Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Jailed South African Drug Mule(aka Dreadlocks Drug Mule) Shares Her Story - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Jailed South African Drug Mule(aka Dreadlocks Drug Mule) Shares Her Story (2203 Views)

Poll:

This poll has ended

Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences / Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jailed South African Drug Mule(aka Dreadlocks Drug Mule) Shares Her Story by JohnnT: 2:02pm On Jun 22, 2012
Johannesburg - Jailed South African drug mule Nolubabalo Nobanda would have been killed if she backed out of trafficking drugs to Thailand, it was reported on Friday.

The Star Africa Edition reported that Nobanda, 23, who was recently sentenced to 15 years by a Bangkok court, claimed she was not a drug trafficker but a victim of human-trafficking by foreigners in South Africa.

She claimed when she found out she was expected to traffic drugs, she tried to back out, but was threatened.

"If the Nigerians[color=#000000][/color] got to know that I was not going to do the work, they could even kill me..." said Nobanda in a statement.

'Training'

She said a close friend of hers, Sulezo Rwanqa, was given a job by the brother of a friend to sell hair products from Brazil in South Africa.

Arriving in Brazil, Nobanda and Rwanqa met with another South African woman who was apparently angry that the two were too young to execute the apparently dangerous job which was set for them.

Nobanda said what followed was the "training" for the trafficking which started with the swallowing of condoms filled with drugs, but she could not keep the condoms down.

Then came the idea of putting the drugs in her hair.

When she landed in Thailand, it was as though the immigration officials were expecting her.

"They went straight for me and took me to a separate room."

Thai officials caught Nobanda with 1.4kg of cocaine in her hair.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Jailed-SA-drug-mule-shares-her-story-20120622
- SAPA
Re: Jailed South African Drug Mule(aka Dreadlocks Drug Mule) Shares Her Story by TonySpike: 3:19pm On Jun 22, 2012
Lemme guess, certain groups of Nigerian from a particular ethnic enclave are involved in the SA drug business. Anyone help me
Re: Jailed South African Drug Mule(aka Dreadlocks Drug Mule) Shares Her Story by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 22, 2012
soon Nigerians will be training people to 419 and Farouk!
Re: Jailed South African Drug Mule(aka Dreadlocks Drug Mule) Shares Her Story by Donmeca(m): 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2012
Tony Spike: Lemme guess, certain groups of Nigerian from a particular ethnic enclave are involved in the SA drug business. Anyone help me

Dead brain! After reading d article, d only puzzle dat u can solve is what etnic group does drugs. Which one doesn't?

How abt trying to figure out if d lady was telling d truth at all? There are 3 persons in dat article...all of the women...all of them south African and u just bought d Nigerian aspect. Keep unraveling drug-trafficking ethnic groups!
Re: Jailed South African Drug Mule(aka Dreadlocks Drug Mule) Shares Her Story by TonySpike: 5:46pm On Jun 22, 2012
Donmeca:

Dead brain! After reading d article, d only puzzle dat u can solve is what etnic group does drugs. Which one doesn't?

How abt trying to figure out if d lady was telling d truth at all? There are 3 persons in dat article...all of the women...all of them south African and u just bought d Nigerian aspect. Keep unraveling drug-trafficking ethnic groups!

You are the one with the deader brain! It is a well-known fact in South Africa that a Nigerian ethnic group recruits South Africans as drug mules and pimps.
Re: Jailed South African Drug Mule(aka Dreadlocks Drug Mule) Shares Her Story by jumobi1(m): 7:06pm On Jun 22, 2012
Why don't you mention the ethnic group? Since that fact seems so relevant to you? Or are you afraid? SMH. Tribalism.
Tony Spike:

You are the one with the deadier brain! It is a well-known fact in South Africa that a Nigerian ethnic group recruits South Africans as drug mules and pimps.
Re: Jailed South African Drug Mule(aka Dreadlocks Drug Mule) Shares Her Story by deor03(m): 7:14pm On Jun 22, 2012
South Africans are funny. They blame all the ill in thier society on Nigerians.

Shame !
Re: Jailed South African Drug Mule(aka Dreadlocks Drug Mule) Shares Her Story by TonySpike: 7:23pm On Jun 22, 2012
deor03: South Africans are funny. They blame all the ill in thier society on Nigerians.

Shame !

While I can't blame South Africans for feeling that way about Nigerians. Can I ask you, how would you feel if foreigners from a particular country take over a location like Broad Street in Lagos and convert it to a criminal haven? Just a question for you to think about...
Re: Jailed South African Drug Mule(aka Dreadlocks Drug Mule) Shares Her Story by JohnnT: 8:52pm On Jun 22, 2012
Its a known fact that 99% of Nigerians in South Africa are mostly drug dealers,they use hair salons and cellphone repair shops as a fronts.They find it very easy to recruit young girls as South Africal ladies just love doing shopping and changing their hair styles daily.
Re: Jailed South African Drug Mule(aka Dreadlocks Drug Mule) Shares Her Story by tunnytox(m): 9:16pm On Jun 22, 2012
Pictures and original story link on this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/825332/south-african-girl-caught-1.5kg

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Is A Freemason/jesuit-illuminati / American Journalist Exposes The Truth About Ukraine. / I Swear If Isis Bomb Any City In Russia, Every Islamists Will Die In Half An Hou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.