Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,085 members, 7,821,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4410625 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 4:32am On Jul 26, 2015
Please mothers whose babies started sitting unsupported at 4 months how una do am? So u can put dem to sit nd move away? Please explain I dont understand. @Henyolar nd miraclemun
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 5:21am On Jul 26, 2015
mytestimony:
Please mothers whose babies started sitting unsupported at 4 months how una do am? So u can put dem to sit nd move away? Please explain I dont understand. @Henyolar nd miraclemun
When u sit, put her between ur legs(wide open).
Put her to sit on the bed or floor, spread her legs to form v-shape and use pillows to support her round

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 6:52am On Jul 26, 2015
mytestimony:

babies differs but d earlier u start training dem most milestone d beta.my baby is 7month plus n she is yet to crawl.. AND WATS DIS WIT CRAWLING WIT THEIR TUMMY ,DAT WAS HOW MY FIRST CRAWLED OOO...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 9:51am On Jul 26, 2015
mytestimony:

Don't move away oh, as baby still topples now while sitting. My baby can sit with her hands propped out for 20 - 25 mins before toppling over. And once she topples I know she's tired because in between the 20 - 25 mins she uses her hand to stop her from toppling.

I put her on a play mat with pillows round and then sing and dance while she watches with smiles. If I don't do that, she won't sit. Sometimes I dangle a flashy toy in her face and she'll release her hands to go for the toys, while she's with the toy she can sit unsupported for some minutes before returning one hand on the floor for balance.
She didn't just achieve it like that. It took lots of tummy time, sitting her on my laps, in between my laps and on a stroller when we go out.

Note that all babies are different, they achieve their milestones at different times. I was worried some times ago here that my baby was yet to have neck control like her mates, I felt really bad when I saw her mate at her creche already sitting and rolling over while my baby's neck was still wobbly. But mothers here encouraged me and advised I give her lots of tummy time.
Her caregivers at the creche also encouraged and told me to relax as they will work on it ( God bless those women). They did work on it as I was not only seen it in the log book, I was noticing a great change as the day go by.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 9:58am On Jul 26, 2015
Rashomo:

babies differs but d earlier u start training dem most milestone d beta.my baby is 7month plus n she is yet to crawl.. AND WATS DIS WIT CRAWLING WIT THEIR TUMMY ,DAT WAS HOW MY FIRST CRAWLED OOO...

Did crawling with the tummy affect your first? Did it delay walking?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by limsycutey(f): 10:32am On Jul 26, 2015
Please I need info on R-jolad hospital, I have not been there before but it's close to my house. Do we have mamas here who did antenatal and gave birth there? Thanks in advance.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 11:13am On Jul 26, 2015
[quote author=MiracleMum post=36282752]

Did crawling with the tummy affect your first? Did it delay walking?[/quote

yes it delayed his walking, after crawling wit tummy, he started crawling normal again,before walking,.,BUt as I SAID EARLIER ,DEY AR DIFFERENT]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
[quote author=Rashomo post=36284834][/quote]

Then it shouldn't have delayed, except he started crawling with his tummy late.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
MiracleMum:

Then it shouldn't have delayed, except he started crawling with his tummy late.

He sstarted crawling wit his tummy around seven month n normal crawling around 9month...walked wen he turn 1year n a week...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
mytestimony:

Her fisher price rocker(3months to toddler), pram (stroller) helped a lot...then I sit her in between my laps though a baby will start sitting at the time nature considers appropriate and easy.

My baby didn't have full neck control until about three months and I was getting scared cos she had jaundice at birth,twas so serious that she had an ebt....you need to see hw happy hubby was when she started sitting..

Also remember babies develop at their time...my baby cousin crawled for about 3wks before she started walking at 8months plus but couldn't talk until she was almost two but she recognise everyone's phones, shoes and other personal items...

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hernyolar:

Her fisher price rocker(3months to toddler), pram (stroller) helped a lot...then I sit her in between my laps though a baby will start sitting at the time nature considers appropriate and easy.

My baby didn't have full neck control until about three months and I was getting scared cos she had jaundice at birth,twas so serious that she had an ebt....you need to see hw happy hubby was when she started sitting..

Also remember babies develop at their time...my baby cousin crawled for about 3wks before she started walking at 8months plus but couldn't talk until she was almost two but she recognise everyone's phones, shoes and other personal items...

pls wats EBT?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
temmy2103:

When u sit, put her between ur legs(wide open).
Put her to sit on the bed or floor, spread her legs to form v-shape and use pillows to support her round

My baby sits o. She started sitting that way sef earlier. Its d sitting unsupported I want to understand

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 4:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
MiracleMum:

Don't move away oh, as baby still topples now while sitting. My baby can sit with her hands propped out for 20 - 25 mins before toppling over. And once she topples I know she's tired because in between the 20 - 25 mins she uses her hand to stop her from toppling.

I put her on a play mat with pillows round and then sing and dance while she watches with smiles. If I don't do that, she won't sit. Sometimes I dangle a flashy toy in her face and she'll release her hands to go for the toys, while she's with the toy she can sit unsupported for some minutes before returning one hand on the floor for balance.
She didn't just achieve it like that. It took lots of tummy time, sitting her on my laps, in between my laps and on a stroller when we go out.

Note that all babies are different, they achieve their milestones at different times. I was worried some times ago here that my baby was yet to have neck control like her mates, I felt really bad when I saw her mate at her creche already sitting and rolling over while my baby's neck was still wobbly. But mothers here encouraged me and advised I give her lots of tummy time.
Her caregivers at the creche also encouraged and told me to relax as they will work on it ( God bless those women). They did work on it as I was not only seen it in the log book, I was noticing a great change as the day go by.
Thanks for the explanation so she has not acheived the milestone fully. I fear na. I fear no b small o.lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hernyolar:

Infact thanks for explaining. Now i understand what u meant.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by crimzytee: 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hi mum's in d house. My 10months old baby has bn battling with cough and cattarh for 2weeks now. Hv used zinnat and augumetin but still nt going.#newmu#
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 5:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
mytestimony:

My baby sits o. She started sitting that way sef earlier. Its d sitting unsupported I want to understand
Ok, me dunno hw to explain dt 1 o(sorry)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hernyolar:

I put my five months plus old baby on her executive chair potty first thing in the morning and at night before her bath.. and I have discovered that she hasn't soiled her diaper with poo for 3 whole weeks..
so I think the earlier the better
I sing, giggle for her just to make her happy and distracted..

So you did Elimination Communication (thats the fancy term for it grin ) and it worked that fast? Okay, gotta try that. Please post pictures of your executive potty chair, and brand name if you can thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
@lamdec I am also experiencing that went to see d doctor who said its colic and was given infacol but there was no improvement so we started using dentinox and there had been great improvement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
mytestimony:

Thanks for the explanation so she has not acheived the milestone fully. I fear na. I fear no b small o.lol

Please read my first paragraph again. She sits for some minutes without her hands on the floor while playing with a toy. Babies that achieved "fully" according to you, don't just wake up and find themselves propped up - it starts from somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
MiracleMum:

Please read my first paragraph again. She sits for some minutes without her hands on the floor while playing with a toy. Babies that achieved "fully" according to you, don't just wake up and find themselves propped up - it starts from somewhere.
Madam no vex oh no b quarrel. I no argue. Na question I ask. Nd u answered nd I said I thought... no vex abeg

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hernyolar:

Her fisher price rocker(3months to toddler)
Seems that's kinda my baby's rocker, have you converted urs to a high chair? If yes can you kindly explain how you did it.
Tx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
shndy:

Seems that's kinda my baby's rocker, have you converted urs to a high chair? If yes can you kindly explain how you did it.
Tx

I haven't ma. I will do that as soon as she can eat on her own, I'll simply get her a table

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
Onegai:

So you did Elimination Communication (thats the fancy term for it grin ) and it worked that fast? Okay, gotta try that. Please post pictures of your executive potty chair, and brand name if you can thanks

I just got this nw and am now In bed already. .. I will snap and post it tomorrow. I got the potty with the bathing set.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hernyolar:

As long as we all understand that babies develop at their own pace. I don't remember teaching my older LO how to sit up, I just gave him lots of tummy time. He would roll over when he gets tired of that position. He figured out how to sit up and crawl on his own. Ultimately, he walked at 10 months.

I got to understand that with boys you don't want to rush them to sit up. They will do it when they are ready.

For instance, when you carry them in an inclined position they will start to struggle to pull themselves up or when you push then in a buggy with a carry cot, they will pull up. That is when you know they are ready and that happens at around 5 months.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 11:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hernyolar:
joyousf And other mothers living in Ado, Please where can I get the rotavirus vaccine. I use FTH, Ido Ekiti but they don't give babies

sorry for replying this late. I don't know anything about the vaccine o. its good sabi mamas don answer u. pls wat does d vaccine protect against? were u able to get the vaccine?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nefertitiram: 11:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
limsycutey:
Please I need info on R-jolad hospital, I have not been there before but it's close to my house. Do we have mamas here who did antenatal and gave birth there? Thanks in advance.
i lost my preterm twins there. They lack facilities to handle sick or preterm babies.
Please jejeje go to Island maternity

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bimsusy(f): 11:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
To the best of my knowledge rjolad is very gud. I luv their services. I gave birth to my kids there.
limsycutey:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lamdec(f): 12:39am On Jul 27, 2015
demmykay:
@lamdec I am also experiencing that went to see d doctor who said its colic and was given infacol but there was no improvement so we started using dentinox and there had been great improvement
Thanks for this.I am also thinking it's colic or too much gas, I also intend seeing the doctor, infacol is a gas drop for.babies I think, what does dentinox do.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 12:46am On Jul 27, 2015
crimzytee:
Hi mum's in d house. My 10months old baby has bn battling with cough and cattarh for 2weeks now. Hv used zinnat and augumetin but still nt going.#newmu#

Were those medications prescribed by a paediatrician? Augumentin for common cold? Get your LO nasal drops and put drops of olbas oil(eucalyptus oil) on his/her pillow or in a bowl of hot water , let him inhale it.Also give vitamin C.

A 10 month old baby's immune system should be able fight off common cold without the use of antibiotics. Antibiotics are only used in cases of pneumonia or other viral infections.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by simababe(f): 1:21am On Jul 27, 2015
joyousf:

sorry for replying this late. I don't know anything about the vaccine o. its good sabi mamas don answer u. pls wat does d vaccine protect against? were u able to get the vaccine?

Rotavirus vaccine helps prevent vomiting and diarrhoea in babies. That's the simplest way I can explain it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 7:43am On Jul 27, 2015
mytestimony:

Madam no vex oh no b quarrel. I no argue. Na question I ask. Nd u answered nd I said I thought... no vex abeg

Vex ke? No worry your lo go soon sit down like that. For more make we dey enjoy am. Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 8:57am On Jul 27, 2015
MiracleMum:

Vex ke? No worry your lo go soon sit down like that. For more make we dey enjoy am. Lol
Lol my baby started trying to sit since she was a lil over 2 months.She sits the way u described it. Infact if I put her in sleeping position in her rocker she sits up on her own. tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.