Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4393673 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pinkydaisy(f): 2:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
tjskii: ^^welcome bak sweery,ow body,and d lil madam kiss kiss

By d way,who approve dt internet leave wey u go,I go sanction u o,d only tin wey go allow me fgve u,na if u tell me say u don catch anoda belle grin

My dear,,,,another belle? Amen, but not so soon oh. How is everything darling?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pinkydaisy(f): 2:44pm On Jan 08, 2014
Wendy80:
She don rch to catch anoda belle na, aftaall hummy own no be 2months*****bent down 2dodge the missiles frm the eyes***** how r u all doin?
@Chris4gold not evry nurse is qualified oh so mind whr u get advise frm............we supos flog that Nurse 4 dat anti biotic prescription

@Wendy80,,,No be small,,,,,,,,

The antibiotic matter dey vex me seriously,,,most times i even wonder who gave some doctors and nurses thier licence to practice. It so happened to me even,,,,,many people just dey haller say i suppose give my pikin antibiotics,,and i was wondering,for what nah? I made my own research and found out it's not neccesary as long as the baby has no infection or illness per say. The belief is so rampant that you must give every new born antibiotics,,,,,so annoying!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pinkydaisy(f): 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2014
hysomah: i want to introduce my six month baby to cereal,so need advice,cerelac and friso gold which is more beter.i.e help babies to gain weight fast

You need to pick 1 and observe the baby's reaction to it,,,personnally my DD reacted badly to Cerelac (Stooling) but other babies have no reaction at all,,,,,,,,Friso is also nice but each baby will have their own preference so go discover yours,,,,goodluck!

BUT NOTHING COMPARES TO THE ULTIMATE PAP (AKAMU, OGI e.t.c grin) IF YOU CAN GO THRU THE STRESS OF SOAKING , GRINDING AND WASHING YOURSELF OHHH,,,i no dey prescribe to buying of pap from outside for baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by anikeogo7: 6:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
Hello Mothers have you tried Dunnes super dry nappies?if you have used uk Huggies you will love Dunnes super dry nappies,available in sizes 3,4,5 we also have original uk huggies sizes 2,3,4 and 4 plus .You can get them at our 2 stores in Lagos(Oshodi and the business centre Ijaiye ojokoro) and also available at Ado ekiti.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zinylizzy(f): 7:54pm On Jan 08, 2014
Good evening. how are u all and ur little ones? I dont want to derail d thread but plz, anybody dt has d books should send to me. I have pleaded, asked. I have even sent pms. pls, anyone, somebody, plz help me with d books. zinylizzy@gmail.com. thank u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 10:40pm On Jan 08, 2014
Hi Ziny. pls i m very sorry i ll send it now. my connectivity is very bad. i m using my phone and laptop now. i ll send it now. pls i m very sorry.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 10:42pm On Jan 08, 2014
ziny pls check and let me know if u got it. as for other moms, pls exercise patience. i ll send it. my connectivity is slow and bad. i want u all to bear with me. and in case i send it to u, pls lets know if u got it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 10:52pm On Jan 08, 2014
I just sent it to cremchic, kikila, Icherishu, genny4u, mumchristabel, events mama. pls check ur inbox. i m taking it one after another so for others, bear with moi
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 11:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
@zenoj, @hummy,@adetunrayo pls check ur inbox. pls let me know it u have gotten it. pls who is yet to get the book.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kikila(f): 8:54am On Jan 09, 2014
@omogemi,tnks so much I got d ebook. Its like nobody seems to hv an answer 2 my question.ok o,no wahala
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zinylizzy(f): 10:45am On Jan 09, 2014
omogemi: ziny pls check and let me know if u got it. as for other moms, pls exercise patience. i ll send it. my connectivity is slow and bad. i want u all to bear with me. and in case i send it to u, pls lets know if u got it.
my dear,God bless ya.I got them.thanks so much for taking out time to send them.u da best
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adorablemummy: 10:48am On Jan 09, 2014
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 09, 2014
omogemi: I just sent it to cremchic, kikila, Icherishu, genny4u, mumchristabel, events mama. pls check ur inbox. i m taking it one after another so for others, bear with moi

Thanks love, I have seen the book. God bless you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2014
adorablemummy: PLEASE AM SORRY TO DERAIL THIS THREAD BUT I HAVE BEEN READING ALL THE POSTS HERE AND I APPRECIATE HOW YOU MOTHERS/FATHERS HAVE BEEN LOOKING OUT FOR 1 AND ANOTHER,,,PLEASE AM IN NEED OF ALL YOUR ADVISE,,PLEASE ,,i have posted in the family section but i also think posting here would help, once again so sorry to derail the thread..........

I have a 7 months old baby and require the services of a nanny but i have been encountering some issues :

1. First and foremost, i live very far away from my place of work and so i have to leave home by 4:30 am every week day to catch the staff bus (my resumption time at work is 6:30am and i get to work by 6:10 or 6:15am) my husband leaves home at about the same time too.

2. Secondly, we occupy a room and parlour apartment.

I would prefer to have a live-in maid as she would be able to sleep in the living room at night and change her clothes in the bathroom e.t.c but i recently had a bad experience with one sometime back when my baby was barely 4 months, she just woke up 1 morning when we were away at work and left my house without telling anybody her whereabouts, when she was finally found, she said she left cos she didn't want to work as a maid anymore. i was lucky i had my sister living with me then,,,i wonder if the maid would have left my baby all alone at home when she had her nervous breakdown.
Getting a nanny that would resume work by 4:20am to close for maybe 6/7pm has been impossible and me quitting work is out of the issue completely. My mother is not available to help me and am out of options,,,,,QUITTING MY JOB NOW WILL NOT WORK BECAUSE my husband's salary can barely take care of 1 person how much more 3/4 people,so i have to work to assist him. There are no proper daycare/crech around my area as i have checked and the available ones don't live in the school premises, so dropping the baby off that early is out of the issue.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO ,,,,,,My sister would be leaving for school at the end of the month and i dnt know how i'll care for my child while i work,i am so scared of getting another live-in maid and leaving the baby all alone with her as my sister has to go back to school after the ASUU strike has been called off.

Good people, please put yourselves in my shoe and give me a candid advise, there is a saying that a problem shared is half solved,,,I NEED YOUR ADVICE.

This is very daisy, getting a live-in person these days isn't easy. I have been looking for one for donkey years but to no avail. I have resolved that when my niece resumes school. I will take my baby to creche. Getting a good nanny to resume by that time will be difficult. No one might be willing to do that. Continue to look for a live-in person or try taking your baby along with you to a creche nearby your working place. That may seems to be the solution till you find a permanent one. I wish you well. It is well with us the working mothers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 2:06pm On Jan 09, 2014
pinkydaisy: Blendy77 how far? VENUSS how far? tjskii how far? Honiepie24 how far? abibyy how far? Wendy80 my love how far? Jade William how far? Corall How far?
I missed posting here,,,,,,and am back full time with a bang.

Welicum back Love.

My baby turned one in december. still try to waka. but she is very great and active...I thank God.

Abeg, mothers wey de give their babies honey from 1 year, how do u do it? is it direct or inside cereal? a freind said she mixes hers with lime, it got me wondering, is lime not to harsh for d baby's tummy? abeg help o, i want to start giving my baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pinkydaisy(f): 2:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
Good day mummies,,

Corrall dear, is it really neccesary that you add honey to the cereal? Sometimes honey can cause stomach pain,,,,personnally i am a big fan of honey but recently, anytime i ate honey or anything containing honey i developed very bad cramps,,,i always bought my honey from one source and i even tried another source and it was the same thing so please,,,,,if it's not absolutely neccesary,,i would advise you let honey be and add a little glucose instead from time to time.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
Hmmm, well...i was not thinking of adding honey to the cereal o, the cereal is already sweet so...moreover, i dont think honey and glucose does the same work o, glucose na for energy and i also used to put it in her pap if it is not sweet. honey i think does a lot more, at least every one says its good for cold...abeg who can concur ooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bsoda: 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
mamaryan: Happy New year everyone, please house my 7 weeks old baby boy makes a grunting sound mostly when sleeping and just recently I noticed that he sounds like he has mucus in his throat, but he can't get it out. He doesn't have cough and breaths fine and still feeds well. No high temperature, he seems ok. But the sound gets to me. Is there anything to be worried about.

PS, am staying in a place where paediatricians are not available just general doctors.

Thanks.. for helping out a worried be new mom in advance.

My dear, something like this happened to my son o. MIL said it was caused by catarrh & cos he was too little, he couldn't clear his throat himself. At 5 weeks, I couldn't bear it again & I took him to d doctor. D doc checked him, checked his lungs, etc & found nothing. He said there's something (I've forgotten what he called it) that's in d throat of all babies. Some of them come with it already resolved while for others it will resolve on its own. He said I should observe till about 10 weeks if there's no change, I should return. As God will have it, d noise stopped when my son was about 8weeks plus. So I'll advise u to see a doc inorder to be doubly sure.smiley All d best dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bsoda: 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2014
Happy New Year to all the wonderful parents in the house. God bless...

@omogemi I tried sending u an email to request for the book but I don't understand how to go about it o. Pls help me out smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bsoda: 4:44pm On Jan 09, 2014
adorablemummy: PLEASE AM SORRY TO DERAIL THIS THREAD BUT I HAVE BEEN READING ALL THE POSTS HERE AND I APPRECIATE HOW YOU MOTHERS/FATHERS HAVE BEEN LOOKING OUT FOR 1 AND ANOTHER,,,PLEASE AM IN NEED OF ALL YOUR ADVISE,,PLEASE ,,i have posted in the family section but i also think posting here would help, once again so sorry to derail the thread..........

I have a 7 months old baby and require the services of a nanny but i have been encountering some issues :

1. First and foremost, i live very far away from my place of work and so i have to leave home by 4:30 am every week day to catch the staff bus (my resumption time at work is 6:30am and i get to work by 6:10 or 6:15am) my husband leaves home at about the same time too.

I would prefer to have a live-in maid as she would be able to sleep in the living room at night and change her clothes in the bathroom e.t.c but i recently had a bad experience with one sometime back when my baby was barely 4 months, she just woke up 1 morning when we were away at work and left my house without telling anybody her whereabouts, when she was finally found, she said she left cos she didn't want to work as a maid anymore. i was lucky i had my sister living with me then,,,i wonder if the maid would have left my baby all alone at home when she had her nervous breakdown.
Getting a nanny that would resume work by 4:20am to close for maybe 6/7pm has been impossible and me quitting work is out of the issue completely. My mother is not available to help me and am out of options,,,,,QUITTING MY JOB NOW WILL NOT WORK BECAUSE my husband's salary can barely take care of 1 person how much more 3/4 people,so i have to work to assist him. There are no proper daycare/crech around my area as i have checked and the available ones don't live in the school premises, so dropping the baby off that early is out of the issue.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO ,,,,,,My sister would be leaving for school at the end of the month and i dnt know how i'll care for my child while i work,i am so scared of getting another live-in maid and leaving the baby all alone with her as my sister has to go back to school after the ASUU strike has been called off.

Good people, please put yourselves in my shoe and give me a candid advise, there is a saying that a problem shared is half solved,,,I NEED YOUR ADVICE.

So sorry dear. You're really going through a lot. But all I can say is virtually every option has its own pros & cons. Be it nanny, live-in maid or daycare. I'll just advise u to pray & ask God for his guidance. He can give u a maid that will let u have peace of mind. Cos if u ask me, from d way u're talking, a good maid is what u need. I just resumed on monday & I've not gotten anyone to assist with my baby. Fortunately my mum is helping out but she has to leave soon. So I'm really confused on what to do. God help us all. Its well. smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pyzdan: 5:38pm On Jan 09, 2014
Hello mum and dad. My 8 weeks old baby is going bald. Losing his hair everyday, his nappy area and some part of his bodyis coloured red including his head. A friend said its called 'eela' in yoruba. I dont know what to do and also dont know if he will still grow hairs on his head. I have been to do hospital and was told to buy dermacare cream which seems not to work. Pls help. #worried mum#
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mcfemad(m): 5:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
Hi all,

Trust everyone is fine and our babies are doing very well. Its quite sometime on this thread

I need your help, advices and opinions, my son will be 6months later this month and the guy is already showing interest in eating; you can imagine trying to take my spoon while eating last night and crying whenever he notices the sight of food.

Mothers, what can I start him? I need home made food preparations,please. ( I know this has be dealt with on this thread but can't seems to locate the page)

Thanks and Kind Regards
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 9:27pm On Jan 09, 2014

Maybe u should get an elderly live-in nanny to take care of ur baby. It might be a bit difficult with the kind of apartment u live in sha. Does ur compound have a security guard? If yes, he can also help in ensuring ur maid or nanny doesn't leave the compound when u're not around with little tips. With nannies and maids, one has to be extremely prayerful whether young or elderly ones. Just pray for God to give u a good one who has love for kids. Also try getting a maid from the east or ss, and if possible get those who have never worked in Lag before. The probabilty of running away is very slim with village recruit and also avoid giving them their salaries in cash. The best alternative to all of these is getting a good creche close to ur office. It will save u all the headache except additional stress of preparing the baby before 4.30am before u also get dressed for work also. They all have their pros n cons. All the best.

@pinkydaisy, ekabo!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 9:54pm On Jan 09, 2014
@bsoda, write out ur email add so i ll send it to u.

pyzdan: Hello mum and dad. My 8 weeks old baby is going bald. Losing his hair everyday, his nappy area and some part of his bodyis coloured red including his head. A friend said its called 'eela' in yoruba. I dont know what to do and also dont know if he will still grow hairs on his head. I have been to do hospital and was told to buy dermacare cream which seems not to work. Pls help. #worried mum#
pyzdan: Hello mum and dad. My 8 weeks old baby is going bald. Losing his hair everyday, his nappy area and some part of his bodyis coloured red including his head. A friend said its called 'eela' in yoruba. I dont know what to do and also dont know if he will still grow hairs on his head. I have been to do hospital and was told to buy dermacare cream which seems not to work. Pls help. #worried mum#
@pyzdan, i think that is the serious type of eela. u may need to get serious agbo for ur baby. let ur mum help u out on that if she can. but if not u got to the herb sellers and lay ur complaint. meanwhile u ll need to get tribotan baby or get good coconut oil and mix with tribact and shea butter and rub his body. make it his cream. the eela on the body will go but the one of the hair will make him bald (sorry abt that) but he ll grow it back on tym depending on how strong the abgo use. i say this coz i v seen two cases of these. i even had to get that red leaf to help the lady bath her baby with.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cremchic: 10:04pm On Jan 09, 2014
omogemi: I just sent it to cremchic, kikila, Icherishu, genny4u, mumchristabel, events mama. pls check ur inbox. i m taking it one after another so for others, bear with moi
@ omogemi,thanks so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 12:23am On Jan 10, 2014
cremchic:
@ omogemi,thanks so much
Icherishu:
Thanks love, I have seen the book. God bless you.
zinylizzy:
my dear,God bless ya.I got them.thanks so much for taking out time to send them.u da best
kikila: @omogemi,tnks so much I got d ebook. Its like nobody seems to hv an answer 2 my question.ok o,no wahala

hey mums thank God o. its well with us all. God bless u all.
@kiki what ws ur Q. sorry for asking mayb u should rewrite it for all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adorablemummy: 9:10am On Jan 10, 2014
Thanks mummies, God bless you all for taking out time to help me.

There is no security in the compound and getting a maid from the east/ss has not been forthcoming at all,,,the village recruits sef no dey again,,them say they wan go school....i dnt blame them sha.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adorablemummy: 9:14am On Jan 10, 2014
Can i quit my job? My husband earns a meager 40k salary monthly,,,,,,i earn double that excluding taxes and pension but i still can't ask him to stay home with the kid while i work,,,,i would have a very unhappy man on my hands to deal with.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fexichi(f): 9:41am On Jan 10, 2014
hello people! I have finally found what I have bn looking for! I need ur help, advice me pls. I have a 3 month old and 3 other kids. stopped working after the 3rd child so iam partly SAHM but i am a pg student. I have no maid and no helper. I exclusively breastfeed but since the resumption of my kids to school, i have noticed i run low on milk in the evenings. how can i make sure i have good supply all day long? This boy can suck! I feel tired in the evenings too. I already have enough work to do with the other kids so i dont want to add washing and sterilizing bottles yet. pls i need ur advice as getting a help is soo difficult these days. thanks in advance.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pyzdan: 9:57am On Jan 10, 2014
@omogemi tanx a million. I will try dat. Didnt knw its dis bad. I pray the hairs grow on time, i dnt like the way it look. But how long do u think it will take for the bald area to grow hairs? Pls reply. Tanx once again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Wendy80(f): 10:35am On Jan 10, 2014
@Corral, honey is gud from 1yr but pls DON'T add lime oh, its too harsh n acidic 4 dia tender stomach, I think giving straight with a teaspoon shd do

@AdorableMum. I think getting a creche around ur ooffice is best for this situation on ground. Leaving ur baby with a complete stranger is somehow,even if u get a Nanny now u need to be with her 4 a while bs leaving ur baby wth her which I knw the time isn't D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥, so I'll suggest creche close to ur office...........The Lord is Ur Strenght Dear....

Mnwhile let's stop quoting AdorableMum's post we're making the thread unneccessarily Long. Kisses
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adorablemummy: 11:10am On Jan 10, 2014
@Wendy80,,,true.

Plz all, thanks a lot for your contributions,,,,,we can always pop into the family thread (COMPLICATED NANNY ISSUES) and drop your hints and ideas for me there,,,,i dnt want to derail this particular thread and moreover, am getting some really good feedbacks over there too,,,pls find time and visit the family section on this issue.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME AND PATIENCE,,,,in your own times of need, help shall never be far from you all,IJN, Amen, thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Crownofwealth(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.