Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4394484 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kendlez(f): 12:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
viviparity:
thanks dear smbdy hv directed me where the hv been using.

Pls I wud like to know where and how much u got it for if u do. Thanks!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by memyselfandI: 1:19pm On Dec 09, 2015
Good day mothers, hope your LOs are doing great?

Please how do I make my baby's navel go in? It is protruding. Days after the cord fell off, it started protruding.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 1:58pm On Dec 09, 2015
memyselfandI:

Please how do I make my baby's navel go in? It is protruding. Days after the cord fell off, it started protruding.
My dear there is nothing you can do about it o, it's Called umbilical hernia. My baby has a small one and I was told it would go in as she grows older. Pls don't try to push it in cos you might end up hurting her.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 2:22pm On Dec 09, 2015
ozycy:
Pls I need tips on sharp sharp breakfast for my toddlers(less dan 5yrs), as una talk say goldenmorn lipsrsealed Ehe. I can give oat and what again?

Did u find that stuff she said on your own golden morn pack that 9-11 don't make sense nah. So what happened to 12 & above?

Anyways you can do a sandwich or toast

Pancakes

Fries and chicken nuggets

Other cereals? My daughter loves rice kripsies; some children love wheatabix

Etc
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by memyselfandI: 2:48pm On Dec 09, 2015
Beryl15:

My dear there is nothing you can do about it o, it's Called umbilical hernia. My baby has a small one and I was told it would go in as she grows older. Pls don't try to push it in cos you might end up hurting her.

@Beryl15, what causes this umbilical hernia? I have also noticed that more babies these days have protruding navels. Could it be as a result of the after care of the navel when the cord falls off?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 3:33pm On Dec 09, 2015
memyselfandI:

@Beryl15, what causes this umbilical hernia? I have also noticed that more babies these days have protruding navels. Could it be as a result of the after care of the navel when the cord falls off?
According to the pedi, it's happens cos the opening in the abdominal muscles( where the umbilical cord passes doesn't close properly. It's supposed to close after birth. It has nothing to do with the way the cord was cut or aftercare cos I asked. A part of the intestine passes through that's y it looks big or hard sometimes too.
I remember the day I was bombarding the pedi with plenty questions, I'm sure for him mind he go be like " this woman is looking for who to blame" grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ginnny: 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2015
Mamabigboy:
Good morning mummies, how are our LOS, may God keep them for us, amen. Mamas pls come to my aid o, my DS coughs, has fever and passes stool with blood and mucus and also groans while passing stool. I took him to the hospital and was given paracetamol, cefuroxime and zinc. He doesn't seem to be better.he still groans while passing the bloody mucoid stool. Do I need to change his doctor and I should just keep to the medicine given to him. What else can I do pls? Awaiting your prompt response. Thanks.

Sorry about baby. Pls take baby to a paediatrician for assessment. I hope he doesn't have intussussception
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 5:16pm On Dec 09, 2015
Pls mamas, anyone know where I can get it in Lagos? I've check the stores around me & didn't find.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kendlez(f): 6:09pm On Dec 09, 2015
memyselfandI:

Its umblical hernia. It should go in on its own with time.
You cud google it up and read.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:41pm On Dec 09, 2015
Beryl15:
Pls mamas, anyone know where I can get it in Lagos? I've check the stores around me & didn't find.

It's on the island, I've seen it at Ebeano but also check Shoprite (they may have it).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babymama011: 7:01pm On Dec 09, 2015
Tnk God I'm nt alone on d chulk like sebamed soap lol seems dey ar of 2 types cos d woman I bought it from said d 1 she sold 4 me use to b scarce nd people buy it more. Make e do finish make I go bk to my chicco jeje + jhonsons baby head to wash they ar superb on my baby's skin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 7:03pm On Dec 09, 2015
memyselfandI:

Most resolve on their own. My boy's own already did

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 7:06pm On Dec 09, 2015
stposh:
Hello mothers,
Pls am worried because of my 3 months old daughter. She happen to lik sleeping on her left n wen I turn her neck back to d right after a few minutes she turns it back to the left.most time wen am busy n wnt her to sleep well I just leave her on that position.
Yesterday two women complain to me in church dat her neck is tilt to one side(bend) n I told them she is just 3 month n hv nt gain neck control yet dat she does that just to be more comfortable but they all made me feel bad as though something is wrong wit her.
Nb
Pls do I need to be worried or its lik dat wit children?
Cc
Modath, kaffy4bill,onegai, kimoni, tchiwinnie and other sabi mothers

So sorry for late response, had d same issue wit my girl. Was so worried @ a point but I keep turning her head and she kips sleeping on d same side but now she's fine. Get support pillows to help wit d head wen she sits and also turn d head and watch her closely. Hope dis helps

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 7:40pm On Dec 09, 2015
hello mammas, thanks for the tip on the golden morn. I decided to stop giving cerelac. they eat home food now, bm and pap with formula. they re 9 months now. they now walk while holding something, but still crawl. they can't stand on their own yet. they are also dancing and clapping troupe grin
they climb everything too and na mouse and cat chase everyday. the twins only started playing with each other some days ago but before then na so so fight o. they hated sharing. my twin girl is especially naughty. we sleep BTW 1am and 2, if the bro sleeps before her, she wakes him up. and when they play he dares not touch her toys.

they now say 'NO' too... by slapping you, or beating you in any form of way. they are on the 'mommy alone' phase so na me dey suffer most for house now.

we call the twin girl 'araboyo' meaning someone who gets happy when she sees a plate. she's fatter than bobo, taller sef, and mean in her own little way (small bully)

now there's a particular problem I have with madam. I used to give her bm on demand before but now she's so used to it and I don't know how to make it stop. she will start pulling my clothe irrespective of where ever we are and start screaming if I refuse. and you know all these people will be telling u to bring it out grin pls how do I stop it. she's always full. I've tried stuffing her up, but she will still want to 'top it' with bm.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 09, 2015
[
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by viviparity: 9:13pm On Dec 09, 2015
kendlez:

Pls I wud like to know where and how much u got it for if u do. Thanks!
they told us to come for one program on 14-18dec that they might give it.at health centre
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by viviparity: 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2015
@cutiereborn nd cinono pls i don't kn how to check pm .can smbdy teach me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stposh: 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2015
kaffy4bill:

So sorry for late response, had d same issue wit my girl. Was so worried @ a point but I keep turning her head and she kips sleeping on d same side but now she's fine. Get support pillows to help wit d head wen she sits and also turn d head and watch her closely. Hope dis helps
Thank u so much.i hv start doing so n hopefully she wil adjust.
Cc modath, tchiwinnie, kimoni
Thanks for ur contribution
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 10:58pm On Dec 09, 2015
modath:

Babe, watch a playback of any Olympics, check out the oyinbo gymnasts & dancers whose limbs weren't turned anyway & see what feats their bodies are capable of...

Check our own unfit, eba & akpu lifestyle & check if it has helped us in any way to be limber despite all the over twisting we endured as babies... cheesy

The thing na just practice , e nor get any backing....

Some folks are naturally like rubber, some na wood.., twisting & turning it will only do so much.. tongue

*caveat *... Not advising against it, just not my thing. wink

Spent today thinking deeply about this. You are very right o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ILuvMerije(f): 11:02pm On Dec 09, 2015
hello mamas in the house, please I need suggestions from any one who gave birth to. a premature baby or one who's baby was diagnosed of jaundice. my little nephew was born premature and had jaundice, though the jaundice was treated with the light bulb stuff but after a few weeks, when they went for check up, they discovered jaundice is still in the baby though the usual jundice body discolouration is no longer there again. the mother was told at the hospital not to be worried as far as he has been treated of jaundice before. pls is there any health or mental implications? and why is the jaundice still high even after treatment.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 7:41am On Dec 10, 2015
ILuvMerije:
hello mamas in the house, please I need suggestions from any one who gave birth to. a premature baby or one who's baby was diagnosed of jaundice. my little nephew was born premature and had jaundice, though the jaundice was treated with the light bulb stuff but after a few weeks, when they went for check up, they discovered jaundice is still in the baby though the usual jundice body discolouration is no longer there again. the mother was told at the hospital not to be worried as far as he has been treated of jaundice before. pls is there any health or mental implications? and why is the jaundice still high even after treatment.
Sorry about the stress, dont worry so far you have gone to the hospital and yopt trust their medical team the baby will be fine. I had my baby too as preterm(34weeks) and he had jaundice,they treated him with the light bulb theraphy too and after some days when we went back for checkup, it was higher but they told us not to worry that i should make sure i breastfeed well. I think the bilirubim level shouldnt be more than 150 or so.The home theraphy i did was to take the baby out to the early morning sun. Let the sun touch the baby's skin. Other mamas will add theirs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jess20: 7:42am On Dec 10, 2015
kendlez:

I stay in PH. Didn't get in BMH

You will get it in Health of the Sick Nkpogwu

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 8:33am On Dec 10, 2015
viviparity:
@cutiereborn nd cinono pls i don't kn how to check pm .can smbdy teach me
My dear, how I know to check is to reply any email sent to me. For example, when you reply the mail nairaland sent to your mailbox on my behalf, the a line of communication between us will now be open.
Anyways, why I sent you a PM was to find out where you were refered to for ROTRA & PCV and if they were charging for it & how much, cos the health center I used for my baby's 6wks immun didn't have saying that Rivers state hasn't been supplied by fed govt & 2moro is her 14wks. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummy2be: 10:31am On Dec 10, 2015
mydreams25:

Sorry about the stress, dont worry so far you have gone to the hospital and yopt trust their medical team the baby will be fine. I had my baby too as preterm(34weeks) and he had jaundice,they treated him with the light bulb theraphy too and after some days when we went back for checkup, it was higher but they told us not to worry that i should make sure i breastfeed well. I think the bilirubim level shouldnt be more than 150 or so.The home theraphy i did was to take the baby out to the early morning sun. Let the sun touch the baby's skin. Other mamas will add theirs.
my baby had little jaundice at birth but morning sun was what we used
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 11:24am On Dec 10, 2015
ozycy:
Pls I need tips on sharp sharp breakfast for my toddlers(less dan 5yrs), as una talk say goldenmorn lipsrsealed Ehe. I can give oat and what again?

Ozycy you can check out this website : www.mummysyum.com

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 11:43am On Dec 10, 2015
feddy27:

Ozycy you can check out this website : www.mummysyum.com
Thanks a bunch
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 12:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
Onegai:

It's on the island, I've seen it at Ebeano but also check Shoprite (they may have it).
Thanks mama, will check this weekend.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 2:26pm On Dec 10, 2015
ILuvMerije:

After Phototherapy, the hospital should have done another test to know the level of jaundice before discharging baby.
My daughter was in the light for 3 days after which they ran a test and i was told if the result of the test shows the jaundice is still high we wont be discharged because my baby will require blood transfusion. The jaundice was low when the result came out and we were discharged. Your nephews case may be different since he's preterm.
If your sis is not comfortable with her present hospital she should quickly seek the opinion of another hospital.
If she's in Lagos, she can try Lifeline childrens hospital in Lekki or Surulere, they handle preterm babies well there.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 2:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
mitche15:
i think cruel is not the right word, shes working for the good of the baby. 2. she has said financials are tight. people do it, its left for her to decide if its worth it. give ur advice without making her feel like a bad mother for evening considering it. a creche also has caregivers, and i think shes not okay with strangers handling her child. i am neither in support nor against it but lets try not to make her feel worse. its a tough situation already.

i'm in a good mood today, so i'm going to reply your 'mention'.

rather than picking up on my post which wasnt directed at you anyways, why not offer some meaningful advice to the poster.

i read your whole rant and i cant see an iota of advice you've given to the lady in question.

did you miss the part where she stated that her mother in lagos also works? so you expect grandma at her age to effectively combine her job with caring for a 3months old baby?

and yes, i stand by my statement. for someone living in abuja (where the traffic is no where as crazy as lagos), for someone based in Nigeria (unlike overseas where the cost of childcare is crazy), leaving a 3 months old baby with a grandma and not seeing that child daily is CRUEL. so what if people are doing it, does that make it the right or moral thing to do. if you dont like my opinion, then feel free to kiss the wall.

and yes, the lady in question thanked me for my advice. see below

bisiswag:

Hmmmm. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by viviparity: 3:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
cutiereborn:

My dear, how I know to check is to reply any email sent to me. For example, when you reply the mail nairaland sent to your mailbox on my behalf, the a line of communication between us will now be open.
Anyways, why I sent you a PM was to find out where you were refered to for ROTRA & PCV and if they were charging for it & how much, cos the health center I used for my baby's 6wks immun didn't have saying that Rivers state hasn't been supplied by fed govt & 2moro is her 14wks. Thanks
exactly what they told us but they ask us to come on that their program that they might hv it.my sis, what amazed me was a friend whose dh is a health worker was given all of them even the new one .Nigeria nd im
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by livelystone(f): 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2015
mytestimony:

Is the twisting to the back also wrong? Shey de say it helps so that in future ur hsnd go fit reach neck from back

double post

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.