveoloori: 10:37am On Nov 01, 2022
Hello, my 3 months old baby has white patches on the corner of both eyes. Pls is it normal, if not what can I use to clear it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by exclusiveoloori: 10:38am On Nov 01, 2022
Roseey0:

Are you yoruba
Look for Ewe bomubomu
Boil the leaves and drink the water 3 x daily
If you can get original real palmwine too, they help your boobs produce more.
Fenugreek helps too. It increases prolactin.

Yes I am and will definitely try this. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 3:25pm On Nov 01, 2022
exclusiveoloori:
Hello, my 3 months old baby has white patches on the corner of both eyes. Pls is it normal, if not what can I use to clear it
i hope its nit baby cataract sha... I hope its notin insha Allah
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 3:43pm On Nov 01, 2022
Minmin2323:
Nigerian doctors n antibiotics r like 5&6.... Apart frm d antibiotics... D multivitamin n paracetamol is okay... I dnt even knw way antibiotics is doing there anyway... U said pikin gt malaria u dey give antibiotics... Nawao!!! My sister, wit time d cold will go away... Wen me n my baby had covid... D covid hit my baby badly wit cold, cough n high temperature... I was forced 2 tk baby to hospital even thou they said if anybody ve covid they shld stay home... Took baby to hospital but unfortunately dey said dey cant do anythin bit to wait d symptoms out dt i shld b given baby paracetamol to relieve him of d fever... It took my baby 1week for d fever to breal and 1month plus 4 cough n cattarh to go... I didnt use anything except paracetamol... Antibiotic os forbidden on uk except it bcm life or death situation... So my sister just wait ot out, give paracetamol to relieve baby small... I no its not easy looking at ur baby battle cold n cough.... Mk i no lie u... Its heartbreaking

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by elega(f): 10:26pm On Nov 01, 2022
exclusiveoloori:

Yes I am and will definitely try this. Thank you
Good evening, PL what is the English name for this. I am having d same challenge.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:38am On Nov 02, 2022
Thank you ma,I got the saline nasal drop for him and it's been really helpful,we are not using the antibiotics for now....
kokaiye:
Nigerian doctors n antibiotics r like 5&6.... Apart frm d antibiotics... D multivitamin n paracetamol is okay... I dnt even knw way antibiotics is doing there anyway... U said pikin gt malaria u dey give antibiotics... Nawao!!! My sister, wit time d cold will go away... Wen me n my baby had covid... D covid hit my baby badly wit cold, cough n high temperature... I was forced 2 tk baby to hospital even thou they said if anybody ve covid they shld stay home... Took baby to hospital but unfortunately dey said dey cant do anythin bit to wait d symptoms out dt i shld b given baby paracetamol to relieve him of d fever... It took my baby 1week for d fever to breal and 1month plus 4 cough n cattarh to go... I didnt use anything except paracetamol... Antibiotic os forbidden on uk except it bcm life or death situation... So my sister just wait ot out, give paracetamol to relieve baby small... I no its not easy looking at ur baby battle cold n cough.... Mk i no lie u... Its heartbreaking

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 5:06am On Nov 02, 2022
Minmin2323:
Thank you ma,I got the saline nasal drop for him and it's been really helpful,we are not using the antibiotics for now....
Alhamdulilah ur LO is doing fine now... Pls dont use d antibiotics 4 him at all... Not even d d future except if it is confirm (God4bide ooo) bacteria infectn, dt is wat antibiotics r used 4.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 5:27am On Nov 02, 2022
exclusiveoloori:
so i found ans to dis... It is called millia n it doesnt require any treatment dt it will go away on its own but if it doesn't go n it increase in size u shld c ur doctor... In gpogle dey said it can b fungi infectn too so usin coconut oil on d affected area can help clear it up
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2022
exclusiveoloori:
Hello, my 3 months old baby has white patches on the corner of both eyes. Pls is it normal, if not what can I use to clear it[/quote] so i found ans to dis... It is called millia n it doesnt require any treatment dt it will go away on its own but if it doesn't go n it increase in size u shld c ur doctor... In gpogle dey said it can b fungi infectn too so usin coconut oil on d affected area can help clear it up
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ihavethingstodo: 2:37pm On Nov 02, 2022
Sabi Mamas, I noticed this red rashes that looks like wounds on my LO bumbum, my SIL said it is heat rashes, we have been using agnesia powder, but no results, the rashes is spreading and this morning I saw some on this back and mouth, please what should I do? He cries when water or soap touches that place, is he reacting to something?

Help a worried mum, he is 2 weeks old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2022
kokaiye:
Hello, my 3 months old baby has white patches on the corner of both eyes. Pls is it normal, if not what can I use to clear it so i found ans to dis... It is called millia n it doesnt require any treatment dt it will go away on its own but if it doesn't go n it increase in size u shld c ur doctor... In gpogle dey said it can b fungi infectn too so usin coconut oil on d affected area can help clear it up

White patches can't be normal in my opinion, you may way to check with a pediatrician. Fungal cream for babies may be prescribed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 9:41pm On Nov 02, 2022
Ihavethingstodo:
Sabi Mamas, I noticed this red rashes that looks like wounds on my LO bumbum, my SIL said it is heat rashes, we have been using agnesia powder, but no results, the rashes is spreading and this morning I saw some on this back and mouth, please what should I do? He cries when water or soap touches that place, is he reacting to something?

1st you may want to stop that powder for your 2 weeks old. Have you tried baby tribotan? Also, If it's that discomforting, you may need to see a doctor to rile out all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 02, 2022
Hello mama,looks like what my baby had 3 weeks after birth too,i used baby tribotan and it cleared off but not immediately,it took like a week of everyday application before it worked for us,then I started applying a generous amount of shea butter on his bum after every nappy change
Ihavethingstodo:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ihavethingstodo: 6:11am On Nov 03, 2022
Minmin2323:
Hello mama,looks like what my baby had 3 weeks after birth too,i used baby tribotan and it cleared off but not immediately,it took like a week of everyday application before it worked for us,then I started applying a generous amount of shea butter on his bum after every nappy change

Thanks Mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ihavethingstodo: 6:12am On Nov 03, 2022
angeltolly:

1st you may want to stop that powder for your 2 weeks old. Have you tried baby tribotan? Also, If it's that discomforting, you may need to see a doctor to rile out all
o

Thanks Mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by he2nuh(f): 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2022
Good evening mummies
Please my baby has refused any kind of milk,ell so far that I have tried,she suddenly begins to red up and rashes all over the body...even of mixed with any cereal..she takes cereal well

Please what can I use as milk supplement aside breastmilk or protein substitute? baby is 5months plus
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omobithousand(f): 8:30am On Nov 04, 2022
Momma's please is it normal for a two weeks old to not poop for two days now... though she's been pooing everyday b4 now

(1) (2) (3) ... (2484) (2485) (2486) (2487) (2488) (2489) (2490) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.