Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4430896 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2483) (2484) (2485) (2486) (2487) (2488) (2489) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 11:08am On Oct 27, 2022
Jummyslim:
Good morning

This is my 1st time here. Please I need a favour from you.
My baby have some rashes on his face just like pimples but it's small and this use to come and go and it's always itching him that disturb him to sleep.
I've used Agnesia powder and some drug prescribed by doctor but this rashes goes and come back.

And also, he's a very fair boy and on his body he have black and fair colour majorly on his back . He's 3months plus and he's using Sebamade baby lotion and soap .

There is what they call (Alefo) it appears on his foot and since this thing heal, it has created a black spot on his foot.

Please I need a lastly solution to all these. I want his body to smooth and fresh back.
smx its not bsby product dt causes baby skin rashes... It mayb dt ur baby hsve milk allergy i. e ur baby is reacting to protein in ur breastmilk and protein in formula too... If u r exclusive breastfeeding eliminate milk from ur diet totally n if baby is takin formula, stop giving him n get LGG formula (hypoallergenic formula) his skin will improve with time if u do dis... The allergic c reactn take place wen body can digest d protein in diary properly hence d rashes.... My boy too is allergic it took me 4months to realise it hence d rashes dt appear on his face n constant nappy rashes... I tot it was d product i use om his skin was d culprit until i chng frm ebf to formula n d rashes was pumpin out everywhere on his body, went 2 c doc immediately d nxt day n he was diagnose n was on LGG Formula since den n all d rashes clear out n we nva hv d episode anym.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jummyslim(f): 11:21am On Oct 27, 2022
Good morning

My baby have some rashes on his face just like pimples but it's small and this use to come and go and it's always itching him that disturb him to sleep.
I've used Agnesia powder and some drug prescribed by doctor but this rashes goes and come back.

And also, he's a very fair boy and on his body he have black and fair colour majorly on his back . He's 3months plus and he's using Sebamade baby lotion and soap .

There is what they call (Alefo) it appears on his foot and since this thing heal, it has created a black spot on his foot.

Please I need a lasting solution to all these. I want his body to smooth and fresh back.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jummyslim(f): 11:33am On Oct 27, 2022
kokaiye:
smx its not bsby product dt causes baby skin rashes... It mayb dt ur baby hsve milk allergy i. e ur baby is reacting to protein in ur breastmilk and protein in formula too... If u r exclusive breastfeeding eliminate milk from ur diet totally n if baby is takin formula, stop giving him n get LGG formula (hypoallergenic formula) his skin will improve with time if u do dis... The allergic c reactn take place wen body can digest d protein in diary properly hence d rashes.... My boy too is allergic it took me 4months to realise it hence d rashes dt appear on his face n constant nappy rashes... I tot it was d product i use om his skin was d culprit until i chng frm ebf to formula n d rashes was pumpin out everywhere on his body, went 2 c doc immediately d nxt day n he was diagnose n was on LGG Formula since den n all d rashes clear out n we nva hv d episode anym.

I'm on exclusive and It's been a while I drink milk.
He doesn't have rashes on his bumbum, it's only appears on his face. The1 at his back is black patches so his complexion is not blend together.

What can make a 3months+ baby Tommy make noise once in a while?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 12:12pm On Oct 27, 2022
Jummyslim:

He doesn't have rashes on his bumbum, it's only appears on his face. The1 at his back is black patches so his complexion is not blend together.

Its very likely the black patches in his skin is eela.. If you don't mind, you can put a pic of his back to see..
You should also reduce eating sugary things. Since I came to the north, I've heard jedi jedi causes rashes on babies.. It could also be the culprit for the rumbling tommy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jummyslim(f): 1:07pm On Oct 27, 2022
Omakraid:

Its very likely the black patches in his skin is eela.. If you don't mind, you can put a pic of his back to see..
You should also reduce eating sugary things. Since I came to the north, I've heard jedi jedi causes rashes on babies.. It could also be the culprit for the rumbling tommy

Okay. Here is the pictures of his back,face and leg

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 1:26pm On Oct 27, 2022
Jummyslim:

Mama please take him to a paediatrician preferably in a general hospital who will also recommend a dermatologist.. Very important please and do it ASAP.

He's likely reacting to something in your diet too..
Also use net to prevent mosquito bites, cut your sugar intake as his back does look like its eela.. Generally, seeing a dermatologist would do
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jummyslim(f): 1:47pm On Oct 27, 2022
Omakraid:

Mama please take him to a paediatrician preferably in a general hospital who will also recommend a dermatologist.. Very important please and do it ASAP.

Also use net to prevent mosquito bites, cut your sugar intake as his back does look like its eela.. Generally, seeing a dermatologist would do

Thank you. I've been in hospital now twice and the drugs and cream I was told to use for him I don't see any changes that's why I very worried and I'm even going to hospital again tomorrow. It's general hospital that I'm using

His bed has a net to prevent mosquito.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 1:54pm On Oct 27, 2022
Jummyslim:

oh i c... Its either d product u using or heat... About tommy mkin noise, its normal... Infact tommy mk noise wen food is digesting
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 1:56pm On Oct 27, 2022
Jummyslim:

oh wow!!! Dis is definitely chronic rashes... Go c a doctor pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 1:57pm On Oct 27, 2022
Omakraid:

exactly
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2022
Jummyslim:

Thank you. I've been in hospital now twice and the drugs and cream I was told to use for him I don't see any changes that's why I very worried and I'm even going to hospital again tomorrow. It's general hospital that I'm using

His bed has a net to prevent mosquito.

Probably you've been seeing a regular doctor, when you get there, tell them you want to see a dermatologist and if not available see a paediatrician. All the best a you go tomorrow
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jummyslim(f): 2:14pm On Oct 27, 2022
Omakraid:

Probably you've been seeing a regular doctor, when you get there, tell them you want to see a dermatologist and if not available see a paediatrician. All the best a you go tomorrow

Not a regular doctor, I've been seeing a Paediatrician
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 4:16pm On Oct 27, 2022
Jummyslim:

Not a regular doctor, I've been seeing a Paediatrician
Haha and you weren't told to avoid some things in your diet or even direct you to a dermatologist... Ask to see a dermatologist tomorrow, the human skin is their go-area and please update us tomorrow after you see one.. You may want to go with all you apply on him so they can have a look. Your baby's skin might be sensitive... I really feel your stress ma cos its not easy being a mum let alone seeing all this on baby won't give one rest
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jummyslim(f): 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2022
Omakraid:

Haha and you weren't told to avoid some things in your diet or even direct you to a dermatologist... Ask to see a dermatologist tomorrow, the human skin is their go-area and please update us tomorrow after you see one.. You may want to go with all you apply on him so they can have a look. Your baby's skin might be sensitive... I really feel your stress ma cos its not easy being a mum let alone seeing all this on baby won't give one rest

I wasn't told anything about my diet.
I will update you tomorrow after my visit

Thanks for your concern
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omobithousand(f): 1:39am On Oct 28, 2022
Hello momma's please when can i introduce formula to my one week old baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joliefille(f): 3:48am On Oct 28, 2022
Jummyslim:
Good morning

Please I need a lasting solution to all these. I want his body to smooth and fresh back.

Limit the people carrying the baby and make sure the people carrying baby wash their hands frequently.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olaitoro(m): 4:44am On Oct 28, 2022
merieam16:
Good day mama's, please Wat do u use for baby' navel after the umbilical cord has falling off so it can dry fast

Vaseline
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 8:12am On Oct 28, 2022
Jummyslim:

I wasn't told anything about my diet.
I will update you tomorrow after my visit

Thanks for your concern
i remember something, if u r adding dettol, salvon or any disinfectant like d mentions on ur baby water or clothes abeg stop it with immediate effect... Dt too can lead to ur baby's skin getting inflammed... Like full on inflammation!!!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 8:15am On Oct 28, 2022
olaitoro:

Vaseline
vaseline ke..? Vaseline will mk d place moisture n not dry cs it is greasy... Methylated spirit is ok.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lovelygbems: 8:46am On Oct 28, 2022
For quality and affordable orthopedic surgery in Lagos.....

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jummyslim(f): 2:10pm On Oct 28, 2022
kokaiye:
i remember something, if u r adding dettol, salvon or any disinfectant like d mentions on ur baby water or clothes abeg stop it with immediate effect... Dt too can lead to ur baby's skin getting inflammed... Like full on inflammation!!!

I wasn't using it before until I visit the hospital and the 1st Paediatrician told me to get salvon for him but I've stopped it since it has finished.

I visit the hospital today I was told to repeat the drug for and cream for him and also wrote another antibiotics for me to replace the 1st one.

Seriously I'm not happy seeing all these on my baby's body and it wasn't there before �
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 2:28pm On Oct 28, 2022
Here again mamas grin grin grin grin grin
This boy is always looking for what to chook in his mouth to scratch his gum.. how can I help him cos d thing is worrying him gan
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 3:05pm On Oct 28, 2022
Layormiii:
Here again mamas grin grin grin grin grin
This boy is always looking for what to chook in his mouth to scratch his gum.. how can I help him cos d thing is worrying him gan
Get him teether.. It helps

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 3:06pm On Oct 28, 2022
Jummyslim:

I wasn't using it before until I visit the hospital and the 1st Paediatrician told me to get salvon for him but I've stopped it since it has finished.

I visit the hospital today I was told to repeat the drug for and cream for him and also wrote another antibiotics for me to replace the 1st one.

Seriously I'm not happy seeing all these on my baby's body and it wasn't there before �
Toor, do as you have been told, let's see na.. What cream was recommended? Ensure you get it at a reputable pharmacy if you didn't get it at the hospital
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 4:09pm On Oct 28, 2022
Jummyslim:

omo!!! U gaz go to anoda hospital abeg... U aint suppose to use salvon on baby skin in d first place n moreova antibiotics mk ela worst cs ela is fungi infection n not bacteria infection... If u use antibiotics on fungi infectn it mks d fungi spread more... I tink dtz y d rashes r gettin worst.... Fungi infectn can b treated wit steroid cream but it should only b use for just few days cs steroid isnt gud 4 babies, if u can get epiderm cream or hydrocortisone cream or terbinafine, u can use it on ur baby but its meant to b use for few days ooo abeg cs steroid isnt gud 4 little ones abeg... Antibiotic mk rashes worst... Stop d antibiotics.... N who prescribed continious antibiotic 4 baby 4 crying out loud? Dey want to kill all d gud microbes in d baby gut dt suppose to help him ni abi wat? Antibiotics suppose to b use for 7days n if d tin no work dey prescribe anoda... Wo!!! Go to anoda hospital abegiii... Its like all d good doctors don japa finish.. angry angry

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phlakkeys(f): 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2022
Jummyslim:

Maybe you should stop using soap and cream on the baby no matter how good the soap of cream is for like a week or more and you can later start using ordinary Ori (Shea butter that is not missed with anything at all).
Also, stop any nut food eg groundnut in you and baby's diet and reduce oily food as much as possible till your baby will pass this stage. My 1year plus baby reacts to bread and it took time before I knew and that's one of the food he likes best.
Try and watch what you eat, it is very important.
Clean his mosquito net, constant changing of bed spread and dust everywhere. Change the soap you use in washing baby's clothes.
It was so bad that I had to stop all medicine and cream and started washing my first baby with red acalypha leaves, etc before my girl skin got liberated from different types of skin issues. It was even when I got tired and stopped everything suggested that I noticed the change.
Your baby is allergic to something. Just do your best.
I pray baby gets over it soon.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2022
phlakkeys:

Maybe you should stop using soap and cream on the baby no matter how good the soap of cream is for like a week or more and you can later start using ordinary Ori (Shea butter that is not missed with anything at all).
Also, stop any nut food eg groundnut in you and baby's diet and reduce oily food as much as possible till your baby will pass this stage. My 1year plus baby reacts to bread and it took time before I knew and that's one of the food he likes best.
Clean his mosquito net, constant changing of bed spread and dust everywhere. Change the soap you use in washing baby's clothes.
It was so bad that I had to stop all medicine and cream and started washing my first baby with red acalypha leaves, etc before my girl skin got liberated from different types of skin issues. It was even when I got tired and stopped everything suggested that I noticed the change.
wo!!! U hit d nail on d head ma... Anoda gud points!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AfolAde: 10:40pm On Oct 28, 2022
kokaiye:
by keep offerong the cereal... Even thou he take one spoon... Just offering till e gt use to d taste

Thank you...doing just that

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jummyslim(f): 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2022
kokaiye:
omo!!! U gaz go to anoda hospital abeg... U aint suppose to use salvon on baby skin in d first place n moreova antibiotics mk ela worst cs ela is fungi infection n not bacteria infection... If u use antibiotics on fungi infectn it mks d fungi spread more... I tink dtz y d rashes r gettin worst.... Fungi infectn can b treated wit steroid cream but it should only b use for just few days cs steroid isnt gud 4 babies, if u can get epiderm cream or hydrocortisone cream or terbinafine, u can use it on ur baby but its meant to b use for few days ooo abeg cs steroid isnt gud 4 little ones abeg... Antibiotic mk rashes worst... Stop d antibiotics.... N who prescribed continious antibiotic 4 baby 4 crying out loud? Dey want to kill all d gud microbes in d baby gut dt suppose to help him ni abi wat? Antibiotics suppose to b use for 7days n if d tin no work dey prescribe anoda... Wo!!! Go to anoda hospital abegiii... Its like all d good doctors don japa finish.. angry angry

I tire ooo. I'm really scared of all these antibiotics of things for baby.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jummyslim(f): 12:53pm On Oct 29, 2022
phlakkeys:

Thank you very much, I will watch very close and stop all what you advice on
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phlakkeys(f): 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2022
kokaiye:
wo!!! U hit d nail on d head ma... Anoda gud points!!!
Thanks for always responding to issues here.
I only read and pass most times, but seeing the baby's picture forced me to come out.
I pray baby get healed soonest.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by exclusiveoloori: 3:10pm On Oct 29, 2022
Trippleblessing:

You see this thing that you said ehn, people have almost finished me, saying all sort. I do not produce enough milk for my baby during his early days because of the antibiotics I was given, I even had to take the antibiotics again wheny CS site broke down. Should I starve the boy because of exclusive. They made me féel I am not woman enough or a worthy mother, las las I sat myself down and told myself I am doing well.

Mine is even worse that I started feeling I was doing bad as a mother and kept pitying my boy. Sometimes I feel sad that I can't even eat, drink or sleep. My husband bought enough formula to feed him with yet you'll hear people (including my mum) say things like, "take this thing away from here". I began to feel like I'm causing harm to my baby with the formula I'm feeding him. So I will just make little for him and he just keeps crying and wasn't gaining much weight. Chai!

(1) (2) (3) ... (2483) (2484) (2485) (2486) (2487) (2488) (2489) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.