Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (542) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4409918 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by teeohelyou(f): 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2016
Good day mummies, I am a first timer here and I have a number of questions. First, my baby is 7weeks and he loves food like seriously. But the breast milk is not enough for him. He sucks for hours and afterwards start crying. I was adviced to get SMA, he took it and it purged him. Then I changed to COMPLAN and I'm having the same complain. Pls advice
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 1:51pm On Jun 15, 2016
teeohelyou:
Good day mummies, I am a first timer here and I have a number of questions. First, my baby is 7weeks and he loves food like seriously. But the breast milk is not enough for him. He sucks for hours and afterwards start crying. I was adviced to get SMA, he took it and it purged him. Then I changed to COMPLAN and I'm having the same complain. Pls advice

COMPLAN IS A NO For a 7weeks old baby
Are you or ur hubby lactogen intolerant?
If no! Try nan
Some mamas here talked abt enfamil,similac and others, I don't have much idea abt formulas
Sure other sabi mamas will come in to help

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 2:02pm On Jun 15, 2016
Whyterose:
Pls mama's my 16months old dd has a bad breath and I don't know the cause. I use milkteeth toothpaste and a little brush 4her but we don't brush daily as I was told since she swallows the content of the paste it may harm her system if we do brush daily. Pls how do I ensure a good hygiene and tackle this mouth odour. Pls don't read and pass abeg

You need to clean her tongue very well with the brush to eliminate odour, brushing the teeth alone with paste wont achieve that. I use a finger brush to clean my gurl's tongue and she's a month younger than your child.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 2:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
teeohelyou:

Mama, you're really a first time mum. Complan is not a formula!!! SMA gold 1 is what your baby's age range should be taking. Make sure you adhere to the preparation instruction on the tin. Similac 1 is very mild for the tummy but its quite pricey. A tin should be between 12k and 13k. Please don't starve that baby, get the praparation right and he wont purge. You can also try Nan 1.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 2:18pm On Jun 15, 2016
[quote author=demmykay post=46569382][/quote]

You are welcome, I think it must be system error though I bough only one, what to be sure it suits her skin before buying much. Mama, please do u have idea about how much molfix diaper is sold in abuja other than sahad. the last time I got it for 3200.

comtem2011...Thanks mama, no more worries, just wants to be sure.kisses to ur Lo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by firsttymum(f): 2:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
zaynie:

Yay!!!!!!
I'm dancing here o!
cheesy cheesy grin
So happy to hear this! cheesy

Firsttymum, how va nah?
How big boy?

Shiller.....na St Louis o! The trick might be in the binder or the purity of the sugar.

Rofemiguwa, whatsap?
Sweetie I'm fine o... How u dey?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmykay(f): 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
I salute all the Sabi mama's in the house,my 5weeks lo is bringing 'epin' dirty from the eye and I had been clearing it with water and cottonwool but no diff,pls what can I do ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2016
phunmykay:
I salute all the Sabi mama's in the house,my 5weeks lo is bringing 'epin' dirty from the eye and I had been clearing it with water and cottonwool but no diff,pls what can I do ?

That's all you can do really but if you feel it's excessive then see a Dr.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmykay(f): 3:34pm On Jun 15, 2016
babythug:

That's all you can do really but if you feel it's excessive then see a Dr.
thanks babythug,it is not excessive but another thing is that he gas a lot I mean fart n it smells o is it the intestine or what I eat?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
phunmykay:

thanks babythug,it is not excessive but another thing is that he gas a lot I mean fart n it smells o is it the intestine or what I eat?

Well farts are sometimes smelly now grin

Could be from what you're eating or formula if he's formula fed. As long as he's not in any discomfort please cover your nose when he farts!! grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GenyEbere(f): 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
While I was pregnant I usually don't have appetite,for me to eat I have to look at pictures of food or eat fruits,since I delivered I was expecting a change but no its still same but my breastmilk flows very very well even if I didn't eat do I need to be worried as it is said that what you eat goes into the bm but now what is in mine is what I don't know lol abeg make una help me Nursekaffy4bill zaynie babythug gaily04
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmykay(f): 4:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
babythug:

Well farts are sometimes smelly now grin

Could be from what you're eating or formula if he's formula fed. As long as he's not in any discomfort please cover your nose when he farts!! grin
funny,my lo is on EBF
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MGeey(f): 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2016
MGeey:
Hello mamas, I stopped breastfeeding my son 1 week ago. Apart from using cabbage for one night (couldn't stand the smell though), I didn't do any other thing. Just this morning I noticed a kinda clear fluid dropping from my nipples but none this evening. Please what can I do to dry up the milk? How did you do yours? My boobs are no more engorged and the pains have subsided though one boob is bigger than the other. Thanks

Experienced mamas please, kaffy4bill answer me na. I squeezed my nipples this morning and still noticed fluid. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
GenyEbere:
While I was pregnant I usually don't have appetite,for me to eat I have to look at pictures of food or eat fruits,since I delivered I was expecting a change but no its still same but my breastmilk flows very very well even if I didn't eat do I need to be worried as it is said that what you eat goes into the bm but now what is in mine is what I don't know lol abeg make una help me Nursekaffy4bill zaynie babythug gaily04

Certainly. It was topic of discussion between me and my mum this morning. My cousin just had a set of twins last week in the villa, we felt for her because of their financial status, already have two kids who are already malnourished plus this two, we reached a decision of getting provisions and foodstuff since formula is a No No, so she call help the kids. Its garbage in, garbage out. U may have so much flow as a result of water intake, but u certainly won't have the right nutrients to pass on. Try an have balanced diet, if d size is a problem, eat in small portions and increase the frequency. No need to fret cos fat won't come if u don't have it. Baby needs as much nutrient he can get from you.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
MGeey:

Experienced mamas please, kaffy4bill answer me na. I squeezed my nipples this morning and still noticed fluid. Thanks

You don't need to squeeze cos its assumed that baby stil gets it, so production continues. In my own case, I didn't do anything, took paracetamol but didn't feel any pain, it dried up on its own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 5:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
[quote author=mumsgirl27 post=46597659]

You are welcome, I think it must be system error though I bough only one, what to be sure it suits her skin before buying much. Mama, please do u have idea about how much molfix diaper is sold in abuja other than sahad. the last time I got it for 3200.

Molfix in garki model market is around 3300
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2016
GenyEbere:

Must be all the stress from caring for your baby adding to this no.apetite meme! Can someone cook for you? Try and eat no.matter how little please. If you have to occasionally buy the meals please do but be sure of the source oh! Hang in there it'll get better with time

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 6:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
MGeey:

Pls stop squeezing, once the engorgement and pain is better,the production will reduce too wit time but pls stop squeezing so that you don't start all over again
Hope this helps
One love always
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 15, 2016
MGeey:

stopped breastfeeding my daughter Dec last year, and noticed the milk dried up around April this year.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 6:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
GenyEbere:

I totally relate with you,pls eat no matter how small it is cos b4 u knw it if u don't eat ur milk production will start reducing
Take in small bits if u can't eat big
Your baby need all the nutrient he/she can get and u also need nutrients as a nursing mother
Hope this help
One love always

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GenyEbere(f): 6:31pm On Jun 15, 2016
Tnx gaily04,babythug n nursekaffy
I noticed I enjoy fruits and fluid hope all fruits are safe lol just finished munching garden egg about to jump to apple,my mama say garden egg dey do pikin cough na true?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmykay(f): 7:23pm On Jun 15, 2016
GenyEbere:
Tnx gaily04,babythug n nursekaffy
I noticed I enjoy fruits and fluid hope all fruits are safe lol just finished munching garden egg about to jump to apple,my mama say garden egg dey do pikin cough na true?
Eating fruits n taking fluid is very okay but remember that your diet is not balance at all,as other sabi mamas had said,try to eat not even because of yourself but because of your lo

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 7:43pm On Jun 15, 2016
GenyEbere, how far with the stomach ish?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GenyEbere(f): 8:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
Gaily04:
GenyEbere, how far with the stomach ish?
I coudn't get infacol so I got Nospamin but he is still wriggling.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 15, 2016
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
mamas help me out here. my lo usually have this tiny rashes around one of her eyes. i used to think it was because she slept for long. i used to apply ori(shea butter) mixed with funbactA. Then apply Rising raving powder. it clears it. But i stopped when i heard funbactA isnt good for baby skin even with the ori. I've not used anything for like a week.
Now the eye itches her almost every evening and it becomes red with rashes around her eyelid down to the cheek area.
I tried sudocreme+shea butter this evening
no improvement
tchiwinnie
kaffy4bill
DrAda
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyjip(f): 10:02pm On Jun 15, 2016
Hello mamas in d Hus..... I hv been enjoying my LO but I just hv a question.... Can I give my baby multivitamin + vitamin C and cord liver oil together?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 10:18pm On Jun 15, 2016
[quote author=GenyEbere post=46607268] I coudn't get infacol so I got Nospamin but he is still wriggling.[/quote

Get gbomoro. I used nospamin n it didn't stop d wriggling. It was till my hubby got gbomoro b4 we could sleep. If u r giving gbomoro, no need 4 pcm.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 10:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
@udoka2, Pls what was the result when your mum gave baby the bitter kola water, how is it prepared and what is the dosage?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 10:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
[quote author=sassyangel1 post=46610538][/quote]
Where can someone get the gbomoro? Is it a concoction and what dosage is given?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 10:54pm On Jun 15, 2016
Gaily04:

Where can someone get the gbomoro? Is it a concoction and what dosage is given?

It is not a concoction. You can get it in any reputable pharmaceutical stores. Just endeavor u get the original one. Wish I could snap the bottle buh mine got finished. Just google gbomoro n voilĂ  u will see it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.