Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,973 members, 7,848,920 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:02 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4444812 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 10:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
Pls mamas how long does an episitomy wound heals, cos am gettin uncomfortable with mine. And how can i make it heal faster??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by creamchiccb(f): 10:58pm On Jul 07, 2016
Hello sabi mamas!Happy holiday!Am takin my baby for circumcision tomao!please how do I ease d pain?nd how long does it take to heal?am feelin for him already,wish I can take d pain 4 him!@Mitchyy its gud u take hansel 2d clinic buh if its mild u can do mornin exposure 2 sunlight!ur mum shud be able 2 tel if its mild or not
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GenyEbere(f): 11:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
welcome ginababy,mitchyy
trust your motherly instint mitchyy
creamchicb just apply the pen oiltment and give him breeeeez miik lol,if its ring it will fall off within 5days.
Enkaydewdrop where are you oooo how is vigilante

In order newz my ds cough is almost gone and his chest is clear.

pls o I want to ask what is the essence of pressing nrwborns hot water,make una tell me sabi mamas

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joysa(f): 11:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
ozycy:

Allow it to burst by itself, then endeavour to clean and put whatever you used to clean inside WC and flush and wash hand properly afterward.
thanks. it burst this morning. watchin it..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amhappy(f): 12:03am On Jul 08, 2016
Urgent please, I will be back to introduce myself. Breastmilk not flowing. Baby will be 4days tomorrow, I have bought nan 1 but not sure how to measure and prepare the formula, pls help, my baby is starving.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joysa(f): 12:03am On Jul 08, 2016
mitchyy:
Mamas please i need your help!!!

My ds is one week old and before we left the hospital, two doctors came to check him for traces of jaundice and they said he doesn't have it. But before we left, i noticed his eyes are a bit yellow. I insisted that he should be checked but everyone around said if he has jaundice it'll show in his skin.
My mum got some herbs to use to wash his skin yesterday. She said it will clear the jaundice if he truly has it. She wanted to give him to drink but i and dh refused.
This morning i noticed if i touch his skin and remove my hand, it'll be yellow. Should i take him to the hospital for test and treatment? Mum doesn't want me to. Said the herbs is better.
This is my first child and i don't want to make mistakes. I just feel so bad that he's not okay cry cry cry
pls take him to d hosp. a bilirubin test wil b run on him & if d values are normal, u 'll b sent home. same happened wt my son, noticed it after 3 days , went to d hosp & a test was run on him, d values were normal. did follow-up twice & dat was it. better to check & b sure than gettin worked up.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joysa(f): 12:10am On Jul 08, 2016
ozycy:

Lol, I thought am the only one that can't leave my kids for my mum. They go wound my mum for me o, I can't shout. Meanwhile my mum can stay with my sis kids comfortably.
same here ooo.. My 2yr+ son gives her so much stress. she's always packaging him to stay in my room wit me. Lol
cc:ahnie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joysa(f): 12:11am On Jul 08, 2016
mitchyy:

I've told mum to hold off on the herbs. I've not been comfortable with it. MIL said its fine as long as he's not drinking it. So many conflicting opinions
nothing wrong bathing wt agbo.. it's d drinking that's a big no. Pls stand ur ground
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joysa(f): 12:17am On Jul 08, 2016
ginababy:

Formula was introduced due to lack of bm during d first 5days. + baby turned to drop weight. During our last weight check he drastically bounced back. I just don't like doing effect of formula on him(strong poop).
since you're givin formula , u should b givin d baby water too

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 12:18am On Jul 08, 2016
Amhappy:
Urgent please, I will be back to introduce myself. Breastmilk not flowing. Baby will be 4days tomorrow, I have bought nan 1 but not sure how to measure and prepare the formula, pls help, my baby is starving.

The instructions should be on the body of the formula

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 12:19am On Jul 08, 2016
Jennykoko3009:
Pls mamas how long does an episitomy wound heals, cos am gettin uncomfortable with mine. And how can i make it heal faster??

Are u doing sitz bath? With warm water?
It helps

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 12:21am On Jul 08, 2016
mitchyy:

I just got back from the hospital now and met the main doc. He still insists its not jaundice and said i shud take him out under early morning sun, to put my mind at rest.

I don't know any good paeditrician in my area. I live around Ibeju-Lekki axis.

without running any tests? That's dangerous. Pls take him to another hospital and insist on them running bilibirin test. Outside this country it's routine for any new baby

Better to be safe than sorry.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 12:22am On Jul 08, 2016
Amhappy:

Start by washing and sterilising his bottles.

Then boil water and fill a flask - this water will be used in preparing his meals.

Follow the instructions on the tin. The rule of thumb is 1:3. That is, one scoop of formula for every 30ml of water. For example, my son is currently on 100ml and I add 3 scoops of formula.

Start with about 20ml of formula and then gradually increase it.

Don't forget to also give him ordinary warm water so as to prevent constipation.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joysa(f): 12:23am On Jul 08, 2016
Amhappy:
I've not used formula at dis stage for my kids but I know method of prep is written on d tin, pls follow it
according to d baby's age. try & take lots of warm/hot fluid- water, pap,tea,peppersoup to help ur bresast milk & keep puttin baby to suck
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joysa(f): 12:32am On Jul 08, 2016
Jennykoko3009:
how many wks after delivery are u now? I'm almost 6wks & mine was well healed @ 3wks sotay i kpekused sef..(mine was a nasty tear down to my anus dat was stitched) d site is stil abit hard but theres no pain again. I hope u are n't sittin in hot water? do warm sitz bath atleast 3x daily for atleast 15mins per time
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joysa(f): 12:39am On Jul 08, 2016
creamchiccb:
Hello sabi mamas!Happy holiday!Am takin my baby for circumcision tomao!please how do I ease d pain?nd how long does it take to heal?am feelin for him already,wish I can take d pain 4 him!

if its plastibel, it should fall off within 10days. for both my sons,it fell @ 5days then d redness gradually tapers off but I sponge bath & don't allow water touch d site until it falls. they'll giv u paracetamol & antibiotics at d hospital. I feel u.. he'll b fine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joysa(f): 12:49am On Jul 08, 2016
GenyEbere:
w
pls o I want to ask what is the essence of pressing nrwborns hot water,make una tell me sabi mamas
me too no no o.. my mom doesnt bliv in or do it, it's MIL dat does it but not wt very hot water, says it's a form of massage.. well, I guess so because he sleeps really well after dat bath

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 2:02am On Jul 08, 2016
Joysa:
how many wks after delivery are u now? I'm almost 6wks & mine was well healed @ 3wks sotay i kpekused sef..(mine was a nasty tear down to my anus dat was stitched) d site is stil abit hard but theres no pain again. I hope u are n't sittin in hot water? do warm sitz bath atleast 3x daily for atleast 15mins per time
abeg was there pain at d site when u kpekus, finally did d do and i just froze halfway cos of peppery sensation and pain at d site. I dont plan to go back dt road for a long time. Hw cn i elevate my pain??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 3:14am On Jul 08, 2016
favoredgal:

Are u doing sitz bath? With warm water? It helps
Thanks for ur reply, bt how long can i sit on d warm water?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 3:17am On Jul 08, 2016
Joysa:

Thanks for ur reply. Am almost 2weeks nw.. 15mins??!! Wont d water get cold after 15mins or shud d water b a bit hot?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ify84(m): 3:40am On Jul 08, 2016
helovesme:

Malaria in adults especially breastfeeding mothers should not be taken lightly. Please do not go with "word of mouth" prescription. Go and see a doctor.

The doctor will prescribe the most suitable malaria drug that's safe to use as you are breastfeeding. Do not forget that any medication a breastfeeding mum takes can easily find its way to her breast milk and the wrong medication could have adverse effects on a breastfed child.

Noted. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:07am On Jul 08, 2016
Jennykoko3009:

Thanks for ur reply. Am almost 2weeks nw.. 15mins??!! Wont d water get cold after 15mins or shud d water b a bit hot?

The water should not be so hot as you cant sit in it. I guess the 15 mins is just a guideline... if if gets cool you can top up with more hotwater to make it warmer.

The general advise is to allow 6 weeks before any sexual activites. Some people heal faster and are up for some hankypanky sooner than others. Everyone is different so listen to your body.

Intercourse may be a bit painful or uncomfortable the first time, however there is no need ro suffer in silence... if it hurts too much stop and you can try again another time... remember that there may be scar tissue there that you need to get used to as well.

To promote faster healing a couple of drops of good quality essential oil in thr sitz bath worked well for me. You can use either:
●Lavender oil
●Frankincense oil
●Helichrysum oil (costs an arm and a leg but this one worked magic after 2 uses)

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 5:57am On Jul 08, 2016
tchiwinnie:
lol. It definitely won't b ebf again. Ebf means giving a baby breast milk ONLY for the first 6 months of life.

OK.! Tnx.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 5:59am On Jul 08, 2016
soonest:
@ginababy, if u r sure ur supply is sufficient now you can stop d formula. Note that you will hv to feed more often or follow his cue, formula is more filling than bm

I've resume formula. Baby was becoming 2 light.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 6:00am On Jul 08, 2016
Joysa:

same here ooo.. My 2yr+ son gives her so much stress. she's always packaging him to stay in my room wit me. Lol
cc:ahnie
i dont even blame the woman...the last time we went to visit mum...zino was 11months plus...4am in the morning zino woke up and went about parambulating the kitchen axis charting...Jesus!jesus!jesus!jesus!jesus..mum was shocked seeing her behaving so.so mum woke me up...i didnt even bother to stand up...i just told my mum"mama give am food na food she want"immediately she was given the food...zino jejely sat down and was fed.infact mum practically threw us outta her house grin grin grin grin grin.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 6:00am On Jul 08, 2016
helovesme:

If his poo is too thick, then you need to change the constituency of the formula. I always go a scoop less than the recommended quantity. You also need to give him plain water to drink as this will prevent constipation.

OK! Tnx a bunch. I'll do just that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 6:01am On Jul 08, 2016
Joysa:
since you're givin formula , u should b givin d baby water too

Yes I will. Tnx.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 6:02am On Jul 08, 2016
ginababy:

I've resume formula. Baby was becoming 2 light.
burp him after every meal.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 6:09am On Jul 08, 2016
ahnie:
burp him after every meal.

I do. I make sure I burp until he berge yet he vomits tru d mouth n nose bt doesn't wt bm.

Dis na another mata. Wat cud b wrong?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 6:13am On Jul 08, 2016
ginababy:

I do. I make sure I burp until he berge yet he vomits tru d mouth n nose bt doesn't wt bm.

Dis na another mata. Wat cud b wrong?
maam soonest,tchiwinnie,nurse kaffy4bills oya make una com to this bae,s aid o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 7:23am On Jul 08, 2016
Jennykoko3009:

Thanks for ur reply, bt how long can i sit on d warm water?

10 mins
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:16am On Jul 08, 2016
ahnie:
maam soonest,tchiwinnie,nurse kaffy4bills oya make una com to this bae,s aid o
Pls what's d original question?

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.