Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,026 members, 7,828,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4419817 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 10:40pm On Dec 13, 2015
igb400:
Good evening all the mama's in the house. Pls has anyone taken fenugreek supplement to aid the flow of breast milk. I really want to breastfeed my 2nd LO. Thanks

What really works is putting the baby to the breast constantly. And also pumping to trick your body into providing more milk

It's a demand and supply process, the more you demand the more the body produces to supply

So if your baby feeds every 2 hr you can pump in btw, will really help stimulate the supply process
P.s I took fenugreek and it was a waste of time to me! What helped was the above

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 12:14am On Dec 14, 2015
Lol! Just get the right materials and ur tailor can make it.find where they sell sample materials, that's where u can get the best stuff for it.
mimzy:

Pls can u make for me. What's d cost. Alongside d tutu. I want two dfrnt tutu

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soniabrenda(f): 12:19am On Dec 14, 2015
viviparity:
pls my sabi mama's is there any way I can increase my baby's weight or what to give her.she is on ebf ,-she was 3.2at birth,at 6weeks 4.5 now at 10weeks she is 4.7.or is it ok?.secondly she has never been given pcv nd Rota due to they don't hv.pls has any body in ph gotten it,which L.G.A pls.
. my baby has taken her own . health of the sick in obio/akpor
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmum15: 3:01am On Dec 14, 2015
Keji3:

After trying to get her to take formula for a month, she just woke up one day and started accepting it but for cereal she took it right from the first day i introduced it. Pls just keep at it and be consistent i was always complaining on this forum when my baby refused to take the bottle to the extent that i was spoonfeeding formula (things my eyes have seen). My sister switching from breastmilk to other food for some of us is like war o may God help us all. Stay strong this too shall pass
Loool....ill keep at it.Thanks for the encouragement maama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmum15: 3:04am On Dec 14, 2015
Onegai:

Singing with the spoon. Seriously and let baby constantly watch you eat so they get used. to. the idea that food comes sitting upright and in a spoon and not a bottle.
Reason I felt he was ready for other food apart from solid was cos of how he looks at me when I'm eating.Sometimes he'll grab my hand if it's close sef,only to try the food and he's refusing them.I'll keep trying and hopefully he'll take them.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 5:01am On Dec 14, 2015
goldmine:
Hello Mamas, please I have some questions that have been bugging me. 1. How long after delivery via c-section can one take a normal bath as was obtainable before delivery? 2. How long after c-section can kpekusing start? 3.three weeks after delivery i'm still experiencing intense nipple pain when I breast feed. I've been using Avent nipple cream and it only gives slight relief. What can I do? 4. The stretch marks that appeared on my stomach during pregnancy hurt me now. Hot,peppery feeling like that. Any remedy for it? Thanks in advance for your responses.

U ve not started bathing? As long as ur stitches are off, I don't c any reason y u shldnt bathe. For kpekus, it varies wt pple. Since ur vjay was not tampered wt, oga can just start gently anytym from nw. Are ur nipples cracked? Does ur lo latch well whyl breastfeeding? Make sure ur areaolar and nipple are both in his mouth nt just d nipple. For d stretch marks, u cld b applying ori. Heard it works tho it takes tym.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goldmine(f): 6:04am On Dec 14, 2015
tchiwinnie:
U ve not started bathing? As long as ur stitches are off, I don't c any reason y u shldnt bathe. For kpekus, it varies wt pple. Since ur vjay was not tampered wt, oga can just start gently anytym from nw. Are ur nipples cracked? Does ur lo latch well whyl breastfeeding? Make sure ur areaolar and nipple are both in his mouth nt just d nipple. For d stretch marks, u cld b applying ori. Heard it works tho it takes tym.

Thanks for the response. Yes, nipples are cracked and sore. DS seems to latch well but DD's mouth is small. Even getting the nipple alone into her mouth successfully is when she's practically screaming. Would keep trying to get them both to latch properly.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:23am On Dec 14, 2015
goldmine:

Thanks for the response. Yes, nipples are cracked and sore. DS seems to latch well but DD's mouth is small. Even getting the nipple alone into her mouth successfully is when she's practically screaming. Would keep trying to get them both to latch properly.

Ask her pediatrician to check if she has either Upper Lip tie or Tongue Tie. There's a Yoruba name for it. It's a piece of muscle which develops pretty thick and stops babies from being able to open their mouths properly. They usually cut it or laser it off but some people leave it and hope it reduces by itself when the child is a teenager.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 10:03am On Dec 14, 2015
goldmine:

A few drops of breastmilk on d nipple helps heal cracked nipples. U ll hv to try to mk her latch properly o.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2015
soniabrenda:
Please Ma, when did you take your baby there? Also were you charged for the vaccines & how much? I would also like to take my BG for hers as she hasn't reveived PCV since she was born and she is 11wks today. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 12:19pm On Dec 14, 2015
mimzy:
Good evening sabi mums. Pls is there anyone who knows Whr I can get a bodysuit and tutu skirt for my baby's first christmas. She is 11 months. Most of the ones iv seen online are for 0-6months. Awaiting your kind response. Thanks

This woman, you like better thing for your dd. I have a contact who brands my first christmas on bibs and bodysuit. i will send his contact and pictures of the one he did for my dd via E-mail.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 12:41pm On Dec 14, 2015
oniadedoyin:
the poop is still the yellow one, soft bt not as watery as the one he poo wen he has diarrhea den, he was dehydrated den. Bt now he poo d yellow soft one after each breastfeed. N shd i be worried abt abt his neck muscle not strong yet, he will be 3 month on Tuesday.
mama, diarrhea no be small tin expecialy 4 baby dat young. he is still weak. pls just suport his head. he will be okay. tank God he made it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nggie(f): 3:07pm On Dec 14, 2015
Able Mamas in d house, i jst started giving my DS Friso gold rice cereal. My question is hw long can he go b4 pooing. N.B I give him water afta feeding n hw many ounce of water is ok for him. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 4:21pm On Dec 14, 2015
TUTU MAKING TUTORIAL

I haven't made one but I made something with the concept for an adult, so it's not hard.

If you have a day, you can make it (I don't know any tailors right now).

You can find all the materials pretty easily: the knit base is the same they use for hairbands or just buy elastic and tulle. Shikena. And you don't need to sew (because I can barely sew but it's easy).

If you don't want the tutu layers to be the same length, cut the top layers shorter than the bottom layers. So if your lower length is 6" cut 4" for the top layer.

Measure the tulle into the length for the baby and then tie it round the band, add more tulle to make it full. Fluff when you're done or add a bow.

If you know your tailor can do it, let him/her do it. But a tutu is really easy to make.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2015
Onegai:
TUTU MAKING TUTORIAL

I haven't made one but I made something with the concept for an adult, so it's not hard.

You can find all the materials pretty easily: the knit base is the same they use for hairbands or just buy elastic and tulle. Shikena. And you don't need to sew (because I can barely sew but it's easy).

If you don't want the tutu layers to be the same length, cut the top layers shorter than the bottom layers. So if your lower length is 6" cut 4" for the top layer.

Measure the tulle into the length for the baby and then tie it round the band, add more tulle to make it full. Fluff when you're done or add a bow.

If you know your tailor can do it, let him/her do it. But a tutu is really easy to make.

Waoh this is so cool.... I'll try and see if i can diy. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummy2be: 6:07pm On Dec 14, 2015
MiracleMum:

This woman, you like better thing for your dd. I have a contact who brands my first christmas on bibs and bodysuit. i will send his contact and pictures of the one he did for my dd via E-mail.
pIs I want his contact too,tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by viviparity: 9:02pm On Dec 14, 2015
soniabrenda:
dear thanks,I went today they gave us pcv .now they hv it in all their centres
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by viviparity: 9:33pm On Dec 14, 2015
pls mama's make una answer me plsooo!.MY dd is having cough nd catarh .I met doc today at the health centre he prescribes PIRITON ND VITAMIN C syrup. should I go ahead an give her? pls mama's
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by viviparity: 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2015
cutiereborn:

Please Ma, when did you take your baby there? Also were you charged for the vaccines & how much? I would also like to take my BG for hers as she hasn't reveived PCV since she was born and she is 11wks today. Thanks.
from today14-18dec free test for children,free birth certificate. all immunizations is free in Rivers State
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soniabrenda(f): 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2015
cutiereborn:

. she took hers last week Wednesday. we were charged 10,500.00 for the vaccines. for the BCG, we paid #1,000.00. its better for you to start with the BCG since she hasn't taken it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soniabrenda(f): 10:42pm On Dec 14, 2015
viviparity:
from today14-18dec free test for children,free birth certificate. all immunizations is free in Rivers State
. is it applicable to private hospitals?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:08pm On Dec 14, 2015
viviparity:
pls mama's make una answer me plsooo!.MY dd is having cough nd catarh .I met doc today at the health centre he prescribes PIRITON ND VITAMIN C syrup. should I go ahead an give her? pls mama's

I was given the same for my 7+ week old daughter. It doesnt seem to decrease the cough buh its not getting worse.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:09pm On Dec 14, 2015
double post
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ILuvMerije(f): 8:38am On Dec 15, 2015
mydreams25:

Sorry about the stress, dont worry so far you have gone to the hospital and yopt trust their medical team the baby will be fine. I had my baby too as preterm(34weeks) and he had jaundice,they treated him with the light bulb theraphy too and after some days when we went back for checkup, it was higher but they told us not to worry that i should make sure i breastfeed well. I think the bilirubim level shouldnt be more than 150 or so.The home theraphy i did was to take the baby out to the early morning sun. Let the sun touch the baby's skin. Other mamas will add theirs.

thanks for your response. please would the baby be naked and put in the sun or have clothes on ? I am asking cos of the harmattan
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ILuvMerije(f): 8:48am On Dec 15, 2015
MiracleMum:

After Phototherapy, the hospital should have done another test to know the level of jaundice before discharging baby.
My daughter was in the light for 3 days after which they ran a test and i was told if the result of the test shows the jaundice is still high we wont be discharged because my baby will require blood transfusion. The jaundice was low when the result came out and we were discharged. Your nephews case may be different since he's preterm.
If your sis is not comfortable with her present hospital she should quickly seek the opinion of another hospital.
If she's in Lagos, she can try Lifeline childrens hospital in Lekki or Surulere, they handle preterm babies well there.

thanks for your response, the baby was treated at national hospital Abuja, after the test , it was still high but they told her not to worry as long as the baby had been treated with the light bulb. My worry is that hope the baby wont have any defect.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 11:31am On Dec 15, 2015
ILuvMerije:

thanks for your response, the baby was treated at national hospital Abuja, after the test , it was still high but they told her not to worry as long as the baby had been treated with the light bulb. My worry is that hope the baby wont have any defect.

National Hospital is one of the best in Abuja. Since baby has been in light, she can do the sunning just to be on the safe side. But for the hospital to tell her not to be worried, that means the jaundice is cleared.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kendlez(f): 11:40am On Dec 15, 2015
viviparity:

The free immunizations also includes Pcv and Rota? Nd is it now available in all govt health centres? Cuz amm planning on going to BMH tomorrow or next if it is o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2015
this is so nice, thanks for, i m gonna try it out.
Onegai:
TUTU MAKING TUTORIAL

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2015
soniabrenda:
. she took hers last week Wednesday. we were charged 10,500.00 for the vaccines. for the BCG, we paid #1,000.00. its better for you to start with the BCG since she hasn't taken it.
No Ma, its PCV she hasn't taken. She had BCG when she was born and has taken her OPV1N Penta1, OPV2, Penta2 at both 6wks & 10wks resp. Its PCV 1 & 2 she hasn't taken.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
viviparity:
My dear, I don't think its every where in rivers state o. I went to our health center today and they still don't have PCV o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 4:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
Pls mamas com 2 my aid, my DS do breath as if he has catarr, or wil.I say like he has mucous in his respiratory system, in Wich u ll hear d sound of his breath like som1 snorin. Dnt realy no how to explain it, bt I wish u mamas undstands wot I mean.
I took him 2 hosp, d pead prescribed Zaditen, Wich I ve bn givin him but, its even getin worse by d day.
Pls Wich oda drug can I gv him, as I dnt like ds sound Wen he breaths.
Cv kaffy4bill, tchiwinie, proudmum, lovinam, cutiereborn, zaynie, viviparity, onegai, all sabi mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 4:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
stadora:
Pls mamas com 2 my aid, my DS do breath as if he has catarr, or wil.I say like he has mucous in his respiratory system, in Wich u ll hear d sound of his breath like som1 snorin. Dnt realy no how to explain it, bt I wish u mamas undstands wot I mean.
I took him 2 hosp, d pead prescribed Zaditen, Wich I ve bn givin him but, its even getin worse by d day.
Pls Wich oda drug can I gv him, as I dnt like ds sound Wen he breaths.
Cv kaffy4bill, tchiwinie, proudmum, lovinam, cutiereborn, zaynie, viviparity, onegai, all sabi mamas
My dear, I don't know o, my BG also has irregular breathing attimes, but I attribute it to the weather, cold or dust. I don't give her anythg for it, It just normalises on its own.
Other sabi mamas will answer you, pele.

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.