Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400099 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by viviparity: 3:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
selome:
good pm mummy in house. pls what can I use for a 4 month old baby dats passing greenish stools 4 about a week now.pls I need ur help.thanks.
when it happened to my lo the Dr told me to breastfeed well nd mama's here told me the same .thank God it improved. pls do that
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by viviparity: 3:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
investigator007:

I can make it readily available to you especially if you're in Lagos.
where is your location?
am in ph .hw much,can u post the pix here
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 4:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
selome:
good pm mummy in house. pls what can I use for a 4 month old baby dats passing greenish stools 4 about a week now.pls I need ur help.thanks.
Take ur baby to d hosp dear, it hapened 2 my baby n dat was wot I did. D drugs dat was prescribed 4 him stoped d green poo. Dou my mind tels me, d green poo is cosed by Wot I eat. I like sugary tins.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kingsmum: 4:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
Dear mums.. I hail o, this is my first post here tho am always lurking. Pls Dr Google has diagnosed my daughter of having baby acne and I understand it does disappear on it own after a few weeks. However don't know if there is a quick remedy am currently using Aquaphor healing oilment and breastmilk.

Also seems dis my daughter go b high maintenance, she had peeling skin and some discoloration from birth. Used Ori, got her darker..then Johnson n Johnson no much improvement had to buy d almighty Sabemed. It made some improvement b4 dis rashes/acne now. Btw used ori n JnJ which worked well on my son.

Abeg when will Sabemed start to make her skin glow nd does it lighten.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 5:43pm On Jan 14, 2016
hi mamas.

pls I need ideas n tips on planning my baby's one year birthday. I want a sitting room thing with budget of 30-40k. is that feasible?
mamas in ado pls I need ideas on where. to get these stuffs cheaply

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goldmine(f): 6:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
investigator007:

Contact me,

I have some quantity for sale.

The one I have is made up of

Wheat
Tamba
Tiger-nut
Fonio
Millet
Guinea-corn
Ground-nut
Ginger
White rice (Special one)

etc

I can assure you that you can`t get any better than this. Quote me anywhere

What does it look like? Is it in dry form like cereals or it's like raw pap. Kindly post pictures and price.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 6:27pm On Jan 14, 2016
Onegai:

I don't know Cow and Gate stage 2 but why not check what age is written on the can? I think you can use his regular milk if it's age is 0-12 months. HTH.

And whatever you do, Do Not Make The Mistake I made and add soybean to the ogi. That thing is not sweet and Baby E now associates Ogi with punishment. So we have stopped giving her for now. (She strangely now hates formula of any sort and I used to add it to Ogi as well). So maybe Ogi, breast milk and crayfish? I dunno, just fiddle with the mix, if you like it there's a stronger chance of baby accepting the food.

Make fruit puree and freeze it, they like that cold. Tastes like ice-cream.
mama, abeg, no vex. U mean ony crayfish is okay pap?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:30pm On Jan 14, 2016
Arihodo:
mama, abeg, no vex. U mean ony crayfish is okay pap?

No o, people add crayfish, groundnut and soybean to pap. My daughter hated the taste of it (it is not sweet, more sour) and even I and hubby couldn't fake liking it (a trick I use is to eat her food with her).

Try a small quantity with your baby, your child may just like it. It is a nutritious mix.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
Kingsmum:
Dear mums.. I hail o, this is my first post here tho am always lurking. Pls Dr Google has diagnosed my daughter of having baby acne and I understand it does disappear on it own after a few weeks. However don't know if there is a quick remedy am currently using Aquaphor healing oilment and breastmilk.

Also seems dis my daughter go b high maintenance, she had peeling skin and some discoloration from birth. Used Ori, got her darker..then Johnson n Johnson no much improvement had to buy d almighty Sabemed. It made some improvement b4 dis rashes/acne now. Btw used ori n JnJ which worked well on my son.

Abeg when will Sabemed start to make her skin glow nd does it lighten.

Sebamed doesn't lighten. I asked a dermatologist and he laughed and yabbed me. (Mamas i took the insult for all of you, please thank me grin). According to him, most babies naturally lighten and darken till they get to their final skin tone. The only thing that will keep babies' skin fair is keeping them out of the sun. I actually use baby sunscreen SPF 50 (Babyganics brand, sadly not sold here) on his recommendation when we go to the beach (and a hat). She didn't darken.

Proof of what he's saying is true is that when I was a child, I looked biracial (half-caste) to the point that white couples would pick me up and assume I was one of their friend's baby at their parties (why didn't they keep meeee cry). Same with my brother and now he's dark and I'm a light Brown complexion (but don't worry, I have bought Fair and White and Egyptian Milk, once I stop nursing, my skin will become "brighter than my future" cool ).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 7:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
Onegai:

No o, people add crayfish, groundnut and soybean to pap. My daughter hated the taste of it (it is not sweet, more sour) and even I and hubby couldn't fake liking it (a trick I use is to eat her food with her).

Try a small quantity with your baby, your child may just like it. It is a nutritious mix.
FOR where! u need to see my sons face when eating that mixture like poison. i thot theres another way. bt if u see the way he shew eba with his 8 tiny teeths eh! its amazing and u wont believe he just turn 7months. i wil try the pap and crayfish alone. tanks dear

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2016
Arihodo:
FOR where! u need to see my sons face when eating that mixture like poison. i thot theres another way. bt if u see the way he shew eba with his 8 tiny teeths eh! its amazing and u wont believe he just turn 7months. i wil try the pap and crayfish alone. tanks dear

Lol.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MoonChildng: 9:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
Thats fine,
I am ready when you are.
You may chat me up on whatsapp 07037200572
Herbiorlah:

Im in Lagos, pls i need it soon
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Megilicious(f): 10:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
@mimzy Pls Is Gtb Also Accepting IT Studnts.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 10:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
beedam:

Same thing I talk till my son got to 9 months and he started refusing cereal and all those canned foods and yet he isn't eating adult food well. I had to introduce ogi and he love it.

Although I still give him the cereal and other oyinbo grin food but Na war before he eat am.

Children n their shakara sha...I'm just thinking of wat 2 give him wen he'll be 6months in 2wks time.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
Megilicious:
@mimzy Pls Is Gtb Also Accepting IT Studnts.

I can't say mam. It was sent to me as a BBM broadcast so I just thought to share
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Megilicious(f): 11:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
mimzy:

I can't say mam. It was sent to me as a BBM broadcast so I just thought to share

K tnks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kingsmum: 7:24am On Jan 15, 2016
Lmao @insult... thanks for taking one for the team then. Yea exactly my argument with a mate, anyway still waiting on d glow effect. Any idea on d facial rashes
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Virtuouswife: 7:24am On Jan 15, 2016
@helovesme
Hello mommas....... Was just reading and passing through as usual buh was compelled 2 comment on ds.... Hmmm...... Pap has no nutritional benefits on babies Lyk seriously Carbohydrates has no nutritional benefits on babies So because u dey obodo oyibo, pap don turn chaff 4 u......

Pap is 100% better Dan all dese chemicals dey mix and sell, it's natural food, babies need d carbohydrate and oda nutritional benefits which can be gotten 4rm d formula used with it or even well ground crayfish(optional). U can decide not 2 give ur baby pap buh dnt discourage young mothers. Infact I'l advice mothers 2 try and limit d quantity of chemicals dey pump in dere babies all in d name of feeding. #my2pence
Just saw ur comment Zaynie *thumbs-up*

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 9:13am On Jan 15, 2016
Mamas cry I yaf come.
Pls how do I stop my son from sacking thumb o. Now I'm regretting cry (not really) cheesy but I want go to stop. I've tried all sorts. Flagyl, bitter leaf, socks, mittens, plaster, even duct tape,..... My boy go chop everything or remove it. Or make I superglue am? :/

All those mamas that were telling me then to stop him at early stage will be laughing at me now.

The twins are 10 months, 1 week now. So he can figure most things on his own...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 9:42am On Jan 15, 2016
Virtuouswife:
@helovesme
Hello mommas....... Was just reading and passing through as usual buh was compelled 2 comment on ds.... Hmmm...... Pap has no nutritional benefits on babies Lyk seriously Carbohydrates has no nutritional benefits on babies So because u dey obodo oyibo, pap don turn chaff 4 u......

Pap is 100% better Dan all dese chemicals dey mix and sell, it's natural food, babies need d carbohydrate and oda nutritional benefits which can be gotten 4rm d formula used with it or even well ground crayfish(optional). U can decide not 2 give ur baby pap buh dnt discourage young mothers. Infact I'l advice mothers 2 try and limit d quantity of chemicals dey pump in dere babies all in d name of feeding. #my2pence
Just saw ur comment Zaynie *thumbs-up*

Yimu grin cool

#teamabsolutelynopap and I have no apologies for that.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 10:01am On Jan 15, 2016
Pap is good o. I make the twins pap by myself. Pap and soya. I don't mix cray or nuts cos of allergies. And they drink it as if say... Lol. They only started eating amala yesterday. The only foods they've been eating for two months straight now is pap and dodomie(indomie) as well as other little things go that come from our plate. #lazymom

Someone just introduce semo to me too. The watery form. Made it for them, added milk and whoosh... Bowl empty (except only twin girl ate it while Bobo was suckin his thumb)

I gave them carrots and expensive broccoli I bought... Wasted!

But they can drink orange till they pass out cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cgese: 10:07am On Jan 15, 2016
This is my first time posting on this particular topic. But I want to just say 3 things especially as regards babies. I have 2 kids. My last child is about 2 months. With my first child, I was inexperienced and also I was so over protective etc, i wanted to use just expensive things for him. anyways I've learnt a few things I want to share with you wonderful mummies.

1. Most babies have skin issues within the few weeks/months of their birth. This is normal and it should naturally clear on its own. From my own investigation based on my kids, this skin wahala especially for black African babies is due to dryness of skin, so its good for babies skin to be properly moisturized and sadly a lot of baby lotion we use do not do that very well. So with my last child i decided to use coconut oil which i bought from a hospital in Abuja, and trust me it performed magic. I wish i could share a pic of her skin,its smooth and she is so so light. So mummies like me who suffered emotional stress because of baby skin wahala, please just look for coconut oil and start using, you will come back here and give testimony. PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY STERIODS ON THE BABY,IT WILL WORSEN THE SKIN.

2. I want to talk about colicky babies. That is babies with this tummy upset. My first child showed me hellfire. There is no type of colicky medicine i didn't give him. My kids were born in the US, and i used all over the counter medicine i would get there on prescription from the pediatrician but it didn't work. My mum started given a tiny drop of red oil yet that one didn't work. It was so frustrating and honestly i never found the solution for my first child. At some point i thought it was because he was drinking formula,he wasn't breastfed. Well, that's what everybody was telling me then, that its because he was drinking formula and no breastmilk and that breastfed babies don't suffer the tummy wahala. "BIGGGEST LIE EVER". Fast forward to my 2nd child, i decided to do EBF. My dear mama's,the same story. Tummy wahala. The pediatrician in the US still prescribed gas medicine but it didn't work. Anytime she breastfeeds,you can feel her pain and discomfort. Anyways...when i got back to Nigeria, my cousin prescribed "BONABEBE". My hubby bought it,but when i looked at the active ingredient,i saw that it had paracetamol and it was also for pains etc. Anyways i just decided not to give her. But when the pain wasn't subsiding,i just gave her the drug and it worked like "MAGIC'. Tummy pain disappeared forever. I gave it to her for just 2-3 days or so, and that ended the tummy wahala.

3. Then for EBF babies with greenish poop. Its normal and basically the reason is that the baby is getting more foremilk than hindmilk. Foremilk is high in cholesterol and low in vitamins and other nutrients which is contained in the hindmilk. So EBF mummies when breastfeeding, ensure you empty out one breast at a time. don't be switching because the baby will just be drinking foremilk. Mummies who express will understand. The foremilk is the first milk which comes out,its usually very light like water, then the hindmilk comes on as u continue to express,very milky. "GREEN POOP WITH NO FEVER IS BASICALLY DUE TO BREASTFEEDING ERRORS', once you start breastfeeding correctly,it should be fine. EBF poop should be abit like mustard.

Anyways...just though i should share my thoughts with you beautiful mummies.

28 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 10:10am On Jan 15, 2016
sayoberry:
Pap is good o. I make the twins pap by myself. Pap and soya. I don't mix cray or nuts cos of allergies. And they drink it as if say... Lol. They only started eating amala yesterday. The only foods they've been eating for two months straight now is pap and dodomie(indomie) as well as other little things go that come from our plate. #lazymom

Someone just introduce semo to me too. The watery form. Made it for them, added milk and whoosh... Bowl empty (except only twin girl ate it while Bobo was suckin his thumb)

I gave them carrots and expensive broccoli I bought... Wasted!

But they can drink orange till they pass out cheesy

Sayo dear, some people will come here and scream blue murder and rant about how indomie is bad for babies, it contains chemicals, blah blah.

To each their own. Every mum has their own preference on what type of meal they deem suitable for their child.

To me, I am absolutely no fan of pap and yes, my baby won't be having any of it. That's my choice! Other mums have also come here to also express their dislike for pap. So why that poster will want to 'attack' me for my choice, beats me. undecided

That said, broccoli is disgusting! grin Tastes like rubber. grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 10:12am On Jan 15, 2016
joyousf:
hi mamas.

pls I need ideas n tips on planning my baby's one year birthday. I want a sitting room thing with budget of 30-40k. is that feasible?
mamas in ado pls I need ideas on where. to get these stuffs cheaply

Rice half bag- 5k aprx
Pepper-2k
Pali toki-8k or substitute with meat. Or u can kill ogunfe-15k
Thyme, curry etc-3k
I don't know how much they sell take away pack and spoon

Sof dlinks- 3crates 3300
Malt pali kan- 2400
Wine meji- 1200 (veleta)
Straw 2packs- 80 naira

Cake-

Gift items for the kids.
Party bag (that small nylon) 120 for a pack of 10
*scratches head *
Gift items vary. But where I buy from, I get dozen of toys for 500-600 or 1000-1200 depending ding on the size. U can add pencils, ruler etc and bobo-900 per pack

I try? I not in ado sha. Sorry

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 10:21am On Jan 15, 2016
helovesme:

Sayo dear, some people will come here and scream blue murder and rant about how indomie is bad for babies, it contains chemicals, blah blah.

To each their own. Every mum has their own preference on what type of meal they deem suitable for their child.

To me, I am absolutely no fan of pap and yes, my baby won't be having any of it. That's my choice! Other mums have also come here to also express their dislike for pap. So why that poster will want to 'attack' me for my choice, beats me. undecided

That said, broccoli is disgusting! grin Tastes like rubber. grin

cheesy I've heard the Indomie stories as well, some mothers will advice against it, but still pack it as lunch for their babys daycare. I've not SEEN any concrete evidence that indomie kills. My mum would say " pap is just water and herbs is poison" and we would fight and fight and fight. If my mum can... But me... Number one pap fan grin and indomie too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 10:24am On Jan 15, 2016
cgese:

1. Most babies have skin issues within the few weeks/months of their birth. This is normal and it should naturally clear on its own. From my own investigation based on my kids, this skin wahala especially for black African babies is due to dryness of skin, so its good for babies skin to be properly moisturized and sadly a lot of baby lotion we use do not do that very well. So with my last child i decided to use coconut oil which i bought from a hospital in Abuja, and trust me it performed magic. I wish i could share a pic of her skin,its smooth and she is so so light. So mummies like me who suffered emotional stress because of baby skin wahala, please just look for coconut oil and start using, you will come back here and give testimony. PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY STERIODS ON THE BABY,IT WILL WORSEN THE SKIN.

Yep. I can testify to this too.

100% cold pressed coconut oil is what I have been using on my baby since day 1. He's got lovely, radiant skin and he has remained light complexioned.

For his hair, it's the same coconut oil but mixed with pure olive oil.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 10:29am On Jan 15, 2016
sayoberry:

cheesy I've heard the Indomie stories as well, some mothers will advice against it, but still pack it as lunch for their babys daycare. I've not SEEN any concrete evidence that indomie kills. My mum would say " pap is just water and herbs is poison" and we would fight and fight and fight. If my mum can... But me... Number one pap fan grin and indomie too

I'm with your mum on this. Pap is just water. grin grin (eyin, pap lovers, deal with it grin). And to think some people add soya beans to it shocked shocked

Soya beans is just all shades of gross. I tried soymilk once. YUCK! I can't even phantom giving a drop of it to any child of mine. Its interesting to read here that some babies have been rejecting the pap/soya beans mixture. grin grin I honestly don't blame them.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by happymama: 10:41am On Jan 15, 2016
No one is answerin me oo,Mamas abeg help me ooo,i notice a boil lyk lump on my Lo harm,as dt 1 is fadin off anoda came out on his back,i think its painin him cos he cries wn i carry him,advise me my pple
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Virtuouswife: 11:12am On Jan 15, 2016
Onegai:

Do you have a food processor? If you do, boil and peel and core red apples and puree it. Same with carrots and bananas (don't boil bananas). Pap and formula and crayfish is also good. Also plum. Yesterday Baby E fought us for the chance to have white garden eggs, so I chewed off the skin and gave her the fleshy part and she loved it.
Hope all dese fruit purees won't purge dem. Dts my fear o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Virtuouswife: 11:15am On Jan 15, 2016
helovesme:

Yimu grin cool

#teamabsolutelynopap and I have no apologies for that.
Hahahahaaha cheesy.... If I flog u eh. See ya mouth grin........ Hwz ur lo

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 1:14pm On Jan 15, 2016
Pap verses no pap
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UniqueSommy(f): 1:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
rezzy:
Pap verses no pap

Its not a small sumtin o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.