Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4397118 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2486) (2487) (2488) (2489) (2490) (2491) (2492) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 9:14am On Nov 10, 2022
merieam16:
wats colic
stomach pain in babies. you can Google it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sugargirl547: 6:26am On Nov 12, 2022
Dear mamas I am trying to conceive. And took clomiphene last circle but it didn't work. My EWCM was no where to be found. Among these drugs pregnancare conception ovaboost and omega 369 which should help please cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Towerofgrace: 1:26pm On Nov 14, 2022
merieam16:
Good day mama's, please Wat do u use for baby' navel after the umbilical cord has falling off so it can dry fast

I used chlorhexidine gel for my son, and it works well i actually prefer it to spirit cos it seals the navel from external contamination and keeps it dry

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Towerofgrace: 1:32pm On Nov 14, 2022
jumyte29:
Momma in the house, pls my babe refuse to take any food after 6 months of EBF.... How do I make him take other things,... I tried giving him nutribom and even pap...

This was my son too, but he now takes his tombrown pap well, patience and consistency is key. I also tried that nutribom rice but that thing was too sweet that i stopped it for him.

Just keep giving him the pap and still continue breastmilk, he would take it eventually. Please whatever food you are introducing, don't give up make sure you give him everyday like 2ce a day, with time he would get use to the taste and enjoy taking it

all the best mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Towerofgrace: 1:36pm On Nov 14, 2022
UgoFly:
I need help ooo. 2 weeks old baby's umbilical cord has refused to fall and is even having little blood and yellow discharge. We have been cleaning with spirit more than ten times a day!! What do we do again??

Hello mama, hope there is improvement since your last comment, though at our post-natal classes they hammer it in our ers that it can sometimes take up to 28days for the cord to detach and heal, but there must be no discharge or foul smell whatsoever, so like the mama previously said take him to the hospital

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Towerofgrace: 1:38pm On Nov 14, 2022
Expectantmom:

You know what they say about babies changing? Welcome to another phase mama. You'll have to endure it and yes, your LO is perfectly fine(he'll change again).
You're even lucky, mine would sleep throughout afternoon and not even close eyes in the night till around 5 or 6am. As a ftm, I was so tired I think I fell into depression sef. My baby cried for as long as I don't carry him and in the night o.

I swear motherhood is no joke, pele sis

that's why i sometimes agree with when people say sleep when baby sleeps, so that ones mental health will be intact but it is not usually realistic cos it is when baby sleeps you will take care of yourself and the house small.

Pele sis, the Lord is your muscle

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2022
Good day all.
Please how do i clean white milk stand from my baby's tongue?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StarryV(f): 3:35pm On Nov 14, 2022
Please I want to ask a very simple and straight forward question.
When is the best time to introduce pap to a baby?

NB: We're almost three months old and we intend stoping EBF once we hit three months.

Please kindly advise us on the best time to start. We're ain't in a hurry at all. I wish I don't have to start. Lol grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2022
nahzyla:
Good day all.
leave it alone, it does not do any harm to d baby.. It wil clear on its own

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 4:34pm On Nov 14, 2022
StarryV:

NB: We're almost three months old and we intend stoping EBF once we hit three months.

Please kindly advise us on the best time to start. We're ain't in a hurry at all. I wish I don't have to start. Lol grin
6months

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2022
kokaiye:
leave it alone, it does not do any harm to d baby.. It wil clear on its own

Thanks ma, but it is now having black spots on it (sorry for graphic description) and she sticks her tongue out sometimes as of she is not comfortable with it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 9:39pm On Nov 14, 2022
please Mama's come to my aid. when should I start using soap on my baby after circumcision? he was circumcised on Saturday, whenever I want to change his diaper and see the site, my heart bleeds. I just cleaned his body and apply Vaseline on it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzwealthy: 3:43am On Nov 15, 2022
Good morning mama's. Please my baby is 13months old and I want to stop breastfeeding her . We' don't breast feed much but at night she wil wake up more Dan 3-5 times before day break to be sucking even while she is asleep. This is making myself and herself not to sleep well. So I want to stop breastfeeding her so we both can get adequate sleep. Pls wil need suggestion on how to go about it as this is my first baby .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcoatted(f): 4:59am On Nov 15, 2022
callola:
please Mama's come to my aid. when should I start using soap on my baby after circumcision? he was circumcised on Saturday, whenever I want to change his diaper and see the site, my heart bleeds. I just cleaned his body and apply Vaseline on it

I was asked to bath him normal after it. But to use cotton wool and plain warm water to dab around the area to remove any left over soap, same as after each nappy change to remove urine around the area. I applied penicillin afrerwards, though the hospital said i shouldn't apply anything
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 8:40am On Nov 15, 2022
sugarcoatted:

I was asked to bath him normal after it. But to use cotton wool and plain warm water to dab around the area to remove any left over soap, same as after each nappy change to remove urine around the area. I applied penicillin afrerwards, though the hospital said i shouldn't apply anything
hmm, thanks. I was told not to apply penicillin but blue seal Vaseline so that it won't glue to his diaper
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcoatted(f): 1:33pm On Nov 15, 2022
callola:
hmm, thanks. I was told not to apply penicillin but blue seal Vaseline so that it won't glue to his diaper

I dont know about the gluing sha as it didn't happen for us. I know some people use both though. The penicillin is to avoid infection

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 1:53pm On Nov 15, 2022
nahzyla:

Thanks ma, but it is now having black spots on it (sorry for graphic description) and she sticks her tongue out sometimes as of she is not comfortable with it.
u shld tk her go c ur doctor... Pls dont scrub her tongue ooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 1:56pm On Nov 15, 2022
callola:
u will bath him normally... To takia of circumcision... Put plenty vaseline n wear baby 3 diapers to avoid touching d place... How many days has it been? Mind u... Chang diapers frequently.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Towerofgrace: 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2022
nahzyla:
Good day all.

At our 6 weeks appointment pediatrician recommended using cotton wool and water wrapped around a finger to wipe baby's tongue and to exercise caution so you don't leave lint in baby's mouth

At the sight of a tooth we switched to the silicone mouth cleaner still with water only
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Towerofgrace: 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2022
StarryV:

From 6 months, pls don't stop EBF at 3 months if you can, but no pressure at all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Towerofgrace: 2:33pm On Nov 15, 2022
callola:

Please use soap as usual, vaseline is okay and you can also use penicillin it helps to heal faster, we were advised to wrap the pen nis with penicillin and cotton wool at every diaper change, pele mama this phase will soon pass

I remember my son's circumcision, the ring didn't fall off and I had to take him to the matron at the hospital to take it out cry cry cry Haa my son cried no be small but we thank God that's in the past now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StarryV(f): 2:40pm On Nov 15, 2022
Towerofgrace:

From 6 months, pls don't stop EBF at 3 months if you can, but no pressure at all
my dear I wish I can continue but I'm done with my maternity leave and will be enrolling him in a creche as my company don't allow carrying babies to work.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by impeccablerose: 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2022
nahzyla:
Good day all.
There are wipes to clean baby's gum in the market. You can use that. Wrap around your finger to clean the tongue.
That's what I use for my baby when his Paediatrician said it can build up to cause a fungal infection.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyNeto(f): 8:30pm On Nov 15, 2022
Sugargirl547:
Dear mamas I am trying to conceive. And took clomiphene last circle but it didn't work. My EWCM was no where to be found. Among these drugs pregnancare conception ovaboost and omega 369 which should help please cry
dear mama, one of the side effects of clomiphene is that it dries up the cervical mucus. Have you done any test to know exactly what you are treating. Tests like hormonal profile, hsg and pelvic scan are basic ones you have to do if you have been trying to conceive for a while. Also there is a TTC thread you should join to learn more, some of us were once there before God answered us and I believe you will soon testify.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Expectantmom: 10:26pm On Nov 15, 2022
Towerofgrace:

I swear motherhood is no joke, pele sis

that's why i sometimes agree with when people say sleep when baby sleeps, so that ones mental health will be intact but it is not usually realistic cos it is when baby sleeps you will take care of yourself and the house small.

Pele sis, the Lord is your muscle
Yay!!! My big sis is back with a bang. Welcome ma.

Amen to your prayer. O easy baje make I no talk another thing but in all, I we are thankful for this precious gift and Wonderful opportunity.

How's my bobo? I trust he's doing great.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trippleblessing(f): 3:01pm On Nov 16, 2022
For mamas in Lagos state looking for rota vaccine for their kids, there is a campaign coming up between 25-30th of this month for Rota vaccine.

It's free as well.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by merieam16(f): 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2022
StarryV:

3months.i intend introducing pap to my baby at 3month too especially the brown one but that doesn't stop breastfeeding

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by merieam16(f): 3:32pm On Nov 16, 2022
callola:
lolzz...thats quite funny.circumcision doesn't mean no bathing, u just av to be careful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 9:03pm On Nov 16, 2022
merieam16:
lolzz...thats quite funny.circumcision doesn't mean no bathing, u just av to be careful
lol, we bath but not with soap. it's day 4 now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UgoFly: 9:32pm On Nov 16, 2022
Towerofgrace:

Hello mama, hope there is improvement since your last comment, though at our post-natal classes they hammer it in our ers that it can sometimes take up to 28days for the cord to detach and heal, but there must be no discharge or foul smell whatsoever, so like the mama previously said take him to the hospital

Thanks. Went to the hospital and they advised intense cleaning with spirit. It has still not fallen tho
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 16, 2022
Hello mamas, after I have my baby via CS,I haven't gone back to the hospital for my own appointment,which was suppose to be @ 4 and 6 weeks respectively,I don't even know if I have to keep going,I wasn't around to visit the hospital where I had my baby because we were at mum in-laws place,I have been back home since baby clocked 1 month and 1 week,now he is 2 months already,do I still need to go back to the hospital for them to schedule me for check up,thou I was at the hospital today but it was for my baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 5:28am On Nov 17, 2022
Minmin2323:
Hello mamas, after I have my baby via CS,I haven't gone back to the hospital for my own appointment,which was suppose to be @ 4 and 6 weeks respectively,I don't even know if I have to keep going,I wasn't around to visit the hospital where I had my baby because we were at mum in-laws place,I have been back home since baby clocked 1 month and 1 week,now he is 2 months already,do I still need to go back to the hospital for them to schedule me for check up,thou I was at the hospital today but it was for my baby
since u hv no health issues there is no need of you going but baby hv to attend his/her appointments wen given

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2486) (2487) (2488) (2489) (2490) (2491) (2492) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.