Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,293 members, 7,818,991 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4406580 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2492) (2493) (2494) (2495) (2496) (2497) (2498) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MorningStar233: 2:37pm On Jan 12, 2023
Omakraid:

Hello teamie, have you taken more of he's interested in what you eat? Keep on giving him the pap, he'll gradually take it.

He's so unpredictable, today he will eat rice so we'll, tomorrow he won't even look at it, I'll keep trying.thanks so much teamie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 12, 2023
litubow:

With my baby experience with jaundice (total 9.9 and direct 0.5). Midwife told me to get unripe pawpaw, remove only the seed, wash and blend with little water. Squeeze out d water, give ur baby 0.3 ml before breastfeeding and you also drink large quantity. Breastfeed ur baby every two hours and also use direct sunlight by 7am.
For stretching, it’s caused by colic and d pediatrician I saw last week said no drug for it but u can get infacol or gripe water for relief.
For cough and catarrh, get vitamin C, Neofylin and Erythromycin to treat well incase is caused by infection . Pls ask “how to use “from d pharmacist
May God protect our children for us, we will never mourn over them.
Please do not give your child erythromycin without the Doctor’s order.Granted it treats a wide variety of infection but child might have something different.What a pharmacist says is not enough being they don’t know history neither have they seen test results.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
exclusiveoloori:
Hello mamas. My baby is turning six months soon and he's been on sma gold formula and breast milk since birth. What solids or cereals can I introduce to him?
There is so much that can be introduced but just one or two at a time as you training their taste buds and their swallow.

You want easy to swallow and not too thick so Pap,custard,cerelac,Frisocreme.

Go to a supermarket and look at the baby Aisle and read the ingredients and research.

Pap is a good place to start the one made out of millet is more nutritious than that made out of corn.Perhaps make it yourself so you sure of the source of the water and if you don’t know how to ask a relative.I wouldn’t advice buying.

My triplets turned 6 months few days back so we take millet pap with two scoops of milk formula mixed in it using cup and spoon morning and night.In between we have 150mls of bottle formula every 3hrs.

Sometimes i put mashed bananas in pap or grounded crayfish for protein.

By the end of the month i would be mashing potatoes with WELL cooked eggs (to avoid Salmonella).

Never use Salt,Sugar,honey and chocolates they not ready to consume that yet.

Best of luck.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Spechialone(f): 6:46am On Jan 13, 2023
Toylove:

Please, what can one Do to relieve the colic of a thing, my baby is 2 weeks old today and seeing her twist since Monday troubles my heart

Nospamin worked for me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Toylove: 9:25am On Jan 13, 2023
Spechialone:

Nospamin worked for me
She runs temperature after taking nospamin, told my wife to stop it.
I'm not sure we will be using any drug on her

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Brooke60(f): 1:11pm On Jan 13, 2023
Toylove:

She runs temperature after taking nospamin, told my wife to stop it.
I'm not sure we will be using any drug on her
Same with my baby but I continued with it because it's working for her.

You can also try Gripe water.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 13, 2023
Good evening mama,I noticed yesterday that when I playfully wave my baby,he stiffens his hands and legs,cry out slowly and his eyes kinda turn pale and he immediately regains himself again,is this normal?he is 4 months old today and I just noticed it yesterday, should I be worried?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 7:32pm On Jan 13, 2023
MorningStar233:

He's 7 months old ma
ok try different cereals until you see the one the child likes. Some kids are picky eaters, others want to eat what you eat so you can make lots of pap, add milk then make sure he's looking at you. Take a spoon and gesticulate showing him it's really sweet then take another spoon and do the same then give him one spoon if that will work. You can try Nutribom, Nutriend, Cerelac, etc. No Golden morn at that age pls.
He can eat mashed boiled rice, mashed yam and little winny palm oil, mashed beans, soft moi-moi soft swallow with Okro, etc. Just keep experimenting.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MorningStar233: 7:33pm On Jan 13, 2023
okirewaju:
ok try different cereals until you see the one the child likes. Some kids are picky eaters, others want to eat what you eat so you can make lots of pap, add milk then make sure he's looking at you. Take a spoon and gesticulate showing him it's really sweet then take another spoon and do the same then give him one spoon if that will work. You can try Nutribom, Nutriend, Cerelac, etc. No Golden morn at that age pls.
He can eat mashed boiled rice, mashed yam and little winny palm oil, mashed beans, soft moi-moi soft swallow with Okro, etc. Just keep experimenting.

Thank you so much dear, I am really grateful. I will try all these.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2023
Minmin2323:
Good evening mama,I noticed yesterday that when I playfully wave my baby,he stiffens his hands and legs,cry out slowly and his eyes kinda turn pale and he immediately regains himself again,is this normal?he is 4 months old today and I just noticed it yesterday, should I be worried?
I don't know what exactly you're describing but when my second daughter was young and she cried angrily she'll take in air, stiffen her body like she loose breath for some few seconds then she'll cry loudly again. Are we talking about the same thing?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 13, 2023
No mama,he stiffens his body like someone who is frightened,but I think while at it,the stiffeness causes little pain that makes him cry and then he gets it all together again,it just started yesterday,I don't know what to call it
okirewaju:
I don't know what exactly you're describing but when my second daughter was young and she cried angrily she'll take in air, stiffen her body like she loose breath for some few seconds then she'll cry loudly again. Are we talking about the same thing?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shutupareyouGOD: 9:09pm On Jan 13, 2023
Baby cupboard and other item for sale.. reason: relocation
Quote or message if interested
Price 80k. Bargaining is allowed

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Brownsmoothie: 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2023
Good evening mamas...please I want to know immunisation days at Ifako ijaiye General hospital, was there today and the place was locked but a security told me it's from Mondays to Fridays but that it depends on the age of the baby that I should come back on Monday
Please wl really appreciate if any mama knows the exact day of the week they give 10 weeks old baby. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 4:25pm On Jan 16, 2023
My baby don't like people throwing him up atall. I thought babies love that and usually laugh when thrown up? This one just freezes, get really scared and start shaking, if u don't stop he starts crying.. at 7months fah.

Plus he gets frightened easily, like if u shout suddenly she shakes and start crying sometimes.
People ask me , ddidnt you throw him up when he was a baby? Why is he always so frightened.

Should I be worried

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hauwi(f): 4:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
rofemiguwa:
I have the following items for sale. Neatly used.

1. LMV baby cot. Comes with a free vitafoam baby cradle bed. 20k.

2. double electric breast pump comes with a free nuby new bottle 8k.

3. Lighting macqueen baby walker 8k

4. Summer infant foldable bathtub 10k comes with a free changing mat wallet.

4. Infantino ergonomic carrier , nursing pillow, big changing mat purse with space for wipe case, diapers, change of pants. Everything 12k.

5. Halogen Oven 10k..

6. 5 bags of livia lactation tea that increase breast milk production 12k. Single 2500..

7. Nursing bag 5k.

Please this is an urgent sale.
Location is in ikeja lagos. Call 090.26.77.29.43.

Delivery is on you.

Hello ma do you still have any of these?
I’m interested please and pictures too will help. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ruqoyahadenike(f): 5:47pm On Jan 16, 2023
Tutu82:

If you live in Abuja take BOTH your babies to Limi children hospital Abuja as they specially dedicated to neonates and children.

Never give your babies herbs it is risky and do not self medicate as symptoms in children can be different.
Granted money is tight but that should be the last thing on your mind.
Take this advice from a mum that has lost a set of twins few years ago.

Thanks ma'am. I'm just seeing this. I shared the post because of my concern for them but I've been diligent with my hospital visit.

I did take them for treatment and one of them (the jaundiced baby) was hospitalised for two weeks. He's been discharged now but we're still going for routine check ups and we're still being told to run several tests. So he's been monitored very closely.

I'm just concerned cos I'm barely seeing any improvement but I never stopped trying my best.

Thanks again ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ruqoyahadenike(f): 5:49pm On Jan 16, 2023
oxygenator:

You did not tell us the babies weights at birth.
Were they full term, how many weeks gestation?
What type of delivery; C/S or normal delivery.

Any problem during delivery?

Twin 1 weight was 2.4 while twin 2 was 2.1. They were full term at 38weeks and 2 days gestation.

It was a normal delivery without complications
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Justkatty(f): 8:45pm On Jan 16, 2023
Dear mummies please someone needs clothes for a new born baby boy embarassed and any other thing that can be useful for a new born.

Location Lagos state
Thanks mummies as we await your replies.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JIGGERNAPPY(m): 10:06pm On Jan 16, 2023
Please where can I get this soap and cream
My body has eczema on his cheek and eyebrows
omotolanibaby:
yes now toto herbal cream, that's Wat I use for ds since then no rashes, no eczema, no dry skin again e. t. c I changed from cussion baby when he started having rashes and ezcema.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JIGGERNAPPY(m): 10:07pm On Jan 16, 2023
Where in lagos, I have some few clothes available
Justkatty:
Dear mummies please someone needs clothes for a new born baby boy embarassed and any other thing that can be useful for a new born.

Location Lagos state
Thanks mummies as we await your replies.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Justkatty(f): 10:10pm On Jan 16, 2023
JIGGERNAPPY:
Where in lagos, I have some few clothes available
Ajegunle Apapa
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ruqoyahadenike(f): 10:38pm On Jan 16, 2023
Tutu82:

If you live in Abuja take BOTH your babies to Limi children hospital Abuja as they specially dedicated to neonates and children.

Never give your babies herbs it is risky and do not self medicate as symptoms in children can be different.
Granted money is tight but that should be the last thing on your mind.
Take this advice from a mum that has lost a set of twins few years ago.

I'm so sorry for your loss ma'am. May God grant you the best of children. Infact, I believe he has.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:18am On Jan 17, 2023
ruqoyahadenike:

Thanks ma'am. I'm just seeing this. I shared the post because of my concern for them but I've been diligent with my hospital visit.

I did take them for treatment and one of them (the jaundiced baby) was hospitalised for two weeks. He's been discharged now but we're still going for routine check ups and we're still being told to run several tests. So he's been monitored very closely.

I'm just concerned cos I'm barely seeing any improvement but I never stopped trying my best.

Thanks again ma'am
You doing a good job and of course you are trying your best.
Be kind to yourself and don’t panic.
Recovery is a gradual process just keep monitoring and one of the tests results will sort this all out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oxygenator: 5:20am On Jan 17, 2023
ruqoyahadenike:

Twin 1 weight was 2.4 while twin 2 was 2.1. They were full term at 38weeks and 2 days gestation.

It was a normal delivery without complications

Neonatal persistent jaundice.

Multiple pregnancy with low birth weight may go on to develop neonatal jaundice.

Some of the low birth weight babies will have their liver poorly developed and not functioning well.
When the liver is not functioning well it cannot handle the bilirubin in blood circulation and the baby will be jaundiced.

Cause of jaundice must be known and treatment guided accordingly.

When treatment is wrong it becomes more difficult for the liver to cope with the additional stress..

With review of your statement none of the drugs or herbs given is capable of helping the liver to perform better. .

Since your phone number is available you will permit us to send the rest message of how you can get over this problem.
We are HBOT providers in Port Harcourt.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ruqoyahadenike(f): 12:35pm On Jan 17, 2023
Tutu82:

You doing a good job and of course you are trying your best.
Be kind to yourself and don’t panic.
Recovery is a gradual process just keep monitoring and one of the tests results will sort this all out.

Thanks a lot ma'am. I really appreciate it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ruqoyahadenike(f): 12:35pm On Jan 17, 2023
oxygenator:

Neonatal persistent jaundice.

Multiple pregnancy with low birth weight may go on to develop neonatal jaundice.

Some of the low birth weight babies will have their liver poorly developed and not functioning well.
When the liver is not functioning well it cannot handle the bilirubin in blood circulation and the baby will be jaundiced.

Cause of jaundice must be known and treatment guided accordingly.

When treatment is wrong it becomes more difficult for the liver to cope with the additional stress..

With review of your statement none of the drugs or herbs given is capable of helping the liver to perform better. .

Since your phone number is available you will permit us to send the rest message of how you can get over this problem.
We are HBOT providers in Port Harcourt.

Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omotolanibaby(f): 3:43pm On Jan 17, 2023
JIGGERNAPPY:
Please where can I get this soap and cream
My body has eczema on his cheek and eyebrows
it's out of market look around for it fews days ago ,could not find a single one. You can try avg or funbact A
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mamabella: 11:07pm On Jan 17, 2023
Good evening mama's please I need your help .I need to wean my daughter who is 1yr and 3month. And she can only sleep when I breast feed her ... please I just got a new job which I started last week and every night she must wake up between 3-5times before 6am dat I ve to wake and get ready for work . Also I never intended to breast feed her till I wanted to stop when she turned one . Please I need all suggestions to stop breastfeeding her cos its seem she is very addicted to sucking now. Cos as soon as she i sees mi she just wants to be putting her mouth on my breast and be sucking

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by merieam16(f): 9:00am On Jan 18, 2023
Good morning all, my four month old baby has wat yoruba call Eela on his head can i apply tribotan baby to it.pls any other suggestion would do
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by litubow: 7:47pm On Jan 18, 2023
Best cream to use for a melanin baby. I will prefer natural one
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omalichachimyer: 3:46am On Jan 19, 2023
I uses Ori(shear butter)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ihavethingstodo: 9:43am On Jan 19, 2023
Layormiii:
My baby don't like people throwing him up atall. I thought babies love that and usually laugh when thrown up? This one just freezes, get really scared and start shaking, if u don't stop he starts crying.. at 7months fah.

Plus he gets frightened easily, like if u shout suddenly she shakes and start crying sometimes.
People ask me , ddidnt you throw him up when he was a baby? Why is he always so frightened.

Should I be worried

Nothing to worry, children are different, he will pass that phase, some children don't like noise and that throwing up, he is a baby, and please when he get frightened, hold him close. Also easy with the throwing o abeg smiley It is well

(1) (2) (3) ... (2492) (2493) (2494) (2495) (2496) (2497) (2498) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.