Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4410990 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 27, 2015
Onegai:

So you did Elimination Communication (thats the fancy term for it grin ) and it worked that fast? Okay, gotta try that. Please post pictures of your executive potty chair, and brand name if you can thanks

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 9:17am On Jul 27, 2015
mytestimony:

Lol my baby started trying to sit since she was a lil over 2 months.She sits the way u described it. Infact if I put her in sleeping position in her rocker she sits up on her own. tongue

Mytestimony, I am not sure how to communicate this to you but if possible, stop comparing notes. It can put you under pressure or make you start having unnecessary fears that something is wrong with ur baby when actually, she is doing just fine. But if you must compare, let it just put you in the know of what your baby might start doing very soon. By the time all these our babies get to 3 years or thereabout, they will all be at par and no one will remember who pooed first or who weeweed last.

All babies are different and achieve their milestones at different times.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 10:04am On Jul 27, 2015
mytestimony:

Lol my baby started trying to sit since she was a lil over 2 months.She sits the way u described it. Infact if I put her in sleeping position in her rocker she sits up on her own. tongue

Congratulations then! I am not surprised your baby is doing that. All babies are different and none should be compared.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by debbie(f): 11:45am On Jul 27, 2015
Please mothers i need your response.I have a baby of about two months and when ever he wakes up in the morning i see these eye stuffs all over his eyes.Like a typical eye dirt.It happens to both eyes.What can i do to stop it.Most times he find it hard to open his eyes,until you use wet towel to clean them.thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2015
Don't use ur finger to clean it. He must be reacting to something especially hair( weave or attachment) dip a very clean small towel in warm salty water( squeeze to ensure drops don't enter his eyes) then wipe from in to out. ( Nose region - the cheek region) do this like 3x daily.
debbie:
Please mothers i need your response.I have a baby of about two months and when ever he wakes up in the morning i see these eye stuffs all over his eyes.Like a typical eye dirt.It happens to both eyes.What can i do to stop it.Most times he find it hard to open his eyes,until you use wet towel to clean them.thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by debbie(f): 12:06pm On Jul 27, 2015
Thank you very much.quote author=lovinam post=36321407]Don't use ur finger to clean it. He must be reacting to something especially hair( weave or attachment) dip a very clean small towel in warm salty water( squeeze to ensure drops don't enter his eyes) then wipe from in to out. ( Nose region - the cheek region) do this like 3x daily. [/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2015
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2015
Kimoni:

Mytestimony, I am not sure how to communicate this to you but if possible, stop comparing notes. It can put you under pressure or make you start having unnecessary fears that something is wrong with ur baby when actually, she is doing just fine. But if you must compare, let it just put you in the know of what your baby might start doing very soon. By the time all these our babies get to 3 years or thereabout, they will all be at par and no one will remember who pooed first or who weeweed last.

All babies are different and achieve their milestones at different times.
I am not comparing. For what will I compare? . If u notice I only asked a question. Is asking a question now comparison? miracle mum said
MiracleMum:

Vex ke? No worry your lo go soon sit down like that. For more

make we dey enjoy am. Lol

Nd I replied her o. As we turn d tin to play mk e remain so. Case closed. Today is monday. Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2015
MiracleMum:

Congratulations then! I am not surprised your baby is doing that. All babies are different and none should be compared.
I no compare. As u ur own de sweet u say she de sit na so my own de sweet me. Case closed. Today is monday.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2015
mytestimony:

I no compare. As u ur own de sweet u say she de sit na so my own de sweet me. Case closed. Today is monday.

Then no tell me say na half achievement. Thats not encouraging but its alright. i dey wait for you for front. lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2015
MiracleMum:

Then no tell me say na half achievement. Thats not encouraging but its alright. i dey wait for you for front. lol
Ha ha ha ha ha I just de laf for here so te ppl de ask me wetin?
Are u a ftm? Cos na FTMs like us suppose... lmao. How baby jare
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 3:07pm On Jul 27, 2015
Hernyolar:

I haven't ma. I will do that as soon as she can eat on her own, I'll simply get her a table
Ok mum tx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2015
Hello peeps, pls does lying down to breastfeed a newborn have any effect on either mother or baby. I tried dis position once but want to be sure of no side effects. Also it seems she never burps no matter the position i try, am i doing something wrong cos she vomits at times and i always feel bad. Pls help me know better
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2015
Keji3:
Hello peeps, pls does lying down to breastfeed a newborn have any effect on either mother or baby. I tried dis position once but want to be sure of no side effects. Also it seems she never burps no matter the position i try, am i doing something wrong cos she vomits at times and i always feel bad. Pls help me know better

Yes..according to matron at Randle,dey said it is nt gud..dey even insulted one woman dat breastfed her new baby while lying down..it is nt gud for baby, n MIL Says it do affect deir ears..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2015
CharmyBliz:

WeLl for me I didn't lie down to feed my LO till he was 4 months.....heard it wasn't safe neonates and could cause ear infection
For d burping, it depends on d baby my baby didn't burp all d tym afta fEeedin and even wen he burps, he till spits milk curds buh as he grows dat phase jux passd unnoticed...
So jux do ur best and know dat u are tryin no need too fEel bad
Thanks ma'am, i feel better
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2015
Rashomo:

Yes..according to matron at Randle,dey said it is nt gud..dey even insulted one woman dat breastfed her new baby while lying down..it is nt gud for baby, n MIL Says it do affect deir ears..
I'll stop immediately, thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lamdec(f): 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2015
Jenonye:
Good day sabi mama's. I'm a FTM. I gave birth to my DS on 11th of May. I have an issue and don't know if anyone has gone thru this. After I put to bed, I experienced the normal postpartum bleeding (lochia) and it stopped after 6weeks. Thereafter like a week later, I started bleeding.. I tot it was aunt flo visiting only for the bleeding to become extremely heavy (like filling one pad in less than 30 mins). I went to my doctor and a scan was done to check if there was any retained placenta and there was none. I was given injections and the bleeding subsided only for it to start again after 24hours. I went back and I was given drugs to use and my doc said if it doesn't stop that a D&C wld b done. After the drugs (took it for 2days) the bleeding stopped and I just kept spotting dark Brown discharge (it's sometimes sticky) till recently I started seeing blood spots... to cut the long story short, I hav just been spotting all tru except for one time I didn't spot at all for about 3 days.... but now I bleeding very very lightly (I'm using a liner for it cos it's light ).
This one startd 2days ago. Don't knw if I'm experiencing
hormonal imbalance or what? Sorry for d long story.
I also experienced the same thing after 8 days of delivery. I had him through ceaserian section so I was kinda confused too that there shouldn't be any placenta left in my uterus. in my case I was soaking a pad in less than five minutes, I was given injections and drips.and was admitted..I am kind of surprised that you have not been admitted cos you shouldn't be bleeding that much. A scan was done for me that showed a blood clot in my uterus and my gynecologist performed a D and C the very next day and I have been fine. It's 4 weeks now and I am no longer bleeding or spotting, please see another doctor if possible or go back to your doctor. it is well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennifer89(f): 7:28pm On Jul 27, 2015
To all mothers who lie down to breast feed their babies; Can you lie down to drink water will you be comfortable?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
Jennifer89:
To all mothers who lie down to breast feed their babies; Can you lie down to drink water will you be comfortable?
And who told you it's a crime/sin to do that?

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2015
Keji3:

I'll stop immediately, thanks

u ar welcum...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby26: 8:10pm On Jul 27, 2015
My fellow mothers I hail o,ao ar ur lo?pls I av come again o,my boy of 19 mnths usd 2 eat everything at d family table bt suddenly changd,now he prefers spoon -fed meals 2 swallowing morsels,at first I taught if I let him get very hungry he wld eat bt I ws wrong cos he prefers 2 sleep on an empty stomach.I made amala ds evening nd he rejected it nd cried till I gave him rice.my main issue now is him being choosy,shld I cont giving him other meals wen I make swallow?if no wt other method cn I use pls?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennifer89(f): 8:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
temmy2103:

madam read ma post again i asked a question
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2015
Jennifer89:

madam read ma post again i asked a question
And I'm asking a question too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2015
temmy2103:

the UN nd WHO even encourages it. Once it is done right there is no problem.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 9:51pm On Jul 27, 2015
mytestimony:
the UN nd WHO even encourages it. Once it is done right there is no problem.
Exactly! Bless you

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 10:02pm On Jul 27, 2015
@lamdec dentinox is also used to treat colic. it worked for my baby when she didn't respond to infacol. hw is ur baby doing? have u been to ur doctor?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 6:01am On Jul 28, 2015
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmielomo(f): 8:48am On Jul 28, 2015
debbie:
R u sure it isnt infection?cos same thing happened to my baby.was given eyedrop and antibiotics.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettytrust: 9:09am On Jul 28, 2015
U can breast feed ur baby lying down it does nt harm,dis is my third n I hav never had aany issue wit it,infact right frm d hospital bed I strt breastfeeding.it really mk u sleep well witout getting up at night

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.