Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,081 members, 7,828,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4420039 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 10:55pm On Sep 15, 2015
@esteria i'm being soo patient with her and she improved this evening,pray she continues and @mydreams25 I sang to her while feeding her this evening and she ate more....thanks dears..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 5:26am On Sep 16, 2015
Decision Time;

Everybody fall in oooooo, I need helep oooo,

My son is 7wks+ now, but 4mths is a couple of weeks away & i'm planning for next stage of Nutrition & want to get prepared...

Gerber cereals or Cerelac, please advise?

He is( & from 1st day of birth) on Exclusive breastmilk + Enfamil cheesy (in equal proportion) & doing very well ...

cc.;lovinam , kimoni ; kaffy4bill; sayoberry;

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 5:46am On Sep 16, 2015
modath:
Decision Time;

My son is 7wks+ now, but 4mths is a couple of weeks away & i'm planning for next stage of Nutrition & want to get prepared...

He is( & from 1st day of birth) on Exclusive breastmilk + Enfamil cheesy (in equal proportion) & doing very well ...

Why not do both? I used only gerber started out that way and later on my baby rejected cerelac when i tried to introduce it

Cerelac has more variety
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 5:47am On Sep 16, 2015
Durostay:
Good day All, My 3 month old baby regurgitates a lot whether she breastfeeds or takes formula. I complained at the hospital earlier but the Doc said there is no cause for alarm. I noticed that she throws out much of what she eats and her weight is not increasing as expected. Please advise

Does she projectile vomits?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 5:55am On Sep 16, 2015
favoredgal:

Why not do both? I used only gerber started out that way and later on my baby rejected cerelac when i tried to introduce it

Cerelac has more variety

Thanks my sis,appreciate....my son is going to take pap+ milk even amala & ewedu+ctayfish from 5mths...

Can i do one since we have other menu planned?

it's my beloved sis in law that is harassing me about gerber, telling me its the bomb diggity... smiley

I used frisogold for my 1st & multiple varieties of cerelac for my 2nd but it's a a couple of moons ago & want diverse opinions before committing. .

I am a rebranded FTM,.

@shawbabe,
Hi, if I'm not mistaken that looks like eela ( dont know the oyinbo name)..baby tribotan & whitfield ointment are quite good.

@Mzora,
Can you close eyes, be a "wicked" mummy & let baby be a lil famished before attempting to feed other foods?

If you are introducing a new menu & baby isn't hungry, she may not get with the new programme, if her stomach is empty , she is likely to savour any kind of sustenance & thereby get used to the taste..

Don't cry, it is well...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 5:55am On Sep 16, 2015
I started with purity now we do cerelac.
modath:
Decision Time;

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 8:53am On Sep 16, 2015
I did both gerber and cerelac but now only cerelac since he takes mainly adult food and milk

modath:
Decision Time;

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 10:56am On Sep 16, 2015
Mzora:
@esteria i'm being soo patient with her and she improved this evening,pray she continues and @mydreams25 I sang to her while feeding her this evening and she ate more....thanks dears..

I feel your pain sis. I literally fell into depression when my son showed me this kind of pepper. To cap it up, he also stopped BM at 6mths. I stopped going out cos people used to ask stewpid questions like, "Are you not feeding him?" "Why is he not big?" "You dress up fine, your pikin no fat" And many other stewpid stewpid comments. I had to switch to Enfamil because of the hogher fat content.

Till date, he is still not a big eater.I used to UnCloth myself to feed him his cereal...cos na fight we dey fight everytime!

God compensated me by giving me my daughter who can eat for Africa hehehe....no fight when it comes to that girl.

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 11:04am On Sep 16, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 11:06am On Sep 16, 2015
modath:
Decision Time;

Sori sis, just seeing dis plus no idea abt both oo. I do EBF for 6months and move to semo and wheat paste wit their milk and oda adult food. I b aje pako confirm. Ao is LBK and siblings. My love to them
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 11:30am On Sep 16, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Sori sis, just seeing dis plus no idea abt both oo. I do EBF for 6months and move to semo and wheat paste wit their milk and oda adult food. I b aje pako confirm. Ao is LBK and siblings. My love to them

Alaafia, the soldiers & princess are doing great i believe as well...

My own pako pass yours, na iroko my own be grin, but you know all dis indomie generation babies nah...

I did EBF for 4mths for my 1& 2 but LBK's Paed as soon as he was born put him on enfamil, milk & i just continued jare , E nor easy for old mummy,my sister...

@Nita2013,

Thanks, you started with gerber? when did you start?

@lovinam,

Thanks mama,had to Google cos i no sabi am.. wink purity in the individual jars or paper carton ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 11:49am On Sep 16, 2015
Mzora:
You are welcome,it will always get better.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
Dear mums, please I need advise, my son has been running temp since yesterday, I gave him nurofen and he seem ok, when I checked him temp at night it was really high 101, I gave him d nurofen again, he woke up crying and feeling all cranky, today is his 1st birthday and he has been crying all day, though he is sprouting another set of teeth altogether 10 now, he never had high temp while teething. What should I do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
modath:

Alaafia, the soldiers & princess are doing great i believe as well...

My own pako pass yours, na iroko my own be grin, but you know all dis indomie generation babies nah...

I did EBF for 4mths for my 1& 2 but LBK's Paed as soon as he was born put him on enfamil, milk & i just continued jare , E nor easy for old mummy,my sister...

grin, they r fine oo sis. God wil help us
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 1:04pm On Sep 16, 2015
mimibe:
Dear mums, please I need advise, my son has been running temp since yesterday, I gave him nurofen and he seem ok, when I checked him temp at night it was really high 101, I gave him d nurofen again, he woke up crying and feeling all cranky, today is his 1st birthday and he has been crying all day, though he is sprouting another set of teeth altogether 10 now, he never had high temp while teething. What should I do?

Sori sis, ao is his feeding? Blocked nose? ... Wil advice to take him see d doc. It's well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 16, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Sori sis, ao is his feeding? Blocked nose? ... Wil advice to take him see d doc. It's well
he is feeding well, though he has running nose and started coughing this morning, he has been playing well too. Will take him to the doc. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2015
Modath. Its gerber rice first. Mix with either BM or formula. Cerelac is advisable from 6 months. Plus gerber rice is bland and tasteless unlike cerelac.

Paeds too recommend gerber rice first because if our baby is allergic to nuts (found in other foods esp cerelac wheat) etc, u may not know on time.

But if you also want to get cerelac, the rice and milk will be fine (but its from 6 months tho)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 5:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
Update on the twins
6 months two weeks old cranky twins

Food taken: cerelac, mashed yam And fish, amala and ewedu, pap and soya, oranges, sma.

Drugs taken; capol, abidec, and teething powder.

Milestone and problems:
twin boy has 6 teeth (first 4 down, and his two canine up) sits up but still wobbly, crawls on his tummy, spits out all d food given wth spoon, drinks water like no tomoro, currently has severe nappy rash, hates cold water to the moon, loves when I sing, the sight of bread makes him happy. doesn't like when you put him down to carry his sister, hates when u kiss him, sleeps through the night without food and hates cerelac with all his might!.

Twingirl stands on her two feet while holding something, sits perfectly, instead of crawling she hops like a frog on the bed or floor. Has two tEeth, actually its one and half grin likes to kiss everybody, dances to any song or no song at all. Eats anything food with Pepper or no pepper, doesn't mind if the water is cold or not as long as its a bath. Eats 5-6 times at midnight before morning. Doesn't like the bottle, prefers spoon. Doesn't like cap, socks, blankets, shawls or any other material except onesies. Doesn't like to play alone, cries for her brothers toys even when they have the same one, likes to bite and pinch.- and cry too.

And they talk too
Girl: (shouts) achababa abababa ummmmmm ummmm acha acha
Boy: babababababa (shouts) ababababa abuuuuu abuuuu aaaaaabbbuuu

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 5:22pm On Sep 16, 2015
Abeg mamas, make una answer me this time cos my previous 2 posts, nobody responded cry. Can I grind normal quaker oats and feed my LO or there is a special oats for babies?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 5:30pm On Sep 16, 2015
FexCathy:
Abeg mamas, make una answer me this time cos my previous 2 posts, nobody responded cry. Can I grind normal quaker oats and feed my LO or there is a special oats for babies?

Yes you can. I even prefer it to amala
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Megilicious(f): 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
Gud evening mamas in d ouz, pls ow can I encourage my Lo to crawl, she sits very well bt dosent seem interested in crawling evn wen placed on her tummy. She's 4mths+ will b 5 on d 30th. Pls wat can I do. Hope she isn't late @ it am worried. Tnks mums may Almighty God bless n kip our Lo's.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 5:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
sayoberry:
Update on the twins

Food taken: cerelac, mashed yam And fish, amala and ewedu, pap and soya, oranges, sma.

Milestone and problems:
twin boy has 6 teeth (first 4 down, and his two canine up) sits up but still wobbly, crawls on his tummy, spits out all d food given wth spoon, drinks water like no tomoro, currently has severe nappy rash, hates cold water to the moon, loves when I sing, the sight of bread makes him happy. doesn't like when you put him down to carry his sister, hates when u kiss him, sleeps through the night without food and hates cerelac with all his might!.

Twingirl stands on her two feet while holding something, sits perfectly, instead of crawling she hops like a frog on the bed or floor. Has two tEeth, actually its one and half grin likes to kiss everybody, dances to any song or no song at all. Eats anything food with Pepper or no pepper, doesn't mind if the water is cold or not as long as its a bath. Eats 5-6 times at midnight before morning. Doesn't like the bottle, prefers spoon. Doesn't like cap, socks, blankets, shawls or any other material except onesies. Doesn't like to play alone, cries for her brothers toys even when they have the same one, likes to bite and pinch.- and cry too.

And they talk too

Hmmmmm. Laffing as I read dis, God bless dem for u and our los too... Hope u have extra hand to help wit them my lov and kisses to them
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 5:39pm On Sep 16, 2015
Megilicious:
Gud evening mamas in d ouz, pls ow can I encourage my Lo to crawl, she sits very well bt dosent seem interested in crawling evn wen placed on her tummy. She's 4mths+ will b 5 on d 30th. Pls wat can I do. Hope she isn't late @ it am worried. Tnks mums may Almighty God bless n kip our Lo's.

She's nt late. Stay calm sis, she wil achieve her milestones accordingly. Nt all babies crawl b4 walking. My love to her.. Hope dis helps

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 5:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
FexCathy:
There's Gerber oatmeal for babies, I didn't have great luck with it sha, my boy always have greenish poop minutes after eating it.
U can grind normal oats and cook, try use rolled oats instead of quick cooking oat, its more nutritious
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Megilicious(f): 5:52pm On Sep 16, 2015
kaffy4bill:

She's nt late. Stay calm sis, she wil achieve her milestones accordingly. Nt all babies crawl b4 walking. My love to her.. Hope dis helps

Yes tnks, she can now stand while holding me just 4 some mins n its lyk wen she's standing she's happy. She feels ontop of d world coz she kips looking around, its only wen placed on her tummy 2 sleep and she wakes up, she kinds of Lyk stretches n DAT makes her move back wards, lyk a backward movemnt, dunno if its part of it. Just noticed it on Mon
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2015
@sayoberry, well done. Ur post cracked me up rotfl. Twin boy sha wan chop chicken...all those teeth, am amazed. Twin girl sounds like my boy.
Keep up the good work, God will continue to strengthen u.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
Mothers pls, these stamped eggs (funtuna and co), are they better/healthier than unstamped ones? Abi Na marketing gimmick?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lamdec(f): 6:54pm On Sep 16, 2015
Hello all mamas in the house, how are we doing. I know we have all gone through child birth experiences so I know we can relate to what I am to say.
Since I had my baby, I have been feeling some how, I don't know if it's depressed or irritating and my challenge is this. I was naked a lot during my child birth process and a lot of people inserted their hands inside me in the name of checking my cervix. I cringe any time I remember this even as I am typing I am barely holding it together, it's not been easy for me.
After some days I had my baby, I had to go back to the hospital cos I was bleeding profusely, by the way I had a c-section, so I had another dose of being touched and different things been inserted down there to help remove blood clots.
The thing now is I haven't been over this incidences, I feel highly uncomfortable in my own skin, I can't stand being naked, I can't stand not wearing pants, I feel so vulnerable.
As much as I understand that all they did was to safe my life, I just don't get how I feel, I haven't even been able to talk to my husband about it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Megilicious(f): 7:19pm On Sep 16, 2015
lamdec:
Hello all mamas in the house, how are we doing. I know we have all gone through child birth experiences so I know we can relate to what I am to say.
Since I had my baby, I have been feeling some how, I don't know if it's depressed or irritating and my challenge is this. I was naked a lot during my child birth process and a lot of people inserted their hands inside me in the name of checking my cervix. I cringe any time I remember this even as I am typing I am barely holding it together, it's not been easy for me.
After some days I had my baby, I had to go back to the hospital cos I was bleeding profusely, by the way I had a c-section, so I had another dose of being touched and different things been inserted down there to help remove blood clots.
The thing now is I haven't been over this incidences, I feel highly uncomfortable in my own skin, I can't stand being naked, I can't stand not wearing pants, I feel so vulnerable.
As much as I understand that all they did was to safe my life, I just don't get how I feel, I haven't even been able to talk to my husband about it.

Hmmmmm I understand ow u feel, There's no woman who wasn't poked, just Dats d way we c it oh. Evn me as a 1st time mum If I remember d different fingers DAT poked me, both male n female doctors n nurses I cringe. Bt u just av 2 get ova it. N pray also, do d tinz DAT make u happy, take care of that God given precious Lo of urs and if it makes u still sad, talk 2 ur husband abt it, let it out ok. All is well DAT is good O'Le motherhood 4 u. If ur pregnant again its still d same process u will pass thru. Takecare of ur slf and b happy ok. D lords ur muscle pull.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2015
sayoberry:

Yes you can. I even prefer it to amala
Thank u sayoberry.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
sayoberry:
Update on the twins

Milestone and problems:

And they talk too
Aint they such a delight! More grease to ur elbows jare. Well work!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 7:58pm On Sep 16, 2015
shndy:

There's Gerber oatmeal for babies, I didn't have great luck with it sha, my boy always have greenish poop minutes after eating it.
U can grind normal oats and cook, try use rolled oats instead of quick cooking oat, its more nutritious
Thanks shndy, but which is the rolled oats? Just know of the quick cooking one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.