Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,788 members, 7,841,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (845) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4437142 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 30, 2017
rollyare:

I actually use buttpaste before wearing diaper but sometimes use wipes when he poos. I would revert to washing him only and hope it helps.

Thank you Ma

I want to say it's caused by the wipes. My kids reacted to using wipes after poo, I stop it and the rash left them immediately.

I don pack the wipe for one side.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:46am On Mar 30, 2017
faithisallihave:
AlphaHandMaiden, thanks for your contribution.

I actually suggested opening a joint account to him for monthly savings. That was over a year ago.
He wasn't forthcoming so, I opened one and save 50k monthly.

I also suggested opening a kiddies acc for the baby. He told me outrightly he wasn't interested. I wasn't even asking him to contribute. undecided

Honestly, I just feel tired and defeated.

HiAll, Oya come and read Novel. grin

Pele dear, it can be really frsutrating.
Well in that case do your own private savings. And open a kids account for small savings. Keep praying for him.

But for the childcare..... he has to contribute oh or you will wake up one morning and then realise na you dey do all the non- financial wahala and then na you they pay all the school fees.....

if na sperm donor person be no need to marry then and you know all the work is yours to do from scratch.

As Akorkor has mentioned school fees is not a joking marra these days. The money some schools are calling these days .... i dont think i have enough kidneys to sell even if i borrow all my brothers and sister's own.

Since you contribute to the rent, what else around the house do you contribute to or does the cater for all the other bills. If not and If he doesnt know where his money is going, biko help him re direct his money!

At the begining of each month.... infact just before payday... lovinglygive him a list of things that are needed for the house with the costs associated with it.

1. Nursery/ daycare./nanny costs
2. Grocery/ toiletries
3. Childs expenses food clothing,
4. PCHN
5. Gas for cooking
6. Water billl.
7. Driver if you have one.

That way you will gradually start broaching the topic of house finances and hopefully he starts giving you thr money monthly as he gets paid and it would become a norm, its not a joint account but money is money.

If you are making any choices for nanny, creche school etc... drag him along. If he says its a woman's job.... tell him its a household decision as im money join the matta. When then child starts speaking big big english and impressing....na im gon dey shout "thats may boy!" "Thats my girl!" ... Epic thunder fire the mouth that brags when their support no join!

Me i believe to get men involved by fire by force! Both money, physically and emotionally in the life of the kids. Start early as soon as you get pregnant sef! Let hem follow you for at least the one scan. Let them follow you for antenatal at least the one where they explain labour, birth and how to care for a new born... they will not catch fire. My own line na two heads are better one dear.... by the time labour starts i may not be thinking straight so i need another brain... let them drive you to doctors appointment and see that you have to wait 3 hours seating on a hard bench in a stuffy room to see a doc....
Let our men attend PTA meetings, every once in a while let them do the school or nursery run! Infact go commando and leave him with the kids for a weekend. They will survive.... the house will not burn down. Thing like that help to sensitize men. So the day you say baby "i am tired... we are having bread for dinner"... he will understand

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:48am On Mar 30, 2017
Sorry double post
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 30, 2017
faithisallihave:
AlphaHandMaiden, thanks for your contribution.

I actually suggested opening a joint account to him for monthly savings. That was over a year ago.
He wasn't forthcoming so, I opened one and save 50k monthly.

I also suggested opening a kiddies acc for the baby. He told me outrightly he wasn't interested. I wasn't even asking him to contribute. undecided

Honestly, I just feel tired and defeated.

Continue saving, pls do not finish your own money in a month. Don't be tired or feel defeated. The little you can afford to give away keep at home but what you can't should be in your bank.

Pray and hope. God bless.

Alphahandmaiden, nice post.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2017
FaithisallIhave, a lot of women were one way or the other in this your situation until various ways were sought out to escape the burden, yeah its a burden to put down cash and the other finds way of not putting in his own contribution.
You are a good wife to even offer to partpay d rent cos e no easy.

Sis, youve got to stop acting independent else you would get worn out and get old. Express it to him that you are not finding it funny to d extent you can't buy basic stuff for yourself like wearing same shoes, same hairstyle(while you made crochet braids that normally should stay long on your hair or braid wigs, do you catch my drift?)

Layout your monthly household expenses, inclusing baby diapies, wipes and clothes,monetize it, (pls I don't believe in equality sharing of financial responsibility cos am an oriaku grin but hey we are different), then as soon as his alert drops let him send it to your Acc asap cos if the money reach next day for that Acc, story fit enter am.

Get an ajo in your office and save like tomorrow no dey.
And pls if he doesn't appreciate you, abeg appreciate yourself, lol, at times if I need appreciation or admiration and I don't get, I tell him to his face "baby, you are lucky oh that you have a wife like me grin if you like no tell me I no say I be hotmomma lol" and the fun and appreciation flows in. My dear dont sweat it joo. We women are stronger than we can imagine.

Also do something small with your money, some times this can calm your nerves, like get a new short certificate course if you are a bookie, buy a new phone, make that hairstyle you've always wanted, some thing not to expensive but rewarding to you that you have your own money.
Kai I don type too much.

And last but most importantly, YOU ARE A GOOD WIFE smiley

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:28pm On Mar 30, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Mamas abeg my son is taking his 6 week shots this weekend. What can I do to prep him? Do I need to give him pcm before? How can I manage him after the immunization. Thanks

Hmmmm prepare to cuddle him all day o. That 6 week immunization de pain.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2017
I beg I get testimony.

My daughter was always bringing out pulse (spellign)like rash in her legs, back, infact it became worst last week and start to come out of her face. I started crying last week, I wanted to post it here but my phone coudnt grab a good pics of it well so I just overlooked.

This thing is over months now, we went to the clinic, changed cream n soap and all of it nothing worked. So I was in tears last week and pondering what am doing wrong or what she is reacting to. The boy body fresh like kilode.

In the midst of tears last week I prayed to God and ask for solution and also to know what she is reacting to, I told God He is the greatest Physician.

The following day I prayed again asking God to please speak to me and He spoke, 'stop backing her'. What!, really the girl doesn't sleep until she is tied to the back so most times she is in the back, I immediately told God pls let her be sleeping without being tied to the back. When God told me to stop it, I called my house help to stop back her no matter what.

To the glory of God, all the pulses are gone without applying anything, we also cancelled the clinic appointment, and she sleeps like four hours on her bed without being strapped to the back.

I bless God for He answer us and clears any doubt, I pray God helps us take care them.

Sorry for my long post. I just share this to tell someone that, whatever the case, take it to God in prayers, He cares soooooo much about us and our family.

Peace.

32 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

When then child starts speaking big big english and impressing....na im gon dey shout "thats may boy!" "Thats my girl!" ... Epic thunder fire the mouth that brags when their support no join!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
This was just too funny

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2017
Alphahandmaiden speak pidgin.this mata serious gaan.

Olubankemi teamie me ayam praying too seriously.i jus tire for malaria .she will jus be trowing up her drugs.see me see cry.my baby was jus staring at me like 'me n u who dey sick?

It is well o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 2:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
rofemiguwa:

Olubankemi teamie me ayam praying too seriously.i jus tire for malaria .she will jus be trowing up her drugs.see me see cry.my baby was jus staring at me like 'me n u who dey sick?

It is well o

You're just the fakest person ever! Rectal suppositories! Has Pristine's blood work come out, is it positive for malaria parasite? What's her temp, highest? It's weird that GPs here don't give a proper breakdown of fever management.

(I kind of don't like this Naija style of being stuck with GP or first year Resident and they never want to transfer you to their seniors. Sometimes they make mistakes based on that and won't want to admit it).

As for paediatrician, LUTH is closest to you. All my people are not close to you unless I ask them to recommend in your area (which I'm only guessing using office address).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2017
enque:

Ewooo!
Chimoo shocked shocked

God dey o!

Heard I have to wait till my next period..is it true?

I did mine 6weeks post partum
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
rofemiguwa:

It is well o

Ohh, your baby is healed in Jesus name. If she takes solid you may rap the drug in it and roll it in the soup for her to take. Ensure you take her to see her doctor.

The Greatest Physician is with her. Amen.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadyTomi: 6:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
Experience mother's pls advise needed. my 4 month old baby has stuffy nose, I noticed it on Friday. I guess water entered her nose while I was bathing her at night and she started coughing yesterday, little coughs not so serious sha. I used silver bird mixed with her oil on her head and in her bath water as well with shea butter on her nose but no improvement still the same. Pls can I apply mentholata(i guess it's mentholato, that's the name of the product I got it when I went maternity shopping, never used it before) Please can I apply it on her chest this night after I clean her up
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Onegai:

You're just the fakest person ever! Rectal suppositories! Has Pristine's blood work come out, is it positive for malaria parasite? What's her temp, highest? It's weird that GPs here don't give a proper breakdown of fever management.

(I kind of don't like this Naija style of being stuck with GP or first year Resident and they never want to transfer you to their seniors. Sometimes they make mistakes based on that and won't want to admit it).

As for paediatrician, LUTH is closest to you. All my people are not close to you unless I ask them to recommend in your area (which I'm only guessing using office address).

Erhmmmm is d rectal kini for me undecided lipsrsealed grin
Ya according to dem mp +1 no infection
Last month same result
Dy jus give me malaria drugs ,antibiotics.
I really need a higher opinion.
And the GP never accepts they cant handle it.
Do u know or can u recommend any in LASUTH.
Dont mind private consultation
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:52pm On Mar 30, 2017
Chei. I don enter now. Apart from giving pcm what else do I note

jazzyjazz:

Hmmmm prepare to cuddle him all day o. That 6 week immunization de pain.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 7:13pm On Mar 30, 2017
You don port? grin

Giddyperson:

Hehe Fyngal1, when did you marry and even born on top grin Your moniker just made me remember the good old days, oya come back and be updating your diary. This is Bright btw.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:17pm On Mar 30, 2017
hunniesuzie:
You don port? grin

Nah tongue I'm just warming up
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:23pm On Mar 30, 2017
hunniesuzie:

Don't massage the injection site
Cuddle him well when he's crying.
That's basically all you can do and pray he can endure the pain
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:17pm On Mar 30, 2017
rofemiguwa:

Erhmmmm is d rectal kini for me undecided lipsrsealed grin
Ya according to dem mp +1 no infection
Last month same result
Dy jus give me malaria drugs ,antibiotics.
I really need a higher opinion.
And the GP never accepts they cant handle it.
Do u know or can u recommend any in LASUTH.
Dont mind private consultation
Thanks

MP + is not too bad. But a month of antimalarial and antibiotics, hmm. I do hear, a lot, that our Dr's tend to always treat Malaria and Antibacterial because it's the most common ailments. Even though it isn't always right. By now, the malaria should have cleared. The rectal is for her. I don't know anyone in LASUTH, I can ask but it may take a while to get an answer. Hopefully by weekend.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:06pm On Mar 30, 2017
Thanks Mama. Howz Ilan?

jazzyjazz:

Don't massage the injection site
Cuddle him well when he's crying.
That's basically all you can do and pray he can endure the pain
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:07pm On Mar 30, 2017
Warm well well. Na you we dey wait

Giddyperson:

Nah tongue I'm just warming up
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:10pm On Mar 30, 2017
rollyare:

I am actually in Abuja but would try out some of the suggestions made...if you have the contact for a Pead in Abuja, it would be appreciated...

Still thinking about the cloth diaper thing oh...Am not so sure i have the mind for it...thank you so much

Nothing in Abuja off the top of my head. Cloth diapers are truly not that hard, they're new to learn, but not hard. I'm not someone who likes complicated but I have done it now for almost 2 years and will continue. Try reading this:

www.mameandboo..com

There is enough info on cloth wipes and cloth diapers there. Or read an independent blog, lots exist on the web for UK and US. smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2017
hunniesuzie:

Damp a towel in an ordinary water and place on d injected site NO ROBBING NOR MASSAGING give pcm wen u discover increase in temp

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 9:53pm On Mar 30, 2017
LadyTomi:
Experience mother's pls advise needed. my 4 month old baby has stuffy nose, I noticed it on Friday. I guess water entered her nose while I was bathing her at night and she started coughing yesterday, little coughs not so serious sha. I used silver bird mixed with her oil on her head and in her bath water as well with shea butter on her nose but no improvement still the same. Pls can I apply mentholata(i guess it's mentholato, that's the name of the product I got it when I went maternity shopping, never used it before) Please can I apply it on her chest this night after I clean her up

Yes. U can apply it on her back, chest and under her feet. Bt not directly to nose. Continue wit d shea butter and u can also giv her vit. c

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chrisdada16(f): 10:19pm On Mar 30, 2017
[quote author=stephmiracle post=55077370][/quote]
tank u MA God bless I hope I will get a way out by next week hopefully at least my baby would b a month old by then.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:31pm On Mar 30, 2017
LadyTomi:

In addition to jennykoko3009's response.
Test the mentholatum on yourself to check the strenght. Sometimes they are a bit strong unless specifically designed for babies. If you are unsure of the strenght, you can mix it with some vaseline, coconut oil or sheabutter to dilute a bit.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ritawine2: 10:42pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hello mothers in house for 2 weeks now my baby's poo is greenish in colour and mucus in it,whats d solution and?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Thanks Mama. Howz Ilan?

He's fine. His 10th week immunization is tomorrow and I'm already feeling bad for him

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
ritawine2:
Hello mothers in house for 2 weeks now my baby's poo is greenish in colour and mucus in it,whats d solution and?

Take your baby to the hospital. Could be an infection.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olamitie: 11:56pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ddnt know Agnesia powder works this fast, just two days and the rashes has cleared, what a sweet relief cool

Still waiting for the pix of the sebamad lotion
cc blank
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:21am On Mar 31, 2017
Thank you Ma

Jennykoko3009:

Damp a towel in an ordinary water and place on d injected site NO ROBBING NOR MASSAGING give pcm wen u discover increase in temp
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 12:16pm On Mar 31, 2017
Onegai:

MP + is not too bad. But a month of antimalarial and antibiotics, hmm. I do hear, a lot, that our Dr's tend to always treat Malaria and Antibacterial because it's the most common ailments. Even though it isn't always right. By now, the malaria should have cleared. The rectal is for her. I don't know anyone in LASUTH, I can ask but it may take a while to get an answer. Hopefully by weekend.

There are no rectal suppositories.i never made mention of that.
Whats making me the fakest person ever angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.