Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,534 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402295 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2016
flakies09:
Good day mum's in house,is it advisable to introduce formula to my little prince @3mnths ?
If you are not lactating well or breastmilk doesn't satisfy him , you can supplement with formula
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mzfunshy(f): 6:23pm On Apr 04, 2016
I also had a very scary experience of choking when my lo was just 9 days old. I finished bf him and lay him down as a ftm was not used to the burping ish. So I lay down to rest too. 10 mins later I started hearing sounds frm him but I felt he wanted to feed again so I decided to take my time before getting up. By d time I got to him bm was already coming out of his nose and saliva from his mouth. He couldn't cry. That's how I helped him to start crying o and we were home alone. Hmmm it wasn't funny, I just thank God he was resuscitated.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 6:39pm On Apr 04, 2016
Mama's pls Cn sm1 suggest a good food flask for kids dt Cn kp food warm for long?
or even lunch box for lo? Thnks in advance
cc lovinam zaynie nita2013 and others
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 7:30pm On Apr 04, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Hello Keji3,

The pattern appears to be along the nappy line and it would suggest it is nappy related.
What nappy & wipes are you using for her, what is your nappy changing routine and what has changed in the last 2 weeks.

Some babies have sensitive skin and can react to the chemicals used in the production of disposable nappies.
If it is the nappy she is reacting to no amount of tribotan will help.

Thanks for ur prompt and detailed response, i've changed her diaper to another brand. Also bought another brand of wipes yesterday which she only use at creche only. I use water at home and she wears just pant at home. She has something like dat at the armpit area too but i only got a clear picture of the bum area.

lcoral:

Ok, my baby had same like rashes and boil @ 2weeks. I tried tribotan baby but no result.
I will recommend you get BACTROBAN CREAM. It was very very effective. Apply twice daily on d affected area. Got it at 3000naira over here. Buy from a Pharmacy.

Thanks i'll read up on the BACTROBAN cream. I appreciate
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 7:42pm On Apr 04, 2016
Can't go wrong with HAERS. Make sure its d original
Gr8fulHeart:
Mama's pls Cn sm1 suggest a good food flask for kids dt Cn kp food warm for long?

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 8:07pm On Apr 04, 2016
lovinam:
Can't go wrong with HAERS. Make sure its d original

how do I watch out for original ma"am? any tips

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 8:15pm On Apr 04, 2016
Gr8fulHeart:

how do I watch out for original ma"am? any tips
My dear, I don't have tips o! Use your instinct. Meanwhile, don't wash it with cold water. As soon as you get home pour piping hot water in it and cover it. Allow it to stay overnight, wash the flask in the morning. If you don't do this, there is no guarantee it will keep your lo's food hot

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 8:56pm On Apr 04, 2016
@ Gr8fulHeart, Haers just like Lovinam said.

Buy it from someone that has a shop in your area instead of market with the condition that you will return it if it isnt hot.
Put hot water in it once you get home and leave it be all night, check if its still hot or at least warm by morning.
Dont discard the carton till you confirm.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mbula(f): 11:20pm On Apr 04, 2016
stadora:

same wit my prince, he sleeps max of 2 hrs even after takin pap, thats if there s lite and the fan is on. If not he wakes up in les dan 2 hrs and its only bm dat puts him back 2 sleep.
I was thinkin that by now, he ll b sleepin longer hrs.
My felow october teammates. How long does your lo sleep at a stretch?

hahhahahah...team mate ur lucky that yours sleeps for two hours.mine doesn't sleep up to 30mins at once.but may sleep atleast 2 times of 30mins each . maximum of 3 times during the day, but sleeps from 7.30 pm at night and onky wakes up to suck.so much to be a mum....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 11:22pm On Apr 04, 2016
cutienik:
@mam Doubledouble weldone ma...lesson noted bt hw do u apply d first aid pls cn u gv us a detailed explanation,thanks....d one i watched in d movies ias by hitting d back not forcefully ogrin

My dear, it was n is all God ooo...thanks. I would advice you watch a video of it. The summary is, lay baby on his stomach along your thigh, use your hand to support baby's head. Make sure baby's head is lower than the bum. Hit baby very firmly on the back between the shoulder blades. If baby is crying/ able to make sounds, then there's no need for this technique pls.

May our LOs live long to fulfil their destiny in God, in Jesus name, Amen.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mbula(f): 11:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
ozycy:

Mine will be 6months next week and we are warming up to start eating adult food,cereal formula, pap and water. I can't wait grin

same shoes with me.mine will be 6 months on thursday this week.he was on EBF...I staryed cancelling my calender since when he clocked 5months.i can't wait is an understatement. u won't believe that I have bought all his crerals, cup, spoon, feding plate, milk, water.., and just marking time for thursday......everyone says it's always tiring once u get to the 5th month of exclusive.....chei can't wait to see my LO feed . meanwhile he struggles for everythig we eat and drink like say tomorrow no dey but I no gree give am....#two more days to go.....#

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
[quote author=Doubledouble post=44413142
thAnk u ma for d explanation nd amen to ur prayers,gudnyt.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by balogunsaheed(m): 1:01am On Apr 05, 2016
My baby is just two days old. Av been unable to breast feed him. My nipple cudnt stay in his mouth. Just not to MK him go hungry I gave him nan1. My nurse suggested I get a breast pump. Cause my breast is so full. Can't sleep. Any idea to ease it ? Pls ooooooo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 3:37am On Apr 05, 2016
zaynie nd lovinam, tnks. I know of d effectiveness of hears waterflask, don't no if it aplies to d food flask too. wl do as advised.
saheedbalogun, try and position baby"s mouth well on ur tips, if baby is well positioned he can draw d milk out. pele u cd stil try out d breastpump though to relieve u. pele

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 5:29am On Apr 05, 2016
balogunsaheed:
My baby is just two days old. Av been unable to breast feed him. My nipple cudnt stay in his mouth. Just not to MK him go hungry I gave him nan1. My nurse suggested I get a breast pump. Cause my breast is so full. Can't sleep. Any idea to ease it ? Pls ooooooo.
Get baby to latch on well
You can as well get a breast pump as suggested and pump out the breastmilk and feed him so as to reduce the breast engorgement. I pumped and pumped cos even after plenty sucking, my breast was still so full and hurting.
You can massage with warm water and towel and press out the milk manually if you don't have the pump right away, kpele

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by coffeeblue(f): 7:01am On Apr 05, 2016
Dear mamas, please I don't know what kind of rash is on my son's body. We've been to the hospital we were given a cream to use for 7 days. We also changed his bathing soap to Dove. Please what else can I do to make it go?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SimpleWow(f): 8:23am On Apr 05, 2016
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 9:41am On Apr 05, 2016
@ coffeeblue- did the Dr give you a name for the rash? What soap do you use for his laundry? Try and rinse his laundry yourself and like thrice if possible. He may have very sensitive skin. I couldn't really make out much from the picture just that it looks like baby excema. I hear that red leaf )acalypha works well if used to bathe the child. You can give it a shot. Be cautious with topical creams because elongated use causes thinning of the skin. Sebamed range though expensive is also good for sensitive skin generally.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 9:58am On Apr 05, 2016
Thanks sweetheart!
mummy2be:
thank God she's fine please give her plenty water and fruits while on medication
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 11:00am On Apr 05, 2016
Good Mornin mamas, My baby girl i 7months going to 8months, her weight is 10kg, and she is crawling bit by bit, she stands for long when holding something, infact she likes standing, My major concern is that she hasn't started crawling fast, no teeth apart from these she is a healthy baby. Hope she isn't late for crawling?or should I just encourage her to stand more?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by coffeeblue(f): 11:00am On Apr 05, 2016
Thanks so much @ babythug. The doctor i cant remember the doctor mentioning the type of rash. Will do as you've said
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by korindus: 11:52am On Apr 05, 2016
Hello everyone.good job you are doing. May God keep our LOs. I have a 14 weeks old son that sweats a whole lot. Mostly when he feeds and also on d side of the body he sleeps on even if there is fan or AC. On the other hand.he doesn't tolerate fan.AC.breeze very well.his nose starts to get blocked immediately any of these is put on. This is really confusing to me.if I leave him without fan.his clothes gets moist . especially d sides he sleeps on.if I change d clothes for fear of him not catching a cold., he will sweat again as long as der is no fan or AC.on the other hand.his nose gets blocked almost immediately and he starts making uncomfortable noises. Altho it clears up within 10mins of taking me out of there...has anyone experienced this.which is worse heat or cold (altho heat leads to moist clothes) how can I handle this situation.its been going on since he was 3wks old. Pls HELP
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 12:08pm On Apr 05, 2016
korindus:
Hello everyone.good job you are doing. May God keep our LOs. I have a 14 weeks old son that sweats a whole lot. Mostly when he feeds and also on d side of the body he sleeps on even if there is fan or AC. On the other hand.he doesn't tolerate fan.AC.breeze very well.his nose starts to get blocked immediately any of these is put on. This is really confusing to me.if I leave him without fan.his clothes gets moist . especially d sides he sleeps on.if I change d clothes for fear of him not catching a cold., he will sweat again as long as der is no fan or AC.on the other hand.his nose gets blocked almost immediately and he starts making uncomfortable noises. Altho it clears up within 10mins of taking me out of there...has anyone experienced this.which is worse heat or cold (altho heat leads to moist clothes) how can I handle this situation.its been going on since he was 3wks old. Pls HELP

The weather is extremely hot now so he will sweat a lot. Do you still layer him and cover with shawl and cap? One item of clothing and socks is ok for now. Even that socks sef I'm just considering his age!

Try and regulate the ac such that the room is cool like 23c should be fine. But position baby away from the direct effect of the ac. Same with the fan too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by korindus: 1:03pm On Apr 05, 2016
babythug:

The weather is extremely hot now so he will sweat a lot. Do you still layer him and cover with shawl and cap? One item of clothing and socks is ok for now. Even that socks sef I'm just considering his age!
Try and regulate the ac such that the room is cool like 23c should be fine. But position baby away from the direct effect of thep ac. Same with the fan too.
Thanks a lot. We don't layer anymore.i know the weather is so hot right now.cant wait for the rains. Every night we battle btwn heat and stuffed nose..*phew*.thanks God bless
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 1:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
Gr8fulHeart:
I use themolino andnit keeps my baby's pap for 3 days not exaggerating. the pap is warm on the third day though. for the food flask I heard Herz is good but the one I use does not keep food hot at all

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 1:34pm On Apr 05, 2016
mumsgirl27:
Good Mornin mamas, My baby girl i 7months going to 8months, her weight is 10kg, and she is crawling bit by bit, she stands for long when holding something, infact she likes standing, My major concern is that she hasn't started crawling fast, no teeth apart from these she is a healthy baby. Hope she isn't late for crawling?or should I just encourage her to stand more?
It's nothing to worry about. She may likely walk fast. Some babies don't really follow all those steps, don't be surprised to see her moving while holding onto something even before she masters how to crawl properly.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oselin: 2:10pm On Apr 05, 2016
gud afternoon mamas in the house. my DS has this rash few days after birth. He is one month old now and d rash is still coming out from his body. Sabi mamas pls Wat can I apply on his skin to stop d rash from coming out

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2016
Worry not.babies are diff n they achieve der milestones differently.my baby didnt learn how to sit no matter how u try but she started crawling b4 learning how to sit.now she stand on her own.my baby completed 7month on sunday with 2 teeth already n my friends baby who is one week older than my baby can walk but no teeth.in a nutshell diff babies milestone.

mumsgirl27:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
May be u shld reduce d ac wen power on n try to dress him up wen under ac to as to reduce d blocked nose.wen no light try no reduce d num of cloth on him.
My baby also sweat alot so ones ac is nt on i just wear her only pant n datz all.from birth she hate cap n mittens.i hardly kit her up lik someone goin to snow.
korindus:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
mumsgirl27:
my Prince crawled at 8 month n walked at 10 month . just give her enough floor play time n she will b gud

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 4:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
pjthatcher:

my Prince crawled at 8 month n walked at 10 month . just give her enough floor play time n she will b gud

Thank you so much mamas

@jthatcher....She has enough floor time, she doesn't really like been carried for long ,she is miss independent grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2016
ozycy:

It's nothing to worry about. She may likely walk fast. Some babies don't really follow all those steps, don't be surprised to see her moving while holding onto something even before she masters how to crawl properly.

thanks mama, some mothers re making me feel like my child should be doing dis or that, some are even saying it is because of her weight, that she is too fat. hearing from other mamas now makes me relieved.

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.