Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,254 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (780) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4411969 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 11:10pm On Dec 23, 2016
zaynie:

My babe is badass and going to give u a run for your money grin
I love her joor kiss

Maami, asin ehn...u pple shld epp me o

Today I bought dat bottle dat had spoon, for wia! She didn't take it. How I go do dis one again?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 11:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
feddy27:

Maami, asin ehn...u pple shld epp me o

Today I bought dat bottle dat had spoon, for wia! She didn't take it. How I go do dis one again?

How warm is her milk?

Room temperature, lukewarm or really warm?

Try giving her formula made with warm water and she might take it. At a certain phase, my son won't drink formula except it was prepared with really warm water.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mompurity2: 2:43am On Dec 24, 2016
Seasons greetings everyone and have a very merry Christmas.

I have so missed this thread ehn sad. Haven't been coming online cos the network I use is so terrible where I live. Tried another network and the data was just running like tap water sad. It is well ooo. I see you all wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:47am On Dec 24, 2016
ayolight:

Thanks and God bless ma. First time i am receiving an xmas gift. Thanks again
You are highly welcome Ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mompurity2: 3:20am On Dec 24, 2016
Please help with suggestions. My babies have very thick and full hair. They cry every morning and night when combing since they were 3 months plus. I have been using coconut oil and shea butter mix on their hair from birth.

How do i manage to groom their hair without causing them so much pain?
. Mamas how often do you wash you babies hair? Is washing and combing twice daily too much?
What can I use to make combing easier?

Nb:I use a wide toothed comb too

it breaks my heart to see them in pain embarassed

19 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 3:36am On Dec 24, 2016
Thanksgiving Prayer:

Eternal Rock of ages we thank you for another day, we appreciate you for the gift of life, sound health, We glorify your Name for your protection over our families, our loved ones, we adore you for the great mercy you make us to enjoy day-by-day, You never allow the plans of the evil ones come to pass in our lives, we thank you for keeping our homes, no evil report/news on this forum. We give you adoration because we did not mourn over any mama on this forum, you protected us from pregnancy to the stage of delivery and you kept our little ones safe and sound, even though the devil tried with different forms of infection, you extend your healing hand upon them and they came out victorious.

We thank you from January to December, you surrounded our Lives with peace and you make your grace to be sufficient for us. It can only be you Baba. Father we return all the Glory unto your Holy Name. May your Name me exalted In the Name of Jesus.

We thank you for the lives of our husband, you are forever faithful to them, we thank you for the life of those little children you gave unto us to nurture, they are growing from strength to strength, you never allow them to be a source of worry to us. We thank you for our parents, you are the source of their strength, You make their old age to be graceful and peaceful.

We thank you for our jobs/ business, even with the cry of recession up and down, you sustained our jobs/business, we thank you for diverse testimonies in our various households. We appreciate you Lord for journey mercy throughout the year, the road that some people ply and they lost their lives, we plied the same road and we landed safely. You never make our piece of cloth, shoes to be a means of our identification. We thank you for the spirit of togetherness on this thread, even when there is misunderstanding, you bring us back together and put the spirit of forgiveness in us.

We thank you for joy unspeakable in our lives. We shall forever be greatful oh Lord!!! In Jesus Name we have giving thanks. Amen.

28 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:06am On Dec 24, 2016
PRAYER TIME

Singing
We are here today because God kept us,
We are alive today only because of his grace,
He kept us,
God kept us,
His mercy kept us,
So we wouldn't let go.

Father in Jesus name, Ancient of days we give you all the glory, honour and adoration for your potection over our families from the beginning of this year up to this moment. Accept our thanks in Jesus name.

Lord, we ask that you bless us with your favour. Provide for all our needs. Protect us from harm and evil. Bless us so that we can be a blessing to one another.

We ask that you bring perfect peace and unity to every family going through one issue or the other.

Lord, everyone looking unto you for one business idea or the other, we ask that you lead them and direct them on the right path. We pray for those that are trusting you for a good job or change of job that you surprise them and grant them their heart desires this season.

Lord, we pray for our children that they will be protected from the evil one in each area of their lives: Spiritual, emotional and physical.
We pray that you give them wisdom and protect them from wrong friends. We pray that they meet their milestones at the right time and that they shall always be a source of joy and blessings to us.

We pray that you give us the wisdom to train them and lead them in a right way so that when they grow up, they will not depart from it. We ask that you provide for us so that we can take very good care of them.

We pray for every members of this thread that we abide in unity and teach us to love one another.

Lord, we pray for everyone looking unto you for the fruit of the womb, we ask that you bless them with their own miracles and grant them their heart desires this season which is celebration season so that all that hear their testimony can rejoice with them.

We pray for all pregnant women and we ask that you grant them safe delivery.

Lord, you know each of our heart desires, we ask that you grant us all our heart desires and meet us at the point of our needs.

We commit our country into your hands, we ask that may your peace reign and may you give our leaders the wisdom to lead us in a right way.

We commit the remaining days of this year into your hands, we pray and ask for your divine protection and we come against every form of bad news in Jesus name.

This is the confidence that we have in you that if we ask anything according to your will, you will hear us.

Thank you Lord for answered prayers.

In Jesus Mighty Name We Pray. AMEN!

Shalom! Merry Xmas Everyone and wishing us all a prosperous and flourishing 2017 in advance.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ttomexy(f): 5:44am On Dec 24, 2016
Amen
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 5:53am On Dec 24, 2016
Amen, in Jesus Name, Amen
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 6:58am On Dec 24, 2016
A big Amen to the prayers.

Mompurity2 your cuties are looking cutier, kisses to them
If I were you ,what I will do is to apply conditioner once in a while to soften the hair more
Secondly you don't need to wash that often,you will make the hair loose its natural moisture, thereby making it more dry
Thirdly I will weave just like you have done( they look so cute with it) to avoid combing

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 7:40am On Dec 24, 2016
Lord Jesus we thank you for dis beautiful morning, we thank u for making it possible for us to be alive dis morning, thank you daddy for d miracle for sleeping and waking up, thank u for ur endless love over our lives, thank u for ur unmerited mercy, for ur peace that is reigning in our lives, thank for d lives of our children, our husbands and our families as a whole, Daddy we re alive and well dis morning is by ur grace and favour, daddy we say thank u accept our thanks oh Lord, Father we thank you for ur provisions, for protection and guidance, for ur sustenance, support, preservations we say thank you accept our thanks oh Lord. Lord Jesus we thank you for keeping our jobs, businesses and our sources of livelihoods we say thank baba accept our thanks in Jesus name. Father u ur plenteous in mercy and ur mercy is frm everlasting to everlasting therefore we ask for ur mercy, baba in any way dat we might have sin against u Father show mercy and forgive us in Jesus name. Father we com before u dis morning, continue to bless our homes, continue to protect and guide us, show us mercy in every areas of our lives in Jesus name, favour us on every sides in Jesus name. our sisters in pregy thread, baba show mercy and bless then with d fruits of d womb in Jesus name. Father thank u for answered prayer, in Jesus name we have given thanks. Amen

15 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 7:45am On Dec 24, 2016
helovesme:

How warm is her milk?

Room temperature, lukewarm or really warm?

Try giving her formula made with warm water and she might take it. At a certain phase, my son won't drink formula except it was prepared with really warm water.

I always give her warm milk. I'm thinkin maybe I should get another teat
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 7:48am On Dec 24, 2016
Mompurity2, Wao! See my lovely twinnies kiss pls don't wash their hair daily; once a week is fine. Then condition it and weave it. Also u can get a detangler, dats what I use for my son. Castor oil is also very good and I notice it makes his hair soft and easy to comb
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:30am On Dec 24, 2016
mompurity2:
Please help with suggestions. My babies have very thick and full hair. They cry every morning and night when combing since they were 3 months plus. I have been using coconut oil and shea butter mix on their hair from birth.

. Mamas how often do you wash you babies hair? Is washing and combing twice daily too much?
What can I use to make combing easier?

Nb:I use a wide toothed comb too

it breaks my heart to see them in pain embarassed

Lovely babies.... Alphababy, oya come and borrow hair here oh... grin
Washing twice a day is too much i think
You can wash just once or twice a week eith shampoo, inbetween(like every other day) omit the shampoo and just use conditioner and rinse off it is called co-washing.

Before each bath, spray some water ( not a full rinse oh) to damping the hair, and when you finish with the bath, add your cream/oil and comb as usual. If you have a spray bottle that will be good, but not essential.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by loistee: 8:59am On Dec 24, 2016
Gud morning mama pls how do I get rid of carrth in my 4 month old baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:29am On Dec 24, 2016
[quote author=mompurity2 post=52208809]Please help with suggestions. My babies have very thick and full hair. They cry every morning and night when combing since they were 3 months plus. I have been using coconut oil and shea butter mix on their hair from birth.

What can I use to make combing easier.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcanebaby: 9:44am On Dec 24, 2016
Feddy27, I currently use tommee tippee feeding bottles and I swear D's does not know the difference between my nipples and the teat. Maybe you could try that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:29am On Dec 24, 2016
Mompurity2, I wash once a week with Sebamed Baby shampoo and use an organic conditioner daily, followed by a blend of shea and cocoa butter with coconut oil to seal in the moisture then comb with a wide-toothed comb. I only comb her hair when it's wet or she will cry. There are a lot of Nigerian organic companies that make conditioners for kids (I even saw some from Ghana) that you can try.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mompurity2: 10:34am On Dec 24, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Lovely babies.... Alphababy, oya come and borrow hair here oh... grin
Washing twice a day is too much i think
You can wash just once or twice a week eith shampoo, inbetween(like every other day) omit the shampoo and just use conditioner and rinse off it is called co-washing.

Before each bath, spray some water ( not a full rinse oh) to damping the hair, and when you finish with the bath, add your cream/oil and comb as usual. If you have a spray bottle that will be good, but not essential.
won't the hair smell from sweating, if i dont wash often cos our weather here is very hot.

I will try your method. I hope I will come back to testify.
Thanks for your suggestion .

@feddy27, yes o. Those are your twinnes ooo. Growing with speed. We bless God. How is my handsome baby and baby fedora doing? Send my kisses.

I will try your suggestion. But won't water or soap touch the hair. Cos my babies are hyperactive during bath time. They love bathing cheesy.

@dexterush, thanks mum. Saw your cuties too. I'm in love. Send my kisses. I will try not washing often. Can you suggest any good hair care product for babies (brand).?.

@comtem2011, thanks for helping highlight my question. Kisses to your lo

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mompurity2: 10:40am On Dec 24, 2016
Onegai:
Mompurity2, I wash once a week with Sebamed Baby shampoo and use an organic conditioner daily, followed by a blend of shea and cocoa butter with coconut oil to seal in the moisture then comb with a wide-toothed comb. I only comb her hair when it's wet or she will cry. There are a lot of Nigerian organic companies that make conditioners for kids (I even saw some from Ghana) that you can try.
I never knew people wash babies hair once a week ooo. Chai.... so I have been stressing my babies scalp since cry cry cry. I will stop washing daily. Thanks ma.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pacypatty(f): 11:18am On Dec 24, 2016
We commit the remaining days of this year into your hands, we pray and ask for your divine protection and we come against every form of bad news in Jesus name.

This is the confidence that we have in you that if we ask anything according to your will, you will hear us.

Thank you Lord for answered prayers.

Amen & Amen...

In Jesus Mighty Name We Pray. AMEN!

Shalom! Merry Xmas Everyone and wishing us all a prosperous and flourishing 2017 in advance.[/quote]

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 12:40pm On Dec 24, 2016
mompurity2:
won't the hair smell from sweating, if i dont wash often cos our weather here is very hot.

I will try your method. I hope I will come back to testify.
Thanks for your suggestion .

@feddy27, yes o. Those are your twinnes ooo. Growing with speed. We bless God. How is my handsome baby and baby fedora doing? Send my kisses.

I will try your suggestion. But won't water or soap touch the hair. Cos my babies are hyperactive during bath time. They love bathing cheesy.

@dexterush, thanks mum. Saw your cuties too. I'm in love. Send my kisses. I will try not washing often. Can you suggest any good hair care product for babies (brand).?.

@comtem2011, thanks for helping highlight my question. Kisses to your lo

You wash with the conditioner instead, so add water like you want to wash and instead of shampoo, use conditioner... some will even lather up. Rinse as normal . It will remove sweat and most of the dirt if the hair is reall dirtyf or a baby, you may not even need anything else.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by onyinyechika08: 2:09pm On Dec 24, 2016
Thanks feddy27 I'l try feeding him with spoon as u suggested. Baby Fedora don't trouble mummy oo smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 2:41pm On Dec 24, 2016
sugarcanebaby:
Feddy..27, I currently use tommee tippee feeding bottles and I swear D's does not know the difference between my nipples and the teat. Maybe you could try that.

My dear, it's tommee tippee she has been using b4 dis sudden change. I've changed the milk again to lactogen and I will get Dr brown's bottle
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 4:41pm On Dec 24, 2016
feddy27:

I always give her warm milk. I'm thinkin maybe I should get another teat

You can try another teat. Another trick is to boil the teat till it's a bit tender.

I use avent bottles/teat with a steam steriliser which I believe over time softens the teat.

Another thing is to stick to formula brands. Once you discover a brand she likes, stick to it. I remember there was a certain time (just suddenly) my son wasn't keen on Aptamil but I kept offering it even though he would drink little and refuse the rest. After a few days, he began guzzling everything down and I even had to up the quantity with an extra 20ml.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by xeexee1: 4:43pm On Dec 24, 2016
compliments of the season mummies... please i need ur help mumy my son is exactly 1yr yesterday he doesnt like eating.. he use to like pap than any other cereal i tried givn him draw soup, semo, rice, mashed pototoes but he wnt eat only breast milk inwch i never did exclusive oo.. please mamas wat kind of multivitamin can i give him to mak him eat.. his loosing weight n drain me cos he sucks alots and am thinkn of weaning him know that he doesn't eat what is the way forward mummies.. txxx u pls lookn forward to your replies..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2016
Hello Mamas, compliments of the season.

Pls oh, My DD (she is 3weeks and 5 days) hasn't pooped in 24 hours (last she pooped was around 4am on friday morning and it was quite much). She has been releasing very smelly 'fart' and peeing well, but she still hasn't pooped and i'm a bit worried.
I have taken lots of orange and beans so that she can get it through BM to help her poop but nothing yet o.

we are on BM and formula (NAN1 which she takes only twice a day)

Pls help a FTM o! grin grin

Zaynie
Onegai
Alphahandmaiden
comtem2011
dexterush
and all other mamas

Thanks... Merry Xmas in advance smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 5:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
enque:
Hello Mamas, compliments of the season.

Pls oh, My DD (she is 3weeks and 5 days) hasn't pooped in 24 hours (last she pooped was around 4am on friday morning and it was quite much). She has been releasing very smelly 'fart' and peeing well, but she still hasn't pooped and i'm a bit worried.
I have taken lots of orange and beans so that she can get it through BM to help her poop but nothing yet o.

we are on BM and formula (NAN1 which she takes only twice a day)

Pls help a FTM o! grin grin

Zaynie
Onegai
Alphahandmaiden
comtem2011
dexterush
and all other mamas

Thanks... Merry Xmas in advance smiley
Worry not, but since she is on formula as well, you can give her water. 24 hrs is nothing to worry about as long as she is releasing gas (fart).

Be ready for more smelly fart with the beans you are eating. lol.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 5:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
xeexee1:
compliments of the season mummies... please i need ur help mumy my son is exactly 1yr yesterday he doesnt like eating.. he use to like pap than any other cereal i tried givn him draw soup, semo, rice, mashed pototoes but he wnt eat only breast milk inwch i never did exclusive oo.. please mamas wat kind of multivitamin can i give him to mak him eat.. his loosing weight n drain me cos he sucks alots and am thinkn of weaning him know that he doesn't eat what is the way forward mummies.. txxx u pls lookn forward to your replies..
cc: helovesme onegai AlphaHandMaiden Feddy27 babythug soonest and other experienced mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:31pm On Dec 24, 2016
how often? and what quantity would u advice i give her?

Thanks ma

comtem2011:
Worry not, but since she is on formula as well, you can give her water. 24 hrs is nothing to worry about as long as she is releasing gas (fart).

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 5:34pm On Dec 24, 2016
comtem2011:

Enque, I agree with ^^^^^^
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2016
xeexee1:

Multivitamin - I recommend wellbaby. Picture attached.

Have you tried time proven classics like bread and milo?

Prepare a thick cup of milo and Peak milk (since he's one, he can take cow milk). Get fresh bread and dip little chunks of the bread in the tea and give it to him. To further entice him, you can use a silver teaspoon and also feed yourself one or two spoons (make sure he's watching you and make funny sounds with your mouth) and then you offer him the "milo soaked" bread.

What type of potatoes do you give him? Irish or sweet? Try sweet potatoes. Well boiled, marsh and add a dash of butter.

You can try other cereals - corn flakes, shreedies, granola, wheatabix. Prepare them using warm water and powdered milk. The cereal should be a little soggy as this makes it easier for babies to chew and swallow. (I usually prepare mine with hot water, then I drain the hot water, pour warm water and then add powdered milk). Make sure it's creamy so be generous with the milk. Add a little honey to sweeten.

Semo isn't everyone's favourite. Personally, I hate it so I won't be suprised if any baby doesn't like it. Other Nigerian swallow you can try is wheat (the Honeywell packaged wheat). Try another type of soup such as efo riro (spinach, tomatoes, ball peppers, fish, little oil, small sprinkle of curry and thyme, no salt or maggi).

You need to stylishly get him into a feeding routine. Try and give him solids in between his breast feeds. For example, before I weaned my son, he could breastfeed at 6pm, have a proper meal say 7.30pm to 8pm, he baths and then sometimes I offer him a slice of bread (or half) with milo and then it's bedtime.

Finally, get a high chair. Have him sit at the dinner table with you and watch you eat. This will ignite his interest in food as he will be keen to have his own plate/spoon and also copy you as you eat.

5 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.