Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (791) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4411044 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 11:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
I cover this thread with the blood of Jesus...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cnonyechi(f): 11:25pm On Jan 10, 2017
Tojued:

Ideally you shouldn't give regular cow milk e.g. cowbell before the child is 12 months. They may not be able to digest it and nutrients are not adequately suited. Cowbell has a formula called Tina, why not try that instead? I think it costs 1,300.

You can also try fortifying the pap, do your research and mix the pap with groundnut, crayfish, etc. I think they call it Tombrown or so.

Then give baby alternative sources of protein like beans and fish instead of only pap. Someone shared a recipe recently, wash skin away from beans (as if you're making moimoi) and cook with little oil, crayfish and ice fish (remove the bone) till its very soft, then blend or mash.

And continue breastfeeding as much as possible, breast milk is FREE.
Tnks a lot for the good advice. actually i just felt it would be easier for me to give her cowbell which is what everyone in the house takes. will actually go back to her formula and i will also try fortifying her pap, as adviced.tnks a lot
Besides I don't know of how it is where you are, but i walked into a supermarket on Saturday and both Cowbell and Peak were N800. Loya was 900 abi 1,000 self. Cowbell Tina is 1,300 and Peak 0-12 is 1,400.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 11:29pm On Jan 10, 2017
envynot:

Shut up you hypocrite.

You were one of those that posted very sarcastic comment at onegai and cheering on those that attacked her. Now that she has left the thread , we hope you are happy.
Why don't you post with your regular moniker instead of hiding behind an alt account? It reeks of cowardice and fear. Post with your regular moniker or forever shut the hell up and stop stirring trouble where there is none, coward!!

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cnonyechi(f): 11:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
helovesme:

I remember you raised this issue some few weeks ago.

You've tried sebamed soap, two rounds of antibiotics, hygiene is top notch and you use a disinfectant - yet the boils keeps reoccurring.

I think the culprit is shea butter. It's either the shea butter is adulterated (trust me, there are too many adulterated versions in the market) or his skin is reacting to it.

Stop using shea butter and go for another body lotion. You can try original coconut oil (cold pressed), original olive oil (not Goya oil and the likes) or good ol' Vaseline (blue seal).

yes i also noticed that most of the shea butter being sold now is adultrated. pls just use vaseline blue seal. and watch ur hygiene

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 11:31pm On Jan 10, 2017
Nobody chased Onegai and nobody attacked her. She has better things to concentrate on this year, because Hello!!! This thread is not paying her bills or putting food on her table. She has the right to do whatever pleases her.

Onegai, Happy New Year Hun, I hope this year favors you and your loved ones. Drop by from time to time, ya hear kiss

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rossy99(f): 12:21am On Jan 11, 2017
My baby had ds cough dt only com up at 9t,he wud cough non stop like 3min at a stretch.seems d medication am given is not working,she nw cough in daytime nw bt mostly wen sleeping which hinders her sleep coupled with block nose.mamas is thr any home remedy i can use,
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 12:32am On Jan 11, 2017
envynot:

Tatacherie, Why won't she leave ?

She was called a mad woman for no reason. You can see people like omoge grinning in support and calling her names. This is someone that has kept this thread very alive. Useful tips, fun ideas , prayer sessions and so on. Not one person stood up to defend her against the abuse she received or the followup sarcasm that was thrown at her.
Alohahandmaiden has also stepped away. Who knows? It might be her turn next to face the firing line.

Too many bitter and jealous people on this thread.

I didn't know that the time or age one has a child is a citeria for commenting on this thread. Why would cold feet make such statements? So just because she had her first child outside wedlock at 16 or is it 14 means she should pass the hate on to onegai?
O I see! Haven't been so active lately,wasn't aware
Its well.let all put in d past n move on to greater tins this new year
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Florena(f): 2:45am On Jan 11, 2017
iomoge2, soonest, obitobe, quin9, queensnow, thanks for the response.

what I do now is to open the window, wear him sleepsuit and cover with a light cotton.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by VEE992(f): 4:06am On Jan 11, 2017
Hello mamas, happy new year....how are our LOs? Hope they are fine..please mamas how do i care for my 3 months old sons dreadlocks?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 7:30am On Jan 11, 2017
envynot:

Tatacherie, Why won't she leave ?

She was called a mad woman for no reason. You can see people like omoge grinning in support and calling her names. This is someone that has kept this thread very alive. Useful tips, fun ideas , prayer sessions and so on. Not one person stood up to defend her against the abuse she received or the followup sarcasm that was thrown at her.
Alohahandmaiden has also stepped away. Who knows? It might be her turn next to face the firing line.

Too many bitter and jealous people on this thread.

I didn't know that the time or age one has a child is a citeria for commenting on this thread. Why would cold feet make such statements? So just because she had her first child outside wedlock at 16 or is it 14 means she should pass the hate on to onegai?
Are you serious there was such an e-fight here I can't believe my eyes.....
Well then, I prefer to let sleeping dogs lie....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Truckpusher(m): 7:44am On Jan 11, 2017
My name is Ijeoma ,I'm a new Mom and my baby can suck booby for Africa - In fact my husband is about to sue for rights infringements and abuse of natural privileged rights .Please, MyzMyColi and co help me out because in all this battle it is my booby that is getting the greatest heat. sad

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ambient: 8:49am On Jan 11, 2017
envynot:

Shut up you hypocrite.

You were one of those that posted very sarcastic comment at onegai and cheering on those that attacked her. Now that she has left the thread , we hope you are happy.

Mods pls ban this cray cray coward a beg. Too early in the year for this.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kandywandy23: 8:56am On Jan 11, 2017
Congratulation on being a new mum. But it doesn't end there because you need to know the kind of food to eat to give your baby nourishment. See the foods here http://www.kandywandy.com/2016/07/10-essential-healthy-food-for-breast.html

http://www.kandywandy.com
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 8:57am On Jan 11, 2017
MizMyColi:

No, now you shut the f**ck up, you hideous rabble rouser.

You come out from whatever shiit hole you exist to dig up memories that everyone's trying to move on from.

The way you carry this matter for head like someone who is hawking gala at Oshodi bus stop is somewhat baffling. Is Onegai your god? btw, why do you sound so much like her?

Madamé, that is so not right...u have practically accused Onegai, of being envynot...do not throw accusations you can't back up...I am not a defender of anyone but we should all learn to appreciate one another...we all have one thing or the other to contribute. Onegai, did well for this forum and no one can take that away...not said a word since this brouhaha, cos honestly, we are all adults - mothers at that- and should know better. Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 9:09am On Jan 11, 2017
Doubledouble:

Madamé, that is so not right...u have practically accused Onegai, of being envynot...do not throw accusations you can't back up...I am not a defender of anyone but we should all learn to appreciate one another...we all have one thing or the other to contribute. Onegai, did well for this forum and no one can take that away...not said a word since this brouhaha, cos honestly, we are all adults - mothers at that- and should know better. Cheers!

I had decided not to comment on this ish anymore. But I like that you sounded curt.

First off, when I made the first comment, I was trolling. But the envynot character (whoever you are) decided to bring its negative energy into my mentions.
I do not take lightly to bullies. It's either I keep you quiet to the extent you doubt your own existence or I return your fire with bigger fire.

Now you are the one who is insinuating that I am saying Onegai is envynot.

I asked envynot a question based on my perception....."why do you sound so much like Onegai"?

There is a particular Nairalander who sounds like me a lot on this forum.
Two things, no three, are involved....
It is either I am the one operating the account either personally or by proxy.
Or
The Nairalander I'm talking about follows my posts and actually admires my manner of posting and as such, subconsciously adopts my writing style.
Or
It is just mere coincidence.

So Envynot, which is it?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:11am On Jan 11, 2017
Doubledouble:

Darling, you must learn how to hush, wait and let things play out. smiley

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:23am On Jan 11, 2017
Phone double posting
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:23am On Jan 11, 2017
Same ss bove
Same
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jamjam5000(f): 9:28am On Jan 11, 2017
Onegai:

Darling, you must learn how to hush, wait and let things play out. smiley

Thank you Onegai for your labour of love especially on this thread.
God bless you richly

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fabmummy: 9:59am On Jan 11, 2017
Happy new year all
Please can I give my 9 months old baby milo and her milk?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mynd44: 10:05am On Jan 11, 2017
Ladies, please be nice.

No fighting.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 10:58am On Jan 11, 2017
MizMyColi:

I had decided not to comment on this ish anymore. But I like that you sounded curt.

First off, when I made the first comment, I was trolling. But the envynot character (whoever you are) decided to bring its negative energy into my mentions.
I do not take lightly to bullies. It's either I keep you quiet to the extent you doubt your own existence or I return your fire with bigger fire.

Now you are the one who is insinuating that I am saying Onegai is envynot.

I asked envynot a question based on my perception....."why do you sound so much like Onegai"?

There is a particular Nairalander who sounds like me a lot on this forum.
Two things, no three, are involved....
It is either I am the one operating the account either personally or by proxy.
Or
The Nairalander I'm talking about follows my posts and actually admires my manner of posting and as such, subconsciously adopts my writing style.
Or
It is just mere coincidence.

So Envynot, which is it?

Point understood and taken...but pls be careful of ambiguous statement...Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Godmother(f): 11:02am On Jan 11, 2017
Mamas happy new year. My dd of 11 weeks has this build-up of goo in her eyes. Sometimes it becomes crusty and seals the eyes. She also has a slight tempeture. She's playing but a little uncomfortable. Google says its a viral infection similar to apolo and I should use breastmilk and/or regular eye massage. Someone close to me says its worm and I should buy worm drops. I have been putting breastmilk.

My questions are:

1. Should I talk her to the hospital? My mom also said I should put breastmilk and its nothing to worry about.

2. She's due for her Penta vaccine tomorrow. The first one knocked her out so badly so I'm thinking of postponing since she's already not so fine. Should I still go ahead with the vaccination? Has any mother experienced anything similar?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 11:16am On Jan 11, 2017
Doubledouble:

Point understood and taken...but pls be careful of ambiguous statement...Cheers!
Lol

Okay!

cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 2:03pm On Jan 11, 2017
Rossy99:
My baby had ds cough dt only com up at 9t,he wud cough non stop like 3min at a stretch.seems d medication am given is not working,she nw cough in daytime nw bt mostly wen sleeping which hinders her sleep coupled with block nose.mamas is thr any home remedy i can use,
Your baby's age would have helped ,never the less Instead of cough syrup I prefer the oil and sugar therapy,tested and trusted.and make sure you don't expose her to cold.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 2:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
Truckpusher:
My name is Ijeoma ,I'm a new Mom and my baby can suck booby for Africa - In fact my husband is about to sue for rights infringements and abuse of natural privileged rights .Please, MyzMyColi and co help me out because in all this battle it is my booby that is getting the greatest heat. sad
Ije buns grin,if you can't take the heat leave the kitchen. If baby's demand is too much on you,he might not even be getting enuf self,biko introduce formula,or express the milk to be sure of wat your baby is getting before accusing the baby of sucking too much tongue

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 2:14pm On Jan 11, 2017
Fabmummy:
Happy new year all
Please can I give my 9 months old baby milo and her milk?
I think you should hold on a bit,like 11 month- 1 yr

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 2:19pm On Jan 11, 2017
Godmother:
Mamas happy new year. My dd of 11 weeks has this build-up of goo in her eyes. Sometimes it becomes crusty and seals the eyes. She also has a slight tempeture. She's playing but a little uncomfortable. Google says its a viral infection similar to apolo and I should use breastmilk and/or regular eye massage. Someone close to me says its worm and I should buy worm drops. I have been putting breastmilk.

My questions are:

1. Should I talk her to the hospital? My mom also said I should put breastmilk and its nothing to worry about.

2. She's due for her Penta vaccine tomorrow. The first one knocked her out so badly so I'm thinking of postponing since she's already not so fine. Should I still go ahead with the vaccination? Has any mother experienced anything similar?
If the eye is bothering you so much pls take her to the hospital,breast milk is for the tummy not eye.
You can just wipe clean warm water and cotton wool occasionally, with time it will clear.

For the vaccine pls don't joke with it,administer pcm before going and like 5 min after the vaccine,your lo will be fine

(1) (2) (3) ... (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.