Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4408706 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 11:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
Doubledouble:

Does it sound like a normal cough?? The mucousy type, that is. If baby is feeding, drinking, playing, sleeping n breathing well, then as diffy as it sounds, it will resolve by itself.

All u can do is symptom relief:
1) get a cool mist humidifier- my personal best
2) a non medicated saline drop can help relieve dried up n stuffy nose
3) steam inhalation: just get a bowl of hot water n have baby inhale the steam
4) vapour rub: a drop or 2 of eucalyptus oil on baby's bib where he can inhale also helps
5) give baby loads of fluid: keep baby well hydrated

Whilst a lot has been said about OTC cough syrups, I am personally not a fan/advocate of it.

If cough is persistent n accompanied by high body temp, breathlessness, green snot et al, then see your pediatrician ASAP. Cough can also be a sign of something serious. Most times it is just mere cough though.

Cheers

Thanks I appreciate, it's normal cough. She's still her active self I'll try the above and hope fora change. Thanks again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amanda2013(f): 12:01am On Feb 10, 2016
zaynie:

Seeing things like how?
Does he look at you straight in the eye?
Does he squint when you direct light in his eyes?
Does he stare at you when breastfeeding?
Why do u think he cant see?

If you are expecting to see him smile when you come in or look excited when he sees a fancy toy, you are on a lonnnnnggggg thing. Some babies can fit to not send.
They will just bone and carry face. Lol
lol @ bone and carry face. Yes he squint when i direct light in his eyes but seems not to notice if i try to put my hands or wave my hands over his eyes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amanda2013(f): 12:13am On Feb 10, 2016
kaffy4bill:

Can u pls explain further? Start seeing tinz clearly as how?
like i tried to put my finger inside his eyes just to know what he will do, he didnt even blink or remove his face though if i direct light in his eyes he will squint and try to close his eyes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amanda2013(f): 12:19am On Feb 10, 2016
Doubledouble:

Babies at one month still have a fuzzy vision. They can detect light, movements,can focus on near objects about 8-12" away. They can make eye contact that u might still be doubtful about. Once baby's eyes respond to external stimuli like light, motion et al then baby can c. But I have loads of respect for a mother's intuition- so if u think sthg is wrong, pls see yo pediatrician ASAP. It's better to find out u are wrong n have peace than otherwise.

Cheers
thank you mama. Maybe am too anxious.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kathy22(f): 12:44am On Feb 10, 2016
[quote author=amanda2013 post=42779799] like i tried to put my finger inside his eyes just to know what he will do, he didnt even blink or remove his face though if i direct light in his eyes he will squint and try to close his eyes.[/quote

Try snapping him with ur phone with flash light, if he shakes then u have nothing to worry about. His eyes will be cleared with time
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 1:10am On Feb 10, 2016
[quote author=kathy22 post=42780358][/quote]

Pls camera flash especially from a smartphone isn't good for a baby at all. If u have to use flash it must be quite a distance from baby. Flash light can cause blindness in babies. That ain't our portion in Jesus name, Amen.
Cheers

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 1:12am On Feb 10, 2016
Seems like am d only one doing vigilanté this 9t. My girl has decided its swing time since she woke up at 1145pm! Am so bushed, God help me...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 3:13am On Feb 10, 2016
Mamas, please come to my aid. I'm having sores and pains in my nipp.les, I dread breastfeeding now and I'm already thinking of introducing formula. I've done everything I know could be done. I couldn't find Lasinoh nipple cream in my area. I don search tire. Please I need fast solution, I'm loosing it o. I'm in pain o.

Are there mamas that don't go through this? Please what's the secret? It was like this with my first too and it didn't stop till I stopped breastfeeding. On top all the correct latching and Co.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prolify: 7:57am On Feb 10, 2016
NoQualms1:
Mamas, please come to my aid. I'm having sores and pains in my nipp.les, I dread breastfeeding now and I'm already thinking of introducing formula. I've done everything I know could be done. I couldn't find Lasinoh nipple cream in my area. I don search tire. Please I need fast solution, I'm loosing it o. I'm in pain o.

Are there mamas that don't go through this? Please what's the secret? It was like this with my first too and it didn't stop till I stopped breastfeeding. On top all the correct latching and Co.

So sorry to hear that,are you sure baby is latching properly?the mouth should almost cover the areola if not completely cover it,thereby there is no strain on the nipples,you can rub a lil BM on the area every now and then.You can also try getting a nursing pillow.I hope it works out.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by erei: 8:02am On Feb 10, 2016
NoQualms1:

Try avent moisturising nipple cream.it has lanolin in it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prolify: 8:08am On Feb 10, 2016
Please Mamas in the house,i need help on this issue,my ds has eczema flare ups I have been using aveeno eczema therapy since birth,i tried oilatum baby which worked wonders in a few days his skin was flawless,problem is I can't find oilatum were I stay,so I switched back to aveeno,and the flare ups are back, the skin around the neck and upper arms are covered with eczema and it's progressively getting worse,please what other products should I use?any reviews on cetaphil for babies?i stay in benin.Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Apple19: 8:51am On Feb 10, 2016
Hello virtous mummies, ..may God preserve our los for us.
Yrs,!! Newbies alert! Had my mini me on 30th January. Mother and baby doing fine. Pls I'll appreciate all help I can get O. As per FTM things, and na OYO we (myself and dh) dey for here O. Help us to steps we need to take to achieve great care for our baby. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 9:01am On Feb 10, 2016
Apple19:
Yrs,!! Newbies alert! Had my mini me on 30th January. Mother and baby doing fine. Pls I'll appreciate all help I can get O. As per FTM things, and na OYO we (myself and dh) dey for here O. Help us to steps we need to take to achieve great care for our baby. Thanks
Congrats dear on the birth of your lo. Take it one day at a time and if you are encountering any challenges you can post it here and Sabi mamas will offer their advice

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 10:06am On Feb 10, 2016
Apple19:
Welcome and feel free to ask any question and our sabi mamas will answer your questions. Kisses to LO

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzdemmie(f): 10:54am On Feb 10, 2016
Good morning senior mamaz pls where can I get sebamed body milk...searched everywhere for it I stay around iyanapaja
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by morenitemi: 11:45am On Feb 10, 2016
gocare:

Please mamas I need your assistance , this pooping thing has been going on for more than a week now, I've used septrin it's still not stopped.
My baby will also be 5months old in 2days time and has been pooing green with mucus. He is eb. Was advised to give ors.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 11:48am On Feb 10, 2016
prolify:
Please Mamas in the house,i need help on this issue,my ds has eczema flare ups I have been using aveeno eczema therapy since birth,i tried oilatum baby which worked wonders in a few days his skin was flawless,problem is I can't find oilatum were I stay,so I switched back to aveeno,and the flare ups are back, the skin around the neck and upper arms are covered with eczema and it's progressively getting worse,please what other products should I use?any reviews on cetaphil for babies?i stay in benin.Thanks

Cetaphil is really mild. What you can do, is look at the products close to you and go on Google and find out reviews for them. It sounds like maybe your baby is allergic to something in the Aveeno (which means what we may recommend may not work for you). If you can afford it, Sebamed I believe is soap-free and pH-based to be neutral to skin.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 11:50am On Feb 10, 2016
NoQualms1:

check Healthplus pharmacies, they have the Lasinoh brand of Lanolin. I've also seen it in Balogun (but be careful of what you buy there because there's a lot of fake products mixed into the originals and sold at the same price and in the same containers).

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by livelystone(f): 12:32pm On Feb 10, 2016
NoQualms1:

U can also check ur lo's tongue to see if it's not tied down, if her tongue is lifting very well. if u are unsure u can ask a nurse or an experienced mama around to help u check.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Apple19: 1:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
Thanks everyone for welcoming me. I have issues with latching, lo will prefer to suck on bottles to breast. So I only pump to feed him. Anytime I tried placing her on she cries so much that I feel so bad.
Pls what should I do? And could it be tongue tie like ppl say?? I saw something like it, but my doc says since it doesn't interfere with crying and feeding that I should let her be. I don't know what to do. cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tyconcepts(f): 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2016
My Senior Mamas.....Am hailing.

Plz Mofe would be 4months in a week (How time flies, I still can berrivit) and has been on BF & Nan 1. Am thinking of changing to cereals at the clock of 4months. So many variety that I don't know which to settle for. My SIL is team Cerelac, a friend is team Gerber & Nutrend but I know if I come here I would be able to narrow my choice properly.

MUST BE VERY AFFORDABLE tongue

cc : modath, zaynie, sayoberry, iyomomo and all the mamas here.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sheweezy(f): 2:59pm On Feb 10, 2016
[quote author=tyconcepts post=42796410]My Senior Mamas.....Am hailing.

Plz Mofe would be 4months in a week (How time flies, I still can berrivit) and has been on BF & Nan 1. Am thinking of changing to cereals at the clock of 4months. So many variety that I don't know which to settle for. My SIL is team Cerelac, a friend is team Gerber & Nutrend but I know if I come here I would be able to narrow my choice properly.

Cerelac is from 6 months, gerber rice cereal is from 4 months. Whatever you are buying please make sure it has 4-6 months written on it. For gerber what you will see is supported sitter.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by happymama: 3:06pm On Feb 10, 2016
Gudday my wondaful mamas,abeg,i notice water comin out of my Lo eyes nd 4rm nose yday he was cryin&feelin so uneasy,i cudnt figure out wat wnt wrong,pls can any1 help a FTM
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 3:11pm On Feb 10, 2016
tyconcepts:
My Senior Mamas.....Am hailing.

cc : mod.th, zay.nie, sayob.erry, iyom.omo and all the mamas here.

Team gerber here but try and push to 5-6mths... kiss Mofe for us, the unique Itshekiri Yoruba combo t badt. kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tyconcepts(f): 3:14pm On Feb 10, 2016
sheweezy:
Cerelac is from 6 months, gerber rice cereal is
from 4 months. Whatever you are buying please
make sure it has 4-6 months written on it. For
gerber what you will see is supported sitter.

Thanks dear.....So the "Supported sitter" stands for 4-6months in Gerber?

Pardon my otondo questions. Wanna arm myself with all the infos before going to the shop so those sellers don't toss me round.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tyconcepts(f): 3:18pm On Feb 10, 2016
modath:

Team gerber here but try and push to 5-6mths... kiss Mofe for us, the unique Itshekiri Yoruba combo t badt. kiss

Our Mummy toh don jazzy.

I wish to push till 6months o! but seems the milk and water no longer satisfies the guy wella and I still have that low lactating issue hence my desire to switch.

Mofe catch the kiss . How our egbon LBK? Greeting to you & yours.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
happymama:
Gudday my wondaful mamas,abeg,i notice water comin out of my Lo eyes nd 4rm nose yday he was cryin&feelin so uneasy,i cudnt figure out wat wnt wrong,pls can any1 help a FTM

You dont want water to come out when he cries ni?
Babies also shed tears. And the one from the nose is the normal one that comes with tears.
Abi?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 4:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
tyconcepts:

Thanks dear.....So the "Supported sitter" stands for 4-6months in Gerber?

Pardon my otondo questions. Wanna arm myself with all the infos before going to the shop so those sellers don't toss me round.
yes supported sitter is from 4 months

The Gerber rice and oatmeal can be given from 4 months
Pls don't give cerelac till month 6
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:12pm On Feb 10, 2016
Tyconcepts, sorry I be JJC for this matter o.
Moyo did EBF, after 6 months we moved straight to homemade food cos dem Gerber concoction wey I taste was iyan-ma! lipsrsealed.
We didnt do cereals. Only ogi, mashed food and swallows.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stposh: 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2016
NoQualms1:

I used avent nipple cream n it worked for me.
Mine ws on one breast alone so I didn't breastfeed with the breast instead I ws expressing the milk out.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 4:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
Mzdemmie:
Good morning senior mamaz pls where can I get sebamed body milk...searched everywhere for it I stay around iyanapaja

I buy at agege if u don't mind the distance. Iya Amira's baby shop at pen cinema and also another store at old oko oba road. For iya amira her store is in a complex close to the zenith bank just like 3 building from zenith bank.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zemaye: 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2016
ori -shearbutter ( just rub on the breast and tips) will soothe you just fine
trust me when i say you did not put all your nipple almost to the areola in the kiddos mouth
I had this issue with my first but when my sweet MIL put the breas.t in properly I knew the difference
like you I was damn sure I was doing it correctly.
watch videos on it and make sure baby's mouth is properly open because if its not fully open the baby will quickly catch nipples only and it will keep hurting you smiley kpele

NoQualms1:

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.