Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (790) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4410406 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maamee01(f): 1:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
Tojued:

You don't wish you were there o. The heat is crazy. Lo even lost appetite due to discomfort.

Heat rash, Sun burn. Meanwhile the child will now be soaked in sweat, leading to catarrh and cough. Abeg the heat and humidity just too much.

Lo was now like baby coming from abroad lol

embarassed aaaaahh scared embarassed beta this harmattan then all we need do is stay in door all day.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maamee01(f): 1:39pm On Jan 09, 2017
AbbynHummy:

But the heat is too much o

I give up! My Lo sweat's like he-goat. I neva see where he-goat sweat b4 ooo.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 2:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
Livez:
Help a first time mum.

Didnt even knw lo is meant to poo every day until I saw mums complaining here. We are on EBF, lo takes like a week to poo after her last poo. What can I do to help her poo everyday or is it normal
Yes, it is normal for EBF babies
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2017
Una don pursue Onegai abi? E no good o. This mama really tried na in organising and helping to keep this thread lively. Una take fight and mouth pursue that mama. And I think I saw only one person give a vote of thanks. Everybody just continued like say she no impact this thread. Issokay. The value of a thing is not known until its lost. Make una appoint new captain o. If not, this thread go soon dull finish like before before.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 5:41pm On Jan 09, 2017
maamee01:

Harmattan long gone? Which part of Naija r you? I need send my LO over there.

Benin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 5:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
Flowerlady01:
Una don pursue Onegai abi? E no good o. This mama really tried na in organising and helping to keep this thread lively. Una take fight and mouth pursue that mama. And I think I saw only one person give a vote of thanks. Everybody just continued like say she no impact this thread. Issokay. The value of a thing is not known until its lost. Make una appoint new captain o. If not, this thread go soon dull finish like before before.

We didn't pursue onegai, she said she will be very busy this year. Onegai, we miss you o! Pls check in here once in a while.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bussy2rhymes(f): 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2017
Good Evening mamas in the house, Happy New Year to all

My ds of 11weeks old has been having multiple boils on his head. He has been placed on Augmentin twice. The boil reappears again after finishing each dose.
Now, I dont want to bombard his body with antibiotics anymore. pls who has experience this recurring multiple boils and how did you overcome it?
Thanks

cc: soonest and other sabi mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 8:20pm On Jan 09, 2017
temmy2103:

Yes, it is normal for EBF babies
dis poo issue my lo is six weeks today and he is on EBF nd he poo every day, in short he poo 3to 4 times a day is dis normal?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maamee01(f): 9:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
roseval:
dis poo issue my lo is six weeks today and he is on EBF nd he poo every day, in short he poo 3to 4 times a day is dis normal?

It's normal as long as the poop is not watery or running.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 9:43pm On Jan 09, 2017
bussy2rhymes:

My ds of 11weeks old has been having multiple boils on his head. He has been placed on Augmentin twice. The boil reappears again after finishing each dose.
Now, I dont want to bombard his body with antibiotics anymore. pls who has experience this recurring multiple boils and how did you overcome it?
Thanks

cc: soonest and other sabi mama
Do you usually complete the dose? Well, improve hygiene around the house.
Add savlon when doing her laundry.
When they burst, clean the boil and the surrounding area with disinfectant.
Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Xone3(f): 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2017
1in 4 girls and 1 in 10 boys are sexually violated before the age of 18.
Its time to protect our kids against child sexual abuse and report any of such case when detected. It is our responsibility.
#childhelpline #08008008001 # tollfree # savethechild

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 1:56am On Jan 10, 2017
Flowerlady01:
She's seriously appreciated and missed, person like me said a word of prayer for her cos i hardly post n I know lots if other moms did too,though sometimes its good to say tinx openly so d person involved will know.she really did excellently

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:13am On Jan 10, 2017
bussy2rhymes:

Thanks

cc: soo.nest and other sabi mama

Since you av treated with antibiotics I will suggest you get original shea butter always apply it to the boil site anytime you remember even if its every hour. Please hygiene shld also be top notch especially washing of your hands.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bussy2rhymes(f): 8:00am On Jan 10, 2017
orirebaby:

Since you av treated with antibiotics I will suggest you get original shea butter always apply it to the boil site anytime you remember even if its every hour. Please hygiene shld also be top notch especially washing of your hands.

Thanks, I have been applying Shea butter and very careful with hygiene.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bussy2rhymes(f): 8:04am On Jan 10, 2017
soonest:

Do you usually complete the dose? Well, improve hygiene around the house.
Add savlon when doing her laundry.
When they burst, clean the boil and the surrounding area with disinfectant.
Cheers

He complete his dose, took it twice for 7days. I have been adding salvon to his laundry too. Is there any ointment I can use? I am using Shea butter
Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 8:14am On Jan 10, 2017
bussy2rhymes:

He complete his dose, took it twice for 7days. I have been adding salvon to his laundry too. Is there any ointment I can use? I am using Shea butter
Thanks.
Ok. Shea Butter is good.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 8:57am On Jan 10, 2017
roseval:
Can't remember when my baby's weekly poo started but I'm sure not from birth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 10:32am On Jan 10, 2017
bussy2rhymes:

Thanks

a

I remember you raised this issue some few weeks ago.

You've tried sebamed soap, two rounds of antibiotics, hygiene is top notch and you use a disinfectant - yet the boils keeps reoccurring.

I think the culprit is shea butter. It's either the shea butter is adulterated (trust me, there are too many adulterated versions in the market) or his skin is reacting to it.

Stop using shea butter and go for another body lotion. You can try original coconut oil (cold pressed), original olive oil (not Goya oil and the likes) or good ol' Vaseline (blue seal).

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 10:34am On Jan 10, 2017
Hotmomma.
I will send you a PM. wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2017
Alright helovesme, I am expecting ur pm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bussy2rhymes(f): 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2017
[quote author=helovesme
Thanks. Will get blue seal Vaseline I'm grateful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2017
Florena:
mamas how much do I need to cover my baby, he will be 2months next week. my Mil will not allow us to open window or on fan, she said his body still as "holes" (I am not understanding) and this boy is all sweaty especially at midnight. your input is needed pls.

also he didn't take the rota vaccine at 6weeks, can he take it at 10 weeks?
zaynie
Alphahandmaiden
soonest
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
@florena base on what have heard and seen some people say heat is better for a baby than cold I.e wrapping of baby expecially new born which to me 2 month is still new born and babies are different what work for baby a might not work for baby b.. if your mil says baby have hole please listen to her I don't know what d hole she says mean but a friend lost her baby last year due to hole in heart and she didn't take precautions sooner she will say baby is feeling heat... try to ask mil what she meant by *baby body has hole* ... heat no dey kill pikin ooooo if baby have rashes use powder n still cover baby till baby is very strong because there body is delicate..
Florena:
mamas how much do I need to cover my baby, he will be 2months next week. my Mil will not allow us to open window or on fan, she said his body still as "holes" (I am not understanding) and this boy is all sweaty especially at midnight. your input is needed pls.

also he didn't take the rota vaccine at 6weeks, can he take it at 10 weeks? and does anyone know any hospital close to ketu or ikorodu where it can be administered.

cc iomoge2
zaynie
Alphahandmaiden
soonest

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2017
Florena:

also he didn't take the rota vaccine at 6weeks, can he take it at 10 weeks? and does anyone know any hospital close to ketu or ikorodu where it can be administered.

cc iomoge2
zaynie
Alphahandmaiden
soonest
Heat is better than cold.
Heat rash Will clear but wat cold will do ehn....God 4bid

However u can open window if its not too windy.

My baby will scream n cry 4 Africa if she is hot.
Ac alwayss and she wont stay covered or allow cap on her head.
So i wear 2 or3 cloths then on ac. But no fan cos of cattarh.
N make it not too cold.

But open body or not rashes will always show
If he is not crying wen hot. Pls continue covering him.
With time he will push away the cloths used in covering him

This weather sha... too hot o.
God help little children that cant complain in clear terms. Lol

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2017
Haven't been here for a pretty long while only to return and read Onegai won't be readily available for us here that often cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
I will miss you .....Yes God knows I will. You have been more than selfless here. God bless you real good and top of your endeavours!
Stop in here once in a while when you can.
Ekene sends his greetings. ...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ajuwarhodes(f): 8:25pm On Jan 10, 2017
But why do we want to start all this in this new year na?
Mama's pls I take blessed Mary, mother of Jesus,take beg una,abeg make we no start.too early in the year o

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 9:14pm On Jan 10, 2017
I thought this thread was created base on love and ideas reading some post backward is giving me second thought about joining this thread some people needs to be evicted with their childish and insane comments...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 9:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
envynot:

Tatac.herie, Why won't she leave ?

She was called a mad woman for no reason. You can see people like omoge grinning in support and calling her names. This is someone that has kept this thread very alive. Useful tips, fun ideas , prayer sessions and so on. Not one person stood up to defend her against the abuse she received or the followup sarcasm that was thrown at her.
Alohahandmaiden has also stepped away. Who knows? It might be her turn next to face the firing line.

Too many bitter and jealous people on this thread.

I didn't know that the time or age one has a child is a citeria for commenting on this thread. Why would cold feet make such statements? So just because she had her first child outside wedlock at 16 or is it 14 means she should pass the hate on to onegai?

Why are you doing this? Matter that went with 2016. The people that insulted her are they the majority here?
Even you, you are suspect. You use your alternate moniker only when there's an issue cos I have never seen your advice, question or gist here. Fear God o! Pls let bygones be bygones. Peace

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omoyeni3601: 9:26pm On Jan 10, 2017
envynot:

Tatacherie, Why won't she leave ?

She was called a mad woman for no reason. You can see people like omoge grinning in support and calling her names. This is someone that has kept this thread very alive. Useful tips, fun ideas , prayer sessions and so on. Not one person stood up to defend her against the abuse she received or the followup sarcasm that was thrown at her.
Alohahandmaiden has also stepped away. Who knows? It might be her turn next to face the firing line.

I didn't know that the time or age one has a child is a citeria for commenting on this thread. Why would cold feet make such statements? So just because she had her first child outside wedlock at 16 or is it 14 means she should pass the hate on to onegai?

Ahn ahn , this is not an issue abegi ,
let it go now ,why your own envy not ,
no dey like to make peace for something ,
but to scatter am ,
Its enough e joor.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 10:25pm On Jan 10, 2017
maamee01:

It's normal as long as the poop is not watery or running.
tanx MA

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
envynot:

Tatacherie, Why won't she leave ?

please ma that's enough we've moved on from that since last year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.