Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (603) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4420622 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:46am On Sep 06, 2016
IryNky:

Helo mamas I have missed a lot oh light issue. It is well. Tanks for the prayer. Pls d link to the tutorial .
cc: Alphahandmaiden onegai.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:05am On Sep 06, 2016
IryNky:

Helo mamas I have missed a lot oh light issue. It is well. Tanks for the prayer. Pls d link to the tutorial .

https://www.nairaland.com/3329197/diy-tutorials-lets-get-crafty
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 11:14am On Sep 06, 2016
In Jesus Name,
Father, we bless you for another wonderful day, we appreciate your Name for the gift of life. U gave us sound health and you never allow us to walk alone.

We thank you over our husbands, children, our extended families and our friends.

Your mighty hands kept us going, Baba we thank you.

Accept our Thanks Lord.

Our day is in your hand , Lord make it a greater day for us.
We come against every form of evil news today.
For we bear the mark of Christ, let no man trouble us. Your mark of protection shall continue to be our shield.
Our husbands, wives and children's lives are in your hand Jesus, let your mighty hands of protection rest upon them.
Grant safe delivery to our pregnant sisters on Nairaland and out there.
Covenant children to our ATC sisters.
More wisdom to our mamas on this Forum In Jesus Name.

heal mama Zionx emotionally and send help to her when she needs it.

We shall continue to wax stronger in Jesus Name.

We covered ourselves with the blood of Jesus. Our children shall continue to grow in your strength.

Thank you Lord for answered prayer.

In Jesus Mighty Name we prayed (Amen).

18 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 11:20am On Sep 06, 2016
Mumi onegai, na light issue o.

Me charge u for moni?
I no fit try that one o!

U be my professor o.
One love ma.

I based in Keffi, Nasarawa state. any keffi mama in the house for the book?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhukie(f): 11:20am On Sep 06, 2016
well done onegai. @rofemiguwa please PM your account detail and office address. thank you

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mukht(f): 11:29am On Sep 06, 2016
Tojued:
Abuja moms pm me if interested in the books.

I'm interested in the books.

Weldone @ Onegai and other mums keeping the thread alive.

kiss kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aleesha0815: 11:46am On Sep 06, 2016
Hi ma'am am interested in d books too bit stay in ib
Onegai:

Hello! I'm struggling a bit with the email attached to this account so I can't really access my PMs. What's up?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 11:52am On Sep 06, 2016
Onegai:

Pele. It may take a while but I'll keep an eye out for Ilupeju and its environs.

Just to let newcomers to the thread know, there's a book drive going on where you and mums in your environs can buy books together for a good price. Also, we are planning on forming Mummy-and-Me groups in our areas.

Thanks for this educative information ma'am.

It's a super deal

Moms in ikorodu, anyone interested?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chaulay1: 12:18pm On Sep 06, 2016
comtem2011:

I based in Keffi, Nasarawa state. any keffi mama in the house for the book?

Hello, I suggest you pair with Tojued. That makes 3 of you in that axis. Yours could be sent via a bus going to Keffi from Abuja.

Tojued:
Abuja moms pm me if interested in the books.

mukht:

kiss kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by marionclaire: 12:18pm On Sep 06, 2016
Hello Mamas, please i need help o.
Please where can i buy pampers swaddlers or pampers sensitive diapers in Lagos? My LO is having diaper rash and i have done everything i can(air her bum throughout the day and only use diaper at night, used baking powder solution,coconut oil,used Aveeno diaper rash cream which i feel is working) but the rash just keeps coming back and i feel i just have to change the diaper as that is the only thing i have not done. I am currently using US huggies but i have used pampers swaddlers and also sensitive when she was about one month so thats why i want to buy it but i dont know where to buy it in lagos. Please help me abeg.

Or should i try cloth diaper? i dont know where it is sold as well. please help meeeeeeee

Cc Onegai,Alphahandmaiden,zaynie and all mamas here.

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chaulay1: 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2016
Well done mothers in the house and father's too
. To even think this thread was started by a nursing father grin. May we all reap the fruit of our labour.

In view of the decay and ills in the society, let us continue to pray for our children that they should develop a keen sense of right and wrong and that they will truly abhor evil and cling to that which is good. And may we the parent have peace of mind concerning our kids. Amen

12 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2016
mukht:

kiss kiss

Tojued: am also interested, am in abuja.

Onegai...thanks mama..God bless you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2016
Hello mamas. I didnt know u guys made me money collector.i hope una put tax inside hehehe.i charge jus 50percent of any money paid to my acct. Only. tongue grin hehehe

So heres my details

07037739998.phne number

I work at national orthopaedic hospital igbobi lagos
This will be the dropoff/pickup point.

Please call me or send a text for my bank details.

Ma'am onegai pls can i have your number,so i know the logistics involved in getting and distributing the book.

NB.one anonymous mama called me.she is interested in the book too.0-5yrs. So i have two down.
Thank you.

Happy raining day grin for lagos residents
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 1:51pm On Sep 06, 2016
Okay updated list

Cutiereborn/rhukie/rofemiguwa/Adeime: Yaba

Fabmum/imurboss: Ilupeju

Babylove01: Benin/Yaba
Goldenruby: Ojo/Yaba

MetroTee: Lekki

NoQualms1: Festac

QueensC/hotmamma: Iyana Ipaja/Akowonjo

Pretimum/Osas4g/OnyxGem10/Ennyo: Gbagada/Oworo/isheri-ijegun

Tojued/Mumsgirl27/mukht/contem2011/Maran1983: Abuja/Nassarawa

Christybabe: Port Harcourt

Godmercy2015: Ijebu Ode

Aleesha0815/teeteelardey/everfaithfulGod: Ibadan

Tchiwinnie: Okota

Dunasy: Ikorodu (are you close to the oworo group?)

Please can we keep the groups 4 or 5 mums each? So you are getting 10 to 12 books each. Also shipping varies for each state. Iyana ipaja will get the cheapest shipping because you are close to Kidco (who is in Ota).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
Chaulay1:

Hello, I suggest you pair with Tojued. That makes 3 of you in that axis. Yours could be sent via a bus going to Keffi from Abuja.

Thanks sis. Tojued, am interested in d book.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 2:08pm On Sep 06, 2016
marionclaire:
Hello Mamas, please i need help o.
Please where can i buy pampers swaddlers or pampers sensitive diapers in Lagos? My LO is having diaper rash and i have done everything i can(air her bum throughout the day and only use diaper at night, used baking powder solution,coconut oil,used Aveeno diaper rash cream which i feel is working) but the rash just keeps coming back and i feel i just have to change the diaper as that is the only thing i have not done. I am currently using US huggies but i have used pampers swaddlers and also sensitive when she was about one month so thats why i want to buy it but i dont know where to buy it in lagos. Please help me abeg.

Or should i try cloth diaper? i dont know where it is sold as well. please help meeeeeeee

Cc Onegai,Alphahandmaiden,zaynie and all mamas here.

Thanks

Baby girl, please Google "Yeast Infection for babies in diaper area" and confirm you don't have that situation on your hands. If not, get some Sudocrem. As per Pampers, I think it is pretty easy to find but check supermarkets and ask for Imported Pampers. I don't like Nigerian Pampers because they don't have quality control, you can get a pack and it is good and you can buy another pack and it is poorly made (and falling apart) and it has perfume (which can aggravate a rash). But if it works for you, get the imported one. Or try Molfix.

For cloth diapers, you can buy from Konga or cloth diapers.com.ng. Alphahandmaiden also had one seen with great instructions. i feel the buying options here are a bit limited so I'm trying to work on something that will bring more cloth diaper options (and i promise to test it on my child and be honest with my review so if it doesn't work, we will find one that does).

Here's a link to an article which will help you figure out if it's just a diaper rash or a yeast infection:

https://m.moms.com/moms-expertise/46746/how-to-spot-the-difference-between-a-yeast-infection-and-plain-diaper-rash/

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2016
Onegai:

Pele. It may take a while but I'll keep an eye out for Ilupeju and its environs.

Just to let newcomers to the thread know, there's a book drive going on where you and mums in your environs can buy books together for a good price. Also, we are planning on forming Mummy-and-Me groups in our areas.
I m interested, I stay at Okota axis. wch grp do I join and how does it work?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2016
Mumsgirl27/contem2011 : you can email me @ tojued-1(at) yahoo.co.uk or send me pm. I don't want to drop my number here.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
Rofemiguwa, we know you are capable that is why we made you Class captain! Please add the anonymous mama and share the N13,000 into 5 places so you know how much everyone is paying.

Tojued and Abuja mamas, you guys are 4 in number so you can either buy or wait for one more person. KIDCO said it is N2,500 to ship to Abuja. So that is N12,000+2500 = N14,500. So you divide it according to your eventual number.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by osas4g: 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2016
Pretimum:

Good morning mamas.

Please Gbagada, Iyana oworo axis mamas indicate if you are interested, so we can make the same arrangement.

Thank you Onegai.

Am interested. Ready to pay as soon as possible
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 2:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
Tojued:
Mumsgirl27/contem2011 : you can email me @ tojued-1(at) yahoo.co.uk or send me pm. I don't want to drop my number here.

Cc muhkt

Tchiwinnie, is Okota around Cele? I don't know places too well. The books are 50 for N12,000 so we are making up groups according to our closest locations and buying together and sharing it. So I'll make a group for you because I dont think anyone else around there has started.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
comtem2011:
In Jesus Name,
Father, we bless you for another wonderful day, we appreciate your Name for the gift of life. U gave us sound health and you never allow us to walk alone.

We thank you over our husbands, children, our extended families and our friends.

Your mighty hands kept us going, Baba we thank you.

Accept our Thanks Lord.

Our day is in your hand , Lord make it a greater day for us.
We come against every form of evil news today.
For we bear the mark of Christ, let no man trouble us. Your mark of protection shall continue to be our shield.
Our husbands, wives and children's lives are in your hand Jesus, let your mighty hands of protection rest upon them.
Grant safe delivery to our pregnant sisters on Nairaland and out there.
Covenant children to our ATC sisters.
More wisdom to our mamas on this Forum In Jesus Name.

heal mama Zionx emotionally and send help to her when she needs it.

We shall continue to wax stronger in Jesus Name.

We covered ourselves with the blood of Jesus. Our children shall continue to grow in your strength.

Thank you Lord for answered prayer.

In Jesus Mighty Name we prayed (Amen).

Amen and amen! Thank you foe the prayer.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fearless07(f): 2:34pm On Sep 06, 2016
Good day mothers. Kudos to mamas keeping this thread alive. The post on antibacterial soap and disinfectant by @ onegai brought me out. Alphahandmaiden, kudos to you too ( your answer to questions is informative and educating).
I am officially joining this thread again today ( was here when I had my son 3years ago but later became a peeper) . Hope we are welcome?

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by marionclaire: 2:42pm On Sep 06, 2016
Onegai:

Baby girl, please Google "Yeast Infection for babies in diaper area" and confirm you don't have that situation on your hands. If not, get some Sudocrem. As per Pampers, I think it is pretty easy to find but check supermarkets and ask for Imported Pampers. I don't like Nigerian Pampers because they don't have quality control, you can get a pack and it is good and you can buy another pack and it is poorly made (and falling apart) and it has perfume (which can aggravate a rash). But if it works for you, get the imported one. Or try Molfix.

For cloth diapers, you can buy from Konga or cloth diapers.com.ng. Alphahandmaiden also had one seen with great instructions. i feel the buying options here are a bit limited so I'm trying to work on something that will bring more cloth diaper options (and i promise to test it on my child and be honest with my review so if it doesn't work, we will find one that does).

Here's a link to an article which will help you figure out if it's just a diaper rash or a yeast infection:

https://m.moms.com/moms-expertise/46746/how-to-spot-the-difference-between-a-yeast-infection-and-plain-diaper-rash/

Thanks Onegai for your quick response. i have checked through the link and it does seem like diaper rash. Will try your other suggestions.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumjb(f): 2:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
Onegai:

It's a bit late but welcome!

thank u ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ennyo: 3:00pm On Sep 06, 2016
Pretimum:

Good morning mamas.

Please Gbagada, Iyana oworo axis mamas indicate if you are interested, so we can make the same arrangement.

Thank you Onegai.
Pls i am interested. I lv in gbagada
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 3:02pm On Sep 06, 2016
Hi Onegai, my location is in ilupeju too,but i don't know what this books and groups is all about. Can u enlighten me pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 3:05pm On Sep 06, 2016
fearless07:
Good day mothers. Kudos to mamas keeping this thread alive. The post on antibacterial soap and disinfectant by @ onegai brought me out. Alphahandmaiden, kudos to you too ( your answer to questions is informative and educating).
I am officially joining this thread again today ( was here when I had my son 3years ago but later became a peeper) . Hope we are welcome?

Welcome, welcome! Please share your experiences with us and help answer questions from us newbies and FTMs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by teeteelardey(f): 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2016
Good afternoon mamas in the house.. I am a ftm and I really love what you do on this forum.
I'll like to join the group but I stay in Ibadan.
Any Ibadan mama in the house should please indicate do we can come up with a plan on how to buy the books
Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 3:18pm On Sep 06, 2016
imurboss:
Hi Onegai, my location is in ilupeju too,but i don't know what this books and groups is all about. Can u enlighten me pls

Kidco is selling 50 books for N12,000 for children of different ages. You can choose to get 50 for yourself or share with other mamas in our area. A Mummy-And -Me group can also be formed in your area for hanging out and doing activities with your kids. I will find a link explaining more.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 3:25pm On Sep 06, 2016
Mummy-And-Me Groups/Classes

This is for a few hours every week.
For mothers looking for places to drop their kids for the day and go do errands or whatever, there are places which offer those services (I know 2 in my area and they are open weekends). This isn't it.

A Mummy-and-me group is not a paid service, it is a group of mother's and their kids hanging out. So the mother has to be present. When my friend organised hers, with older kids she and another mum could organise day trips for them and other mums could watch the babies who couldn't go. Not a paid service but a community service.

A lot of creches in Nigeria, the first thing they do is buy tv and get DSTV and toys. I have never heard of storytime (maybe they do but I tend to hear from people who are opening daycares as their business and they themselves use books as decor so they won't offer that service in their daycare). It is in Pre-K they start doing activities they should have done since, some creches and daycares will potty-train your child though. Kids will develop fast because they are spending time with older kids (a plus for creches) but then they got a plateau at a certain stage (below 5 years) and it begins to be measured according to individual child and the input he/she gets.

Location will be determined by the mothers doing it. In the Island, they have 2 parks. In Ikeja and Alausa, they have even more parks. Festac i believe has 1 park (I see it when people are having weddings). For those whom don't want to use their homes, there are venues like restaurants (whom are looking to fill up space and attract clientele) that are amenable to this sort of arrangement (they already do such for social events like dancing, natural hair meetups and more).

If a mother decides to organise one in Surulere, no problem. It's not supposed to be a paying service. If I am organising one, I would do it in a park around my area, tell mums coming that they should bring enough food to share for 2 kids (I'm not expecting jollof rice but bananas and cheerios and biscuits, snacks to be precise), bring plastic toys (we are in public, I will provide antibacterial wipes), wrappers and blankets to sit on and be ready to clean up after we are done.

For mothers who work (particularly in Lagos), they tend to suffer the strains of Motherhood without the pleasures of it. I know mothers who drop babies off at 7am and pick them up at 6pm. They miss the milestones and playtime because it's dinner and bedtime once they get home. This is a chance for you to realise your child is a generous sharer, a powerful singer or hugger or a great dancer by spending quality time with your child.

There would be rules about some certain behaviours but basically it's an open group. People have pregnancy classes that are not paid for during antenatal and invite medical people to give talks and offer each other support.

NOTE: We don't have to start this now. May i suggest we at least get the book drive done successfully then start thinking of this. I'm just reposting this for explanation's sake. Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 06, 2016
Onegai:

The fart I know is called "Quaffing" where you are passing air through your vajayjay. It is embarrassing but that is Motherhood for you! cheesy for me I noticed it happened more when the fan was in my direction and I wasn't wearing undies. But it can be cured, your vajayjay is all muscles so it can be toned. Try doing Kegel exercises (the muscles you use for peeing, squeeze them 20 times every hour). I guess that is why our mothers make us sit down on stool. Whichever method works, please go for it.
tanks mam. i expirence that vajay own bt stoped afta 2mnths infact i av been doing kegal exercise, bt ds one hav refus to go fa

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.