Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4397272 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2490) (2491) (2492) (2493) (2494) (2495) (2496) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 7:03am On Dec 14, 2022
angeltolly:

You may need to visit the hospital to decide. They will check your history and probably test you. I heard implant is best depending on the number of years you want. However you know what they say..... One man's food is another man's poison
Thanks sis, But am already having a change of mind about the whole FP thing jare, I don't want something to mess up my system all over again...Make I just jejely stay put for my lane before I go go do pass myself
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FatimaAbbas(f): 7:37am On Dec 16, 2022
[ author=ciscamustexcel post=58500491]sweetie don't be hard on yourself. Falling Is part of the growing business. Infact it makes them stronger. Just try and put them on a safe place. Like putting pillows on the floor when leaving her on the chair so she can have a safe landing.

As for doing house chores my mother advised me to do my best and leave the rest. When I am tempted to finish everything in a day I just dress the kids and take them for window shopping to keep me away. B4 I breakdown cos my hubby nor dey lift a pin.

For low income until u get something better cut down cost. My ds is having more frequent bowel movements recently they said its teething stool Si I bought washable diapers and also went to read through the creative forum in niaraland so I was able to construct a portable one for him so as he poos I wash immediately.my only use disposable diapers at night, when we are going out and sometimes in The morning cos he sleeps longer in the morning. My job has a policy of paying half salary during maternity leave so I have to be asking for money for everything something I am not used to so I dey sound like a cracked record to am and it's not funny at all.
I had to make my own soy milk and soy beans powder to use alternatively cos I dey breastfeed I need am and my growing daughter needs it too.
I make my own pap cos its neater,fresher and cheaper.
I stopped buying insecticides I make sure doors are closed during the day and use mosquito net.

I stopped buying things that have made name like us huggies and use my calculator very well like Nigeria pampers is 45naira for one while molfix is 38naira for one (though depend on the size) and its still ok.

When diapers is messed up 2-3 hrs to bath time I use my washable diapers rather than use another diaper.

After evening bath at 6-7 I use washable diapers till when I know 1diaper can take us till morning. I keep is butt very clean and we haven't had diaper rash for once. The list is endless. Infact I am so proud of myself instead of breaking down to cry.

As for waight my sister I advise you do the very little u can to loose it and don't push it too far when the kids are off ur hands you can begin to try something harder. If my hubby say see ur tommy as eh big I tell him I used it to deliver beautiful kids that are answering his name and ask him what he did with his own that is bigger than mine.
And also not that stress makes it almost impossible to loose weight so do your exercise when kids don grow enough to go school and u
Have stopped breastfeeding ur body and baby needs all the nutrients now to keep u strong at old Age

My sister people will talk but do what is safe for you and ur baby right now cos u both are the most important. God bless u and all mother as we sail the Aluta jet.
If you have any handwork put it to practice and earn some more money. [/quote]

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FatimaAbbas(f): 7:38am On Dec 16, 2022
[ author=hannydarl post=11195876]My dear my daughter used to sleep 3hrs and wake uP for food till she was 9 months. she is 11 mOnths old now
MAy God continue to give us strength to take care of them. If I had 6hrs sleep with my DD I would dance calabar Awilo.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FatimaAbbas(f): 7:39am On Dec 16, 2022
[ author=hannydarl post=11195876]My dear my daughter used to sleep 3hrs and wake uP for food till she was 9 months. she is 11 mOnths old now
MAy God continue to give us strength to take care of them. If I had 6hrs sleep with my DD I would dance calabarv Awilo.[/quote]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rYXvdgWQyU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FatimaAbbas(f): 7:40am On Dec 16, 2022

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mikeshine(m): 7:53pm On Dec 18, 2022
My baby is having blood in his stool. He's 7 weeks old and the blood in his stool dissappear and appear back in fews days like 2 days. Please what can I do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hamzashaf99(f): 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2022
Mikeshine:
My baby is having blood in his stool. He's 7 weeks old and the blood in his stool dissappear and appear back in fews days like 2 days. Please what can I do?
Go to the hospital please.
He's young enough that it should be a cause to worry.

Before that, how is his stool? Is it hard or soft (for a baby?)

Is he EBF or on formula?

Any symptoms that accompany the blood in the stool, like fever, abdominal pain or crying?

Is the blood much or just small (for his age)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mikeshine(m): 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2022
He's stool is soft.

He's on both EBF and formula.

No symptoms of such.

The blood is a streaks with mucus which appears in the morning and for like 2 days we won't see it again.

Hamzashaf99:

Go to the hospital please.
He's young enough that it should be a cause to worry.

Before that, how is his stool? Is it hard or soft (for a baby?)

Is he EBF or on formula?

Any symptoms that accompany the blood in the stool, like fever, abdominal pain or crying?

Is the blood much or just small (for his age)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hamzashaf99(f): 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2022
Mikeshine:
He's stool is soft.

He's on both EBF and formula.

No symptoms of such.

The blood is a streaks with mucus which appears in the morning and for like 2 days we won't see it again.

It's likely not constipation then if the stool isn't hard. Just take him to hospital so they can rule out any infection or other causes.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mamabella: 2:43am On Dec 19, 2022
Good morning mama's. please I need suggestion on how to wean my baby . She is 14months old . And she can only sleep both nap time and night sleep when I breast feed her. But I need to stop cos am attending interview which am hoping to be told to start in jan and also she can sleep dependably without relaying on sucking breast all the time . Please I will need effect suggestion and advice . Thanks. Do ve a blessed week
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mizjemie25: 7:31am On Dec 20, 2022
Good day mamas, please I need ideas and suggestions to try out on my kids. I’ve been trying to wean them since 6months but it has not been easy.. my babies are 12mnths + now.. they don’t like anything puree, pap and even Tom brown cry.. I have been trying to give them what I eat.. they just take bits of it here and there and that’s it.. the only thing they take well is cereals.. how do I make them eat adult food properly… I want to reduce cereals to mornings and night only.. things are expensive grin grin

2 . I’ve been trying to potty train but my oga and madam prefer using the potty as toy car… I don’t know what else to do again.. I need suggestions please

My daughter don’t like taking water and it’s always causing her constipation.. even stool softener doesn’t work for her because I’ve been to the hospital several times.. they refuse taking fruits too.. how do I make her like water .. this one is really giving me headache because when she wants to poo here .. she be like a woman in labor and I feel like crying on behalf of her

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AUNTYLLAI: 10:00am On Dec 20, 2022
Good day mummy's in the house, please I have a question,I gave birth 9days ago, when I gave birth I noticed the baby's eyes having some red blood in both of the eyes,I wanted to take him back to the hospital but everyone was telling me it will disappear with time, quite sure it has started reducing but it is still have some,any mamas that have advice or any contribution should help please, thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 10:39am On Dec 20, 2022
AUNTYLLAI:
Good day mummy's in the house, please I have a question,I gave birth 9days ago, when I gave birth I noticed the baby's eyes having some red blood in both of the eyes,I wanted to take him back to the hospital but everyone was telling me it will disappear with time, quite sure it has started reducing but it is still have some,any mamas that have advice or any contribution should help please, thanks
it will eventually disappear. My baby had it but it has cleared off now. You can visit the hospital to clear your doubt sha.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suzzyrims: 7:21pm On Dec 22, 2022
Good evening mamas,

My baby will be four months next week. Can I start bonding her hair with ribbons
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 22, 2022
FatimaAbbas:
MAy God continue to give us strength to take care of them. If I had 6hrs sleep with my DD I would dance calabarv Awilo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rYXvdgWQyU

My triplets are now nearly 4months but just take me for cruise and wake up one after the other so it’s continuous assembly chain of cuddling,feeding and nappy change.

The middle one is forever in play mood and does not get the concept of day/night.

All i want for Christmas is that 6hrs sleep.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 22, 2022
MorningStar233:

Go to the hospital, they should have it where kids take their periodic vaccines, you pay and get it
Limi children hospital Wuse 2
General hospital Garki
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 22, 2022
jumyte29:
Good morning mamas.... Pls my 7 months old baby has been having serious catarrh and he can't get the mucus out of his nose and he is also having temperature because of it... Pls how can I get him to blow his nose for relief because it breaks my heart seeing him struggle with catarrh
Use saline nasal spray/drops,two puffs up each nostril works wonders.At morning and night time apply baby balm like Vicks vapour/nycil on his back and chest to keep him comfortable.
Mentioning he has a temperature you best taking him into hospital as it might be masking another condition.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 22, 2022
exclusiveoloori:
Hi mamas. From what age should a baby start using a baby walker? he's 4 months old. MIL said he should be sitting already but he isn't so she said I should get a baby walker hope it isn't too early?
Baby walker has its safety issues and children develop within a range.At 4 months you expect your baby to hold their head up not to sit.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 7:48am On Dec 23, 2022
suzzyrims:
Good evening mamas,

My baby will be four months next week. Can I start bonding her hair with ribbons
Yes but make sure her hair is soft and don't make it too tight.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by merieam16(f): 1:26am On Dec 27, 2022
Compliment of the season everyone. My three month old baby has constipation please how can i solve it. He has not poo for two days now. It started last week so i had to start giving him water which helped but now the water is not making him poo too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by IamGreen1(f): 4:12pm On Dec 27, 2022
merieam16:
Compliment of the season everyone. My three month old baby has constipation please how can i solve it. He has not poo for two days now. It started last week so i had to start giving him water which helped but now the water is not making him poo too

Mama it's normal especially for babies that are exclusively breastfeeding. You don't need to worry.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 5:48am On Dec 28, 2022
compliments of the season, please Mama's my baby immunization site is slightly swells and hard and it's almost two weeks. I went to the clinic yesterday to complain and the nurse on duty was not friendly and told me to apply cold towel on it and come back on Friday. we are two months and the weather is very cold and my baby still have cough and catarrh. should I still apply the wet towel or wait till Friday?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by merieam16(f): 11:57am On Dec 28, 2022
IamGreen1:

Mama it's normal especially for babies that are exclusively breastfeeding. You don't need to worry.
thankz
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by merieam16(f): 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
callola:
compliments of the season, please Mama's my baby immunization site is slightly swells and hard and it's almost two weeks. I went to the clinic yesterday to complain and the nurse on duty was not friendly and told me to apply cold towel on it and come back on Friday. we are two months and the weather is very cold and my baby still have cough and catarrh. should I still apply the wet towel or wait till Friday?
please apply or put the leg under a running tap
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FatimaAbbas(f): 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
Being a new mom can be so stressful sometimes, from not being able to sleep properly to feeling pains all over your body to the anxieties of not knowing what to expect from baby any minute, it's a rollercoaster feelings.

During PREGNANCY most women went off intimacy with their partners due to the fear that they may harm their babies, but the truth is, except you were advised by healthcare provider not to, please enjoy your sex during pregnancy o
See the few styles that may be comfortable for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV35lYB2lPk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2022
merieam16:
please apply or put the leg under a running tap
thanks, but the weather is not friendly here oooooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by litubow: 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2022
Experience mum
Please my baby circumcision ring refuse to remove since two weeks now and have been applying enough oil.
Pls what else can I do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by motcom(f): 3:38pm On Dec 29, 2022
house pls kindly help a sister out gave birth 2years a go conception has not been funny for a whole year pls advice thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mzMerci(f): 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2022
take him back to the hospital.. u should hv done that since the 7th day maximum.

litubow:
Experience mum
Please my baby circumcision ring refuse to remove since two weeks now and have been applying enough oil.
Pls what else can I do?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hoelujohn: 8:13am On Dec 31, 2022
merieam16:
Take orange every day. Our baby had same issues but his own is for like 8 days without pooing. Two days is normal
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by merieam16(f): 12:59pm On Dec 31, 2022
Hoelujohn:

Take orange every day. Our baby had same issues but his own is for like 8 days without pooing. Two days is normal
thankz
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ruqoyahadenike(f): 6:55pm On Jan 01, 2023
Hi my experienced mommas in the house! My post is a bit long and full of rantings so please bear with this concerned first-time mum.

I had my twin boys last month, the 26th of November.

The first twin is fine while the sclera of the second twin appeared darker (not very white) but I wasn't very concerned since hubby's sclera too was not too white. Also, he shakes his hands very often and the matron in charged claimed he's doing that due to hunger and he'll be fine once he fed enough. He has stopped the shaking now though.

The third day I was to be discharged from the hospital, my second twin pee on the white hospital bedspread after taking his morning bath and I noticed his urine was somehow colored. Innocently, I thought nothing of it. I didn't even notice which of the twin had the coloured urine then. One of the matrons saw it too and she mentioned nothing. Afterwards I was discharged from the hospital.

On their fourth day, my sis-in-law carried him, that is, the second twin, and claimed that his eye discharge is making her suspect jaundice and asked if they were tested for it at the hospital to which I replied no. To cut the long story short, she got me 2 bottles of Ampiclox for babies and asked me to use for both babies since they share a placenta blah blah which I did for 3 days and half before it finished and I thought the danger was over.

Their naming was on Saturday and then on Monday, I noticed that the sclera of the second twin had turned light yellow. I had my check up that Monday and took him along to be checked by my doctor. He said he's fine and I should breastfeed him well. He wasn't latching on to my breast then, but do take NAN 1 from his feeding bottle and breast milk also if I extracted for him though I couldn't express much milk then because I wasn't lactating well.

Three days later, on Thursday, I took them for Circumcision and still had to show him to my doctor again as I wasn't comfortable with his condition.

He checked him and referred him to another hospital as the hospital I used is just a maternity hospital and they don't know much about babies.

I got to the hospital, a state hospital and after series of question to which I answered in the affirmative, the pediatrician put a call through to the NICU and claimed there's only a single bed space and both twin needed to be admittted. She then referred me to another hospital which I refused to go because I was scared. Her examination of my baby was so thorough and frightful and I didn't want to stay at the hospital because of my experience at the state maternity hospital where I birth them. I couldn't imagine having my children admitted in another.

Eventually, my sister in law's mother in law took me to elewe-omo(herbs seller for children) where I wás prescribed several herbs, for jaundice, colic, malaria etc. After bathing them in herbs three times daily for six days and placing them in morning sunlight and even giving drops of unripe pawpaw water for six days, the second twin eyes was still very yellow and his urine too.

Same sis in law suggested we go for serum bilirubin test. She isn't a medical personnel but she asked around and based on her experience of her jaundiced child, she guided us on which diagnostic centre to go for the test. The result revealed for the first twin that the the total bilirubin is 0.54mg/dl while for direct is 0.3mg/dl and for the second twin, the total was 2.2mg/dl while direct was 2.1mg/dl.

I and hubby eventually had to brace up and take them down to the hospital and this time, a very good private hospital. The cost was quite high so I decided to get only the second twin admitted after having the doctor check the first twin and he confirmed that he's very fine.

The bilirubin test was repeated and the result showed a very high level of bilirubin, contrasting with the test done earlier at the lab. He was blindfolded and placed under the phototherapy light in the nursery as it was night time already before we got to the hospital.

The following day, the pediatrician in charge of treating him expressed his confusion because aside his yellow eyes and urine, no other symptoms accompanied his jaundice. He's perfectly fine. After two days of placing him under the lamp, his blindfold was removed and we had to go for other tests, abdominal scan and blood culture.

He was later placed on antibiotics for 8days as they suspected and confirmed that it was infection.

On the 11th day, he was discharged with his eyes and urine still very yellow and we were told to come for a follow up test and check up on the 3rd of January...

He's now a month and six days old with his eyes and urine not showing any sign of getting lighter. That's on one hand.

On the other hand, both twin had developed catarrh and cough probably due to the weather and the their symptoms is not showing any signs of abating. I've tried the saline water drop thing I found on the Internet and I tried mopping their nose, head, chest etc with warm water but it's not getting better and they find it very difficult to sleep at night unless I and hubby held them. I couldn't use metholatum for them as the hospital advised against using metholatum on jaundiced babies and I couldn't use it for the first twin too with the fear that the second might inhale it.

Challenge number 3 is that both twin seem disturbed while breast feeding. They appear uncomfortable, groaning and stretching during the feeding with their stomach rumbling. I've tried to watch what I eat, take enough fluids, and fruits but they still get disturbed and groan and stretch too often while feeding and in their sleep.

It feel like everything keeps piling up without me successfully resolving one. I don tire

Any help on how to solve challenge 1, 2 & 3 please.

Sorry again for the loooong post

(1) (2) (3) ... (2490) (2491) (2492) (2493) (2494) (2495) (2496) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.