Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,788 members, 7,827,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4416687 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2015
favoredgal:

Did u find that stuff she said on your own pack
I saw GM is not an infant cereal on my own pack. Thanks for the tips.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 8:32pm On Dec 12, 2015
Hmmm, my first didn't stop waking up at night till she was 1. It was hard, there were times that I cried, googled, nothing worked, but twas a phase and it passed. She started sitting late too 6M,I don't think u should worry, just keep supporting with pillows. It will come to pass.......
Keji3:
Good morning mamas how are we all doing?
I have plenty questions this morning abeg make una bear with me and help me answer them. When do babies start sleeping for longer hours thru the night? My baby is 5 months old and we still wake up minimum of 5 times per night and she wants to comfort nurse everytime she wakes up to go back to sleep.
Pls is it necessary to teach a baby to sit or they do when they are ready? She's also not interested in sitting on her own and people are already bugging me that i didn't start early with her. For now she's only interested in rolling over and she's already rolling on both sides.
Lemme stop here for now as i await answers. Thanks in advance
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by igb400: 10:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
Good evening all the mama's in the house. Pls has anyone taken fenugreek supplement to aid the flow of breast milk. I really want to breastfeed my 2nd LO. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 12, 2015
Good evening sabi mums. Pls is there anyone who knows Whr I can get a bodysuit and tutu skirt for my baby's first christmas. She is 11 months. Most of the ones iv seen online are for 0-6months. Awaiting your kind response. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumcshyn: 11:29pm On Dec 12, 2015
Pls mothers in ekiti n ondo states where can I get ROTAVIRUS, MMR, for my LO
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 12:53am On Dec 13, 2015
Hello mamas,pls is it normal 4 babies 2 move on their belly wen trying 2 pick up something? I noticed dat whenever I keep a toy 4 my lo 2 play wit when he's sitting down,he wil stretch 2 pick it n end up on his tummy b4 u knw it he wil be moving on his tummy....Pls is it ok? TIA
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 4:57am On Dec 13, 2015
proudmom38:
Hello mamas,pls is it normal 4 babies 2 move on their belly wen trying 2 pick up something? I noticed dat whenever I keep a toy 4 my lo 2 play wit when he's sitting down,he wil stretch 2 pick it n end up on his tummy b4 u knw it he wil be moving on his tummy....Pls is it ok? TIA

Nothing is wrong with it. When my baby was doing that, his day care nanny asked me if I ate snail while pregnant. She said whenever he does that, I should use turning garri stick to turn him.

Did I answer her? Hell no cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 6:45am On Dec 13, 2015
mitche15:
Hmmm, my first didn't stop waking up at night till she was 1. It was hard, there were times that I cried, googled, nothing worked, but twas a phase and it passed. She started sitting late too 6M,I don't think u should worry, just keep supporting with pillows. It will come to pass.......

Ha 1 ke abeg o make she no do dat too me, the past one and the half months has been hell for me I can't imagine taking it for another 7 months. This should pass quickly. Thanks I appreciate
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 6:48am On Dec 13, 2015
proudmom38:

Its normal o, my baby does it too. Its called army/snake crawl me i prefer to call it army crawl sha God forbid snake tins lolz. I read its in preparation for crawling very soon u'll see him doing 360 degree on his tummy when u place him on the bed or mat on the floor.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 6:50am On Dec 13, 2015
rezzy:

Nothing is wrong with it. When my baby was doing that, his day care nanny asked me if I ate snail while pregnant. She said whenever he does that, I should use turning garri stick to turn him.

That nanny is funny, if na me na dat day my baby go stop the creche cos i'll always believe she might be using turning stick to turn him when i'm away. God save us from all this unecessary myths.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 6:57am On Dec 13, 2015
mimzy:
Good evening sabi mums. Pls is there anyone who knows Whr I can get a bodysuit and tutu skirt for my baby's first christmas. She is 11 months. Most of the ones iv seen online are for 0-6months. Awaiting your kind response. Thanks

Pls what sites did u get the ones for 0-6months? I've been searching for my baby too. Thanks i appreciate
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmum15: 9:38am On Dec 13, 2015
Keji3:
Good morning mamas how are we all doing?
I have plenty questions this morning abeg make una bear with me and help me answer them. When do babies start sleeping for longer hours thru the night? My baby is 5 months old and we still wake up minimum of 5 times per night and she wants to comfort nurse everytime she wakes up to go back to sleep.
Pls is it necessary to teach a baby to sit or they do when they are ready? She's also not interested in sitting on her own and people are already bugging me that i didn't start early with her. For now she's only interested in rolling over and she's already rolling on both sides.
Lemme stop here for now as i await answers. Thanks in advance
My sister we're in the same boat right now.My son just turned 5 months and I wake up 5 times to feed him before morning.I tried giving him cereal the day he turned 5 months,he totally refused it,I tried giving him baby formula(cos he took it before my breast milk started flowing and I felt the transition from breast milk to cereal might be too much for him)but he refused that also.I didn't know switching from breast milk to cereal or other semi solids can be that hard.Right now I don gba kamu that I prolly have to keep waking up to feed him a lot till he's 6 months (hopefully he'll want other food then)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 12:20pm On Dec 13, 2015
igb400:
Good evening all the mama's in the house. Pls has anyone taken fenugreek supplement to aid the flow of breast milk. I really want to breastfeed my 2nd LO. Thanks

It works. I took it for months. Just keep dehydrated and eat well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 12:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
rezzy:

For the sake of curiosity, could you give her a doll and a garri turning stick to demonstrate the technique grin for posterity sake.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
Keji3 and Newmum15,

I'm totally in the same boat and Baby E is constantly waking at night. We are trying to sleep train her but shes just starting cereals. We will have to ignore her cries at night and we've noticed that if she wakes up less, she sleeps better. So it's to get earplugs and hope for the best till she learns how to self-soothe.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmum15: 12:42pm On Dec 13, 2015
Onegai:
Keji3 and Newmum15,

I'm totally in the same boat and Baby E is constantly waking at night. We are trying to sleep train her but shes just starting cereals. We will have to ignore her cries at night and we've noticed that if she wakes up less, she sleeps better. So it's to get earplugs and hope for the best till she learns how to self-soothe.
Pls what technique did you use for her to collect cereal?Cos I need to start feeding my baby.If my son wakes up fully in the middle of the night,I can as well kiss any hope of sleep goodbye that night.Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 1:18pm On Dec 13, 2015
Newmum15:
My sister we're in the same boat right now.My son just turned 5 months and I wake up 5 times to feed him before morning.I tried giving him cereal the day he turned 5 months,he totally refused it,I tried giving him baby formula(cos he took it before my breast milk started flowing and I felt the transition from breast milk to cereal might be too much for him)but he refused that also.I didn't know switching from breast milk to cereal or other semi solids can be that hard.Right now I don gba kamu that I prolly have to keep waking up to feed him a lot till he's 6 months (hopefully he'll want other food then)

After trying to get her to take formula for a month, she just woke up one day and started accepting it but for cereal she took it right from the first day i introduced it. Pls just keep at it and be consistent i was always complaining on this forum when my baby refused to take the bottle to the extent that i was spoonfeeding formula (things my eyes have seen). My sister switching from breastmilk to other food for some of us is like war o may God help us all. Stay strong this too shall pass
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 1:22pm On Dec 13, 2015
Onegai:
Keji3 and Newmum15,

I allowed her to cry yesterday night but couldn't stand it any more after like 10 mins cos she was ready to bring down the roof. I think co-sleeping is making it difficult to ignore her. She sleeps better too and wakes up happy whenever she wakes up less.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 2:30pm On Dec 13, 2015
Newmum15:
Pls what technique did you use for her to collect cereal?Cos I need to start feeding my baby.If my son wakes up fully in the middle of the night,I can as well kiss any hope of sleep goodbye that night.Lol

Singing with the spoon. Seriously and let baby constantly watch you eat so they get used. to. the idea that food comes sitting upright and in a spoon and not a bottle.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 2:43pm On Dec 13, 2015
You can make one @ tutu
mimzy:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 3:39pm On Dec 13, 2015
rezzy:

Thanks ma 4 ur response...Lol @d turning garri stick.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 3:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
Keji3:

Its normal o, my baby does it too. Its called army/snake crawl me i prefer to call it army crawl sha God forbid snake tins lolz. I read its in preparation for crawling very soon u'll see him doing 360 degree on his tummy when u place him on the bed or mat on the floor.

Wow thanks sis.Cant wait 2 see my lil proudy crawling! Snake ke?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2015
My does it.i think its normal,i use to be worried.she started crawlin@5months.she z gonna be 6mnths dec 20th and boy zino z a handful.
Keji3:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 13, 2015
Keji3:

Pls what sites did u get the ones for 0-6months? I've been searching for my baby too. Thanks i appreciate

Simplyinfants.com
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 13, 2015
lovinam:
You can make one @ tutu

Good idea. Thanks mam. Il possible get a plain bodysuit and customise it too

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 5:58pm On Dec 13, 2015
proudmom38:

some are lyk that,my mum said our first son did that for 2 mths and started walking without crawling.each to his own pattern
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 6:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
Yup!! I made one recently
mimzy:

Good idea. Thanks mam. Il possible get a plain bodysuit and customise it too

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goldmine(f): 6:54pm On Dec 13, 2015
Hello Mamas, please I have some questions that have been bugging me. 1. How long after delivery via c-section can one take a normal bath as was obtainable before delivery? 2. How long after c-section can kpekusing start? 3.three weeks after delivery i'm still experiencing intense nipple pain when I breast feed. I've been using Avent nipple cream and it only gives slight relief. What can I do? 4. The stretch marks that appeared on my stomach during pregnancy hurt me now. Hot,peppery feeling like that. Any remedy for it? Thanks in advance for your responses.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goldmine(f): 6:56pm On Dec 13, 2015
lovinam:
Please tell, how did you make it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 13, 2015
lovinam:

Pls can u make for me. What's d cost. Alongside d tutu. I want two dfrnt tutu
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by igb400: 10:13pm On Dec 13, 2015
Onegai:

It works. I took it for months. Just keep dehydrated and eat well.

Thanks for the reply... my DD will be 1year jan. want to start giving her tea to drink. Pls which is best for her? Milo, hollicks, bornvita or any other u can suggest.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
igb400:

Thanks for the reply... my DD will be 1year jan. want to start giving her tea to drink. Pls which is best for her? Milo, hollicks, bornvita or any other u can suggest.

my dear, I dunno. I think all 3 are the same in my eyes. Perhaps other mamas can answer better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.