Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,384 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Ijaw People ‘re Encroaching On My Land, Oba Of Benin Tells AIG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw People ‘re Encroaching On My Land, Oba Of Benin Tells AIG (1550 Views)

Ijaw People Must Return To Fishing –orubebe / Return Jonathan Or Forget One Nigeria – Ijaw People / Ijaw People ‘re Encroaching On My Land, Oba Of Benin Tells AIG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw People ‘re Encroaching On My Land, Oba Of Benin Tells AIG by jason123: 12:21pm On Jun 22, 2012
BENIN CITY—THE Benin monarch, Oba Erediauwa, yesterday, frowned at what he described as the encroachment on lands belonging to his kingdom by some Ijaw youths in Ovia South West Local Government Area of Edo State.

He urged the Assistant Inspector General of Police, AIG, zone 5 Benin, Mr Hashimu Argungun to find solution to the problem.

The Oba, who spoke when the AIG paid him a courtesy visit, at his palace, also commended the state Police Commissioner, Mr Olayinka Balogun for his efforts in combating crime in the state.

The monarch lamented that some Ijaw people were stubbornly occupying large expanse of land, even when the Supreme Court had ruled against them. He delegated the Iyase of Benin, Chief Sam Igbe to liaise with the AIG to find lasting solution to the issue.

He expressed confidence in the new AIG Argungu, saying “from your qualifications and working experience, I am happy your quality is deployed to zone 5 and I wish you success in fighting crimes in the state.

“The CP in Edo State is doing well in trying to wipe out all forms of crime, including kidnapping. He is open to public discussion and interaction as a way of finding solution to insurgent of crime in the state.”

Meanwhile, AIG Hashimu has promised the people of hitch free election, come July 14, gubernatorial election in the state, assuring the monarch of getting to the root of the matter in Ovia South West and other areas, where people had encroached on the land.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/ijaw-people-re-encroaching-on-my-land-oba-of-benin-tells-aig/
Re: Ijaw People ‘re Encroaching On My Land, Oba Of Benin Tells AIG by Demdem(m): 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2012
Ijaw again
Ok, am ready to listen and learn this time.
Re: Ijaw People ‘re Encroaching On My Land, Oba Of Benin Tells AIG by Ufeolorun(m): 12:39pm On Jun 22, 2012
Same Niger-delta noni now?
Gambari and Fulani are inseparable,there's no case here at all.
Re: Ijaw People ‘re Encroaching On My Land, Oba Of Benin Tells AIG by Dede1(m): 1:39pm On Jun 22, 2012
Please, I plead someone to inform Oba of Benin that Ijo had claimed biological extension of one of the Ogisos and as such could lay claim on the piece of land which Erediauwa had promised blood and destruction.
Re: Ijaw People ‘re Encroaching On My Land, Oba Of Benin Tells AIG by peckhamboi: 2:03pm On Jun 22, 2012
Dede1: Please, I plead someone inform Oba of Benin that Ijo had claimed biological extension of one of the Ogisos and as such could lay claim on the piece of land which Erediauwa had promised blood and destruction.

Grandpa Dende, where did you get all your unsubstantiated piece of history from? Ijos and Ogisos have nothing in common.
Re: Ijaw People ‘re Encroaching On My Land, Oba Of Benin Tells AIG by Dede1(m): 2:16pm On Jun 22, 2012
peckhamboi:

Grandpa Dende, where do get all your unsubstantiated piece of history from? Ijos and Ogisos have nothing in common.

Small boy packhamfool, you have written like a person who engages in a protracted war with history books. Please educate yourself by enlisting the services of a library. Have you seen or read any of the goofy claims of ancestry by some foolish Nigerians that failed to connect with a runaway prince from Benin?
Re: Ijaw People ‘re Encroaching On My Land, Oba Of Benin Tells AIG by T9ksy(m): 2:58pm On Jun 22, 2012
Please do try and acquint us with the library or libraries where you get your outlandish info. from.
Re: Ijaw People ‘re Encroaching On My Land, Oba Of Benin Tells AIG by Chyz2: 3:15pm On Jun 22, 2012
Funny dude, so your people occupied others land before now "your" land is being occupied and your complaining. Go sit down.lol
Re: Ijaw People ‘re Encroaching On My Land, Oba Of Benin Tells AIG by musiwa1: 5:37pm On Jun 22, 2012
dd
Re: Ijaw People ‘re Encroaching On My Land, Oba Of Benin Tells AIG by Johndoe100(m): 6:13pm On Jun 22, 2012
You people should leave the Ijaw alone, we are a peace loving people who just want to get along with everyone.

(1) (Reply)

................ / Falae’s Son Sent Me Text 4 Days Before Crash —Tambuwal / Breaking News - Another Boko Haram Attack In Just Over 24hrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.