Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? (48819 Views)

Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People / Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / The 250+ Tribes/ethnic Groups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by emofine2(f): 5:33pm On Jul 12, 2012
embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
all una small pikin no get respekt anymore. thunder fire ur small mouth. u no sabi speak pidgin for ur age u still come here dey make mouth. urhobo wayo wey dey run after aboki, u wan use dem do wayo or wetin. abeg comot for road make I see front jor. anuofia
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by emofine2(f): 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2012
lipsrsealed
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2012
dem no teach una how to respect elders in ur tribe? onye nzuzu
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2012
na so so megho megho una go dey shout up and down like mumu. onye beribe
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by aljharem(m): 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2012
C'mon people stop this fight. we should celebrate our differences not fight over it. Pidgin is now part and parcel of Nigeria numerous languages which everyone can understand so I believe she reserves the right to speak/write in pidgin.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 12, 2012
How did this turn into a fight?

There are too many jobless twats on NL, I swear down. undecided

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
I've always been impressed by the Yoruba culture and traditions.
But overall, the whole history and African culture.
(I hope not to arouse ethnic rivalries)

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by emofine2(f): 9:23pm On Jul 12, 2012
*sigh*

I apologise for derailing and will subsequently edit my post so as not to distract from the theme of this topic.

@OP

I fancy the native attire and art of the Binis.

Urhobo thank you for usi and owoh tongue...and I appreciate the Urhobo language...it's like music to my ears.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Fulaman198(m): 2:30am On Jul 13, 2012
looplat: all una small pikin no get respekt anymore. thunder fire ur small mouth. u no sabi speak pidgin for ur age u still come here dey make mouth. urhobo wayo wey dey run after aboki, u wan use dem do wayo or wetin. abeg comot for road make I see front jor. anuofia

Wow jus sharrap and leave her be
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by sarutobie(m): 7:46am On Jul 13, 2012
Am igbo and Currently in love with a tiv girl.smart,funny and caring..thus I have come to realise love is tribeless..I may or may not marry from my tribe after all.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2012
emöfine2: *sigh*

I apologise for derailing and will subsequently edit my post so as not to distract from the theme of this topic.

@OP

I fancy the native attire and art of the Binis.

Urhobo thank you for usi and owoh tongue...and I appreciate the Urhobo language...it's like music to my ears.

All of a sudden you remember something good about other tribe other than Fulani woodabe. You are learning,gradually.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by emofine2(f): 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2012
@OP Oh I also forgot to add I love the body art of the Fulanis wink

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Fulaman198(m): 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2012
sarutobie: Am igbo and Currently in love with a tiv girl.smart,funny and caring..thus I have come to realise love is tribeless..I may or may not marry from my tribe after all.

Good thought process, love is indeed not based on ethnic group. I am proud of you for taking your own chances on love

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Fulaman198(m): 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2012
emöfine2: @OP Oh I also forgot to add I love the body art of the Fulanis wink

Thank you

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by edogram1(m): 4:56pm On Jul 17, 2012
I love the afema music. And i love igbo girls

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by OneNaira6: 7:03am On Jul 29, 2012
I like Idoma and Urhobo language. I also like the Ibibio/efik/annang food and culture.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Mrfemi1: 11:35pm On Aug 11, 2012
I love the igbo self driven mentality....I love hausa/fulanis natural beauty and I love Yoruba food

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by toshmann(m): 9:36pm On Sep 04, 2012
[Toshmann nwa mama cheesy (proudly igbo)

Efiks: very neat. great food. friendly girls(often misintepreted for moral laxity.)
Ibibios: language similar to Efiks, character similar to Igbos(hussling spirit)
yoruba: Humble people. good to be your friend at tough times
Hausa: always faithful. trustworthy guys and girls
Benue(dont know their ethnic group :- , just my benue friends) ooo-la la la . . . lets go dancing cheesy If you're looking for a friend to go rocking with . . . benue(both guys and babes)
Benin: my only benin friend is a very reliable weirdo . . lol . . he's a true friend in happy times and bad times. more like a brother. very retrospective and very unique. not sure i'll judge Edos with his standard. his standards are too high.
rivers: rockers cheesy
cameroonians . . biggest rockers cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by somalia5: 12:13am On Sep 13, 2012
i like the somalis they are beutiful
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by hardniola(m): 5:58pm On Sep 18, 2012
love the yorubas represent everywhere they go
likw this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chuzb9fZ8v8&feature=player_detailpage

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by birdman(m): 8:12am On Oct 01, 2012
simplicity of the hausas. I am always blown away when I meet an educated Hausa. They are by far the most courteous and non-assuming of people.

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Rossikk(m): 9:13pm On Oct 14, 2012
I love Yoruba soups (Yoruba) and Amala.

And I'm Igbo.... (Help!!!) grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by aljharem(m): 8:23pm On Oct 19, 2012
Rossikk: I love Yoruba soups (Yoruba) and Amala.

And I'm Igbo.... (Help!!!) grin grin grin

LOL you should try Abula (Gbegiri, ewedu and goat stew) with Amala, the best money can buy wink

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by somegirl1: 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2012
Hausas - content, love their own
Fulanis - content, love their own, slender features, beauty, traditional
Yorubas - friendly, open, educated, fun, traditional
Igbo - industrious, beauty, educated, language, food, traditional attire
Urhobo - laid back, friendly, traditional attire
Bini - good looking men, language, names, traditional attire
Efik/ Ibibio - laid back, open, beauty, traditional attire
Ijaw/ kalabari - traditional attire, language

source: my observation. I have never tasted traditional efik/ ibibio food so I can't comment on that.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Sunjos: 11:26am On Oct 21, 2012
sarutobie: First am ibo,but despite the trends of ongoing ethnic bashings here on nairalnad and the country,there are certain things I really like about some ehtnic group/tribes.Some of which are..
1.YORUBA LANGUAGE-i find the yoruba language appealing(especially when they sing in their language).Had a friend who taught me some words until he graduated from school
2.CALABAR CUISINES-when I represented my school(FUTO) in the pre-nuga games(chess) in calabar,I experienced for myself the wonder that is calabar dishes.delicios,cheap and their environmnt is clean too
3.ACCOMODATING NATURE OF THE TIVS
..These are some of the positive qualities which our country is endowed with.Nairaland peeps share what you like about other tribes..
you forgot the GBAGYI people. So peace loving and accomodating.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Ogonimilitant(m): 1:13pm On Oct 26, 2012
I am an Ijaw man. I love Igbos so much for their hard working spirit. Never say die attitude and strong will.

Yoruba for their spirit of protecting their own people no matter how bad.

Hausa for being very straight in their dealings

I love all the tribes in Nigeria except Ikwerres. I don't know why they are in rivers state. Their Igbo brothers disown them too.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by AndreUweh(m): 1:24am On Oct 27, 2012
Ogoni militant: I am an Ijaw man. I love Igbos so much for their hard working spirit. Never say die attitude and strong will.

I love all the tribes in Nigeria except Ikwerres. I don't know why they are in rivers state. Their Igbo brothers disown them too.
Please do not any more hate Ndi Ikwerre. A lot of them are coming back to their senses. A mother does not throw away a child and soappy water. The Igbo have welcomed most Ndikwerre who went astray but have found their way back to Igboland.
God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Afam4eva(m): 5:23pm On Oct 28, 2012
Ogoni militant: I am an Ijaw man. I love Igbos so much for their hard working spirit. Never say die attitude and strong will.

How can you be IJaw and also be an Ogoni militant #justcurious
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by nowistheappoint: 6:05pm On Oct 30, 2012
Hello! Let me remine that God's first mandate was to be fruitful and multiply -- there were noI am new to Nairaland. I stumbled onto this forum when looking for polyandrous cultures and societies. I am an American female of color and thought it a curious societal practice. I read the entries (mostly from 2010) so I guess I am a bit late but I will still speak my piece on it. One thing I read was entered by a Christian who said God would punish those who practice polyandry. Let me remind that God's first mandate was to be fruitful and multiply -- there were no other stipulations. Against the advice of the prophets the children of Israel desired to be ruled by Kinds -- that's really when all the rules got screwed up. But after that Christ came and in his own words said in Luke 20 that the c hildren of the resurrection are not given in marriage. If ou are a born again Christian then you are a child of the resurrection. God is love and only He can aptly define administer it. I wondered about this practice for two reasons -- (1) I wanted to know if there was such a practice and (2) wanted to know its viability. I was thinking about the practice myself because I find there are too many unhappy men. Women today (especially those who consider themselves to be Christians) really need to study the posture and purpose of the woman of God to the men of God. We were put here to serve and support -- not nag and debase. I get so tired of hearing women disrespect their men in public, breaking their hearts and spirits. In scripture it is written that the women are to rune the household, provide and prepare the food, provide the clothing, rise early to make sure the children are tended to and that the husband has been fed and food to take with him. A well kept man is known in the marketplace because of how well kept he appears according to the word. We have it so twisted. I would be willing to care for several men the way the should be treated for my roof. transportation and respect -- to be loved as Christ loved the church. Read to show yourself approved. Treat your husbands right before I do it for you.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Awbade: 7:50pm On Oct 31, 2012
So every tribes in west africa has alot in comment, same attitude, same look, dumb, and pretty much like white people than their parents. pretty much like what we call nowadays ''NIGGERS'' bignosed non civilazed naked monkeys, you can't see the diff between a monkey and a Bantu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River / Ooni Of Ogunwusi And His Wife, Wuraola In USA. Updates!!! Lots Of Pictures / Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates His 77th Birthday With Youngest Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.