Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402205 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 4:32pm On Apr 05, 2016
missmalachi:
Worry not.babies are diff n they achieve der milestones differently.my baby didnt learn how to sit no matter how u try but she started crawling b4 learning how to sit.now she stand on her own.my baby completed 7month on sunday with 2 teeth already n my friends baby who is one week older than my baby can walk but no teeth.in a nutshell diff babies milestone.

Thanks mama....ur baby is so fast cheesy, that good, can't wait for my baby to start walking. I will be so happy. My love to her

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
mumsgirl27:

thanks mama, some mothers re making me feel like my child should be doing dis or that, some are even saying it is because of her weight, that she is too fat. hearing from other mamas now makes me relieved.

Dont listen to them o jare!
Every child is different and each will develop at different rates even if you have identical twins!
You need to understand that "normal " child developement covers a very wide range....
some babies teeth at 3 months, some at 10, hell some are even born with teeth.... at the end of it, all of them go still use am chop shaki. And who go break teeth ontop cowleg go still break teeth irrespective of when the teeth comot!

Some babies crawl early and take forever to walk, others skip the crawling altogether and start walking with the aid of your furniture. It doesnt mean one will be usain bolt and win sprinting gold.

As other mamas have said, just give her enough floor space to do her thing and she will amaze you in due course. If you have any concerns on your baby's developement, speak to your peadiatrician.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 5:13pm On Apr 05, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

You need to understand that "normal " child developement covers a very wide range....
some babies teeth at 3 months, some at 10, hell some are even born with teeth.... at the end of it, all of them go still use am chop shaki.
You must be kidding right? @ the bolded
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
Good evening mommies
And so I enrolled ma petite in a daycare yestaday @ 10 weeks old
She came home looking drowsy,sleepy,exhausted,swollen eyes,dull etc angry
Dunno wat dey gave her.I asked d nanny if she cried at all she just said "ah no Ma'am,for wer?ur baby have been so peaceful,quite.I was surprised cos she cries a lot
Now it seems d nanny didn't Handle d expressed b.reastmilk properly.this is d 5th daiper I'm changing for watery poo today.my baby poohs once daily. cry
I'm definitely getting it wild with dat young woman tomorrow.I nor do again angry
How many daipers will b soiled to b extra convinced its diaorhea before I can administer ORS/Zinc tab pls? TIA
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:24pm On Apr 05, 2016
ozycy:

Hand on heart, I kid you not!

Its very unusual, but its perfectly normal!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2016
tatacherie:
Good evening mommies
Dunno wat dey gave her.I asked d nanny if she cried at all she just said "ah no Ma'am,for wer?ur baby have been so peaceful,quite.I was surprised cos she cries a lot
Now it seems d nanny didn't Handle d expressed b.reastmilk properly.this is d 5th daiper I'm changing for watery poo today.my baby poohs once daily. cry
I'm definitely getting it wild with dat young woman tomorrow.I nor do again angry
How many daipers will b soiled to b extra convinced its diaorhea before I can administer ORS/Zinc tab pls? TIA

I hate this rubbish. I don't like this at all at all. I'm so scared about this Daycare thing. Don't even know what to do and I resuming work soon. I need to pray o. I will be very mad if this happens to my child o. Can u imagine "She came home looking drowsy,sleepy,exhausted,swollen eyes,dull". Even if u want to change sef, do u know how those ones too will behave? I need to start praying o. Can't even wrap my head around this at all.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
ozycy:

She is not.i hv seen a child born with teeth.infact d person came to visit us with d child n my grandma due to superstitious believe asked us nt to near d baby.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 8:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
tatacherie:
Good evening mommies

Can you or hubby pay them an unscheduled visit during the day? That drowsy and dull sounds fishy.

As for the diarhorrea please administer the drugs right away and keep her rehydrated.

Do they wash the bottles at her creche? Id advise you rewash your self none the less. Then did you split the milk into small bottles such that they don't have to hive left overs to her.

Ndo sorry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
@babythug...weldone o,i cn see ur handwork..maay God bless u mam
@tatacherie...mam..sori abt dat pls if u cn follow mam babythug advice pls do nd if u arnt comfortable..plssss change d creche..God ll order ur steps to a gud one,i seriously feel u.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 8:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
pjthatcher:

I use themolino andnit keeps my baby's pap for 3 days not exaggerating. the pap is warm on the third day though. for the food flask I heard Herz is good but the one I use does not keep food hot at all

Where you buy the flask biko? Them still get?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by viviparity: 8:54pm On Apr 05, 2016
pls mama's my baby is 6months now .appart from cerealc nd pap what other food can I give her.her attitude to food makes me cry .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 9:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
@ cherrymum & cutienik thanks a lot.Godbless
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 9:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
@ babythug thanks Ma'am.yes o I did split d milk into small bottles as suggested o.daycare matter don't weaken me.I will definitely bump into them soon
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
tatacherie:
Good evening mommies

If she is usually cry-ey, i agree with babythug, there may be something very fishy going on.

If she has only been there for one day, i cant imagine how breastmilk of one day should run her tummy so much, i am assuming it is your own washed bottles and teats that were supplied to them and the milk was frozen or cold and stored in cooler bags?

Try and find out how the milk was stored and handled.

Also, I dont wish to panic you but I hope they are not giving her "something" to "calm" her down. This should also be considered.

Take her to your peadriatician to assess her.

May God direct you on how to proceed with this. I hope she gets better soon.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 10:00pm On Apr 05, 2016
@ Alphahandmaiden tnx a lot Ma'am.I just hope my baby wasn't drugged.will take her for assessment.
And yes d milk was frozen n in a storage bag,nd all bottles n teats were thouroughly washed nd sterilized by me.maybe she gave her leftover.will find out morow
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmum15: 10:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
viviparity:
pls mama's my baby is 6months now .appart from cerealc nd pap what other food can I give her.her attitude to food makes me cry .
Awwnn.....dont worry, it will get better.You can try pureed fruits, egg yolk, mashed sweet potatoes tho my baby took just bits of all these.Hes the king of heinz egg custard and rice pudding.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmum15: 10:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
Pls mamas I need your advice o.My son is almost 9 months and he has refused adult food.I have tried amala and ewedu(blended crayfish and titus fish), mashed sweet potatoes, egg yolk and even pap but he turned them down.All he takes is heinz bottle food(rice pudding, egg custard and their fruity yoghurt/custard).my main concern is, im scared these foods arent nutritious but he wont take any other food.What do I do? Cc @Miraclemum @Onegai @babythug and gbogbo mummies....Epp me o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 12:18am On Apr 06, 2016
Update on the Twins.
One year, one month old.

Baby Boy: sucks like he wants the thumb to come off, dances like every baby, very very 'milo' intolerant... (I'm still in awe) doesn't like anything sweet, from juice to soda... Only fruits.

Stands on his feet while holding onto something, still breastfeeding, loves indomi, fish, meat, and bread. (he's old).

He calls "dhaddy", says "amin" to Prayers and hallelujah too. And he has a deep voice. Is that common in male children? Mamas?
His come is go, and his go is come. Infact u need to see chasing upandan . He climbs virtually everything in sight. We are extremely careful of this new breed in the family.

Baby girl:
*breathes in*
Extremely naughty, bigger and taller than her brother, she's a bully, bullies everyone including us parents. Eats everything in sight, no particular favorite type of food. So far it's in a plate or bottle, it goes in.

Calls "dadun" (daddy), says "amin, hallelujah, "abitchu" (I'll beat u) and mimics every other word u say. Can stand up on her own, but not walking yet. Dances by twisting her waist (I need to make a video)

Still breastfeeding, Infact she doesn't ask. She climbs up, holds my top, and pulls it out. She hates to comb her hair too. And she sings "I love u" like a pro.

Mamas.... I can't wait for them to start school. cheesy

27 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 4:21am On Apr 06, 2016
Newmum15:
Pls mamas I need your advice o.My son is almost 9 months and he has refused adult food.I have tried amala and ewedu(blended crayfish and titus fish), mashed sweet potatoes, egg yolk and even pap but he turned them down.All he takes is heinz bottle food(rice pudding, egg custard and their fruity yoghurt/custard).my main concern is, im scared these foods arent nutritious but he wont take any other food.What do I do? Cc @Miraclemum @Onegai @babythug and gbogbo mummies....Epp me o

What are your meal times like? Do you time the meals? You should follow a sequence-three or four hourly for his meal.times. The foods mentioned are nutritious I'm guessing you are concerned about expanding the menu! Some children accept adult foods somewhat late but you just have to keep trying and ensure he's hungry before you offer it. See if someone else can feed him baby may accept it. Does he accept other cereals -cerelac, pap etc? Have you tried indomie with little or no spice? Keep trying and offer from your plate too when eating you may catch his attention.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 4:29am On Apr 06, 2016
@ cutenik- howdy? Which of my handwork you don see? grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmum15: 6:08am On Apr 06, 2016
babythug:

What are your meal times like? Do you time the meals? You should follow a sequence-three or four hourly for his meal.times. The foods mentioned are nutritious I'm guessing you are concerned about expanding the menu! Some children accept adult foods somewhat late but you just have to keep trying and ensure he's hungry before you offer it. See if someone else can feed him baby may accept it. Does he accept other cereals -cerelac, pap etc? Have you tried indomie with little or no spice? Keep trying and offer from your plate too when eating you may catch his attention.
He eats the bottled food well, infact he finishes a whole jar abd cries for more. YES, my main concern is expanding his menu.Gave him indomie, he enjoyed it for 2 days and now he turns it down same with cerealc, frisogold rice and his heinz cereal.i guess ill just keep trying then.Thanks maam
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by livelystone(f): 7:47am On Apr 06, 2016
tatacherie:
Good evening mommies

Like a mama said, find time to visit d creche unexpectedly. if u won't be available, let someone u trust to give u true info do that on ur behalf.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nggie(f): 8:00am On Apr 06, 2016
Newmum15:
consistency is the key ma'am. You have to keep trying until ur lo get a hang of it. He might not eat much like u expect but at least 5 to 10 spoons is enough then u try again. It is well with our lo. Motherhood no be beans..
Also take babythug's advice. @ babythug, well done ma'am.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nggie(f): 8:11am On Apr 06, 2016
@ sayoberry LOL.... Joy of motherhood. May they continue to bring u so much joy n happiness.
@ ozyzy so u Neva c pikin wey born with teeth for mouth? tongue grin
@ tatacherie pls just take the advice other mamas have given. It is well with ur lo. N also try n confront that nanny or beta still take them by surprise by bumping into the creche unexpectedly.
@ mumsgirl27 u have nothing to worry about like mamas have said. Baby is working at her own pace. Don't mind aproko people o. grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 9:14am On Apr 06, 2016
@tatacherie, they must have given her leftover. I had same experience with my first so I stopped expressing. I usually go there to bfeed once they flash me. The luck I had was that the creche is owned by my establishment and just a stone throw. As for d drowsiness, when they start creche newly they are usually unsettled and don't sleep well @ d creche. The week we started creche, as soon as we get home by 2:30, mine will sleep from 3pm to 8:30pm.
Like other mums have suggested,pay them a surprise visit. Sorry o

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by alaura: 9:31am On Apr 06, 2016
G. Morng mamas i da house. My 1 year plus does not like this follow on milk for toddler, she prefers adult milk. Is it ok t give her considering d folow on milk is more nutritious.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 10:24am On Apr 06, 2016
pjthatcher:

I use themolino andnit keeps my baby's pap for 3 days not exaggerating. the pap is warm on the third day though. for the food flask I heard Herz is good but the one I use does not keep food hot at all

does d themolino hv food flask?
for hears don't no were I read it sha bt sm1 said d colored ones kips hot more dan d plain silver ones. donno sha.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 10:28am On Apr 06, 2016
alaura:
G. Morng mamas i da house. My 1 year plus does not like this follow on milk for toddler, she prefers adult milk. Is it ok t give her considering d folow on milk is more nutritious.
a year old child can take adult milk

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 10:30am On Apr 06, 2016
Gr8fulHeart:

does d themolino hv food flask?
for hears don't no were I read it sha bt sm1 said d colored ones kips hot more dan d plain silver ones. donno sha.
they have but the woman I met at the market that encouraged me to buy the one am using now said their food flask does not keep food hot. the haers I use is d plain silver and I don't enjoy it at allllll
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 10:31am On Apr 06, 2016
babythug:

Where you buy the flask biko? Them still get?
I bought it at Lagos island market o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 10:50am On Apr 06, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Dont listen to them o jare!
Every child is different and each will develop at different rates even if you have identical twins!
some babies teeth at 3 months, some at 10, hell some are even born with teeth.... at the end of it, all of them go still use am chop shaki. And who go break teeth ontop cowleg go still break teeth irrespective of when the teeth comot!

Some babies crawl early and take forever to walk, others skip the crawling altogether and start walking with the aid of your furniture. It doesnt mean one will be usain bolt and win sprinting gold.

As other mamas have said, just give her enough floor space to do her thing and she will amaze you in due course. If you have any concerns on your baby's developement, speak to your peadiatrician.

Mama, Pls can I give u a big bear hug grin, Thank you so much...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 10:58am On Apr 06, 2016
nggie:
@ sayoberry LOL.... Joy of motherhood. May they continue to bring u so much joy n happiness.
@ ozyzy so u Neva c pikin wey born with teeth for mouth? tongue grin
@ tatacherie pls just take the advice other mamas have given. It is well with ur lo. N also try n confront that nanny or beta still take them by surprise by bumping into the creche unexpectedly.
@ mumsgirl27 u have nothing to worry about like mamas have said. Baby is working at her own paste. Don't mind aproko people o. grin

Thanks jare mama...na real aproko peoples ***in jenifa's voice** grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.