Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391345 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 3:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
pinklily:
Good afternoon mama's of this wonderful forum. I beg to be part of you. I got blessed March last year... we are almost a year now. we would be 11 months, 1wk from now though. I have been following this forum before and after I gave birth but want to also be a part of you from now, hope I am welcome? Have a nice day you all .

you are welcpme. I also gave birth last year March 17

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 3:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
pinklily:
Good afternoon mama's of this wonderful forum. I beg to be part of you. I got blessed March last year... we are almost a year now. we would be 11 months, 1wk from now though. I have been following this forum before and after I gave birth but want to also be a part of you from now, hope I am welcome? Have a nice day you all .

you are welcome. I also gave birth last year March 17
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pinklily: 4:04pm On Feb 12, 2016
Thank you @ pjthatcher... I gave birth on the 20th...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 4:26pm On Feb 12, 2016
pinklily:

You are welcome, rgds to ur lo

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nggie(f): 8:40pm On Feb 12, 2016
Hello mothers pls what do u use for heat rash on ur babies. I'm using moju powder present for my baby but I'm not seeing any improvement so far.
Thanks prompt response needed asap.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nggie(f): 8:42pm On Feb 12, 2016
Pinklily u are highly welcome. Feel free to mingle grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 9:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
Thanks @miraclemum

@sheweezy this poo thang is no more funny o, it's now almost scary sef the doctor said i should watch her till next week and come back if there's no change but i was given flagy syrup to use twice a day. This is her first time of having diaper rash o i tire. God help us all

@modath iyawo is trying o this teeth thing no be here but as senior mama experience dey ur side unlike we lol. Bobo dey save the teeth till easter for chicken lap ni jare.

@babythug thanks jare infact we didn't use diaper at all today u don't wanna know the number of episodes we've had today. God help us
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omote1: 9:59pm On Feb 12, 2016
Apple19:
Thanks everyone for welcoming me. I have issues with latching, lo will prefer to suck on bottles to breast. So I only pump to feed him. Anytime I tried placing her on she cries so much that I feel so bad.
Pls what should I do? And could it be tongue tie like ppl say?? I saw something like it, but my doc says since it doesn't interfere with crying and feeding that I should let her be. I don't know what to do. cry

my ds has refused to suck and he latches on properly. This guy jst isn't interested. I initialy thought he hated my boobs lol, he wont even take the bottle. was adviced to find a strategy and be sure he's eating, so we use the cup of his feeding bottle and he drinks his milk like water. i was told the breast isnt as fast as he would like it. so i am constantly expressing(which isn't funny) and we combine the bm with formula, he will be 2months on sunday and the boy can eat. i still put him to breast thou and once in a while he sucks and does so with so much force you'll know he kinda wants the milk out fast. lol

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 10:10pm On Feb 12, 2016
Goodevenin mamas,please z it advisable to giv my dd of 7mnth plus golden morn?cc soonest,nggie,onegai n all sabi mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Megilicious(f): 11:16pm On Feb 12, 2016
@ahnie Hrd Golden Morn Isnt Ment 4 Infant Nor Weaning Feedings. Y Nt Give Cerelac Maize, Tastes R Just D Sme.

Hello Mamas, Pls Ow Can I Make My 10mnths Dd Sleep Thru D 9t, Witout Waking Up 5/6 Tyms To Nurse "breastmilk" ? NB she eats all foods solid, pap n cereals.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nggie(f): 11:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
Ahnie heard its nt for infant o. This golden morn matter was trashed in some couple of pages back. Like megilicious said u can try other cereals. Kisses to zino.

Mothers answer my question na. Mk I call una comot.
Cc: ahnie modath nurse kaffy4bill rezzy megilicious et al
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 1:30am On Feb 13, 2016
I still hav one tin of cerelac maize...wastin away.it use tu be 2,i vex-ly gav the oda one out.my dear,i hav already fed her the goldenmorn this morning.phew guess ayam gonna giv it out again.
Megilicious:
@ahnie Hrd Golden Morn Isnt Ment 4 Infant Nor Weaning Feedings. Y Nt Give Cerelac Maize, Tastes R Just D Sme.

Hello Mamas, Pls Ow Can I Make My 10mnths Dd Sleep Thru D 9t, Witout Waking Up 5/6 Tyms To Nurse "breastmilk" ? NB she eats all foods solid, pap n cereals.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 6:13am On Feb 13, 2016
@ahnie, not yet. The golden morn will leave her constipated. I guess @ 1yr is ok, for me I don't give till 2yrs but Dats me o. Isn't she taking her cerelac and the rest abi na adult food she want?

Megilicious, I guess you feed baby very well before she sleeps. Some babies are light sleepers and whenever they wake, they must nurse for comfort not necessarily cos of hunger. Doo! It's a phase just endure till you wean her but she might still change before then

Nggie, I hear rising baby powder works but I haven't used it before.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 7:26am On Feb 13, 2016
Good morning all. Please I have one pcm(calpol ) that I used for my baby like a Lil over 3 months ago. It has been in the fridge and the fridge is always cold. I need to give her pcm this morning. Do I buy another or can I give her that one.
It is not expired or even close to expiry date. Am just afraid it has stayed long
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 7:35am On Feb 13, 2016
nggie:
Hello mothers pls what do u use for heat rash on ur babies. I'm using moju powder present for my baby but I'm not seeing any improvement so far.

I didn't experience heat rash with my son oo. But you can try rising raving powder. My MIL used it for him when he was a baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:40am On Feb 13, 2016
ahnie:
Goodevenin mamas,please z it advisable to giv my dd of 7mnth plus golden morn?cc soonest,nggie,onegai n all sabi mamas.

Hmm, well my mum told me she gave me Golden Morn (I don't believe her angry when did they start producing it) and my sis gave her kids and they're fine but now it's apparently said not to be an infant cereal. So maybe another cereal. Cereals ain't cheap, but it tastes like soft Golden Morn.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 7:45am On Feb 13, 2016
ahnie:

Golden morn is a no no for now. If she doesn't want cerelac, try other cereals.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:50am On Feb 13, 2016
nggie:

Can I ask what lotion you use on baby? Some lotions actually don't absorb well into skin and leaves a layer, causing moisture to stay trapped in a way that encourages rashes. You may want to switch to a light lotion or oil like Grapeseed oil (pricey) or Olive oil. Then remove baby's clothing completely most days.

I've said it a few times here: powder causes more harm than good. Its particles can easily enter baby's lungs and cause wahala. I refused anyone using powder on Baby E and we have never had one incidence of cough or catarrh (I have allergies so I'm trying to avoid exposing her to triggers). So many doctors are not recommending its use. Please eh, try another method.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamasy: 8:02am On Feb 13, 2016
Mamas gdarn? Please help ur sister put.

My 15 month old baby has refused any form of solid. She can't even stand anything. Shes been takin only cerelac right from 6 months and d worst part is she doesn't eat with spoon except feeding bottle and if u change her feeding bottle to another , she would reject the food. V tried not giving her bottle for a day, she didn't send me.. Once she doesn't see her bottle, she drinks water?..

Pls how can I wean her successfully. . M tired? Pls help me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:05am On Feb 13, 2016
Keji3 or anyone interested, I have cup of Desitin max strength I got from the U.S. its brand new. I can sell it to you if you can come pick it up from the island (Lagos).

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 8:32am On Feb 13, 2016
My dear,she took it yesternite,and she just poop poop.the poop z not hard like donkwa,very butterlike.she z even cravin for more this mornin.
Onegai:

Hmm, well my mum told me she gave me Golden Morn (I don't believe her angry when did they start producing it) and my sis gave her kids and they're fine but now it's apparently said not to be an infant cereal. So maybe another cereal. Cereals ain't cheap, but it tastes like soft Golden Morn.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 8:36am On Feb 13, 2016
Oniovo...she took it,seems she likes it.howdy bae?
rezzy:

Golden morn is a no no for now. If she doesn't want cerelac, try other cereals.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 8:53am On Feb 13, 2016
Pls pray for my baby o my wonderful mamas, he is having serious cataarh and running temperature, we all had sleepless nite till this morning. He is 4 months 2 weeks. Am really down seeing him uncomfortable. His name is Eldaah Olamide.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:19am On Feb 13, 2016
comtem2011:
Pls pray for my baby o my wonderful mamas, he is having serious cataarh and running temperature, we all had sleepless nite till this morning. He is 4 months 2 weeks. Am really down seeing him uncomfortable. His name is Eldaah Olamide.

Olamide will be fine by the special grace of Almighty God. He will live a very long, healthy and prosperous life, just as my children will too. Amin.
I hope u are at the hospital right now.

Always have PCM or Ibuprofen at home in case of emergencies.
And use a wet rag to swipe the body all thru, remove all clothes except when the baby is shivering.
And this goes to all of us, please have the phone contact of a medical personel be it a nurse, doctor or pharmacists for when we cant quickly get to the hospital, they will tell us which first aid to use and reassure us so we dont die of hbp before we get to the hospital.
It is well Sis.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamasy: 9:59am On Feb 13, 2016
mamasy:
Mamas gdarn? Please help ur sister put.

My 15 month old baby has refused any form of solid. She can't even stand anything. Shes been takin only cerelac right from 6 months and d worst part is she doesn't eat with spoon except feeding bottle and if u change her feeding bottle to another , she would reject the food. V tried not giving her bottle for a day, she didn't send me.. Once she doesn't see her bottle, she drinks water?..

Pls how can I wean her successfully. . M tired? Pls help me

Pls help ooo..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 13, 2016
Megilicious:

my daughter is 10 months plus. She wakes up like twice at night. I give her cereal around 10pm or 11 pm. Then anytime she wakes at nite. I give her milk, till like 6am. Hope this helps.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:52am On Feb 13, 2016
zaynie:

Olamide will be fine by the special grace of Almighty God. He will live a very long, healthy and prosperous life, just as my children will too. Amin.
I hope u are at the hospital right now.

Always have PCM or Ibuprofen at home in case of emergencies.
And use a wet rag to swipe the body all thru, remove all clothes except when the baby is shivering.
And this goes to all of us, please have the phone contact of a medical personel be it a nurse, doctor or pharmacists for when we cant quickly get to the hospital, they will tell us which first aid to use and reassure us so we dont die of hbp before we get to the hospital.
It is well Sis.
Thanks my sister, I gave him pcm yesterday o when I discovered his temperature was somehow. I have first aid box for him since birth, but just dat devil is a liar. We gave him panda cold this morning and I added silver bird into his bathing water, he was relieved cos d mucus started flowing out. Dr has prescribed medication for him. may God keep them for us. he can now suck self.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 11:40am On Feb 13, 2016
ahnie:
Oniovo...she took it,seems she likes it.howdy bae?

Fine oo. How is Zino doing?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 11:49am On Feb 13, 2016
Oh zino z a success,thank you.
rezzy:

Fine oo. How is Zino doing?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 13, 2016
Comtem2011 the great physician is in control, your boy is well in Jesus name. kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nggie(f): 1:05pm On Feb 13, 2016
@ onegai thanks I use olive oil n palm kernel oil on him. Pls @ what stage can one start using powder on them babies?

Soonest n rezzy thanks too. I'll try that rising raving powder out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by viviparity: 5:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
mamas goodeven help ur sister.i bought cerealc for my 4months plus baby 2days ago cos I couldn't log in to ask. what made me to buy it was she was pooing greenish nd Doc said she not getting foremilk, a nurse told me that she need food.she is still poo greenish.boil on her head.am confused

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.