Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:13 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (846) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4449899 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2017
rofemiguwa:

There are no rectal suppositories.i never made mention of that.
Whats making me the fakest person ever angry angry

Because you work with *cough* medical people, you suppose have strong liver to be shoving meds up there if she can't keep her meds down cheesy layman like me won't be able to do it without getting upset with Life. If her fever was spiking and she was throwing up her meds, her Dr should have done it. Rather than still leaving you to struggle with a syringe.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 1:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
Onegai:

Because you work with *cough* medical people, you suppose have strong liver to be shoving meds up there if she can't keep her meds down cheesy layman like me won't be able to do it without getting upset with Life. If her fever was spiking and she was throwing up her meds, her Dr should have done it. Rather than still leaving you to struggle with a syringe.

na condition dey make liver strong, when you have been pushed to the wall and nothing seems to work, that is when you will know how much liver you have, you will insert anything in any orifice if that is the only solution, and inject like a pro, even you will hail yourself.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

na condition dey make liver strong, when you have been pushed to the wall and nothing seems to work, that is when you will know how much liver you have, you will insert anything in any orifice if that is the only solution, and inject like a pro, even you will hail yourself.... grin grin grin

I needed moral support and hand-holding for immunizations for months. The time they did rectal, it was Daddy who stayed there. Liver get levels grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 3:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
blank:

I think it's this one in the picture. Not too sure. Once I get home, will snap a picture of the one I use and compare.

@Olamitie

It is the one.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 3:02pm On Mar 31, 2017
Onegai:

Ayam not understanding u o or is it u that is not understanding me.

I didnt say anything about a syringe.we r taking drugs at home just too of us at home.she is throwing it up am at my wits end now.i work in the hospital automatically makes me emotionless robotic meds. Shoving enabled mum.
I must be missing something or u r confusing me with someone else that talked about syringes n rectal suppositories.
Why am i explaining sef! I no get this kind time.
Have enuf on my plate to deal with biko left me alone mbok. Please!!!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 3:06pm On Mar 31, 2017
LadyTomi:
Experience mother's pls advise needed. my 4 month old baby has stuffy nose, I noticed it on Friday. I guess water entered her nose while I was bathing her at night and she started coughing yesterday, little coughs not so serious sha. I used silver bird mixed with her oil on her head and in her bath water as well with shea butter on her nose but no improvement still the same. Pls can I apply mentholata(i guess it's mentholato, that's the name of the product I got it when I went maternity shopping, never used it before) Please can I apply it on her chest this night after I clean her up

Apply a little mentholatum on the chest, do steam bath with eucalyptus oil (boil water, add few drops of the oil and cover urself and lo with towel). Sprinkle few drops of the oil also around lo's sleep area.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realdentist(f): 4:30pm On Mar 31, 2017
rchilee:

I know someone who is.
pls can I have the person's contact
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babyboom(f): 5:10pm On Mar 31, 2017
rofemiguwa:
Alphahandmaiden speak pidgin.this mata serious gaan.

Olubankemi teamie me ayam praying too seriously.i jus tire for malaria .she will jus be trowing up her drugs.see me see cry.my baby was jus staring at me like 'me n u who dey sick?

It is well o

My role model,
well done, it is well with your daughter,
i pray this phase will soon pass and u will look back and smile.
please try and mix her drugs with a little quantity of her food, then give her one spoon of each,
with that she wont even know, she is taking medicine.

cheers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eribooboo: 5:14pm On Mar 31, 2017
@iomoge2 hi, pls where In lag did u get d cantu baby products. .thnxxss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:29pm On Mar 31, 2017
rofemiguwa:

I didnt say anything about a syringe.we r taking drugs at home just too of us at home.she is throwing it up am at my wits end now.i work in the hospital automatically makes me emotionless robotic meds. Shoving enabled mum.
I must be missing something or u r confusing me with someone else that talked about syringes n rectal suppositories.

okay o, bye bye.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 5:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
Onegai:

This your explanation does not justify the "fakest person" statement you made.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 5:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
rofemiguwa:

Nne, thanks for taking it maturely. I want to believe there's a mix up somewhere or her hormones are acting up.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:56pm On Mar 31, 2017
Graciouscharis:

This your explanation does not justify the "fakest person" statement you made.

Full detailed explanation loading. Sit tight. wink

Still loading
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2017
Graciouscharis, why couldn't you just read and move on like everyone else.
Do you think you are the only one that noticed the passive aggresive post?

Why stir the hornet's nest?

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:09pm On Mar 31, 2017
rofemiguwa:

Sweetheart dont take it the wrong way.

I believe she only meant if the oral drugs are not working because your dd keeps vormitting it, you should discuss with your doctor the option of using suppositories if it the medication comes in that form.

The syringe is only a form of administering oral drug to kids like the type that comes in calpol not that you are injecting anything.

Pele i know it can be frustrating to give medication to a baby, as other mamas have suggested, if they are tablets put it in swallow.

Try and give her milk as its likely that she will keep that down,
if it is only 2 balls of swallow she takes, as long as she has taken her meds with those two. Leave her. Give her some formular to wash it down.

Pele kiss

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:18pm On Mar 31, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Sweetheart dont take it the wrong way.

I believe she only meant if the oral drugs are not working because your dd keeps vormitting it, you should discuss with your doctor the option of using suppositories if it the medication comes in that form.

The syringe is only a form of administering oral drug to kids like the type that comes in calpol not that you are injecting anything.

Pele i know it can be frustrating to give medication to a baby, as other mamas have suggested, if they are tablets put it in swallow.

Try and give her milk as its likely that she will keep that down,
if it is only 2 balls of swallow she takes, as long as she has taken her meds with those two. Leave her. Give her some formular to wash it down.

Pele kiss

Same thing the Con. Paed said when I spoke to him. No worries sha. Everyone have a good evening kiss

(so I don't get any love and sympathy?? I, the only person that reads all your essays and memorizes them word for word?? Sniff sniff).

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:28pm On Mar 31, 2017
Onegai:

Same thing the Con. Paed said when I spoke to him. No worries sha. Everyone have a good evening kiss

(so I don't get any love and sympathy?? I, the only person that reads all your essays and memorizes them word for word?? Sniff sniff).

Ehen.... So why you no come talk am like that.

You want sympathy . Ok today is my sympathy sharing day.... oya come and take ONE choco milo!

Ok let me add one kiss for you too... kiss

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 31, 2017
Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement.

I have decided henceforth that i ll only take care of my needs and that of my daughter.
I ll no longer share in the household finances or contribute to the payment of rent.

To the person who asked if he is carrying out any major project; no, he isn't.
And i am inclined to believe he isn't chasing after women. But what do i know.

Thanks Alphahandmaiden for your insightful post. I ve borrowed myself sense.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:34pm On Mar 31, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Ehen.... So why you no come talk am like that.

You want sympathy . Ok today is my sympathy sharing day.... oya come and take ONE choco milo!

Ok let me add one kiss for you too... kiss

He doesn't waste niceties on me grin (plus he was smack in the middle of ward rounds and I was there saying "please this is important, give me answers and a time/date). Like I said, no worries wink

Choco Milo is sooo last year, angry I want Fan Ice.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 6:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
Happened to my son too..he is eight now...
Nothing happened
But the guilt and fear of a father remained
Follow the advice ur were given by following the mile sones
zaynie:

Do you remember all the milestone she reached before.
Test if she can still maintain them.
They are stronger than you think.
My son fell from a wickedly tall bed too at barely 6months old. He's fine....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 7:50pm On Mar 31, 2017
eribooboo:
@iomoge2 hi, pls where In lag did u get d cantu baby products. .thnxxss

Blenco supermarket Ajah.

You can check them big supermarket or market.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eribooboo: 9:38pm On Mar 31, 2017
Thank u

iomoge2:

Blenco supermarket Ajah.

You can check them big supermarket or market.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
rofemiguwa:

Thanks went ro d doc was giving eye drop.but holding off on it.am wiping with cotton wool n warm water like u advised.

Pls any mama that has a pediatrician number in lagos shud pls inbox.i need to see one.looks like all dis G.P r using my daughter to do tumbon tumbon.
My email cynthuwa_23@yahoo.com

Cc.oneg.ai
Alphahandmaid.en
Iomog.e2
Zayn.ie
All.sabi mamas

Choi! How could I have missed this!
I use Gbaja hospital o. At Shitta/Surulere.
Pediatrician full there sef.

Modified: Just read your later posts.
Is she better now?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:27pm On Mar 31, 2017
Boomz, just saw this.

People have testified to dropping breastmilk on it.
Some agree, some don't.
Just continue to use wet wipes to gently clean off.
Someone also just wrote that carbohydrate caused hers.

Try to find what the trigger is.
Atinuke brings it on when she is teething. Since breast Don dry up since, I use a face towel with clean water to swipe. Once the teething temp comes down, it goes.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by firstpregnancy: 10:27am On Apr 01, 2017
Good morning mamas . requirements to join this group?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HiAll: 10:57am On Apr 01, 2017
Onegai:

(There we go!!!) lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 11:04am On Apr 01, 2017
zaynie:

Choi! How could I have missed this!
I use Gbaja hospital o. At Shitta/Surulere.
Pediatrician full there sef.

Modified: Just read your later posts.
Is she better now?

Thanks zaynie.she just finished her malaria drugs yesterday.although we sucessfully took 4 out of 6. Its suspension so she throws up d liquid . her paracetomol not so much. But i substitute replacing a dose with tepid sponging.so it brings down the fever.
The cough syrup aint seeing any effect at all.maybe i go back to the palmoil solution. Cattarh has reduced.i tink the piriton helped

She is still playful thru this all.shes only dull when her temp spikes.
Watching her till monday since she jus finished her malaria drugs.if fever still continues am going to a paed. Straight.i dont mind private consultation.

Thanks.pls can i get paed as first consultation in the gbaja hospital.can u send me their addy.maybe a pm or a mail.

God bless you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:04pm On Apr 01, 2017
lol, ur statement is funny o.
There are no requirements my dear. I guess u came from d pregnancy thread? just feel free to ask any questions.

firstpregnancy:
Good morning mamas .
requirements to join this group?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 4:26pm On Apr 01, 2017
Iomoge2

Rofemiguwa

Would you please mind sharing the cost implications of those August secrets pap?
Thanks!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2017
babythug:
Iomoge2

Rofemiguwa

Would you please mind sharing the cost implications of those August secrets pap?
Thanks!

I bought everything 6k i tink.
But the beans and fruitysoypap wasnt a hit with my baby o.
It was the rice that was the ish for her.
I tink its about 900 for 500g.
All her products are that range.i tink the most expensive is the fruitypap that my baby didnt like sef.

After she finished her rice.i tried looking for brown rice to grind mysef.i never see clean one till now so i guess am back to augustsecrets.
Afterall no need changing a winning party.

I tink shes running a promo now sha.maybe u try buying a few and see how well ur baby accepts it.

I still buy other food sha plus the ones i make for variety.
I still make homemade corn n dawa pap for my baby too.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2017
rofemiguwa:

I bought everything 6k i tink.
But the beans and fruitysoypap wasnt a hit with my baby o.
It was the rice that was the ish for her.
I tink its about 900 for 500g.
All her products are that range.i tink the most expensive is the fruitypap that my baby didnt like sef.

After she finished her rice.i tried looking for brown rice to grind mysef.i never see clean one till now so i guess am back to augustsecrets.
Afterall no need changing a winning party.

I tink shes running a promo now sha.maybe u try buying a few and see how well ur baby accepts it.

I still buy other food sha plus the ones i make for variety.
I still make homemade corn n dawa pap for my baby too.

Thank I appreciate! Was trying to compare with one regular dried pap I saw on my axis which costs 500 for 500g! But it's not specifically for babies anyone can consume it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 8:20pm On Apr 01, 2017
olamitie:
Ddnt know Agnesia powder works this fast, just two days and the rashes has cleared, what a sweet relief cool

Still waiting for the pix of the sebamad lotion
cc blank

It's the right one. I am not a fan of powders. My elder kids have asthma and it was identified as one of the triggers. Didn't help that they had a predisposition to it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.