Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,411 members, 7,846,741 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (605) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4441261 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:50am On Sep 07, 2016
MetroTee:

I'm also interested in the books, dunno if it's too late. I stay in lekki as well...

I found him on Facebook, Its Kidco Sylvester Omosun. I think that's his name. He has singing books but they are priced slightly more expensive (I thought about asking him yesteday).

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:52am On Sep 07, 2016
Okay updated list

Cutiereborn/rhukie/rofemiguwa/Adeime/anonymous: Yaba

Fabmum/imurboss: Ilupeju

Babylove01: Benin/Yaba
Goldenruby: Ojo/Yaba

MetroTee: Lekki

NoQualms1: Festac

QueensC/hotmomma: Iyana Ipaja/Akowonjo

Pretimum/Osas4g/OnyxGem10/Ennyo: Gbagada/Oworo/isheri-ijegun

Tojued/Mumsgirl27/mukht/contem2011/Maran1983: Abuja/Nassarawa

Christybabe: Port Harcourt

Godmercy2015: Ijebu Ode

Aleesha0815/teeteelardey/everfaithfulGod: Ibadan

Tchiwinnie: Okota

Dunasy: Ikorodu (are you close to the oworo group?)

Please can we keep the groups 4 or 5 mums each? So you are getting 10 to 12 books each. Also shipping varies for each state. Iyana ipaja will get the cheapest shipping because you are close to Kidco (who is in Ota).

Shipping

Yaba: N1000
Iyana Ipaja: N700
Abuja: N2500
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 8:31am On Sep 07, 2016
Mummy, onegai, pls correct my moniker, its hotmomma not hotmamma, so that i can easily get ur precious mentions as it comes. Thanks mama for the great job ure doing.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HiAll: 8:34am On Sep 07, 2016
Onegai:
Okay updated list

Cutiereborn/rhukie/rofemiguwa/Adeime/anonymous: Yaba

Fabmum/imurboss: Ilupeju

Babylove01: Benin/Yaba
Goldenruby: Ojo/Yaba

MetroTee: Lekki

NoQualms1: Festac

QueensC/hotmamma: Iyana Ipaja/Akowonjo

Pretimum/Osas4g/OnyxGem10/Ennyo: Gbagada/Oworo/isheri-ijegun

Tojued/Mumsgirl27/mukht/contem2011/Maran1983: Abuja/Nassarawa

Christybabe: Port Harcourt

Godmercy2015: Ijebu Ode

Aleesha0815/teeteelardey/everfaithfulGod: Ibadan

Tchiwinnie: Okota

Dunasy: Ikorodu (are you close to the oworo group?)

Please can we keep the groups 4 or 5 mums each? So you are getting 10 to 12 books each. Also shipping varies for each state. Iyana ipaja will get the cheapest shipping because you are close to Kidco (who is in Ota).

Shipping

Yaba: N1000
Iyana Ipaja: N700
Abuja: N2500

just a little piece of advice to all, be careful while u r dishing out ur personal contacts (address and numbers), not everyone here might be what they claim to be. also be discreet while meeting for payments and book collections etc. take safety measures like making the meetings at public places and not ur homes, if u drive down, park somewhere a bit away from where u r supposed to meet and take a walk to the meeting point, let a friend accompany u if possible, not u alone etc. am not trying to frighten anyone, but no one shud be vulnerable to predators. i hope this info helps

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:52am On Sep 07, 2016
Tojued, as per your position on Traditional methods.

I agree with some and I disagree with others. I have drank lemongrass to help with feverish symptoms. But I wouldn't give Agbo to my child because I cannot trust the people making it nowadays (anyone can declare herself to be a native healer and mix engine oil and camphor with leaves.
As for the baby exercise, yeah you can massage but not throw the baby up and down and shake it. One of my family friends said he has treated baby with Shaking Syndrome (I think he said they had damage to their brain or skull). Fearlessness will not be affected, Caucasians are not throwing their babies anywhere and they are the ones skydiving and bungee-jumping grin

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 9:57am On Sep 07, 2016
Hello mamas
Goodmorning everyone
My yaba mamas i believe you all have gotten my details
I will contact the guy once payment is complete.
We are five so each person pays 2600

12K cost of books
1K delivery fee
Total 13k

All of us want 0-5yrs i believe.
To be fair to everyone i will order 5 copies of 10different books.
So everybody gets same tin.

If u dont agree kindly indicate before i place order.
Thank u

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 10:14am On Sep 07, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Hello mamas
Goodmorning everyone

12K cost of books
1K delivery fee
Total 13k

Thank u

I concur. Good job!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 10:31am On Sep 07, 2016
Onegai:
Tojued, as per your position on Traditional methods.

I agree with some and I disagree with others. I have drank lemongrass to help with feverish symptoms. But I wouldn't give Agbo to my child because I cannot trust the people making it nowadays (anyone can declare herself to be a native healer and mix engine oil and camphor with leaves.
As for the baby exercise, yeah you can massage but not throw the baby up and down and shake it. One of my family friends said he has treated baby with Shaking Syndrome (I think he said they had damage to their brain or skull). Fearlessness will not be affected, Caucasians are not throwing their babies anywhere and they are the ones skydiving and bungee-jumping grin

Na waa o, I no know say shaking syndrome dey exist. Personally I don't shake sha.

As for agbo you're supposed to buy the leaves and barks and boil yourself if you don't have the knowledge to harvest them fresh.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 10:39am On Sep 07, 2016
Onegai:

I tried sending email and it bounced, so please this is Kidco contact: 09032730510 Mr Sylvester please tell him you are rhe Abuja mum. Mukht and Maran1983 also in your group and

I've already concluded transactions with Mr. Sylvester. Only problem is he's probably overwhelmed with all the orders everyone's making at once. It seems he wants to conclude with you Lagos moms before giving Abuja face.

By the way he told me delivery is 3k to Abuja for 50 books, not 2,500.

If there are more Abuja moms in Nyanya axis they might want to form a diff group, do their shipment together with nassarawa.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 10:41am On Sep 07, 2016
cutiereborn:

I concur. Good job!

Caveat: I don't believe there are any two books with the same title. Confirm this with him.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby: 10:55am On Sep 07, 2016
[quote author=NoQualms1 post=49136510]

OMG! This made me laugh really hard. My MIL and mum didn't do it for any of my children. I don't know if it makes them fearless.

its been a long time ma,guess u av offloaded,u see ao time flies?I askd of u here a while ago.so ar u coping?my boys are like friends now and u hardly notice d little age spacing BTW them wen I look at them now am happy it happened d way it did.tk kia[quote author=NoQualms1 post=49136510]

OMG! This made me laugh really hard. My MIL and mum didn't do it for any of my children. I don't know if it makes them fearless.

its been a long time ma,guess u av offloaded,u see ao time flies?I askd of u here a while ago.so ar u coping?my boys are like friends now and u hardly notice d little age spacing BTW them wen I look at them now am happy it happened d way it did.tk kia
[quote author=NoQualms1 post=49136510]

its been a long time ma,guess u av offloaded,u see ao time flies?I askd of u here a while ago.so ar u coping?my boys are like friends now and u hardly notice d little age spacing BTW them wen I look at them now am happy it happened d way it did.tk kia
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhukie(f): 10:58am On Sep 07, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Hello mamas
Goodmorning everyone

12K cost of books
1K delivery fee
Total 13k

Thank u

yes but I don't want any book on religion

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 11:00am On Sep 07, 2016
cutiereborn:

I concur. Good job!
Alert received

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by teeteelardey(f): 11:06am On Sep 07, 2016
Please how much will he ship to Ibadan @onegai
Ibadan mamas please let's indicate if we are interested,you can send a pm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 11:10am On Sep 07, 2016
@onegai, thanks. good job. Pls do u hv more details of d books? samples? I want to inform some of my friends outside nairaland and probably order since I appear to b d only one in my axis.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby: 11:14am On Sep 07, 2016
mothers pls advise me,hubby and I decided that my 2 year old shld start sleeping in the room wt his brother but the boy has been waking up every night to come to our room and gently crawls to the bed,we will just see him on our bed in the morning so av been alert,I will send him back to their room but he will cry to d extent that neighbours will ask d next day wt I did to him. hubby warned him one night before going to bed bt he still came to the room at night and slept on the chair,by morning his body was full of mosquito bites,if we lock d door he will cry at d entrance till am forced to open cos his cry will be soooo loud at that time of the night.pls wt can we do?we CNT even kpekus in peace for fear of him walking in or banging d door abi which kind be dis?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 11:14am On Sep 07, 2016
Thank you so much mama...will do as adviced

AlphaHandMaiden:

What facilities do they have to store and warm up the food.

If they have a steamer, you can pretty much pack anything made from home as it doesnt dry up the food. Whatever you usually mash up for her should be fine.

For snacks You can pop in some prepared fruits and veg.
a banana (whole),
Cut up and deseeded watermelons
Sectioned and deseeded oranges or tangerines
Diced mango pieces.
Half an avocado.( brush the exposed edges in lemon or lime juice to prevent discoloration and wrap in cling film.
Boiled sliced carrots sticks.

You could also try some sandwiches cut up into about 4 strips. For fillings you could try
Butter & jam
peanut butter or
mashed egg yolk & avocado ( sprinkle avocado poeces with lime or lemon juice to prevent discoloration)
Even simple toast with a bit of butter or jam can offered.

Why dont you speak with the creche and see if they have a preference. They should offer to keep the food in the fridge till required. Some may even offer to provide lunch, howevrr you may want to see their lunch menu to make sure its varied and healthy.

Hope this helps.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 11:31am On Sep 07, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Have you ever seen a typical nigerian on a rollercoaster......

.... when init init! and yo mehn! Sprii, sprii Accent turns to oluwami egba mi, e shanu mi! Blurrojissos!!!! Mba! Mba mbanu!!!! Stop!!!!Open oh!!!!..... let me come down!!! I dont want to do again oh!!!!

grin grin grin

Fearless ko! e no dey work!

Hahaha I just shared this analysis with my mom! Ah cannot laugh alone cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 11:35am On Sep 07, 2016
marionclaire:

Thanks sister. I appreciate your response. I will keep using the aveeno cream. I think I will have to try cloth diapers for now till it clears while trying to get someone to bring in the sensitive pampers.

Rather than paying for someone's extra luggage,I have you tried one of these services that shop to Nigeria? I haven't tried them, but I see Mall4Africa ads everywhere, they claim to ship to your doorstep. I know there are others too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 11:40am On Sep 07, 2016
zionx:

I think our mothers did that because they are so used to their own old ways of doing things. My MIL did that for my Lo but that didn't stop my Lo from being easily startled.

Old mama like me I startle like kilode, I'm scared of heights. And I'm very sure I was thrown ahs turned upside down.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 11:47am On Sep 07, 2016
Tojued:

I've already concluded transactions with Mr. Sylvester. Only problem is he's probably overwhelmed with all the orders everyone's making at once. It seems he wants to conclude with you Lagos moms before giving Abuja face.

If there are more Abuja moms in Nyanya axis they might want to form a diff group, do their shipment together with nassarawa.

Abuja mama,good afternoon, i sent you email now, am waiting for your reply.Thanks or you could even create a whatup group for us, so there won't be any need calling.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 12:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
Rhukie:
yes but I don't want any book on religion
Alert received

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 12:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hello all!
I have ordered for books from kidco and he has promised delivery for tomorrow to my sis in-law's place. Will let you know how it goes.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 12:08pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tojued:

Though I sent whatssapp to u just now ma, but since it seems am d only Nasarawa mum, I will just get him some books here in our area from kid stores. cos shipping to my area will attract more cost i.e sending from abuja park to Keffi.
Sorry for d inconvenience.

cc: onegai

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2016
dunnybaby:
mothers pls advise me,hubby and I decided that my 2 year old shld start sleeping in the room wt his brother but the boy has been waking up every night to come to our room and gently crawls to the bed,we will just see him on our bed in the morning so av been alert,I will send him back to their room but he will cry to d extent that neighbours will ask d next day wt I did to him. hubby warned him one night before going to bed bt he still came to the room at night and slept on the chair,by morning his body was full of mosquito bites,if we lock d door he will cry at d entrance till am forced to open cos his cry will be soooo loud at that time of the night.pls wt can we do?we CNT even kpekus in peace for fear of him walking in or banging d door abi which kind be dis?

Lol! Stop driving him so hard if not he will even get more clingy. He's just 2 so can't be as independent as you want. Some days indulge and some days lie down with him in his room till he sleeps off b4 you retire to your room. Also keep light for them in d room so that he doesn't get frightened.
For me once I wean, my kids move to their room so I don't wait till they are bigger cos it's harder then. Even at that my 2nd son,almost 4yrs old still comes to my room once in awhile in d early hours of the morning.
Don't worry with time he will get a hang of it. As for kpekus, reschedule it for late nights instead of early hours of d morng. wink wink
That's d price of parenthood

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 12:14pm On Sep 07, 2016
soonest:

Lol! Stop driving him so hard if not he will even get more clingy. He's just 2 so can't be as independent as you want. Some days indulge and some days lie down with him in his room till he sleeps off b4 you retire to your room. Also keep light for them in d room so that he doesn't get frightened.
For me once I wean, my kids move to their room so I don't wait till they are bigger cos it's harder then. Even at that my 2nd son,almost 4yrs old still comes to my room once in awhile in d early hours of the morning.
Don't worry with time he will get a hang of it. As for kpekus, reschedule it for late nights instead of early hours of d morng. wink wink
I learnt from this.

Thanks to d mama that raised d question!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 12:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
tanx so much oneiga liftedhands tongued baby thug and oda mamas dat responded. pls am sorry for my neva ending complaints, my baby jst started developing rashes on his forehead noticed it since 4days ago nw its increasing, am using Johnson soap I guess its d cause cos I read abt some mamas complaining abt Johnson's soap pls which soap can I use for my 12weeks 5day old baby

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 12:37pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tojued:

Caveat: I don't believe there are any two books with the same title. Confirm this with him.
Whao, are you saying all 50books are different? Well our team leader Rofemiguwa will sort that out. Any which way is fine by me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby: 1:01pm On Sep 07, 2016
soonest:

mama God bless u,his brother moved to his room earlier but this one had some health issues which I raised here,God has taken control now,I guess its why he does all this,do u know even when I lie down wt him,he keeps lookin for breast to touch. my friends keep saying get pregnant so he stops all d clingy clingy but I guess its one d numerous superstitoons.Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
eolowu1:
tanx so much oneiga liftedhands tongued baby thug and oda mamas dat responded. pls am sorry for my neva ending complaints, my baby jst started developing rashes on his forehead noticed it since 4days ago nw its increasing, am using Johnson soap I guess its d cause cos I read abt some mamas complaining abt Johnson's soap pls which soap can I use for my 12weeks 5day old baby
Are sure oil that u put on d soft spot is not dripping on his forehead which can cause rashes?

Baby tetmosol soap is good, I v been using for 11 months now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aleesha0815: 1:27pm On Sep 07, 2016
I think there are 3 ib mamas interested already
teeteelardey:
Please how much will he ship to Ibadan @onegai
Ibadan mamas please let's indicate if we are interested,you can send a pm

(1) (2) (3) ... (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.