Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,270 members, 7,839,354 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4434852 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 9:18am On Jul 08, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

The water should not be so hot as you cant sit in it. I guess the 15 mins is just a guideline... if if gets cool you can top up with more hotwater to make it warmer.

The general advise is to allow 6 weeks before any sexual activites. Some people heal faster and are up for some hankypanky sooner than others. Everyone is different so listen to your body.

Intercourse may be a bit painful or uncomfortable the first time, however there is no need ro suffer in silence... if it hurts too much stop and you can try again another time... remember that there may be scar tissue there that you need to get used to as well.

To promote faster healing a couple of drops of good quality essential oil in thr sitz bath worked well for me. You can use either:
●Lavender oil
●Frankincense oil
●Helichrysum oil (costs an arm and a leg but this one worked magic after 2 uses)
Thanks Ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 9:21am On Jul 08, 2016
favoredgal:

10 mins
Thank u ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 9:55am On Jul 08, 2016
ahnie:
maam soonest,tchiwinnie,nurse kaffy4bills oya make una com to this bae,s aid o
Ginababy, hope you aren't over feeding him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joysa(f): 10:08am On Jul 08, 2016
rofemiguwa:
abeg was there pain at d site when u kpekus, finally did d do and i just froze halfway cos of peppery sensation and pain at d site. I dont plan to go back dt road for a long time. Hw cn i elevate my pain??
elevate pain ke? na to alleviate am o. I dint av pain at d site wen I kpekused, infact I really enjoyed d kpekus as my libido is intact but my Vijay was peppery after, same with d 2 times after then.. I guess it's because d Vijay walls are stil recovering frm d birth stress cos wen i do my kegels, i feel abit raw inside.. i suggest u keep doin sitz bath, I'm stil doin tho not as often as bfr & give urself time.. u can try again in a week or 2, tell ur dh to b gentle & use lubricants
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joysa(f): 10:10am On Jul 08, 2016
Jennykoko3009:

Thanks for ur reply. Am almost 2weeks nw.. 15mins??!! Wont d water get cold after 15mins or shud d water b a bit hot?
don't worry, it will heal. no pls, warm water & salt.. u keep topping it wt hot water to keep it warm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joysa(f): 10:14am On Jul 08, 2016
ahnie:
i dont even blame the woman...the last time we went to visit mum...zino was 11months plus...4am in the morning zino woke up and went about parambulating the kitchen axis charting...Jesus!jesus!jesus!jesus!jesus..mum was shocked seeing her behaving so.so mum woke me up...i didnt even bother to stand up...i just told my mum"mama give am food na food she want"immediately she was given the food...zino jejely sat down and was fed.infact mum practically threw us outta her house grin grin grin grin grin.
thats so hilarious! !! cheesycheesycheesy kiss her for me jare.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joysa(f): 10:17am On Jul 08, 2016
mamas, c d update on our hand ooo, all d pus is out & d outer layer fell off dried dis morning tho d hole is stil wet. hope we're on course? thanks

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joysa(f): 10:29am On Jul 08, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

The water should not be so hot as you cant sit in it. I guess the 15 mins is just a guideline... if if gets cool you can top up with more hotwater to make it warmer.

The general advise is to allow 6 weeks before any sexual activites. Some people heal faster and are up for some hankypanky sooner than others. Everyone is different so listen to your body.

Intercourse may be a bit painful or uncomfortable the first time, however there is no need ro suffer in silence... if it hurts too much stop and you can try again another time... remember that there may be scar tissue there that you need to get used to as well.

To promote faster healing a couple of drops of good quality essential oil in thr sitz bath worked well for me. You can use either:
●Lavender oil
●Frankincense oil
●Helichrysum oil (costs an arm and a leg but this one worked magic after 2 uses)

Pls where can one get these oils?'
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:29am On Jul 08, 2016
Joysa:
mamas, c d update on our hand ooo, all d pus is out & d outer layer fell off dried dis morning tho d hole is stil wet. hope we're on course? thanks
Yea mama! Its good just clean with diluted savlon.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 10:34am On Jul 08, 2016
tchiwinnie:
Pls what's d original question?
she talk say her pikin if he chop...the little bobo dey vomit the food tru his nose n mouth.naim i say make i Cc u to chuk mouth put for the marra.mehn pigeon english nor ezi o grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 08, 2016
dis mumi zino@ahnie is funny mehncheesycheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:47am On Jul 08, 2016
Jennykoko3009 keep doing your sitz bath it will heal, don't use hot water to avoid a breakdown! The water should be warm or Lukewarm sef! Sit in it making sure the water is touching ur jajaina, do so several times daily.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realsupermum: 11:07am On Jul 08, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

●Lavender oil
●Frankincense oil

is there need to still put dettol and salt in warm water with any of these oil?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 11:14am On Jul 08, 2016
helovesme:

Follow the instructions on the tin. The rule of thumb is 1:3. That is, one scoop of formula for every 30ml of water. For example, my son is currently on 100ml and I add 3 scoops of formula.

Start with about 20ml of formula and then gradually increase it.

My dear, pls don't get it wrong, 30ml of water is supposed to be one levelled scoop. So 3 levelled scoop is for 90ml and not 100ml.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 11:23am On Jul 08, 2016
Gaily04:

My dear, pls don't get it wrong, 30ml of water is supposed to be one levelled scoop. So 3 levelled scoop is for 90ml and not 100ml.

My dear. I use 3 scoops to 100ml. I am happy with MY choice and that is what works for ME. 90ml won't fill him and I don't see any reason to start measuring one quarter or less than one quarter of a scoop. What matters the most to ME is that he is well fed, healthy, strong, not constipated and exceeding his milestones.

The amusing thing is that sometimes he guzzles down the entire 100ml and cries for more and other times he doesn't even taste a drop and I have to throw away the milk.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 11:27am On Jul 08, 2016
favoredgal:

without running any tests? That's dangerous. Pls take him to another hospital and insist on them running bilibirin test. Outside this country it's routine for any new baby

Better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks. They said its routine but i don't know why they didn't do it for my baby. I'm taking him for a test now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joysa(f): 11:51am On Jul 08, 2016
Liftedhands:
Yea mama! Its good just clean with diluted savlon.
thanks alot mum Ekene
by d way, i love ur signature.. it's a quote from a passge of d bible I guess? pls where
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by marygold(f): 12:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
marygold:

Dear tynnuhluv,there is this red flower that works very well for eela,I don't know the name but it has both a green and red specie.Please ask around for it,when you get it,boil it and pour the water into a bath,it should not be too hot,then put her inside.

Then get efirin(scent leaves) plus coconut oil,squeeze the juice from the leaves mix it with the oil and apply on the affected part.Also try and limit the sugar both of you take.
This is the flower @ tynnuhluv

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
Joysa:
thanks alot mum Ekene
by d way, i love ur signature.. it's a quote from a passge of d bible I guess? pls where
You are welcome! Its Ezra 9vs5.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 12:26pm On Jul 08, 2016
realsupermum:

is there need to still put dettol and salt in warm water with any of these oil?

You dont need to add anything else to the water. Fill your sitz bath with warm water and add 2 drops of the chosen oil.

Joysa:

Pls where can one get these oils?'

I got mine in the UK, but in Naija you can ask from a reputable spa, a good pharmacy or qhere a good range of bodycare products are sold. They are likely to have Lavender oil and Another alternative is Tea tree oil. These may be easier to find in naija. Sometimes these oils are sold as a set of about 6no 10 to 30ml bottles.

But please be careful that they do not sell you he ones for potpurri or the ones for oil burners.

For the frankinscence, try the people that sell incense You can also get whole frankincense, grind it to a powder and add a pinch or so to the sitz bath.
You may also add the powder to a base oil like olive oil or almond oil and leave in a warm place to infuse for a couple of days and use a few drops of the infused oil.

For Helichrysum oil..... sorry not sure where you can get that. But you can ask your pharmacy or spa
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 1:46pm On Jul 08, 2016
Joysa:
elevate pain ke? na to alleviate am o. I dint av pain at d site wen I kpekused, infact I really enjoyed d kpekus as my libido is intact but my Vijay was peppery after, same with d 2 times after then.. I guess it's because d Vijay walls are stil recovering frm d birth stress cos wen i do my kegels, i feel abit raw inside.. i suggest u keep doin sitz bath, I'm stil doin tho not as often as bfr & give urself time.. u can try again in a week or 2, tell ur dh to b gentle & use lubricants
thankchu.will try d lubricant. Got tired of d sitz bath cos my tear was natural,i wasnt given a cut. and not much so i felt it will heal on its own. Maybe i will go back to it for some time. kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
@helovesme, please I didn't intend to get to the wrong side of you. Was only trying to point out clearly what was stated on the tin. Abeg, am sorry o, no vex for putting my mouth in your opinion.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joysa(f): 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
rofemiguwa:
thankchu.will try d lubricant. Got tired of d sitz bath cos my tear was natural,i wasnt given a cut. and not much so i felt it will heal on its own. Maybe i will go back to it for some time. kiss
i also wasnt given a cut, baby tore me but mine was much sotay e cause pile sef I had no choice but to b diligent wt my sitz bath o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joysa(f): 3:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

You dont need to add anything else to the water. Fill your sitz bath with warm water and add 2 drops of the chosen oil.

I got mine in the UK, but in Naija you can ask from a reputable spa, a good pharmacy or qhere a good range of bodycare products are sold. They are likely to have Lavender oil and Another alternative is Tea tree oil. These may be easier to find in naija. Sometimes these oils are sold as a set of about 6no 10 to 30ml bottles.

But please be careful that they do not sell you he ones for potpurri or the ones for oil burners.

For the frankinscence, try the people that sell incense You can also get whole frankincense, grind it to a powder and add a pinch or so to the sitz bath.
You may also add the powder to a base oil like olive oil or almond oil and leave in a warm place to infuse for a couple of days and use a few drops of the infused oil.

For Helichrysum oil..... sorry not sure where you can get that. But you can ask your pharmacy or spa
thanks alot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
mitchyy, how did d test go? all is well with our baby. Meanwhile, nothing is wrong with bathing agbo cos it has value. But No No for drinking.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2016
Liftedhands:
Jennykoko3009 keep doing your sitz bath it will heal, don't use hot water to avoid a breakdown! The water should be warm or Lukewarm sef! Sit in it making sure the water is touching ur jajaina, do so several times daily.

Ewo!!! Wait ooo!!! I shud deep my vj in d salty water?; i tot it was jus squatin on it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
Jennykoko3009:

Ewo!!! Wait ooo!!! I shud deep my vj in d salty water?; i tot it was jus squatin on it?

grin grin grin grin
Wait oh! What did you think we have been saying since?!
Lol!
You have to sit in the water! That is why is should not be scalding hot!

To make it easier ask your local pharmacy for a sitz bath bowl that you put over your toilet. Fill it with the warm water and whatever additive and sit on it.

See pic below:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
Jennykoko3009:

lolz you have to sit in it. The savlon or dettol plus salt serves as antiseptic to tackle infection.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
Joysa:
i also wasnt given a cut, baby tore me but mine was much sotay e cause pile sef I had no choice but to b diligent wt my sitz bath o
chai the things we go tru to become mothers yet the joy is so overwhelming that we will go through it again and again.
Thanks sis i will go back to my sitz bath again for sometime.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
soonest:

Ginababy, hope you aren't over feeding him.

Hw do I answer dis question now? I don't think so. 30ml n 60ml is wat he takes at 3wks plus yet he throws up @ every feed. May God help me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.