Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,864 members, 7,824,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4412814 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettytrust: 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
Pls house any advice on baby milk or food I can buy to make my baby get fat,she is 7mths now n I need a milk to mk her fat
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TopeMel(f): 9:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
Pls note:

Warning all parents with children age 5 and under. There's a rota-virus outbreak, if your child starts vomiting a watery substance get them to a doctor or hospital asap it can be deadly. Please share. Guys this is serious its on the news too. Your broadcast can save a life.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 10:27am On Jul 12, 2013
Nta and umafor are real. And am meant to understand that its not treated in de hospital, mmhh der is no orthodox medicine for it. So look for a good herbalist to first take a look at ur baby to be sure he has it. It treatment takes like one week. Herbs are not harmful, good and genuie ones.take card.
bigmom: goodday . Pls i need suggestions. I have 14 month old baby since her birth she does not add weight that much but very very active and eats well, she started crawing @ Her 5th month and started walking @ her 9th month now people were like she has nta and akpafor (in igbo language) dont kn whelther it has English name that why she is not getting fat and this is normally treated with herbs, i'm scared of giving my baby herbs. Pls are those real?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 11:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
Hi friends, please help o, my baby wont take plain milk any more. she is six months n 3weeks. have been giving her sma gold, then follow-on milk. she takes in her pap, n cerelac, but wont take if its plain. do i change the milk? which is best for this age? help oooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Issfat: 3:43pm On Jul 14, 2013
Hi, how can I treat my 10 months baby cough. It started a wk ago wt cold and his upper teeth is abt to come out too, we have use antibiotics , treated malaria, cold dispeared bt cough refuse to go and I use todo steaming twice daily. Ur advice is needed urgently
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2013
^^^Have U tried vit C syrup (or orang)? would hav said honey but he's less than a year.
When my baby had cough doc gav antiboitics but i didnt C any effects so he gav vit C(I think the one we got was written 'vamee C' on it) and said it will clear and after two days or so it stoped. lab test showed it was viral infection...
Hope it helps, and he gets ok quickly.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 9:40pm On Jul 14, 2013
corrall: Hi friends, please help o, my baby wont take plain milk any more. she is six months n 3weeks. have been giving her sma gold, then follow-on milk. she takes in her pap, n cerelac, but wont take if its plain. do i change the milk? which is best for this age? help oooo

Both my babies hated drinking plain milk, went from SMA to Nan, same thing. As long as u incorporate it with pap,custard or cereal I guess its ok. My baby gal rejected drinking milk dissolved it water but takes cereal and pap.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Issfat: 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2013
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adetunrayo(f): 5:26am On Jul 16, 2013
Hi sweet mothers,quite a while.my issue is about my 4 months baby prefaring 1 bosom to d other.I noticed this when she was a month plus.Now she doesn't want 2 suck the right breat @ all except d left.This has made d bosom smaller than d other, plus low milk productn.I just want 2 know if there is no side effect.I guess I hav been used 2 d left bosom too.I we equally want 2 know what else I could do 2 increase my milk prod. It just 2 low,I tried 2 support with formular cos my baby isn't satisfy.thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 16, 2013
ona2: your

Thanks blank your advice is always helpful. but pls, i have rashes on my two hands. Someone recently saw it and told me asked if i was nursing a baby and i said yes. She said that was the cause of the rashes. i never knew i thought i had heat and it will soon go. but the rashes has continued to increase. and it is very ichy. what can i do to clear the hands. i don't want my baby to have it as i place him on that spot most times.
dont worry, just use crusader soap and it will clear. As for your baby, it wont affect him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ona2: 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2013
Luvlystar:
dont worry, just use crusader soap and it will clear. As for your baby, it wont affect him.

Really, although it long cleared out by itself actually, I guess someone else can use this advice to avoid the stress I went through. Thanks anyway.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by slim05: 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
Hi everyone, my 6 weeks old baby has had cold, stuffy nose for about 2 weeks now and sleeping at night is always uncomfortable, we went to d hospital and we were given vitamin c, can I use otrivine nasal drops for him?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettytrust: 4:57pm On Jul 16, 2013
Pls house I need urgent response,my 7mths baby is having serious rashes all over her body expecially her face in it is inching her I don't no wat to use and some pple said it is becos of her teething dt it will go but am really confuse if she is reacting to somtin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 6:54pm On Jul 16, 2013
@slim05. My Doc prescribed that otrivine too for my baby( but at around 8mnths). To be sincere I was scared of puting it in his nose ooo, till today the thing is still untouched. I Just did him steaming morning and evening or anytime I notice the congestion(even if its at night) and it will clear. Somtimes after doing it, I notice 'clot' of mucor coming out from his nostril and with cutton bud I remove it easily and we'r good!

U can aswell cover her head well so around the face area is warm and this can reduce congestion.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 7:05pm On Jul 16, 2013
PRETTY TRUST sorry about that. I may not have a perfect solution for you but have U tried Agnesia powder? I use coconut oil(self-made) for my baby and his skin has been excelently smooth but once I mistaking bought 'fake' food and the next day rashes all over his body! A nurse told me to buy the powder and I did, though I hated the 'smell'(not fragrance ooo.lol). within 2-3days his skin was cleared.

Did you change her washing detergent,cream,soap or food? Are her clothes well suned? It may also be teeth ooo.
All the best!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettytrust: 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2013
@itsmelex thank u ooo,I hav also tried d powder too but no improvement so am thinkin if is d teeth cos hav even change her soap n so many tins to see if it is reaction
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ona2: 3:27am On Jul 17, 2013
slim05: Hi everyone, my 6 weeks old baby has had cold, stuffy nose for about 2 weeks now and sleeping at night is always uncomfortable, we went to d hospital and we were given vitamin c, can I use otrivine nasal drops for him?
i think he might be rather too young for that. I remember my boy having it around the time of his dedication and a woman in church told me to put shea butter around the bridge of his nose where the congestion was. It helped decongest his nose and he was able to sleep. But using vit c every morning and night together with warm baths for like two weeks helped to drive it away. i was also using silverbird in his hair oil. as mentioned in previous posts pls lets leave all these strong drugs for the good of our babies.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 4:10am On Jul 17, 2013
Eya! @pretty trust if its teeth then twill be for a few days. Feel your concern. Hope it clears fast! You may want to always keep her dry to reduce itching and see a Dr if it persist...all the best ooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 12:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
ify's world:
Nta and umafor are real. And am meant to understand that its not treated in de hospital, mmhh der is no orthodox medicine for it. So look for a good herbalist to first take a look at ur baby to be sure he has it. It treatment takes like one week. Herbs are not harmful, good and genuie ones.take card.

@ify's world i would like for u to please expalin what 'nta and umafor' is for the benefit of we non-ibos. what are its symptoms and how do we go about it? remember no knowledge is lost.

adetunrayo: Hi sweet mothers,quite a while.my issue is about my 4 months baby prefaring 1 bosom to d other.I noticed this when she was a month plus.Now she doesn't want 2 suck the right breat @ all except d left.This has made d bosom smaller than d other, plus low milk productn.I just want 2 know if there is no side effect.I guess I hav been used 2 d left bosom too.I we equally want 2 know what else I could do 2 increase my milk prod. It just 2 low,I tried 2 support with formular cos my baby isn't satisfy.thanks

u have to force her to take the other breast. dont let her get used to a particular positon coz of her neck. why i say this is coz when she sits she may b used to facing one positon due to her neck. moreso , it may be the reason she doesnt lyk the other breast; the neck may be aching her.

pretty trust: Pls house I need urgent response,my 7mths baby is having serious rashes all over her body expecially her face in it is inching her I don't no wat to use and some pple said it is becos of her teething dt it will go but am really confuse if she is reacting to somtin

they may be right. it may be teething. it may also be as a result of a reaction to a new food. it may also be too much clothes on due to cold weather. but whateva it is, try and help make ur baby comfortable. the agnesia powder is also good. but i dont know the one u say about d smell. i hve never perceived any smell from it before. but sha, u just get d original agnesia and apply it on d body while still wet or mix wit little water before application. if u arent sure about the powder, go get 'moju' the local yoruba one, its very good too. u can also do this; get calamine lotion and mix with moju and rub all over her. i m sure that helps and pls dont expose her to cold.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 2:26pm On Jul 17, 2013
Omegemi, Not that the fragrance of agnessia is bad I just dont fancy it, I like that apealing baby smell my baby's powda gives compared to the agnesia when I used it, but it worked greatly and thats what counts!
#na me complain na, not Pretty Trust.lol.

Ehn, help us tell ify ooo! Been with notepad and pen as regards that nta and she has not come to explain ooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by slim05: 5:46pm On Jul 17, 2013
Thanks everyone, I have come again oh, please what do i use for colic pain for a 6 weeks old baby, he's uncomfortable, added to the cold and stuffy nose. I feel for my baby seriously. He's on my back now seems like that works but I can't back him all night.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iamteekaygal(f): 6:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
adetunrayo: Hi sweet mothers,quite a while.my issue is about my 4 months baby prefaring 1 bosom to d other.I noticed this when she was a month plus.Now she doesn't want 2 suck the right breat @ all except d left.This has made d bosom smaller than d other, plus low milk productn.I just want 2 know if there is no side effect.I guess I hav been used 2 d left bosom too.I we equally want 2 know what else I could do 2 increase my milk prod. It just 2 low,I tried 2 support with formular cos my baby isn't satisfy.thanks

Hi, same thing happened to me o. My son started around 4 months too. I tried effortlessly to give him, but he keeps rejecting my right side breast, he forcefully takes it like 2wice in a week. I went thru a lot of pains as the breast is always full and I have to keep expressing it. He started taking it again around 9th month or thereabout but there is difference in the 2 in terms of size. He is 1 year+ now but takes both breast well. Guess there is nothing 2 do about the size
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 10:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
^^^Wow! that makes us 3! must have omited adeturayo's post. Mine was because my nipple was 'flat' and after pulling it out during pregnancy, the left nipple improved and it became his favourite but I didnt let it get to the point of being biger at all! If he sucks the left now, I'll pump out the right and give him next(in the position of the right bust). Also I waited til he is very hungry and put him on the right bust and with determination he will suck the thing well!

Indeed, it's a phase that will pass. Also go with Omogemi's sugestion as one side may not be too good for his neck and posture.

@slim05, what is colic pain? Do U now observe that the warmth he gets from your body while on your back is reducing the congestion and cold?
I gues you know how to steam a baby?
I have also read here that mentoletum helps.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Issfat: 9:48am On Jul 18, 2013
im tired of my baby cough, ve used antibiotic, used vitamin c but i want to try palm oil and sugar i dnt knw if it can work for 10 and half months baby. Pls ur advice urgently needed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 10:39am On Jul 18, 2013
Hi all. @Omogemi and itsmelex. I don't have a first hand experience on Nta and Umafor. But its always associated with babies being fussy, restless, feverish, inadequate weight gain and weight loss. Mostly, de diagnosis is made by de herbalist.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by deybowlah: 11:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
put shea butter in a spoon then heat spoon on the cooker or with candle and then give ur baby to take. abeg makesure its not too hot oooo.try it like 3times and I hope it will work
cry
Issfat: im tired of my baby cough, ve used antibiotic, used vitamin c but i want to try palm oil and sugar i dnt knw if it can work for 10 and half months baby. Pls ur advice urgently needed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 2:18am On Jul 19, 2013
Hi mummies in da house, i need ur advice on this. My twins are 1 today xoxo. I want to stop nursing, though one of them weaned himself some weeks back. Pple are telling me different stories of how it draws back their development, that i should wait till they can walk. Though they they cruise around holding on to stuff. Is this a fact or myth. Also i learnt weaning is painful. How do i make it pain and stress free.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by honeyyetty(f): 8:52am On Jul 19, 2013
Good morning mum,I'm so happy to be back on naira land thou jst joinning this thread. Pls my 7months old girl has refuse to eat solid which she does before.pls urgent help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by honeyyetty(f): 8:58am On Jul 19, 2013
i, how can I treat my 10 months baby cough. It started a wk ago wt cold and his upper teeth is abt to come out too, we have use antibiotics , treated malaria, cold dispeared bt cough refuse to go and I use todo steaming twice daily. Ur advice is needed urgently
I'll advice u take her to the doctor, cos baby are too funny to be treated on our own especially at that age, thou she's teething but to be on d safe side take her to d doctor.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by honeyyetty(f): 9:02am On Jul 19, 2013
ify's world:
Hi mummies in da house, i need ur advice on this. My twins are 1 today xoxo. I want to stop nursing, though one of them weaned himself some weeks back. Pple are telling me different stories of how it draws back their development, that i should wait till they can walk. Though they they cruise around holding on to stuff. Is this a fact or myth. Also i learnt weaning is painful. How do i make it pain and stress free.
the lord is ur strength ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adetunrayo(f): 9:06am On Jul 19, 2013
@lamtee, u are still bosom feedin @ a year +?I hail u o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by honeyyetty(f): 9:07am On Jul 19, 2013
Hi mums,pls my baby has bruise in her bums atfirst I tot it was rashes then I started applying ori and then soak her bums in warm water and dettol but no changes. Pls urgent help

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.