Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4420556 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 8:57am On Sep 14, 2015
Keji3:
Good morning mothers, pls my 2 months plus old baby sweats alot so much that i have to change her clothes like twice before day break and i stopped using the fan cos she wakes up with congested nose. Is there something else i can do to keep her cool? P.S she sleeps in the lightest onesies. Thanks

Even person wey no dey sweat a lot go sweat for Naija, if fan or ac is not on.

Can you afford an air cooler?

If you can't, you can buy a rotating standing fan. ceiling fans are notorious for causing congested noses.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 9:31am On Sep 14, 2015
OmogeNG:

Even person wey no dey sweat a lot go sweat for Naija, if fan or ac is not on.

Can you afford an air cooler?

If you can't, you can buy a rotating standing fan. ceiling fans are notorious for causing congested noses.

Thanks for ur prompt reply. We use rotating standing fan o. I'll try air cooler as soon as i can
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 10:35am On Sep 14, 2015
its nothing to worry abt, my LO sprouted her first set of teeth at one grin
shndy:
Mamas, my baby is 6mnths1wk with no tooth.....should I be worried ?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 11:45am On Sep 14, 2015
please help with the recipes for pap. my baby will be 6 month this week and has been on exclusive breast milk, want to start with pap.
p.s I heard pap makes a baby big how true is this please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2015
i wanted to ask her same question, it somehow looks like a birthmark.
OmogeNG:

And you are sure it's not a birthmark?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 1:54pm On Sep 14, 2015
igb400:

The cream is 5500

the one i use is 8000 while the soap is 2500 though some shops sell the soap 3000
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 2:15pm On Sep 14, 2015
igb400:

The cream is 5500

shocked shocked

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2015
shocked shocked, 8k, d size must b up to 20litres, while d soap will b d size of a full moon loll. Jokes
MiracleMum:

the one i use is 8000 while the soap is 2500 though some shops sell the soap 3000

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2015
franky2013:
its nothing to worry abt, my LO sprouted her first set of teeth at one grin
Don't mind me am a real worrywart. Finally saw a tooth ds morning.
Tx

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 5:39pm On Sep 14, 2015
pls answer me mamas ooooooo. what do I mix to make pap for my baby. can I mix corn that is d normal corn for ogi , Guinea corn, millet n soya beans together?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by igb400: 8:47pm On Sep 14, 2015
[quote author=Keji3 post=37992987]
Thanks for ur prompt reply. We use rotating standing fan o. I'll try air cooler as soon as i can[/quote

You can also get a rechargeable fan, that's what I carry around wit my daughter, d girl can sweat for Africa.lol

At miracle mum.. where do u buy your makari cream from? I got mine today anyway. The soap was 2800.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by simplebukky: 8:51pm On Sep 14, 2015
pjthatcher:
pls answer me mamas ooooooo. what do I mix to make pap for my baby. can I mix corn that is d normal corn for ogi , Guinea corn, millet n soya beans together?
I soak millet and guinea corn overnight and grind.I also prepare soyabeans,groundnut,crayfish and unripe plantain powder separately which I mix into the pap when preparing it for my son.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 9:18pm On Sep 14, 2015
Pls mamas, what can I do? My 6 month old gets catarrh very frequently plus drugs seem to have no effect on it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by RashMe(f): 9:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
Mama, my baby was like that too. d standing fan doesnt rotate, it faces her but not directly into d face (stomach level downward) i still put a shawl over her ans she has her cap on. Hope dis helps

Keji3:

Thanks for ur prompt reply. We use rotating standing fan o. I'll try air cooler as soon as i can
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 11:58pm On Sep 14, 2015
pjthatcher:
please help with the recipes for pap. my baby will be 6 month this week and has been on exclusive breast milk, want to start with pap.
p.s I heard pap makes a baby big how true is this please.

As for making pap, I suggest you find someone in your area who makes it. Watch and learn cos even if we try to explain it here you might not get it.
You can use either corn, millet or guinea corn or a mixture of all to make pap but its the same process.

I actually started typing the process but decided not to.
Or better still buy already prepared pap from the market and make at home. It's the same process as making custard. Just mix desired quantity with water and add boiling water to it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 1:12am On Sep 15, 2015
franky2013:
shocked shocked, 8k, d size must b up to 20litres, while d soap will b d size of a full moon loll. Jokes

hehehe....Even the adult soap was about 6k as at 4yrs ago. The products are pricey, but you get your money's worth.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 9:12am On Sep 15, 2015
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 9:13am On Sep 15, 2015
my daughter is 6 months now so I just started her on pap, it has not been easy getting her to eat. in fact I'm so down right now....she will turn get distracted,cry,shake in fact I'm tired... neva knew taking of a baby was dis hectic....*crying* ftm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tbaby4real(f): 10:04am On Sep 15, 2015
Mzora:
my daughter is 6 months now so I just started her on pap, it has not been easy getting her to eat. in fact I'm so down right now....she will turn get distracted,cry,shake in fact I'm tired... neva knew taking of a baby was dis hectic....*crying* ftm
Please don't be...... I'm a Ftm too and my daughter was like that 2 months ago. It was so hard for me cos she does not want anything except breastmilk but it's much better now. Try to get his/her favorite food like maybe breastfeed before offering solid as that will let baby knows that he or she still have access to breastmilk. I read some where that they don't want to take solid cos they are scared they won't have access to breastmilk again. Try different food for each three days so as to get his or her favorite. Pay attention to your own baby and see his or her respond to any food. Do not start doing so many things
Suggested to you as each baby are unique in their own way and they will definitely like different things....... I was crying some weeks back but so proud now as my baby eat everything I give to her. Don't be tired please.Good luck mama.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 10:11am On Sep 15, 2015
Mzora:

sorry darling. It gets better with time, don't worry.

I'd say as much as you can time the feeds. Don't wait until she's cranky, sleepy or crying before preparing the food. You can try every three hours. Minimise distractions e.g other people or tv if possible. If you have a high chair, by all means use it. Do little quantity at a time.

If you can get someone else to feed her too, please try it. Sometimes its a matter of "see finish".

Then of course you can't breast feed her 10 minutes ago and attempt to give her pap. she won't take it.

Then you can start off with plain pap and just milk. Introduce other flavours i.e crayfish etc etc as time goes on.

Good luck wink

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 10:27am On Sep 15, 2015
RashMe:
Mama, my baby was like that too. d standing fan doesnt rotate, it faces her but not directly into d face (stomach level downward) i still put a shawl over her ans she has her cap on. Hope dis helps

Thanks ma'am God bless our LOs

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 10:34am On Sep 15, 2015
[quote author=igb400 post=38012814][/quote]

Lolz, how person go do na to carry am o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 11:36am On Sep 15, 2015
Tbaby4real:

Please don't be...... I'm a Ftm too and my daughter was like that 2 months ago. It was so hard for me cos she does not want anything except breastmilk but it's much better now. Try to get his/her favorite food like maybe breastfeed before offering solid as that will let baby knows that he or she still have access to breastmilk. I read some where that they don't want to take solid cos they are scared they won't have access to breastmilk again. Try different food for each three days so as to get his or her favorite. Pay attention to your own baby and see his or her respond to any food. Do not start doing so many things
Suggested to you as each baby are unique in their own way and they will definitely like different things....... I was crying some weeks back but so proud now as my baby eat everything I give to her. Don't be tired please.Good luck mama.
Thanks so much,your words have lifted my spirit.will try out your suggestion and see how it goes. *smiling*

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 11:41am On Sep 15, 2015
babythug:

sorry darling. It gets better with time, don't worry.

I'd say as much as you can time the feeds. Don't wait until she's cranky, sleepy or crying before preparing the food. You can try every three hours. Minimise distractions e.g other people or tv if possible. If you have a high chair, by all means use it. Do little quantity at a time.

If you can get someone else to feed her too, please try it. Sometimes its a matter of "see finish".

Then of course you can't breast feed her 10 minutes ago and attempt to give her pap. she won't take it.

Then you can start off with plain pap and just milk. Introduce other flavours i.e crayfish etc etc as time goes on.

Good luck wink
Thanks dear,I feel much better,I just started with plain pap and milk....I don't have a high chair yet and my husband leaves early for work and comes late cos of Lagos traffic.so I take care of her all alone...would ask him to feed her weekend let's see how it goes...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 11:53am On Sep 15, 2015
Mzora:
Thanks dear,I feel much better,I just started with plain pap and milk....I don't have a high chair yet and my husband leaves early for work and comes late cos of Lagos traffic.so I take care of her all alone...would ask him to feed her weekend let's see how it goes...

I used one locally produced plastic chair when my children where babies. Its low in height so there's no fear per se of falling from the chair. Please look around for it.

I've given mine out, would have put up a picture.

The concept of "sitting and being fed" may help the individual realise it's time for eating and not for faffing around grin grin grin

Please pace yourself as much as you can. routines and following schedules really help when caring for babies. Sorry to hear you have to do it all alone for now....

Don't worry baby will buy you jeeeeppppssss as compensation!

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oyin4luv: 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2015
Good afternoon all,pls hw many hours of sleep can a baby sleep in a day?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
babythug:

I used one locally produced plastic chair when my children where babies. Its low in height so there's no fear per se of falling from the chair. Please look around for it.

The concept of "sitting and being fed" may help the individual realise it's time for eating and not for faffing around grin grin grin

Please pace yourself as much as you can. routines and following schedules really help when caring for babies. Sorry to hear you have to do it all alone for now....

A Big AMEN to dat ...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 3:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
oyin4luv:
Good afternoon all,pls hw many hours of sleep can a baby sleep in a day?

It depends on ur baby ooo.. u knw dey ar different..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 4:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
babythug:

lol...thanks much for the encouragrment ...Amen to the prayer..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
Mzora,sorry dont worry your baby will later be used to eating well.Mine too was of that nature. You have to study her to know when and what to do to make her eat. If my baby is not distracted he doesnt like eating,i have to put him to watch tv to distract him,once he is watching people talking in the tv even if you put a whole pot of food down he will finish everything before realising what is happening. If there is no light,i have to sing, shake head or ask somebody to help me dance in front of him to just distract him and then he eats everything. It is well.
Sometimes i ask myself do i behave this way when i was a baby? MOTHERHOOD.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2015
Sori dear, u jst hv to b patient nd pray on it. Did I say pray on it! Yes pray on it cost it worked for me (woo I cry pass u). My DD was EBF nd refused different baby food nd pap I tried, even adult food.
Ha weight was so low at 9months dat I was ashamed of myself wen I went for immunization wen d nurses shook their heads. It was d paed at "ask d paediatrician" on facebook dat gave me d push. Dat nite I cried to God nd voila d nxt day my DD started eating adult food till date, she still rejected baby food which is even a blessing in disguise sef.

Its well wit u nd ur lo

Mzora:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
Good day All, My 3 month old baby regurgitates a lot whether she breastfeeds or takes formula. I complained at the hospital earlier but the Doc said there is no cause for alarm. I noticed that she throws out much of what she eats and her weight is not increasing as expected. Please advise

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.