Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (848) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4413611 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) (851) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dtush(f): 1:17pm On Apr 03, 2017
zaynie:

No pictures here.....

Hi, i deleted the pictures i attached previously cos they were of someone's child playing with the toys. but one of the mamas on the thread has directed to a store in VI, where i can get it. will just av to find time to go or wait for the easter break, as my madam no dey gree give permission for one to leave the office to run personal errands. if you say you are going to the bank sef, she go time you, dats y i wanted a place dat makes deliveries
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 1:42pm On Apr 03, 2017
sugah:
Akorkor it's baby ezcema. Get any range of baby products designed to treat baby ezcema and she would be fine. Coconut oil might not be sufficient to treat it.
Aveeno or Shea moisture have some good products.
We use E45.
Is it a continuous use tin.or for treatment.

I use sheabutter,coconut oil n and zinc cream.but after sometime when i stop. It reappears again.am worried of the effect of continous zinc cream.

Thats why am looking for a one stop cream.
She sweats alot n sleeping on her back doesnt help matters
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 2:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
zaynie:

Get a lip balm for babies. Or use Shea butter. Make sure you apply it often. Keep her hydrated too.
For her rash, do you cover her up all day? Is there cross ventilation in your sleeping area? It seems she has a really dry skin.... Abi Na my eyes?

Our environment is always cold. I make sure I switch in AC or fan 24/7. But she sleeps on her back so she sweat a lot.
I don't cover her up at all.... she doesn't like heat rara.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 2:52pm On Apr 03, 2017
Akorkor:

Our environment is always cold. I make sure I switch in AC or fan 24/7. But she sleeps on her back so she sweat a lot.
I don't cover her up at all.... she doesn't like heat rara.

Me too na wah o.my baby will be sweating like dis eh.u too go fear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by womanofsteel: 2:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
Try and change your source of water supply incase you're using well water
Akorkor:
Dear mama in the house, please I need advise from experienced mom oh. My daughter is having peeling lips and I took her to the doctor and the doctor said I should be given her water which I did but this morning I saw that the upper lip has a stain of blood. Immediately I let her suck and it left there but am worried.
Also, at her back she's having some rashes for a long time which I have used all I know but the thing is still there.
I will attach some picture to have idea of what am talking about. Make Uba touch light my matter oh

Cc: Zaynie, Feddy27, enque, AlphaHandMaiden and every other sabi mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 3:06pm On Apr 03, 2017
iomoge2:

Ground brown rice
Soypap -fruity
Pap -corn
Pap - guinea corn
Pap millet
Dryfish
Crayfish

All 6500.
I didnt buy beans cos we r too young to eat beans.

My girl didnt like d fruity soypap too.
Even me sef didnt like it.
We havent touched our rice.....
But all others r fine.

Thanks I appreciate the info!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 3:15pm On Apr 03, 2017
rofemiguwa:

Is it a continuous use tin.or for treatment.

I use sheabutter,coconut oil n and zinc cream.but after sometime when i stop. It reappears again.am worried of the effect of continous zinc cream.

Thats why am looking for a one stop cream.
She sweats alot n sleeping on her back doesnt help matters
The irony eh? Dry skin but they sweat a lot.
I don't cover my LO directly even with the AC on, I just use the blanket to cover his cot else he would not sleep yet he has dry skin.
Maybe you should switch to a moisturizing lotion instead of the zinc? Cos it might take a while for the skin type to​ change, that is if it ever changes embarassed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 3:30pm On Apr 03, 2017
sugah:

I don't cover my LO directly even with the AC on, I just use the blanket to cover his cot else he would not sleep yet he has dry skin.
Maybe you should switch to a moisturizing lotion instead of the zinc? Cos it might take a while for the skin type to​ change, that is if it ever changes embarassed

hello ma,how is ur lo??
my son's dry skin has cleared for now.
i said before that doctor asked me to use original Vaseline blue seal for him,that is what i have been using since that made me to hold on those ones you and other mamas suggested..

but,i noticed that whenever he has high fever,dry skin will surface.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 3:41pm On Apr 03, 2017
womanofsteel:
Try and change your source of water supply incase you're using well water
Thank you mama... I dont use well water.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 3:41pm On Apr 03, 2017
Akorkor:
Dear mama in the house, please I need advise from experienced mom oh. My daughter is having peeling lips and I took her to the doctor and the doctor said I should be given her water which I did but this morning I saw that the upper lip has a stain of blood. Immediately I let her suck and it left there but am worried.
Also, at her back she's having some rashes for a long time which I have used all I know but the thing is still there.
I will attach some picture to have idea of what am talking about. Make Uba touch light my matter oh

You need to get a moisturizing cream ; Eucerin, E45, Aveeno

Also make sure she's always hydrated to prevent the dry lips
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 3:43pm On Apr 03, 2017
feddy27:

You need to get a moisturizing cream ; Eucerin, E45, Aveeno

Also make sure she's always hydrated to prevent the dry lips

Okay, I will do just that.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
dtush:
Hello house. Please i will like to get montessori toys/materials for kids. I have checked Konga, jumia and the rest. Please kindly direct me to where i can source those materials preferably store that makes deliveries. Attached are some pictures but my needs are not limited to the ones in the pictures. I live in Lagos n work on the island. I am especially interested in those shapes n colours identification type

Where on the Island do you work? Lekki or VI?
Which axis do you stay or ply?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:57pm On Apr 03, 2017
What if you guys put the babies on their sides and wedge with a pillow. Not when they're trying to fall asleep but after they must have snoozed off.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dtush(f): 5:08pm On Apr 03, 2017
zaynie:

Where on the Island do you work? Lekki or VI?
Which axis do you stay or ply?

i work in Ikoyi and stay at gbagada.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 5:11pm On Apr 03, 2017
dtush:

i work in Ikoyi and stay at gbagada.

I'll send you a pm.
We'll see how we can work it out.
I drive through Cameron, Osbourne and use the link bridge. You can choose where we meet.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
sugah:

Air conditioning is actually very drying for skin and hair. any air conditioner has a de-humidifying function i.e it removes water from the atmospher (that is why it drips /drains on the outside.) as very humid air is very difficult to cool.

don't confuse cooling with moisturising.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:07pm On Apr 03, 2017
dtush:
Hello house. Please i will like to get montessori toys/materials for kids. I have checked Konga, jumia and the rest. Please kindly direct me to where i can source those materials preferably store that makes deliveries. Attached are some pictures but my needs are not limited to the ones in the pictures. I live in Lagos n work on the island. I am especially interested in those shapes n colours identification type

Dtush, may I suggest not splurging too much on the toys? Just a few may do. We have 2 Montessori toys (colour stacking cups and shapes) and to be honest, I'm not sure they helped much. I developed a sort of program and sit her on a stool (though I'm lazy about it) and Daddy helped and so far, she knows her colours, shapes ("Rectangle" is hard for her to pronounce sha), Numbers and only "A, B, C" then skips to "G, H" and other letters. She knows animals and their sounds. And we have started writing (her grip is good, so we are focusing on making the right marks). I think it was more spending time going over with her. And turning as much as possible into a learning experience (she went somewhere and accurately identified a relative's phone as "Pink" and they were treating it like she passed GCE cheesy). We have not started any sort of school o. I'm planning her Music Education next, then we really push Science and Math and Reading.

I think you have to spend some time with your LO to make an impact. I did talk to some teachers and I can send Baby E to a Montessori but she's coming home to be tutored by me. I always had that plan since the age of 20.

Besides my nephews went to posh Montessori-based school (a lot of people don't get Montessori right) and struggled afterwards (very little homework monitoring) and at the end of the day, the best graduating student in their Primary school was a little girl who didn't do never had a lesson teacher but had an awesome Grandmother. And that Grandmother taught me, my siblings, my friends, quite a number of parents in that hall, so no-one was surprised she got Firsts in almost every subject.

(seriously, every father of a hopeful son went to congratulate the parents of that girl. Negotiations are already underway for her grin)

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 9:41pm On Apr 03, 2017
Hello wonderful mothers, just saw this on the internet and tot to share.

Dates Aid Delivery
A scientific experiment that took place in the Jordan university for Science and Technology has proven that taking dates one month before the delivery can ease the pain and reduce the amount and intensity of bleeding. Women who have taken dates delivered much easier compared to those who didn’t. In addition, dates can help women in the postpartum depression period and help them produce the necessary amount of milk for the baby.

https://healthandlovepage.com/12-things-that-happen-to-your-body-if-you-eat-3-dates-a-day/?c=gr&tl_inbound=1&tl_target_all=1&tl_form_type=1&tl_period_type=3&utm_medium=Watch+Out+For+These+6+Signs+of+a+Hormonal+Imbalance%21&utm_source=getresponse

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 10:12pm On Apr 03, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Air conditioning is actually very drying for skin and hair. any air conditioner has a de-humidifying function i.e it removes water from the atmospher (that is why it drips /drains on the outside.) as very humid air is very difficult to cool.

don't confuse cooling with moisturising.
I am not confused. The irony was the sweating under normal climes but having very dry skin. He sweats so much that I cannot directly place a blanket over him while he is in an airconditioned room cos he would sweat.

Do you understand now?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 10:18pm On Apr 03, 2017
zimunachimdi:

hello ma,how is ur lo??
my son's dry skin has cleared for now.
i said before that doctor asked me to use original Vaseline blue seal for him,that is what i have been using since that made me to hold on those ones you and other mamas suggested..

but,i noticed that whenever he has high fever,dry skin will surface.
We are fine dear, thanks.
Why is he having the high fever and how often? I would be more concerned about that o. You can always continue using the Vaseline
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 10:40pm On Apr 03, 2017
sugah:

We are fine dear, thanks.
Why is he having the high fever and how often? I would be more concerned about that o. You can always continue using the Vaseline

ok dear. the first fever was caused by an infection while 2nd one was he vomited and stooled still an infection though. but all treated and gone.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 12:25am On Apr 04, 2017
Pls mamas that went on missionary journey as per the other thread how did u people go about ur babies immunization. I came back as soon as my baby clock 6wks and they gave him BCG and oral vaccine he is booked for penta next week. Hope I'm in line? Pls any advice on anything else to do?

@Feddy27, @Akorkor,@firstymum
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ambient: 7:05am On Apr 04, 2017
Mama in the house help Ooo
Ever since I gave birth I have been having red itchy rashes on my hands I always try hard not to scratch it.I have use a lot of anti bacteria cream but nothing,it have even change the color of my hands.some women say its caused by baby hair that if I stop breast feeding it will go,how true is that cause am always itchy. Help

Zaynie
Alphamaiden
Sugah
Stadora
Other lovely mums
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Teegali(f): 7:29am On Apr 04, 2017
Good morning all lovely mums,its really been a while that I have been here. I have been busy in mother hood.Thanks so much to all mums too numerous to mention who have been taking their time to keep the thread alive.pls I have a question I have been worries sick, my Dad has been having greenish mucous poop for five days,we have taking to a lead,n she said its likely its an infection, she place her on antibiotics, zinc tablet n ORs,although the frequency of the poop has reduced but its still the mucous and green.some said it's norma and may be she is teething. But I m really worried, has any one experienced this and is it normal.God bless all our children.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Health16: 9:23am On Apr 04, 2017
Nice to see mums find solutions here,

Want to tell all mums in the house that you could lose weight after child birth with the winning fat buster tea

It's healthy, natural (all herbs), and makes you feel good and young again

Kindly visit >>> http://www.healinghealthteas.com/product/tea-product/ for more/place order.

Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:44am On Apr 04, 2017
yeah, i had it for a while on my left arm....but nothing i used seemed to clear it.
My mum told me not to bug my head that it would eventually go by itself (she said its the arm that baby's head rests on a lot), and it did.

ambient:
Mama in the house help Ooo
Ever since I gave birth I have been having red itchy rashes on my hands I always try hard not to scratch it.I have use a lot of anti bacteria cream but nothing,it have even change the color of my hands.some women say its caused by baby hair that if I stop breast feeding it will go,how true is that cause am always itchy. Help

Za.ynie
Alpha.maiden
Su.gah
Stado.ra
Other lovely mums
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:45am On Apr 04, 2017
cc Sugah

Chanbaby:
Pls mamas that went on missionary journey as per the other thread how did u people go about ur babies immunization. I came back as soon as my baby clock 6wks and they gave him BCG and oral vaccine he is booked for penta next week. Hope I'm in line? Pls any advice on anything else to do?

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by utaarchie: 10:20am On Apr 04, 2017
Hello! I'm new here. please can anyone help me with the recipe and preparations for Tom Brown. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dtush(f): 10:44am On Apr 04, 2017
Onegai:

Dtush, may I suggest not splurging too much on the toys? Just a few may do. We have 2 Montessori toys (colour stacking cups and shapes) and to be honest, I'm not sure they helped much. I developed a sort of program and sit her on a stool (though I'm lazy about it) and Daddy helped and so far, she knows her colours, shapes ("Rectangle" is hard for her to pronounce sha), Numbers and only "A, B, C" then skips to "G, H" and other letters. She knows animals and their sounds. And we have started writing (her grip is good, so we are focusing on making the right marks). I think it was more spending time going over with her. And turning as much as possible into a learning experience (she went somewhere and accurately identified a relative's phone as "Pink" and they were treating it like she passed GCE cheesy). We have not started any sort of school o. I'm planning her Music Education next, then we really push Science and Math and Reading.

I think you have to spend some time with your LO to make an impact. I did talk to some teachers and I can send Baby E to a Montessori but she's coming home to be tutored by me. I always had that plan since the age of 20.

Besides my nephews went to posh Montessori-based school (a lot of people don't get Montessori right) and struggled afterwards (very little homework monitoring) and at the end of the day, the best graduating student in their Primary school was a little girl who didn't do never had a lesson teacher but had an awesome Grandmother. And that Grandmother taught me, my siblings, my friends, quite a number of parents in that hall, so no-one was surprised she got Firsts in almost every subject.

(seriously, every father of a hopeful son went to congratulate the parents of that girl. Negotiations are already underway for her grin)

Thanks for the advise, we do this already, she knows her numbers to 10 and some colors, but instead of getting her normal toys, i would rather get educational ones as she has outgrown her current toys
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dtush(f): 11:13am On Apr 04, 2017
zaynie:

I'll send you a pm.
We'll see how we can work it out.
I drive through Cameron, Osbourne and use the link bridge. You can choose where we meet.

Madam, i didnt get ur pm. my office is on the way to the Link bridge.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 11:17am On Apr 04, 2017
Chanbaby:

Yes, they gave us BCG and Second Oral Vaccine because she cant take the first polio shot since its given immediately after birth. You are in line. My DD has taken 6th, 10th weeks now. We have moved again so she will continue with 14th weeks in another country. #lifeofatravelmom.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 11:29am On Apr 04, 2017
Chanbaby:
Is the oral one polio? We got in at 4 weeks and got BCG and polio vaccines. Then continued with the others at 6weeks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) (851) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.