Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,937 members, 7,828,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (606) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4419318 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 07, 2016
christybabe:
waow the book club is such a good idea... Kudos @Onegai and other mama's, I wish am in lag so I could join the book club. You mamas are so full of knowledge.

@ dunamit, after I had my baby, my mum made sure that I sit on kitchen chair always, that was the only chair that I was allowed to sit on, because she said that if I fail to sit on kitchen chair that I would fart uncontrollable.
My FIL also said the same thing.
Other experienced mama's will contribute, maybe they might have other advices or belief.
My baby is 7 weeks old and am very ok.
tnks dear i ws ask to do same bt didnt tk it serious

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
Onegai:
Okay updated list

Cutiereborn/rhukie/rofemiguwa/Adeime: Yaba

Fabmum/imurboss: Ilupeju

Babylove01: Benin/Yaba
Goldenruby: Ojo/Yaba

MetroTee: Lekki

NoQualms1: Festac

QueensC/hotmamma: Iyana Ipaja/Akowonjo

Pretimum/Osas4g/OnyxGem10/Ennyo: Gbagada/Oworo/isheri-ijegun

Tojued/Mumsgirl27/mukht/contem2011/Maran1983: Abuja/Nassarawa

Christybabe: Port Harcourt

Godmercy2015: Ijebu Ode

Aleesha0815/teeteelardey/everfaithfulGod: Ibadan

Tchiwinnie: Okota

Dunasy: Ikorodu (are you close to the oworo group?)

Please can we keep the groups 4 or 5 mums each? So you are getting 10 to 12 books each. Also shipping varies for each state. Iyana ipaja will get the cheapest shipping because you are close to Kidco (who is in Ota).

Please am interested. Portharcourt please

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
I have asked before and my question was ignored, and am still asking again about dis sugar and oil recipe. The cough has being serious and am giving my lo primpex bt d cough is getin more deeper. Can i give my two months lo d recipe? Hw is d measurement? Must it be st louis sugar? Pls mamas answer me ooooooooooooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2016
Jennykoko3009:
I have asked before and my question was ignored, and am still asking again about dis sugar and oil recipe. The cough has being serious and am giving my lo primpex bt d cough is getin more deeper. Can i give my two months lo d recipe? Hw is d measurement? Must it be st louis sugar? Pls mamas answer me ooooooooooooo
I am not sure about giving it to a 2month old sha, but Mama zayine who told us about it said, the Mama that introduced it to her said it must only be st loius sugar and to make it, you mix a cube with red oil, not thick and not runny. Then give to the child every 2hrs or so till he/she is better. HTH
Betterstill, mention Mama zayine who will give you a comprehensive explanation.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumjb(f): 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2016
rezzy:

if he can eat swallow, like EBA, amala, semo , just feed him till he gets full. He will only demand for water if he wakes up.

I'm still battling with mine. My son is 22 months old, he wakes up at least 2 times to demand for food or water. He is a very light eater, his food is majorly pap and golden morn and it must be served in his feeding bottles.

pls don't give sleeping tablets. Immediately he wakes, try giving him the tea or viju fast, delaying the food can clear sleep away from his eyes.

you can put his food near the bed side.

Pele , he will outgrow it soon, Waking up every time is not easy.

thanks ma
will try giving him swallow to c how it goes, i usually give him golden morn at night.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumjb(f): 4:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
comtem2011:
am sure its a phase that will surely pass, exercise patience and pls don't load his system with sleeping tablet.

thanks for ur respond
i will b patient nd i pray the phase pass quickly.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumjb(f): 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2016
Onegai:

Ah please do not give any child sleeping tablet! There's no safe dosage for a toddler you are putting him in great danger. Wow. Toddlers are very naughty, mine used to wake up anyhow until recently because we were still breastfeeding. Let him cry it out, we had to and at least from 10.30pm till 5pm she's asleep (she wakes up and goes back immediately). We tried sleep training but she resisted until now.

thanks ma

i wont give him slepping tablet.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 4:10pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tojued:

I've already concluded transactions with Mr. Sylvester. Only problem is he's probably overwhelmed with all the orders everyone's making at once. It seems he wants to conclude with you Lagos moms before giving Abuja face.

By the way he told me delivery is 3k to Abuja for 50 books, not 2,500.

If there are more Abuja moms in Nyanya axis they might want to form a diff group, do their shipment together with nassarawa.

Madam it is N2500 o. I usually tell him who will contact him so please mention me when you are speaking to him because I negotiated with him to give us lower shipping rates when he could. So if you call him now, he is expecting to speak to Tojued and will agree to N2500 (hopefully).

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 4:16pm On Sep 07, 2016
Jennykoko3009:

Madam, please try the search eh, I checked for you because I couldn't remember.

zaynie said:

A cube of st louis sugar crushed in palm oil, not too watery or thick and give half a teaspoon 2-3 hours apart.

But i don't know about the age if it is safe. Are you aure it may not be an allergy because sometimes allergy is cough and runny nose (those are my symptoms). Please try the sugar-oil first.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumjb(f): 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
zemaye:
He will change over time But some children take long Be patient give it time Meanwhile you can feed him heavy dinner close to bed time HTH

thanks mam
i will start giving him heavy dinner at night.
i hope he change soon.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 4:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
Onegai:

I think at that age you can give raw pureed apple. Does he have teeth, If he does he can try chewing very small chunks of raw apple. Apparently learning to chew teaches them how to use their jaw and talk.

You can make pap?! Heyyy Gawwdd o what was I doing when my mates were learning life changing skills??

k ma, yes he has 3 teeths and can chew very wel.
Thanks.
As 4 d dry pap lesson, i tink it was dscused in page 568. U can check it out if u missed it . Am in d dryin proces now. Hope it drys faster.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2016
Modified
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
Onegai:
Okay updated list

Please can we keep the groups 4 or 5 mums each? So you are getting 10 to 12 books each. Also shipping varies for each state. Iyana ipaja will get the cheapest shipping because you are close to Kidco (who is in Ota).

I am interested Akowonjo group.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 4:46pm On Sep 07, 2016
cutiereborn:

I am not sure about giving it to a 2month old sha, but Mama zayine who told us about it said, the Mama that introduced it to her said it must only be st loius sugar and to make it, you mix a cube with red oil, not thick and not runny. Then give to the child every 2hrs or so till he/she is better. HTH
Betterstill, mention Mama zayine who will give you a comprehensive explanation.

Ok. Thanks ma. Dats wat bothers me if i can give it to him since he is jus two months.
Or do u no any medicine dat is safe
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 4:51pm On Sep 07, 2016
Onegai:

Madam, please try the search eh, I checked for you because I couldn't remember.

zaynie said:

A cube of st louis sugar crushed in palm oil, not too watery or thick and give half a teaspoon 2-3 hours apart.

But i don't know about the age if it is safe. Are you aure it may not be an allergy because sometimes allergy is cough and runny nose (those are my symptoms). Please try the sugar-oil first.

Dats y am asking. Jus confuse. Wat shud i do
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
I wouldn't mind aligning with the Iyanapaja/akowonjo Mums. My holiday in lagos ends next week. I can pick up anywhere around Iyanapaja. Thanks
Cc: onegai

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by osas4g: 6:51pm On Sep 07, 2016
[quote author=Jennykoko3009 post=49157318]

Ok. Thanks ma. Dats wat bothers me if i can give it to him since he is jus two months.
Or do u no any medicine dat is safe[/quote

Mama,
Sorry about yur lo. I had similar experience @2mths too. I can here and asked, mama zaynie said yes to the red oil and sugar receipe but it was late bfor I saw d response. Dh insisted we take lo to the hospital where we were give Zinnat cefuroxime (125mg) 2.5 mls morning and night for like 5 days
And vit. C.
Infact it dried up d second day. But I completed the dose.
Hope u find this useful.

Note:
You can buy another brand if yu dont get Zinnat plus itz a bit pricey tho.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 10:04pm On Sep 07, 2016
Jennykoko3009:

Or do u no any medicine dat is safe
AM not sure ma, maybe you should follow the recommendation made by Osas4g and go see a doctor to recommend something more effective for your baby & make sure the environment is not dusty or cold as that could increase the cough. I hope your little one feels better soonest.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babylove01: 11:59pm On Sep 07, 2016
Please rofemiguwa I sent you a message can you pls reply so I know the next step to take. Please if Yaba isn't possible so I join another group before it gets filled up. Please

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 1:54am On Sep 08, 2016
Yes I have singing book... some of the books has piano keyboard others camera, others bells, other pop up and flap... other u you touch and feel how a lion mane is etc... these are pricy

Liftedhands:
@Kidco do you have singing books? Those that sing when opened? Or pop up?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 1:55am On Sep 08, 2016
Yaba. Contingent of 50 book ready
babylove01:
Please rofemiguwa I sent you a message can you pls reply so I know the next step to take. Please if Yaba isn't possible so I join another group before it gets filled up. Please
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 1:57am On Sep 08, 2016
Ikeja
Doubledouble:
Hello all!
I have ordered for books from kidco and he has promised delivery for tomorrow to my sis in-law's place. Will let you know how it goes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 1:59am On Sep 08, 2016
Abuja 0-6 year ready for shipment
Tojued:

I've already concluded transactions with Mr. Sylvester. Only problem is he's probably overwhelmed with all the orders everyone's making at once. It seems he wants to conclude with you Lagos moms before giving Abuja face.

By the way he told me delivery is 3k to Abuja for 50 books, not 2,500.

If there are more Abuja moms in Nyanya axis they might want to form a diff group, do their shipment together with nassarawa.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 2:00am On Sep 08, 2016
Good advice
thanks
HiAll:

just a little piece of advice to all, be careful while u r dishing out ur personal contacts (address and numbers), not everyone here might be what they claim to be. also be discreet while meeting for payments and book collections etc. take safety measures like making the meetings at public places and not ur homes, if u drive down, park somewhere a bit away from where u r supposed to meet and take a walk to the meeting point, let a friend accompany u if possible, not u alone etc. am not trying to frighten anyone, but no one shud be vulnerable to predators. i hope this info helps
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 2:09am On Sep 08, 2016
Google author Omosun sylvester thanks
Whartsarp is more preferred mode of transaction though

@Kidco I tried searching your page on Facebook to no avail. [/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 2:16am On Sep 08, 2016
Lol
I was caught
And he was 4
though dark
The story goes
...we are exercising

Hahaaa
soonest:

Lol! Stop driving him so hard if not he will even get more clingy. He's just 2 so can't be as independent as you want. Some days indulge and some days lie down with him in his room till he sleeps off b4 you retire to your room. Also keep light for them in d room so that he doesn't get frightened.
For me once I wean, my kids move to their room so I don't wait till they are bigger cos it's harder then. Even at that my 2nd son,almost 4yrs old still comes to my room once in awhile in d early hours of the morning.
Don't worry with time he will get a hang of it. As for kpekus, reschedule it for late nights instead of early hours of d morng. wink wink
That's d price of parenthood
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amazing01: 7:31am On Sep 08, 2016
Onegai:

Lifeline Children's Hospital tends to use ear piercing guns (though it tends to run out quickly and they charged N5000 for piercing as at last year). They have locations in Surulere and Lekki so you could check there.

Thank you x
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 7:34am On Sep 08, 2016
Morning Captain Onegai, I'm interested in the books too. Okota/Ikotun axis
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:13am On Sep 08, 2016
Okay updated list

Cutiereborn/rhukie/rofemiguwa/Adeime/anonymous: Yaba

Fabmum/imurboss: Ilupeju

Babylove01: Benin/Yaba (2nd Yaba group)
Goldenruby: Ojo/Yaba

MetroTee/Onegai/honeyfave/mrsbw: Lekki

NoQualms1: Festac

QueensC/hotmamma/XX01/goldenruby/lawvlypearl: Iyana Ipaja/Akowonjo

Pretimum/Osas4g/OnyxGem10/Ennyo: Gbagada/Oworo/isheri-ijegun

Tojued/Mumsgirl27/mukht/contem2011/Maran1983: Abuja/Nassarawa

Christybabe/orirebaby/Abiagirl777: Port Harcourt

Godmercy2015: Ijebu Ode

Aleesha0815/teeteelardey/everfaithfulGod: Ibadan

Tchiwinnie/temmy2103: Okota

Dunasy: Ikorodu (are you close to the oworo group?)

Tchiwinnie please mention Kidco so he care give more details for your friends. He only sent me a few pictures but chaulay1 and some other mums have transacted with him and are satisfied.

MetroTee, shipping to Lekki is N1500.

Ladies please try and collect your money on time so we get our books from Kidco on time. Thanks. Any mum who is ready with our group's money should contact him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 8:25am On Sep 08, 2016
kidco:
Lol
I was caught
And he was 4
though dark
The story goes
...we are exercising

Hahaaa

Hahahahaha! I fear catching more than anything. Lol! You are quite poetic o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:28am On Sep 08, 2016
Eolowu1, can you find Dove Pure and sensitive soap? Johnson's can be harsh on babies' skins
Contem2011 is Tetmosol an antibacterial soap? If it is, check back a few pages to what we wrote on antibacterial soaps: they're not so good for people and the U.S. is banning it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:36am On Sep 08, 2016
Today is #TICKLEDTHURSDAY! the day we share funny stories of us and our kids.

So I apparently live with an Interior Decorator, Because my little girl is constantly moving things around (we are looking for remote controls, ATM cards, a handset, some makeup, one or two earrings, one black wallet and some pencils. Please if you see them, let me know).

Because of her decorating skills, I try and chase her away when I notice her moving towards my jewelry box. So this morning, I was drinking water and she realised it was her chance and went for it. Sharply I jumped at her
...and used my head to hit her wooden crib, spilled the water and then hit my mouth against the wooden frame of the bed. Now my mouth is swollen and the tooth there is wobbly and worse, my husband laughed and gave her the entire jewelry box to play it (he wanted his wallet back).

Sigh.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.