Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (543) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402961 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:54pm On Jun 15, 2016
Nospamin?
Gbomoro?
Infacol?
For colic?
You dont need that and NO DOCTOR/NURSE in his/ her right sense will prescribe it to you.

Colic is a way your baby's intestines adjust to feeding. It can be mild or severe but it MUST happen.
......That sudden cry once in a while?
.........That awful night no one slept?
All those drugs will simply tamper with the digestive system and your baby will find digestion difficult leading to constipation = no poop.
This in turn will make you seek agbo jedi....anything to make the deadly farts stop and bring on the poopies. The poopies come but then colic sets in again.
The cycle continues.

The 1st year of a child is the most crucial period! Its the learning phase!
The brain learns!
The intestines learn!
The limbs learn to move!
The gums and teeth learn!
Let them learn!

Stop drugging your kids just cos you want some peace cos of their cries!
Your child wont die of colic!
These concoctions are number one baby killers.....
The fake of it nko?
Overdose?

Someborri gave her baby infacol for crying, turns out baby just needed a diaper change!

When you are pregnant, Dr says be careful what drugs you use, its cos they know what those drugs can do over time.
When you are breastfeeding, same thing.
Then why are you giving drugs directly to these lil lovelies? Stressing out dem lil livers.
Livers that might be weak to start with.
Liver that has barely found its feet.....

COLIC IS NORMAL
IT LASTS FOR ABOUT 4MONTHS
IT IS WORSE IN BOYS
NO CURE
NO PREVENTION
IT IS NOT A DISEASE
IT IS A PROCESS
ACCEPT IT, MOVE ON

#ThisIsARant
#iSound LikeThisCos iCare kiss

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutegozy1: 11:15pm On Jun 15, 2016
[quote author=zaynie post=46442621]Frantoy
-get a bowl with a lid ( I used that tiny Gerber glass jar)
- crush a cube of sugar in it ( the woman insisted it should be St Louis o).
- add palmoil to it so that it is neither too thick nor too loose.
Give him half a spoon.
The coughing will subside for like 2-3 hours.
Let me know whether it works or not so I can either shut my mouth or spread the gospel grin.

Please MA, how many times a day
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 11:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
zaynie:
Nospamin?
Gbomoro?
Infacol?
For colic?
You dont need that and NO DOCTOR/NURSE in his/ her right sense will prescribe it to you.

Colic is a way your baby's intestines adjust to feeding. It can be mild or severe but it MUST happen.
All those drugs will simply tamper with the digestive system and your baby will find digestion difficult leading to constipation = no poop.
This in turn will make you seek agbo jedi....anything to make the deadly farts stop and bring on the poopies. The poopies come but then colic sets in again.
The cycle continues.

The brain learns!
The intestines learn!
The limbs learn to move!
Let them learn!

The fake of it nko?
Overdose?

Someborri gave her baby infacol for crying, turns out baby just needed a diaper change!

When you are pregnant, Dr says be careful what drugs you use, its cos they know what those drugs can do over time.
Then why are you giving drugs directly to these lil lovelies? Stressing out dem lil livers.

COLIC IS NORMAL
IT IS WORSE IN BOYS
NO CURE
NO PREVENTION
IT IS NOT A DISEASE
IT IS A PROCESS
ACCEPT IT, MOVE ON

#ThisIsARant

Just like menstrual pain is common n u sit n watch urself being uncomfortable Jeez!!! I couldn't bear my daughter facing those dreaded n sleepless nights cos nobody too could sleep in the house. Not until I was prescribed to use gbomoro in our military hospital b4 we could rest @ night. Do u knw the funny thing? It's sold in our dispensary too. If u feel u can sit, watch n v sleepless nights then kudos to you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 11:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
mumsgirl27:
Good afternoon mamas, Please who has giving her Lo this cereal, bought it from shoprite and my daughter seems to be enjoying it
Got the maize, baby likes it. Which branch of Hmedix did you see the soap. How much?
My baby's face is lighter too, no worries. I use sebamed so I don't think it's the Shea butter.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 11:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
sassyangel1:

It is not a concoction. You can get it in any reputable pharmaceutical stores. Just endeavor u get the original one. Wish I could snap the bottle buh mine got finished. Just google gbomoro n voilà u will see it.

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 11:48pm On Jun 15, 2016
Zaynie God bless you for that " rant " I pray they listen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 12:10am On Jun 16, 2016
GenyEbere:
I coudn't get infacol so I got Nospamin but he is still wriggling.

I hear nospamin isn't good for babies. Maybe you should try massaging the tummy with hot towel, eliminate milk and beans from your diet(for now) and lay baby to sleep on the tummy. It may help relive the discomfort.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 12:13am On Jun 16, 2016
ifyjip:
Hello mamas in d Hus..... I hv been enjoying my LO but I just hv a question.... Can I give my baby multivitamin + vitamin C and cord liver oil together?

The multivitamin and vitamin c are unnecessary as far as I know. Especially for babies on only breast milk. Cod liver oil may help with skin and bone development but isn't compulsory too!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 12:42am On Jun 16, 2016
Gaily04:

Thanks

Uw...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 12:46am On Jun 16, 2016
zaynie:
Nospamin?
Gbomoro?
Infacol?
For colic?

The cycle continues.

The brain learns!
The intestines learn!
The limbs learn to move!
Let them learn!

The fake of it nko?
Overdose?

COLIC IS NORMAL
IT IS WORSE IN BOYS
NO CURE
NO PREVENTION
IT IS NOT A DISEASE
IT IS A PROCESS
ACCEPT IT, MOVE ON

#ThisIsARant

Just like menstrual pain is common n u sit n watch urself being uncomfortable Jeez!!! I couldn't bear my daughter facing those dreaded n sleepless nights cos nobody too could sleep in the house. Not until I was prescribed to use gbomoro in our military hospital b4 we could rest @ night. Do u knw the funny thing? It's sold in our dispensary too. If u feel u can sit, watch n v sleepless nights then kudos to you.
[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:08am On Jun 16, 2016
sassyangel1:

Of course the hidden alcohol and sedative in it will calm her down afterall all you want is for your daughter to be calm so the household can sleep? Good one. Read up on colic and you'd know that it has no cure! And many doctors are standing up against it but a few will still bend to the pressure of a worried mother and prescribe some just to get them off their hair. Do what pleases you this also applies to genyebere you were advised to wait it out but still went and got the nospamin now its gbomoro what will it be tomorrow? Its your child anyways.

12 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 1:11am On Jun 16, 2016
@zaynie,you couldn't have said it better sis
He who has ears,let him hear

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 1:44am On Jun 16, 2016
hotmum:
mamas help me out here. my lo usually have this tiny rashes around one of her eyes. i used to think it was because she slept for long. i used to apply ori(shea butter) mixed with funbactA. Then apply Rising raving powder. it clears it. But i stopped when i heard funbactA isnt good for baby skin even with the ori. I've not used anything for like a week.
Now the eye itches her almost every evening and it becomes red with rashes around her eyelid down to the cheek area.
I tried sudocreme+shea butter this evening
no improvement
tchiwinnie
kaffy4bill
DrAda

Sound like an allergic reaction
Pls take the baby to the hosp
My rgds to ur lo
Sure other mamas will comment
One love always

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:28am On Jun 16, 2016
sassyangel1:

I cant believe you are even comparing menstrual cramp with colic
You clearly havent had it bad! At all!!!!
Yes it is common, but varies widely in severity so please dont trivialise it to the status of "mere discomfort" and never group paracetamol cramp and post-surgery level diclofenac cramp in the same category.

We have had already had one rant today grin so i stop my typing here....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GenyEbere(f): 6:00am On Jun 16, 2016
I have read a lot about colic and yes it has NO CURE but I thought what was wrong with my baby is different as he doesn't cry like most authors will say about colic(that the baby will be crying)(forgive my ignorance) now I know.
Tnx zaynie for the rant cos thats what I need,nursekaffy4bill,alphahandmaid,liftedhands a.k.a mama Ekene,babythug tnx tnx will be massaging and laying him on my legs to help him.
Gaily04 hope you hear cos me I don hear o
Good morning wonderful mothers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 6:37am On Jun 16, 2016
sassyangel1:

Valium is sold in the dispensary.
Indocid....is sold in the dispensary ( it was banned one time).
Tramadol ( the new high drug) is sold in the dispensary too.
Facing those dreaded sleepless night is what we call vigilante......your baby becomes the neighbourhood alarm.
That is why you are given 3 months maternity leave.
That is when you bond with her....learn many ways to ease her pain.
Just cos she cries so loud doesnt mean it hurts that bad. She doesnt know what discomfort is, she has been cocooned in a warm and safe place all her life.
She will cry just as loud for a cold water bath, you washing her face etc It is the wriggling that sets colic aside ( except for the really severe ones)

FYI, felvin ( peroxicam for menstrual cramps) has been linked to infertility in women.

Good luck to you.

And you might want to stock up on more drugs cos of teething, rashes, loss of appetite.....etc wink

13 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 7:56am On Jun 16, 2016
hotmum:
mamas help me out here. my lo usually have this tiny rashes around one of her eyes. i used to think it was because she slept for long. i used to apply ori(shea butter) mixed with funbactA. Then apply Rising raving powder. it clears it. But i stopped when i heard funbactA isnt good for baby skin even with the ori. I've not used anything for like a week.
Now the eye itches her almost every evening and it becomes red with rashes around her eyelid down to the cheek area.
I tried sudocreme+shea butter this evening
no improvement
tchiwinnie
Ada
Pls as nurse kaffy said, take her to d hospital. The eyes will need to be examined and treatment given accordingly.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 8:03am On Jun 16, 2016
@zaynie, doctors(paediatricians) prescribe infacol. Its not in d same category wt gbomoro or gripe water and d rest. The advice is usu to wait it out but in very severe cases, u can gv infacol, and it does help most of d time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 16, 2016
tchiwinnie:
Pls as nurse kaffy said, take her to d hospital. The eyes will need to be examined and treatment given accordingly.
Thanks ma'am. will go there tomorrow
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by teeohelyou(f): 8:44am On Jun 16, 2016
teeohelyou:
Good day mummies, I am a first timer here and I have a number of questions. First, my baby is 7weeks and he loves food like seriously. But the breast milk is not enough for him. He sucks for hours and afterwards start crying. I was adviced to get SMA, he took it and it purged him. Then I changed to COMPLAN and I'm having the same complain. Pls advice
. Thanks to the mommas for your comments.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 8:56am On Jun 16, 2016
tchiwinnie:
@zaynie, doctors(paediatricians) prescribe infacol. Its not in d same category wt gbomoro or gripe water and d rest. The advice is usu to wait it out but in very severe cases, u can gv infacol, and it does help most of d time.

Severe with most probably a lot of pressure from parents.
Most Drs won't budge unless it is affecting feeding and/or weight gain.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:15am On Jun 16, 2016
Zaynie and Kaffy4bill, just leave the matter. Someone who believes that there is a cure for every ailment in a bottle of medicine isn't going to change her mind because of what we say here and no matter how much you sing "don't drug your baby" here daily, some mother's will still come for answers wanting and ready to buy medicine. They still sell Piccan, Infacol, baby cough syrup, baby teething powders and lots more on the market, doesn't mean it's good. And some doctors don't update themselves about what's new in Medical practises.

Everyone, please do what's best for your child. If Agbo is the answer, please go for it. If Antibiotics for teething is the answer, go for it. At the and of the day, you're the mum, not us.

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 10:09am On Jun 16, 2016
Colic has degree. Infacol helped my baby's colic a lot. You need a rested mum to give baby maximum care.
Nospamin is a no no for me because of its active ingredient.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maxiflexi(f): 11:09am On Jun 16, 2016
Zaynie, I just want to say I've got madt love for you Babe (no homo)

#epicrant #muchneededadvice.

Pls, share this advice in the other thread before those FTMs come here and you need to repeat yourself.

Again kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 12:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
comtem2011....Thanks mama, The prices are almost the same. my love to ur Lo.

@ozycy... My Daughter also love, I think I will get more for her. The one in garki, one is sold for 320.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by teeohelyou(f): 1:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
teeohelyou:
. Thanks to the mommas for your comments.
My 7 weeks baby has catarrh. Pls what can I use for him or if there is an alternative to medicine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyjip(f): 2:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
Mama well-done o.... So I found out that there is seed in my baby's breast I call our hospital metron and she said I shldnt press out d water dat I shld just massage with hot water but the thing seems to be getting bigger, it's my going down at all..... Any suggestion?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhukie(f): 4:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
ifyjip:
Mama well-done o.... So I found out that there is seed in my baby's breast I call our hospital metron and she said I shldnt press out d water dat I shld just massage with hot water but the thing seems to be getting bigger, it's my going down at all..... Any suggestion?
i dont know how old your baby his but myson had same and the nurse at MCC said it is due to my hormones in him and it will flatten later his used to bring out milk and it did stop even before he was a month old.

As adult we are advised not take drugs indiscriminately because it damages the liver at the long run much less babies that a drug is prescribed by a pharmacist does not mean it is proper and i think it is high time people stop prescribing drugs online, that it works for you or that a symptom is similar does not mean the sickness are same. seek all medical help from a professional who can see what you are saying and not doctor google or sabi mama. every sickness in a child is not colic or teething. go to the hospital to see certified health practitioners and not nurse muyiwa, doctored trained nurses or i have given birth to 20 so i know all about children.

#saynotoindiscriminatedruguse

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lcoral(f): 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
babythug:

What's the hurry for him to sit dear? Let him sit when he's ready oh.

Some children start teething early you'd just have to go with the flow.

Hopefully his teething will be with minimal drama ie no fever or stooling.

__̅_̅̅_̅̅̅Ω̴̩̩̩̥‎kA̶̲̥̅̊Ɣ. Its just the fever which isn't stable but he is been placed on drugs because he has cough and catarrh which is really disturbing his sleep. I thank God he is eating as usually. Most of the children in his creche also have same am sure he got it from there. God guide our children and give us parents the strength and wisdom to take care of them.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2016
zaynie:
Nospamin?
Gbomoro?
Infacol?
For colic?

The cycle continues.

The brain learns!
The intestines learn!
The limbs learn to move!
Let them learn!

The fake of it nko?
Overdose?

COLIC IS NORMAL
IT IS WORSE IN BOYS
NO CURE
NO PREVENTION
IT IS NOT A DISEASE
IT IS A PROCESS
ACCEPT IT, MOVE ON

#ThisIsARant

For 3days now my baby v not poo, only gas. The small one she even pooed strong for her to release. I'm not giving her any colipan again even though na doctor prescribed am. See me eating orange like a mad woman so she can suck it wn I bf her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 7:49pm On Jun 16, 2016
phunmykay:

thanks babythug,it is not excessive but another thing is that he gas a lot I mean fart n it smells o is it the intestine or what I eat?
Allow baby to fart o mama, am sure he doesn't poo everyday, so pls let him discharge gas accordingly biko.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oluqueen: 8:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
Evening wonderful mammas, I have being off for a while. Please I need help/ advise , anything to just make my baby girls stop feeding at night. No matter what they eat at night, they still wake up like two times before daybreak. They are 16 months o!. I don tire, please what can I do?

God bless you all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.