Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (600) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4421767 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 4:11pm On Sep 04, 2016
Pretimum and Rhukie, please where in Lagos do you stay? QueensC and Rofemiguwa are around Iyana Ipaja area/Akowonjo. Anyone else interested in books?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2016
Onegai:
Pretimum and Rhukie, please where in Lagos do you stay? QueensC and Rofemiguwa are around Iyana Ipaja area/Akowonjo. Anyone else interested in books?

Present. Am around iyanaipaja.dopemu precisely.are we collecting money now.
Who n who is pairing with me.

Thank you

Please i want to get kiddes Android tablet for my lo so i can download all the baby song n app and save my fone from being eaten.
She is 3months plus. Is it too early.
Nb she likes d songs and stories on my fone.she is always giggling when i play dem.
And she recently started grabbing my fone whenever i carry her while operating my fone.
Guess she is looking for d song.or it might be my mind playing tricks on me grin

Abeg dont read and pass.senior mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by evamum: 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2016
Onegai:

I did the same in the U.S. and it was recommended because of dietary needs, every ebf baby is prescribed vit D supplement. When I got back, a doctor told me it wasn't necessary because Nigerian diet tend to be rich in foods heavy with Vitamin D (I i believe he said all the meat we eat compared to the U.S. where they can have salads for lunch daily and it is not like our type of salads). So you can give it for 2 months if you like, it won't harm baby. It is stuff like complex multivitamins that are not recommended, especially when a doctor doesn't recommend it. HTH.

Thanks, God blessings
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2016
Mamas dat have kids going to school. pls where in lagos island/balogun can i buy school bags, lunch bag, food flask, water bottles, and school shoes.
or any other market that i can get them. i would appreciate the street name if island. tnx
i dont have help for now and i need to quickly rush down to the market
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 4:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
rofemiguwa:

Present. Am around iyanaipaja.dopemu precisely.are we collecting money now.
Who n who is pairing with me.

Thank you

Please i want to get kiddes Android tablet for my lo so i can download all the baby song n app and save my fone from being eaten.
She is 3months plus. Is it too early.
Nb she likes d songs and stories on my fone.she is always giggling when i play dem.
And she recently started grabbing my fone whenever i carry her while operating my fone.
Guess she is looking for d song.or it might be my mind playing tricks on me grin

Abeg dont read and pass.senior mamas

All children grab phones. It's because you pay attention to it that they pay attention to it grin 3 months is early sha, maybe keep it from her till 5 months (because it apparently doesn't make sense to them all they see are colours and hear sounds) but if you can pay for a tab, okay. However, I must warn you my nephews and niece destroyed an iPad and several phones all before the age of 2. So you must have the heart to see your LO drooling saliva on the tab, chewing one corner or using it to bang on the floor ans be able to laugh in a tinkly manner "hahahhaa" and not cry inwardly. cheesy

Other sabi mamas?

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by IryNky: 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2016
comtem2011:
from my understanding, the purpose of the carton is to get accurate measure/size for the flannel u r cutting. U first cut the carton to d size u want and use it as a guide for the flannel for accuracy.
The carton is not to be part of the flannel but just a measuring guide.
I don't know if am making sense?

Helo mamas I have missed a lot oh light issue. It is well. Tanks for the prayer. Pls d link to the tutorial .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kandywandy: 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2016
Jaundice is an unhealthy condition characterized by the yellowness of the skin, mucus membranes,eyes, and urine. Know more @ http://www.kandywandy.com/2014/05/jaundice-and-you.html

Also look at http://www.kandywandy.com/2014/05/you-your-child-and-measles.html

www.kandywandy.com
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 6:42pm On Sep 04, 2016
@Onegai, please am also interested in the books o! Though I stay in PH, but my family stay in Lag(yaba) and my sister can take delivery for me. Please how much is my contribution?
. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabmum(f): 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2016
Onegai:

Am interested too

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabmum(f): 7:02pm On Sep 04, 2016
Good evening mamas.... Wow ds thread is bubbling ...so mch information. Weldone to d mamas keeping D's thread active. Me av bin a ghost reader all d while... Now am going to b fully active
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabmum(f): 7:07pm On Sep 04, 2016
Jennykoko3009:
Happy sunday mamas, kisses to ur lo..
Pls there is a mama dat talked about pinkfong app, how can i download plssss

U can download it from play store..very easy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jessyz(f): 7:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
mitchyy:
Good morning mamas. Please i have some questions i need clarifications on...

1. Whenever baby poops, it comes out from the top of the back of his diaper. Is there something i'm not doing well in respect to how i wear the diaper? Or could it be the diaper itself? I use molfix. It wasn't like this when we were using the mini size. It started leaking from the top when we moved to midi size.
My baby is two months old.

2. Baby is always coughing and makes choking sound when he's breastfeeding. How can i stop this? Yesterday, it led to him vomitting all the milk he sucked. But he's fine. No crying, no temperature, sleeps well and sucks well.

3. His diaper rash is back and refusing to leave. His bump is reddish and peeling badly. Any recommendation on what else i can apply to get rid of it!

4. I noticed something like dandruff on his head yesterday. Can i start using shampoo to wash his hair and what brand do you use or recommend?

Please, if you have an answer to at least one of my questions, pls help me out. Thanks

In addition to what other mamas have said, i would suggest you stop using molfix diaper and try other brands. My baby had the same experience with rashes until i switched to another brand of diaper.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2016
I was going to write something but the antispambot banned me and I can't remember....

Hotmum, the area for children and baby things is Dosunmu. I have no idea of how to describe it as it is a madhouse and you cannot drive there directly. Your best bet is to go to the big central mosque, on that street you will see several people selling boxes and bags of all sorts, including schoolbags Around there is Dosunmu (20 mins walk from the mosque). Another route is also from the main balogun street (the first left off Broad street from under the bridge where they take buses), drive down. Infact just take a Keke napep from there.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 8:32pm On Sep 04, 2016
Thanks AlphaHandMaiden, Onegai and jessyz and comtem2011.

I've checked and its not a yeast infection. Its just diaper rash. I'll try Huggies diaper and see if it also helps.

Thanks mamas!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretimum: 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2016
Onegai:

I stay at Gbagada.
Thank you!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by likky1(f): 9:02pm On Sep 04, 2016
hotmum:
Mamas dat have kids going to school. pls where in lagos island/balogun can i buy school bags, lunch bag, food flask, water bottles, and school shoes.
or any other market that i can get them. i would appreciate the street name if island. tnx
i dont have help for now and i need to quickly rush down to the market

Docemo street, after you leave Tom Jones junction, via Idumagbo rd
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
Onegai:
I was going to write something but the antispambot banned me and I can't remember....

Hotmum, the area for children and baby things is Dosunmu. I have no idea of how to describe it as it is a madhouse and you cannot drive there directly. Your best bet is to go to the big central mosque, on that street you will see several people selling boxes and bags of all sorts, including schoolbags Around there is Dosunmu (20 mins walk from the mosque). Another route is also from the main balogun street (the first left off Broad street from under the bridge where they take buses), drive down. Infact just take a Keke napep from there.

tnx a whole lot maam
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 04, 2016
likky1:

thanks a million. i guess u mean dosunmu street as onegai said
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 04, 2016
likky1:

thanks a million. i guess u mean dosunmu street as onegai said
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhukie(f): 9:48pm On Sep 04, 2016
Onegai:
yaba
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 10:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
mitchyy:

Yayyyyy! She's here. Welcome sis. How's vigilante? grin
Thanks Sis. Vigilante is crazy angry sad sad. I feel lik giving up already. 3-4 hours of sleep, that's all I get out of 24hours each day cry cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 3:26am On Sep 05, 2016
comtem2011:
for d hair, if u can get palm kernel oil or ask a Dr if he can use nizzoral shampoo it works wonder but for his age (confirm from ur Dr first.

4. Air his bumbum and try Whitfield ointment for like 2 weeks. Don't always put him on diaper.

2. don't allow him to rush d milk, remove brezz at interval, let him rest then continue. Make sure d milk flow is not touching the upper throat.

Mitchyy if you can actually get palm kernel oil it should work for the rash. Also I hear it's better for diaper to be bigger than child than to be smaller as per nappy rash.

Welldone on feeding your baby so sufficiently that they're having blow outs. When you wear the pampers make sure the inner elastic is turned inwards while the outer one is outwards (i was proudly turning inner outwards before I read this instruction on an Angel diaper pack). That way poo should only leak from the top.

When baby poops turn him upside down on your lap immediately, this might minimise poo stains to the clothes.

Mommies please who has bought books from that guy before? I'm in Abuja and the whole idea of pay before shipping is tough o! This economy is straining the idea of trust.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 3:39am On Sep 05, 2016
Onegai:
Good morning Babythug, Zemaye and Tojued, Evamum and any other mamas with new babies. How goes it?

LiftesHands and ocyzy, DrAda shared here that Peak123 milk was very sugary. Imagine combining it with Nigerian Cerelac and then expecting a weaning baby not to complain when offered Nigerian food (which is savoury and not sweet). I remember in my lactation class our facilitator told us there was no such thing as "Follow-Up milk" for toddlers, that it was a marketing gimmick by companies to sell regular whole milk to children, add sugar and rack up the price from normal milk. Your toddler can drink Dano Full cream or any Fill cream or whole milk.

Now i see why you're being nominated for class captain. You have personal touch gan.

Good morning (in arrears) and well done for all the time you devote to this thread.

Mamas that sabi and are active thank you for this thread o, after less than one week here I deleted babycentre sharp sharp. Who oyinbo forum epp self? Now I only read the weekly newsletters. That their forum na only jealousy e dey inspire in me when I start comparing their options and opportunities with ours.

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:33am On Sep 05, 2016
kidco:

Due to price range of Books costing a unit price of 500 to 1500 the unit price of 50at a go is quiet commendable to both parties. Two member of this group chaulay1 and Jumoke Varosimo has purchased and have been highly satisfied by the brands... please lets whartsarp 09032730510

Mr Kidco, i see you peeping! Come in come in!

I believe mamas are waiting for you to put up some pictures of the books you have and answer some questions that have been popping up.

It would be nice for us to know what we would be getting. The 2 mamas you mentioned have patronised from you, have not provided us with pictures, and only one has recommemd you.

You should have images, titles and authors as well as provide the option for mamas to select the books they want. As we dont want a random selection with 5 really good books and 45 onrs we will be scratching our head for as you can see its not likely to go to only one person.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 6:43am On Sep 05, 2016
I will do that
Two mamas have already contacted me via whartsarp
Am still getting familiar using this forum and once I go to desktop. Pictures. Posting will be easier but now haven't learned. How to us me phone to get picture on here
I mostly share photos Via wharysarp to these who needs some of the books. Since my last post deals of over 200 books are to be shipped this week

AlphaHandMaiden:

Mr Kidco, i see you peeping! Come in come in!

I believe mamas are waiting for you to put up some pictures of the books you have and answer some questions that have been popping up.

It would be nice for us to know what we would be getting. The 2 mamas you mentioned have patronised from you, have not provided us with pictures, and only one has recommemd you.

You should have images, titles and authors as well as provide the option for mamas to select the books they want. As we dont want a random selection with 5 really good books and 45 onrs we will be scratching our head for as you can see its not likely to go to only one person.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:55am On Sep 05, 2016
Kidco, can we get books for different ages in one shipment?

Cutiereborn/rhukie/rofemiguwa/Adeime: Yaba
Fabmum: Ilupeju
QueensC/hotmamma: Iyana Ipaja/Akowonjo
Pretimum/Osas4g/OnyxGem10: Gbagada/Oworo/isheri-ijegun
Tojued: Abuja
Christybabe: location please? He can shop outside Lagos state.

Anyone can join those groups if your location is close to thwm
Doubledouble where are you located do you want to share with some other mums?

It's 50 books for N12,000. Ladies, you can either buy in groups of 5 and get 10 books each that cover from 0-5 years or buy in groups of 3 or however you want it. Please kidco I'm going to message you now about shipping and stuff. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 6:57am On Sep 05, 2016
kidco:
I will do that
Two mamas have already contacted me via whartsarp
Am still getting familiar using this forum and once I go to desktop. Pictures. Posting will be easier but now haven't learned. How to us me phone to get picture on here
I mostly share photos Via wharysarp to these who needs some of the books. Since my last post deals of over 200 books are to be shipped this week

Kidco, how long does shipping take?? Basically, would like to know if I can get it b4 weekend if deal is completed?? Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretimum: 8:01am On Sep 05, 2016
Onegai:
Cutiereborn/rhukie: Yaba
Fabmum: location please?
Rofemiguwa/QueensC: Iyana Ipaja/Akowonjo

Good morning mamas.
@Onegai,you omitted me o.
I stay at Gbagada .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 8:51am On Sep 05, 2016
Thanks for the response
yes you can get books of different age groups in one shipment
from age 2 to 12 and early. Teens
try whartsarp me on 09032730510

Somebooks for mamas as
baby emergency handbook
moral learning
play along graphs
are also available
once the two new requests from members of this group were shipped today I will ask them to help testifi on it
thanks
meanwhile Google me...author Omosun sylvester kidco.com
Onegai:

Cutiereborn/rhukie: Yaba
Fabmum: location please?
Rofemiguwa/QueensC: Iyana Ipaja/Akowonjo
Pretimum: Gbagada

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 10:34am On Sep 05, 2016
gud moni mothers in d house, pls help out o my 12weeks 3days old baby's poo has changed from yellow to light green with particles of egusi inside is it normal, pls hw do I treat my baby's navel cos my mum uses hot water massage is dere anytin else to do and pls is it normal for babies to snore cos my baby makes a snoring sound.tanx help a ftm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:48am On Sep 05, 2016
eolowu1:
gud moni mothers in d house, pls help out o my 12weeks 3days old baby's poo has changed from yellow to light green with particles of egusi inside is it normal, pls hw do I treat my baby's navel cos my mum uses hot water massage is dere anytin else to do and pls is it normal for babies to snore cos my baby makes a snoring sound.tanx help a ftm

http://www.babycenter.com/0_baby-poop-a-complete-guide_10319333.bc

Sounds like you either need to eat heavier meals or breastfeed longer on each breast before changing. Breastfeed longer, the change in colour means he's not getting enough hindmilk (milk gets thicker at the end of the supply. I don't know about the navel, other mamas?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:51am On Sep 05, 2016
For about to wean mums, here is a good chart showing what can be given. By the way, If you are giving pap, add milk and crayfish to it. Pap is calorie-dense but poor nutritionally (I checked there are studies done by Nigerian doctors and published online about pap). From 8 months you can start adding spices like Nutmeg and Cinammon to their food. But no honey till after 12 months, Botulism is real. They sell almost all of those fruits and foods in Nigeria, including tofu (I know you can get some in Freedom Park and it is called Wara in the market). Papaya is Pawpaw (it will encourage stooling in constipated babies). Golden melon and watermelon are great (especially if we have babies refusing to drink water, water melon has 92% water). P

I hope the pics are clear.

6 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.