Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Ijaw People ‘re Encroaching On My Land, Oba Of Benin Tells AIG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw People ‘re Encroaching On My Land, Oba Of Benin Tells AIG (1549 Views)

Ijaw People Must Return To Fishing –orubebe / Return Jonathan Or Forget One Nigeria – Ijaw People / Ijaw People ‘re Encroaching On My Land, Oba Of Benin Tells AIG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ijaw People ‘re Encroaching On My Land, Oba Of Benin Tells AIG by White007(m): 9:37pm On Jun 22, 2012
BY SIMON EBEGBULEM

BENIN CITY-THE Benin monarch, Oba Erediauwa, yesterday, frowned at what he described as the encroachment on lands belonging to his kingdom by some Ijaw youths in Ovia South West Local Government Area of Edo State.

He urged the Assistant Inspector General of Police, AIG, zone 5 Benin, Mr Hashimu Argungun to find solution to the problem.

The Oba, who spoke when the AIG paid him a courtesy visit, at his palace, also commended the state Police Commissioner, Mr Olayinka Balogun for his efforts in combating crime in the state.

The monarch lamented that some Ijaw people were stubbornly occupying large expanse of land, even when the Supreme Court had ruled against them. He delegated the Iyase of Benin, Chief Sam Igbe to liaise with the AIG to find lasting solution to the issue.

He expressed confidence in the new AIG Argungu, saying "from your qualifications and working experience, I am happy your quality is deployed to zone 5 and I wish you success in fighting crimes in the state.

"The CP in Edo State is doing well in trying to wipe out all forms of crime, including kidnapping. He is open to public discussion and interaction as a way of finding solution to insurgent of crime in the state."

Meanwhile, AIG Hashimu has promised the people of hitch free election, come July 14, gubernatorial election in the state, assuring the monarch of getting to the root of the matter in Ovia South West and other areas, where people had encroached on the land.
http://odili.net/news/source/2012/jun/22/322.html

(1) (Reply)

Merger: New Party Considers Ribadu, El-rufai For 2015 / Photos:man Transforms Face To A Dog’s Face With Plastic Surgery / m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.