Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402717 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by farydah: 9:24pm On Jun 16, 2016
ifyjip:
Mama well-done o.... So I found out that there is seed in my baby's breast I call our hospital metron and she said I shldnt press out d water dat I shld just massage with hot water but the thing seems to be getting bigger, it's my going down at all..... Any suggestion?
my son had the same in both brreeaassrts at birth. I was asked not to touch it and it disappeared wen he was about a month old. Pls stop massaging it or pouring hot water as its not wound. Best wishes ma'am

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 9:45pm On Jun 16, 2016
The pampers premium-5500 mega box, one roll of mega box is 2800 (jumbo), economic pack-1500. If you need more info indicate the side of the diaper
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 9:45pm On Jun 16, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

I cant believe you are even comparing menstrual cramp with colic
You clearly havent had it bad! At all!!!!
Yes it is common, but varies widely in severity so please dont trivialise it to the status of "mere discomfort" and never group paracetamol cramp and post-surgery level diclofenac cramp in the same category.

We have had already had one rant today grin so i stop my typing here....

Pain is pain. Just because the baby can't talk u feel I can't compare it to menstraul pain. It's only in Nigeria we see pain as part of life. It's only in Nigeria one will do surgery n will feel pains after surgery. It's only in Nigeria a pregnant woman will need urgent help 2 deliver n some women will ignore the woman n start saying horrible stuffs 2 d about to deliver mom. Anyways, my baby is grown n I can proudly say I used gbomoro during d colic phase n teething phase n she's sooo beautiful n strong. Nothing's wrong wth her n nothing will b wrong wth her in Jesus Name! It's left 2 d mother 2 sit n watch her baby wriggling n still v strong mind cos it's a normal thing. Enough ranting...

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 10:29pm On Jun 16, 2016
FINA4804:
The pampers premium-5500 mega box, one roll of mega box is 2800 (jumbo), economic pack-1500. If you need more info indicate the side of the diaper

My colleague needs size 3(72), then 4 for me, but not jumbo(if u have size 5 sef, better)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutestmummy: 10:49pm On Jun 16, 2016
dunnybaby:

Complete his medication as prescribed by his doctor afterwards place him on onces a day (5ml) vitaminC..

Thank u soon much for taking time to reply.Its like pple pick who to respond to here now.pls he is on jawaron multivitamin can I add d vit c to it?God will tk kia of ur kids too thank u
esocee is a very good brand of vitc it was prescribed by my paed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutestmummy: 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
kaffy4bill:

COMPLAN IS A NO For a 7weeks old baby
Are you or ur hubby lactogen intolerant?
If no! Try nan
Some mamas here talked abt enfamil,similac and others, I don't have much idea abt formulas
Sure other sabi mamas will come in to help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:12pm On Jun 16, 2016
sassyangel1:

Pain is pain. Just because the baby can't talk u feel I can't compare it to menstraul pain. It's only in Nigeria we see pain as part of life. It's only in Nigeria one will do surgery n will feel pains after surgery. It's only in Nigeria a pregnant woman will need urgent help 2 deliver n some women will ignore the woman n start saying horrible stuffs 2 d about to deliver mom. Anyways, my baby is grown n I can proudly say I used gbomoro during d colic phase n teething phase n she's sooo beautiful n strong. Nothing's wrong wth her n nothing will b wrong wth her in Jesus Name! It's left 2 d mother 2 sit n watch her baby wriggling n still v strong mind cos it's a normal thing. Enough ranting...

My dear, You are entitled to give your child anything you see fit to ease their discomfort, both actual and percieved. But i cant agree with you that pain is pain. If that is the case then paracetamol will be the cure all for every ailment.

As you have put it.... yes babies cannot talk so no one can really know what they are feeling colic-wise.
But i still dont think you can compare colic to menstrual cramps.

If you had even said heartburn or indigestion i would be better inclined to agree with you, but i am sure people with really bad cases would disagree.

When you experience or see someone who has the kind of menstrual cramps that makes one incapacitated for a whole week, needs to be hospitalized and the medication one needs is a highly addictive cocktail one dose short of morphine. Believe me, you will understand pain is not pain.

Even the surgery pain you refer to, you have been sliced, diced and had your internal organs tugged and pulled in all and every direction, do you expect it to be a tickle you will feel? Of course you are going to feel some bad ass pain when the anaesthesia wears off.

I hope you understand that the medication for post surgery pain relief is very addictive, sometimes intoxicating and makes you as high as a freaking kite or even have major hallucinations so if the doctor is not pumping you with medication it is not a "because it is the nigeria" factor and them wanting you to "toughen up" it is because of the possible side effects. Addicton to pain killers is very real and far easier than you think to get hooked.

The only thing i will say against nigeria is that we are not the most empathic bunch. And medical staff dont feel the need to explain things to their patients. While agreed some of our nurses can be quite frankly mean, but spare a thought for an over -worked, under-paid nurse for not holding your hand and caressing your hair while she has 7 other delivering moms all screaming for the same medication she has no power to prescribe while there is only one doctor on duty who can prescribe medication and he might just be in theatre.......

All people are saying is give your child medication with reserve and caution! It is not everyhing that you medicate for. And if medicating ensure the least possible dose is given and ensure the medication is appropriate for both ailment and child plus you actually know what is in the meds you are given the child.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sbabimbola(f): 12:56am On Jun 17, 2016
To loose baby fat after delivery with 100% natural product check out www.mynaturehero.com
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby: 9:55am On Jun 17, 2016
GenyEbere:
While I was pregnant I usually don't have appetite,for me to eat I have to look at pictures of food or eat fruits,since I delivered I was expecting a change but no its still same but my breastmilk flows very very well even if I didn't eat do I need to be worried as it is said that what you eat goes into the bm but now what is in mine is what I don't know lol abeg make una help me Nursekaffy4bill zaynie babythug gaily04

am also like DT.d two deliveries I had my appetite will just go.d first one WS terrible BT I survived then d second I WS given a multivitamin astymin or u can get another good one.pls eat bit by bit or tk liquid if solid does not go.it is well

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby: 10:10am On Jun 17, 2016
zaynie:

Valium is sold in the dispensary.
Indocid....is sold in the dispensary ( it was banned one time).
Tramadol ( the new high drug) is sold in the dispensary too.
Facing those dreaded sleepless night is what we call vigilante......your baby becomes the neighbourhood alarm.
That is why you are given 3 months maternity leave.
That is when you bond with her....learn many ways to ease her pain.
Just cos she cries so loud doesnt mean it hurts that bad. She doesnt know what discomfort is, she has been cocooned in a warm and safe place all her life.
She will cry just as loud for a cold water bath, you washing her face etc It is the wriggling that sets colic aside ( except for the really severe ones)

FYI, felvin ( peroxicam for menstrual cramps) has been linked to infertility in women.

Good luck to you.

And you might want to stock up on more drugs cos of teething, rashes, loss of appetite.....etc wink

Thank for this,I WS given tramadol at d Hosp for neck pain BT my in law said I shld only take one cap and it worked so I wanted to use it after a month for body pain BT my assistant said its like cocaine.so true is it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:56am On Jun 17, 2016
dunnybaby:

Thank for this,I WS given tramadol at d Hosp for neck pain BT my in law said I shld only take one cap and it worked so I wanted to use it after a month for body pain BT my assistant said its like cocaine.so true is it?

Some people abuse it.
Tramadol + lacasera is new date rape drug.
A guy drank it and slept for 2 days straight!
Follow Drs orders.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 11:20am On Jun 17, 2016
babythug:

Nothing to fret about if you're still breastfeeding. Children will always be different. Pap without milk has carbs in it so it has some nutritional value. As long as many accepts it well then there's nothing to fret about. The rest of the nutrients you'll make up for when breastfeeding!
K ma, thanks.

So I took my lo to see a pead, the dr said wot he has is a fungal infection called unguim. He prescribed antibiotics 4 him with a cream aswel. He said such infections are usually caused by okirika/already used socks and asked me to stop wearing him OK socks.
On another note, my lo jst started havin catarrh since yestday. Have bin applying mentholatum on him. Am Thinkin of givin him vit.C, but since he s currently on antibiotics, can I stil giv him d vit.C? Thanks
cc : kaffy4bill
Tchiwinnie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutestmummy: 11:36am On Jun 17, 2016
phunmykay:
I salute all the Sabi mama's in the house,my 5weeks lo is bringing 'epin' dirty from the eye and I had been clearing it with water and cottonwool but no diff,pls what can I do ?
use warm water and a clean napkin to massage under his eyes,it will clear my son experienced same
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutestmummy: 11:42am On Jun 17, 2016
teeohelyou:
Good day mummies, I am a first timer here and I have a number of questions. First, my baby is 7weeks and he loves food like seriously. But the breast milk is not enough for him. He sucks for hours and afterwards start crying. I was adviced to get SMA, he took it and it purged him. Then I changed to COMPLAN and I'm having the same complain. Pls advice
try lactogen babies tolerate it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MadameU: 11:52am On Jun 17, 2016
My opinion would always stand, giving a child (infant or toddler) drugs is not my fancy and would not be my first line of action. People ! be careful to make informed decisions when it comes to medicating ... i loved the Zaynie rant, no one gets it all 100% all the time esp when its a rant, so to the pain comment make una no take am to heart. Zaynie i am sending you a PM just hit the accept/ reply button when you see my mail.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
Oluqueen:
Evening wonderful mammas, I have being off for a while. Please I need help/ advise , anything to just make my baby girls stop feeding at night. No matter what they eat at night, they still wake up like two times before daybreak. They are 16 months o!. I don tire, please what can I do?

God bless you all.

Let them eat very well by 10pm then wake up by 3am to give them tea, they wont wake till morning. 1 week of consistency, they'll adjust to your timetable then with time you wont need to wake up by 3am anymore. Presently, i give my daughter indomie and egg or pounded yam and draw soup by 10pm, then wake at 3am to give her 150ml of thick tea till 6am before i'd wake her to start her meal again. She's 15months and goes to creche so i do my best at night to cover up for whatever meal she may have missed during the day at the creche.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
Mamas help meeee! Mother in law seems to have a boil that is contagious esp on babies she bathe. She also touches it every time she talks. My fear n concern is for my newborn o, make she no give am cos I can't stop her from carrying her grandchild o. Am at loss for wat to do. Any suggestions plsssss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MadameU: 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2016
Byolitabeauty abeg arrange dettol, handwash, handsanitizer and savlon for ya house. Good Hygiene is key, keep baby bath and all your baby gear clean, dry and nice,wash and dry clean with disnefectant as you go. Then tell mama that the nurses said you all should wash your hands and sanitise em before carting baby or handling her things.in addition continue sterilizing your feeding utensils.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2016
ifyjip:
Mama well-done o.... So I found out that there is seed in my baby's breast I call our hospital metron and she said I shldnt press out d water dat I shld just massage with hot water but the thing seems to be getting bigger, it's my going down at all..... Any suggestion?

Pls don't massage or press. It will disappear with time
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 4:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
byolitabeauty:
Mamas help meeee! Mother in law seems to have a boil that is contagious esp on babies she bathe. She also touches it every time she talks. My fear n concern is for my newborn o, make she no give am cos I can't stop her from carrying her grandchild o. Am at loss for wat to do. Any suggestions plsssss

Is it possible to get her to the hosp for treatment? If yes,pls do and also ensure everybody sanitize their hands b4 touching the baby
Be careful wit feeding utensils too
Her clothings and beddings too
Other mamas will contribute
Hope this helps

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 4:50pm On Jun 17, 2016
MiracleMum:

Let them eat very well by 10pm then wake up by 3am to give them tea, they wont wake till morning. 1 week of consistency, they'll adjust to your timetable then with time you wont need to wake up by 3am anymore. Presently, i give my daughter indomie and egg or pounded yam and draw soup by 10pm, then wake at 3am to give her 150ml of thick tea till 6am before i'd wake her to start her meal again. She's 15months and goes to creche so i do my best at night to cover up for whatever meal she may have missed during the day at the creche.

Cc-oluqueen

Its possible the children are getting up to eat/drink out of habit and not actual hunger.

Even that 10pm id suggest you start reducing it. Typically toddlers should be in bed by 8pm though I know the hassles of living in naija don't help with following routines.

Anyway try giving water in the middle of the night instead. They'll.most likely adjust and start sleeping through the night after a few days of crying and protesting.

Hope this helps
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 4:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
byolitabeauty:

You need to get her to a hospital right away. If she the type that wont take meds biko ask Dr privately to give her injections.

Follow MadameU and kaffy4bill's suggestions too. Its better you address the matter head on.

Whose babies has she been bathing and passing the boil to? Don't the owners mind?

Point it out to your hubby subtly if need be abeg. E ma fi itiju Ko Arun oh- nor take shyness abi Na coyness carry disease oh!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 17, 2016
kaffy4bill, thanx for d prompt response. D boil is on her thigh n its not healed completely. My baby is a newbown and she wld have to put my baby on her thigh to bathe. I have sanitizers n ko, but d wahala is that can my baby contact it thru her open wound ( cos she will lay d baby to her thigh wen bathing) or is there a polite way of telling her I wld rather bathe my baby myself since I have bin doin so for about a month now.

kaffy4bill:

Is it possible to get her to the hosp for treatment? If yes,pls do and also ensure everybody sanitize their hands b4 touching the baby
Be careful wit feeding utensils too
Her clothings and beddings too
Other mamas will contribute
Hope this helps
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
Tanx mama, doc actually prescribed medications but I read dat that boil is in her blood she kips having n she told me (unknowningly) that 2 babies who she bathe Fot also had it, dat she that she got it from one of those babies but according to her doctor that particular specie of boil is from an infection n in her blood. I don't wanna be rude but its my baby's well being we are talking abt here.

quote author=babythug post=46664507]

You need to get her to a hospital right away. If she the type that wont take meds biko ask Dr privately to give her injections.

Follow MadameU and kaffy4bill's suggestions too. Its better you address the matter head on.

Whose babies has she been bathing and passing the boil to? Don't the owners mind?

Point it out to your hubby subtly if need be abeg. E ma fi itiju Ko Arun oh- nor take shyness abi Na coyness carry disease oh! [/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2016
byolitabeauty:
Tanx mama, doc actually prescribed medications but I read dat that boil is in her blood she kips having n she told me (unknowningly) that 2 babies who she bathe Fot also had it, dat she that she got it from one of those babies but according to her doctor that particular specie of boil is from an infection n in her blood. I don't wanna be rude but its my baby's well being we are talking abt here.
Even if it's in her blood, d antibiotics prescribed should handle it. In the mean time tell her politely to wait till d boil heals completely before bathing baby. Up hygiene level in your house as MadameU advised.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by teeohelyou(f): 6:53pm On Jun 17, 2016
My 7 weeks baby has catarrh. Pls what can I use for him or if there is an alternative to medicine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 8:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
Gaily04:

My colleague needs size 3(72), then 4 for me, but not jumbo(if u have size 5 sef, better)
Yes, I have them
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
teeohelyou:
My 7 weeks baby has catarrh. Pls what can I use for him or if there is an alternative to medicine

Read back a few pages you'd see different suggestions proffered for managing catarrh in infants!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Laeroy(f): 9:19am On Jun 18, 2016
Sabi mamas....helpppppp am looosing weighttttt....wat I see now is a skeleton....I have a 7months old baby who's been breastfed and I do Laundry for a living, please how can I gain weight? my sister's wedding is in few weeks...I dont want to look haggard.....please help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:54am On Jun 18, 2016
Laeroy:
Sabi mamas....helpppppp am looosing weighttttt....wat I see now is a skeleton....I have a 7months old baby who's been breastfed and I do Laundry for a living, please how can I gain weight? my sister's wedding is in few weeks...I dont want to look haggard.....please help

Is your 7 month old still exclusively breastfed?
You may want to introduce cereals.
Also eat right and increase your meals by 1 or 2.
Drink milk, yoghurt, malt and lots of water for your skin.
Eat eggs daily, veggies and fruits will make you look fresh even if you dont fatten up, eat starchy food like pounded yam, eba, fufu and amala.
Just eat sha......buh when you start to spread....don't say na Zaynie o! lipsrsealed

IMO, even if you are skinny, as long as you look fresh, healthy and beautiful, people will admire you and even ask you for the magic to your weight loss.
They know you have a suckling child nah.

BabaGod.....make me sef talk say I don lose too much weight one day embarassed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 10:14am On Jun 18, 2016
zaynie:

BabaGod.....make me sef talk say I don lose too much weight one day embarassed

As in ehn, this prayer no be for only u o.
I uses to weight 70kg o was saying am overweight as bmi suggests 65kg.

I later saw 72,75,77,82,87,90,then 98kg.

Wat can I do to be 70kg again?

I can't imagine the joy when I will be even 77kg again.
Healthy, shapy n happy.

Baba God o. Emino fe lose weight o.

Kikikikikiki.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MadameU: 10:37am On Jun 18, 2016
Feeling iomoge and Zaynie like joke like joke I'm even twice my preggo size right now. Wish I could just see myself losing fat.... in line with this anyone in abuja that knows a good personal fitness coach or trainer should hook me up. Have a lovely weekend everyone .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Pearl619 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.