Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,606 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4395384 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 17, 2015
babythug:

I feel you! Pele it is well.

Happy birthday to the little man by the way grin
thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 10:28am On Sep 17, 2015
goosebumps:
Good morning mums
right now I'm at a total loss of what to do. Im so sad and depressed.
My 8wk old started purging about a week ago or so I thought. Went to the hospital and was given amoxicilin though there was no fever. The frequency of poop reduced for two days and started again on Sunday.
I went to a paediatrician this time. He saw the poop and said it was actually normal but ordered a full blood count nd malaria test.
After the results he prescribed an antibiotic and antimalarial. My boy has been vomiting, dull and sleeping all day since he started taking these drugs. In fact he seemed a lot healthier before the drugs.
He is onEBF. Should I stop the drugs and hope that whatever bug he has will go away on its own?
pls be giving him ors as he is vomiting ad purging.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 10:29am On Sep 17, 2015
Pls my 7months old has this stuborn rashes on his neck since last month. I do put agnesia powder every morning and night but its not clearing, i noticed that everytime i apply the powder he sneezes as if the powder is affecting his nose. Pls mamas what else can i use to clear this stuborn rash,its only on the neck. Is there any home natural remedy too?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 10:38am On Sep 17, 2015
hi everyone, pls we noticed some rash/pimple like stuffs on our just 2weeks old baby's body, and her crying seems increasing lately... we use ori mixed with skineal to rub body. ....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 10:45am On Sep 17, 2015
goosebumps:
Good morning mums
right now I'm at a total loss of what to do. Im so sad and depressed.
My 8wk old started purging about a week ago or so I thought. Went to the hospital and was given amoxicilin though there was no fever. The frequency of poop reduced for two days and started again on Sunday.
I went to a paediatrician this time. He saw the poop and said it was actually normal but ordered a full blood count nd malaria test.
After the results he prescribed an antibiotic and antimalarial. My boy has been vomiting, dull and sleeping all day since he started taking these drugs. In fact he seemed a lot healthier before the drugs.
He is onEBF. Should I stop the drugs and hope that whatever bug he has will go away on its own?
madam, get that child back to the hospital. i wil never 4get the experience i had which i won't share. pls, dat sleep is not a good one cos is as a result of weakness. he needs urgent attention.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lamdec(f): 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2015
mimibe:
thanks, he is a lot better today. I did d tepid sponge bath and his temp reduced, my issue wit hospitals in my area( ajah) is that a lot of the docs are internet doc! They don't even conduct a test 1st, they just assume and make prescription. I know whta I went thru when I was pregnant. Menh!
Try Safeway hospital at sangotedo, they are quite good from my little experience with them. I started using them for my son after I had him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 12:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
FexCathy:
Abeg mamas, make una answer me this time cos my previous 2 posts, nobody responded cry. Can I grind normal quaker oats and feed my LO or there is a special oats for babies?

you can use Heinz Oats & apple cereals. They have other flavors that has oats too

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 1:15pm On Sep 17, 2015
Please read

Ask The Paediatricians: TEETHING IN CHILDREN AND ANSWERS TO THE TEETHING QUESTIONS - http://www.askthepaediatricians.com/2015/07/teething-in-children-and-teething.html?m=1
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goosebumps: 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
Thanks to all that replied.
Didn't give him the drugs this morning and he is strong and sucking well. Will be back to the hospital this evening
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
goosebumps:
Thanks to all that replied.
Didn't give him the drugs this morning and he is strong and sucking well. Will be back to the hospital this evening

Most antibiotics are too strong for an 8 week old baby. I had to stop one drug I was prescribed for my son, cos it kept knocking him out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
ayobarmy:
hi everyone, pls we noticed some rash/pimple like stuffs on our just 2weeks old baby's body, and her crying seems increasing lately... we use ori mixed with skineal to rub body. ....
Pls stop the use of skineal, it is a strong steroid. Not suitable as a body cream. D side effect is terrible in adults not to talk of a baby.
Rashes like that is pretty common on newborns. It'll clear out. In d meantime u can use Savlon in her bath water and don't burst d rash!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 3:07pm On Sep 17, 2015
MGeey:
I just saw this on FrontPage, thought I should share. https://www.nairaland.com/2602275/how-internet-helped-restore-babys

What do you guys think?

mmh. soya. interesting read. I know soya is good but it seems that there is still no certainty about its effects. some scientists think it can have negative effects. same with wheat cos of its high gluten content.

because of the uncertainty with these foods I prefer to stay away.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 3:11pm On Sep 17, 2015
ayobarmy:

Can you put up a picture of the rash?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gsawlah(f): 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
mydreams25:
Pls my 7months old has this stuborn rashes on his neck since last month. I do put agnesia powder every morning and night but its not clearing, i noticed that everytime i apply the powder he sneezes as if the powder is affecting his nose. Pls mamas what else can i use to clear this stuborn rash,its only on the neck. Is there any home natural remedy too?

Use baby Tribotan cream for him.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gsawlah(f): 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2015
ayobarmy:

You can try baby tribotan.... Its a cream. I've used it before and i still use it for my 2yr old, for me it works like magic.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2015
babythug:

Can you put up a picture of the rash?
I will when i get home...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 6:28pm On Sep 17, 2015
Gsawlah:

You can try baby tribotan.... Its a cream. I've used it before and i still use it for my 2yr old, for me it works like magic.
if i buy this, will i stop the ori for now?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by euphorbia(f): 9:30pm On Sep 17, 2015
Kimoni:

So my dear Modath, me I no dey give cerelac oooo. At 6 months, my young chap weighed 8.5kg coming from 3.1kg birth weight oo shocked shocked he had bursted the weight chart and I was advised to look for a gym that accepts 6 months old. Na that gym I still dey look for since that time oo

Fear dey catch me ooo.my baby boy weighed 8.5kg @ 15 weeks 4days ,from 3kg @ birth,6kg @ 11 weeks.abi the scale is faulty ni?my baby boy was on breastmilk only as @ then....gym Hearing gym for babies for the first time.how ll I gym almost 5 months baby?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lamdec(f): 9:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
mydreams25:
Peadeatricians often advise against the use of powders in babies cos they tend to inhale the fine particles of the powder, why not see a doctor, I know a lot of people prescribed baby tribotan, I use Shea Butter mixed with coconut oil though and it works for me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 9:47pm On Sep 17, 2015
euphorbia:

Fear dey catch me ooo.my baby boy weighed 8.5kg @ 15 weeks 4days ,from 3kg @ birth,6kg @ 11 weeks.abi the scale is faulty ni?my baby boy was on breastmilk only as @ then....gym Hearing gym for babies for the first time.how ll I gym almost 5 months baby?

Waoh! you got a big baby as well.

Were you given a growth chart when you gave birth? You can plot his weight and height on it just to keep track.

Again, which scale do you use? Baby scale? It has to be the same scale every time.

Since your baby is on breastmilk, then I guess you have nothing to worry about. You might just need to avoid these calories-fortified cereals when she start taking solids and give her more nutritious food.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by biggal: 10:04pm On Sep 17, 2015
Mamas pls help me my 3months old baby poos abt 2tyms a day n d poo is greenish watery n foamy. I hv told a doc bt he said its because of EBF bt am worried pls could it be infection
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chikkyB: 10:16pm On Sep 17, 2015
just perfect for our babies tender skin and affordable .you can place u orders by calling 08068269308 or add same number on whatsapp.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 11:18pm On Sep 17, 2015
ayobarmy:
Pls pls pls stop using skineal, newborn rash is normal and would clear up. What kind of detergent is used to wash her clothes?
In addition, don't over dress her. Babies need 1 extra layer more of clothing than an adult to be comfortable.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 5:35am On Sep 18, 2015
biggal:
Mamas pls help me my 3months old baby poos abt 2tyms a day n d poo is greenish watery n foamy. I hv told a doc bt he said its because of EBF bt am worried pls could it be infection

It is not an infection. Seems like your baby is not taking enough hind milk. Ensure your baby empties one br east, before moving to the other one, at each feeding. My first cild had the same issue,but when i started emptying one b reast , before switching, it stopped.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 5:53am On Sep 18, 2015
I actually started with Heinz at 5months and ogi, then gradually added gerber at 6months then Cerelac at 7months.

modath:

Alaafia, the soldiers & princess are doing great i believe as well...

My own pako pass yours, na iroko my own be grin, but you know all dis indomie generation babies nah...

I did EBF for 4mths for my 1& 2 but LBK's Paed as soon as he was born put him on enfamil, milk & i just continued jare , E nor easy for old mummy,my sister...

@Nita2013,

Thanks, you started with gerber? when did you start?

@lovinam,

Thanks mama,had to Google cos i no sabi am.. wink purity in the individual jars or paper carton ?

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 6:20am On Sep 18, 2015
Beryl15:

Pls pls pls stop using skineal, newborn rash is normal and would clear up. What kind of detergent is used to wash her clothes?
In addition, don't over dress her. Babies need 1 extra layer more of clothing than an adult to be comfortable.
Thanks. we use premier soap for washing and joy soap for bath
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 6:25am On Sep 18, 2015
pls mamas how do I keep my baby's pap fresh for a long time before I get home and make another....how well will a warmer or flask work..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 6:27am On Sep 18, 2015
ayobarmy:
Is Joy soap not for adults? Abi is der joy soap for babies.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 6:36am On Sep 18, 2015
ayobarmy:
Premier soap is fine. You can also try non-bio Persil detergent, it's baby friendly.
If the rash bothers you so much you can try %1 hydrocortisone cream or see a Pedi to precribe something to use.
No vex Abeg, is the joy soap for your baby?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 6:40am On Sep 18, 2015
Mzora:
pls mamas how do I keep my baby's pap fresh for a long time before I get home and make another....how well will a warmer or flask work..
A good flask works well, up to 12 hours.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 6:58am On Sep 18, 2015
Beryl15:

A good flask works well, up to 12 hours.
thanks dear,can u recommend a good and portable small flask I can easily carry and pls can I mix the milk b4 pouring into the flask??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oyin4luv: 7:23am On Sep 18, 2015
Good Morning All,
Apart from detergent.Can bar soap be used to wash babies cloth,if yes.Kindly assist to recommend which brand is preferable.And is it adviceable to use washing machine for babies cloth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.