Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,078 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:39 AM

What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? (49339 Views)

Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People / Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / The 250+ Tribes/ethnic Groups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by MetaPhysical: 10:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
Odumchi,

Im surprised to see a thread created by you strictly for Igbo speaking groups. Im shocked that such practise is allowed here at all. Can you imagine if I open a thread and strictly for those who speak Yoruba Eno and excluded all others from awareness of what we are discussing..or even more so if i invite arabic speakers only and we converse in here in arabic only. Think about the perception.

This is cultural section, we should welcome awareness, not hidden agenda and spite.
Please take your thread out of here, this is an unwelcome practice.

This is my second time complaining to you mods on such arrogance from Igbo members on this forum. Do not start here what will later become your regret. If this thread is not corrected and the practice not stopped i will take it above you to the mods. If they fail to act you will begin to see Arabic only threads on this forum.

I dont need to post link so dont ask me for one, you know what thread im talking about.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by AndreUweh(m): 11:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
MetaPhysical: Odumchi,

Im surprised to see a thread created by you strictly for Igbo speaking groups. Im shocked that such practise is allowed here at all. Can you imagine if I open a thread and strictly for those who speak Yoruba Eno and excluded all others from awareness of what we are discussing..or even more so if i invite arabic speakers only and we converse in here in arabic only. Think about the perception.

This is cultural section, we should welcome awareness, not hidden agenda and spite.

This is my second time complaining to you mods on such arrogance from Igbo members on this forum. Do not start here what will later become your regret. If this thread is not corrected and the practice not stopped i will take it above you to the mods. If they fail to act you will begin to see Arabic only threads on this forum.

I dont need to post link so dont ask me for one, you know what thread im talking about.

In the culture section, you are allowed to write in any language outside English lang. Please check the rules once again.
Culture section is the only place indigenous languages are allowed to flourish. Deal with ok.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Fulaman198(m): 12:02am On Oct 07, 2013
MetaPhysical: Odumchi,

Odumchi is a moderator friend. As Uweh mentioned, they have a right to open a thread for Igbo people/speakers only. Feel free to do the same for your ethnic group. Enjoy
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by MetaPhysical: 7:07am On Oct 07, 2013
Andre Uweh:
In the culture section, you are allowed to write in any language outside English lang. Please check the rules once again.
Culture section is the only place indigenous languages are allowed to flourish. Deal with ok.

Thanks Andrew

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by MetaPhysical: 7:09am On Oct 07, 2013
Fulaman198:

Odumchi is a moderator friend. As Uweh mentioned, they have a right to open a thread for Igbo people/speakers only. Feel free to do the same for your ethnic group. Enjoy

I heard and understand. 'will note going forward.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Azboy34(m): 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2013
ZASHI AREWA... D tribe i luv most are D HAUSAS. How i wish am a northerner. What i love most abt d hausa z their Language, Food, Music, der mode of dressing( Strictly Islam ways of dressin) and d last bt not d least is der LADIES( haa hausa gal too fyn walai no b small). Though, i am a Yoruba Guy bt i wish to marry and i must marry an Hausa gal. Proudly an Arewa in waiting. Inaso kagi hausa walai..sai'walai!
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2013
Migan: I'd much rather see a nice thread like this versus those very nasty back and forths I have saw on many of the other threads on here. As an american born Afrikan (so called African American), it really disheartens and sickens me. It reminds me of some of the of the factors that led to Afrikans selling each other into slavery. But this thread is nice

GREAT! I am so happy to see some positivity here! What an excellent comment. As an Oyinbo who knows and loves Naija I have been so disappointed by the negative tribal remarks I sometimes see on a few threads here. (Thankfully they are in a minority) It is so wonderful to see a group of people NOT JUST ACCEPTING EACH OTHERS DIVERSITY BUT CELEBRATING IT!

As we say in Ireland - More power to you all!
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by pricelessj7: 12:41pm On Nov 07, 2013
I love the Igbo's cos they are very industrious
I love the Akwa Ibomites because of their oneness.They are also very good cooks.I do have a predelection for their afang soup
I love the Yorubas cos of their respectful gestures esp to the elders

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by jahbiz: 12:53am On Nov 12, 2013
I
love Igbos because "begging" for money isn't part of their life unlike my
Yoruba people and Hausa. I also love their business sense.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by ChristyG(f): 4:37pm On Nov 12, 2013
jahbiz: I
it remain small for u to make sense,must u insult other groups cos u want to praise one,very idiotic comment.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by USADiasporan: 3:39am On Nov 20, 2013
I really like this thread. Very helpful in learning about the groups, and has a positive bent. Great job!
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by ladionline: 10:51am On Nov 24, 2013
Azboy34: ZASHI AREWA... D tribe i luv most are D HAUSAS. How i wish am a northerner. What i love most abt d hausa z their Language, Food, Music, der mode of dressing( Strictly Islam ways of dressin) and d last bt not d least is der LADIES( haa hausa gal too fyn walai no b small). Though, i am a Yoruba Guy bt i wish to marry and i must marry an Hausa gal. Proudly an Arewa in waiting. Inaso kagi hausa walai..sai'walai!
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by ladionline: 11:03am On Nov 24, 2013
Azboy34: ZASHI AREWA... D tribe i luv most are D HAUSAS. How i wish am a northerner. What i love most abt d hausa z their Language, Food, Music, der mode of dressing( Strictly Islam ways of dressin) and d last bt not d least is der LADIES( haa hausa gal too fyn walai no b small). Though, i am a Yoruba Guy bt i wish to marry and i must marry an Hausa gal. Proudly an Arewa in waiting. Inaso kagi hausa walai..sai'walai!
I owe you one, AZBOY northerners are great people, indeed peaceful lot. Kaenji Ko? I love naija folks, the historic fon, the industrious ibos, on the move across naija cities and town, the schoolish yoruba, nice and hardworking folks, (London, no, Georgia, no, brain drain on my mind). The enterprising Habe hausa/fulani, and all the mix that make us strong. one love. And AZBOY, I pray that all your dreams come true, bros.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Chartey(m): 11:13pm On Nov 24, 2013
Hausa girls are not all that beautiful. They're dark and stocky just like the Yoruba and other tribes.. Maybe you meant Fulani girls. Nobody should bring that 'Hausa-Fulani' fallacy here o.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Fulaman198(m): 2:33am On Nov 25, 2013
Chartey:
Hausa girls are not all that beautiful. They're dark and stocky just like the Yoruba and other tribes.. Maybe you meant Fulani girls. Nobody should bring that 'Hausa-Fulani' fallacy here o.

Hausa women are indeed beautiful, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Please don't say such ignorant rubbish.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by cadanre(m): 1:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Upon all your years in Owerri (FUTO), you never knew that Ibo is incorrect. What a shame to some Igbo recent graduates.

Don't blame him. I for many years have been coming across complaints that Igbo language is vanishing. They prefer to teach their children English language than their mother tongue.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by cadanre(m): 1:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
Chartey:

I feel sorry for you because you are envious of Hausas beauty. Whether you aggree or not, they are beautiful, and everyone knows that, except people like you who envy them.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by cadanre(m): 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
jahbiz: I

I love Igbos too because they are the only one who tries to makes money by whatever means. They are the first people to build baby factories (Abia, Imo and Enugu) where women are being impregnated (Recent case of Dr. Uzoma in Imo) and whe they deliver, they were paid 100k for the babies. Business is good.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Chartey(m): 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
cadanre:

I love Igbos too because they are the only one who tries to makes money by whatever means. They are the first people to build baby factories (Abia, Imo and Enugu) where women are being impregnated (Recent case of Dr. Uzoma in Imo) and whe they deliver, they were paid 100k for the babies. Business is good.
You were angry when I made a honest and unbiased post devoid of insult about the Hausa and here you are insulting Igbos(I'm not even Igbo) to high heavens. Look at yourself in a mirror please!

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Chartey(m): 2:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
cadanre:

I feel sorry for you because you are envious of Hausas beauty. Whether you aggree or not, they are beautiful, and everyone knows that, except people like you who envy them.
I don't "envy" the Hausa. I don't hate either. I've got very good Hausa friends. I just pointed out the mistake people make in confusing the Hausa with the Fulani. The real Hausa have the same features as other Nigerian tribes(unless you want to dishonestly disagree).

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Fulaman198(m): 4:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
Chartey:
I don't "envy" the Hausa. I don't hate either. I've got very good Hausa friends. I just pointed out the mistake people make in confusing the Hausa with the Fulani. The real Hausa have the same features as other Nigerian tribes(unless you want to dishonestly disagree).

Let me tell you something else as a Fulani man. Your false belief that Fulani look different too is false. Being the most widespread ethnic group in Africa, we have features that are diverse even within the same ethnic group. If you believe that we are light complexioned when the majority of us are not, then you don't have much interaction with Fulani people. From Baaba Maal a Senegalese Fulani to Former president of Cameroon Ahmadu Ahidjo, there is no particular way a Fulani looks. We have the most subgroups in an of west Africa.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Chartey(m): 5:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
Fulaman198:

Let me tell you something else as a Fulani man. Your false belief that Fulani look different too is false. Being the most widespread ethnic group in Africa, we have features that are diverse even within the same ethnic group. If you believe that we are light complexioned when the majority of us are not, then you don't have much interaction with Fulani people. From Baaba Maal a Senegalese Fulani to Former president of Cameroon Ahmadu Ahidjo, there is no particular way a Fulani looks. We have the most subgroups in an of west Africa.
I infact understand the diversity of the Fulani people across West Africa. There was a time I even suspected Yaya Toure was Fulani( i haven't confirmed). The thing is, I just said what was enough to answer that gentleman. And i don't think what I said was wrong. Or can you honestly say the Hausa look different from most other Nigerian tribes?
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Adamskuty(m): 6:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
Chartey:
I infact understand the diversity of the Fulani people across West Africa. There was a time I even suspected Yaya Toure was Fulani( i haven't confirmed). The thing is, I just said what was enough to answer that gentleman. And i don't think what I said was wrong. Or can you honestly say the Hausa look different from most other Nigerian tribes?
majority,yes! undecided about 80percent.

Yar'adua looks different for jonathan.

Same with buhari,sanusi lamido sanusi,babangida,abdulsalam e.t.c

what's ur point actually?
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Fulaman198(m): 8:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
Chartey:

I don't think Touré is Fulani. Touré is usually a Mande or Songhai name in Mali and parts of Niger.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Chartey(m): 8:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
Adamskuty: majority,yes! undecided about 80percent.

Yar'adua looks different for jonathan.

Same with buhari,sanusi lamido sanusi,babangida,abdulsalam e.t.c

what's ur point actually?
So you don't know my point and you're quoting me? Those people you listed are not even Hausa. It's better you know what an issue is about before jumping in.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Chartey(m): 9:05pm On Dec 11, 2013
Fulaman198:

I don't think Touré is Fulani. Touré is usually a Mande or Songhai name in Mali and parts of Niger.
Yes you're right. There are people called Touré in Guinea too. Some of these people may be of Fulani origin. Let me share a post(not authoritative though) on Facebook with you.
https://m.facebook.com/fulanitube/posts/336469083114958
It's very expository.
Fulaman, you didn't answer the question though. You know I'm right.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Fulaman198(m): 12:54am On Dec 12, 2013
Chartey:
Yes you're right. There are people called Touré in Guinea too. Some of these people may be of Fulani origin. Let me share a post(not authoritative though) on Facebook with you.
https://m.facebook.com/fulanitube/posts/336469083114958
It's very expository.
Fulaman, you didn't answer the question though. You know I'm right.

You are wrong actually. The Hausa are actually the ones with the unique look. Not to generalise, but Hausa true Hausas are some of the darkest people worldwide and have a very Sudanic look about them.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 12, 2013
Since my knowledge about West African tribes is very limited, I'll praise my fellow East Africans grin

I love Tigray women they are very beautiful, I'm dating a Tigrinya queen at the moment grin

Apart from being our nemesis and traditional enemy, I actually respect the Amhara a lot. I respect them for how they guarded Ethiopia thus making the old country one of the only places in the world that has never been colonised or conquered.

Another one of our traditional enemies but I still like Oromo people, especially the Arsi/Afran Qallu Oromo. They are almost like us Somalis and we marry from each other a lot.

Adari & Afar people are my brothers in arms preserving the old city of Harar and Bab al Mandeb well for us muslims in the East. We share a long and glorious past. We fought side by side against the Portuguese, Amhara, Oromo and their footsoldiers.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Adamskuty(m): 9:07am On Dec 12, 2013
Chartey:
So you don't know my point and you're quoting me? Those people you listed are not even Hausa. It's better you know what an issue is about before jumping in.
loool! Loool,they ain't hausas? What a joke #faints grin grin grin

are u sure u live in nigeria? One can tellthe difference btn a hausa man infact btn 90percent of northern nigerians and southern nigerians grin grin

most hausa's u see today (nigerian hausas) have fulani blood in them.

Why do u think the term hausa/fulani is used on many occasion and not just hausa or fulani ? Infact,scholars says hausa is just a language,and almost every northern ethnic group,from kanuris,tauregs,fulanis and shuwa arabs speak the hausa language
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Chartey(m): 8:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
Adamskuty: loool! Loool,they ain't hausas? What a joke #faints grin grin grin

are u sure u live in nigeria? One can tellthe difference btn a hausa man infact btn 90percent of northern nigerians and southern nigerians grin grin

most hausa's u see today (nigerian hausas) have fulani blood in them.

Why do u think the term hausa/fulani is used on many occasion and not just hausa or fulani ? Infact,scholars says hausa is just a language,and almost every northern ethnic group,from kanuris,tauregs,fulanis and shuwa arabs speak the hausa language
Google is your friend if you don't have original knowledge. People are reading your comments, pls don't disgrace yourself.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Chartey(m): 8:10pm On Dec 12, 2013
Fulaman198:

You are wrong actually. The Hausa are actually the ones with the unique look. Not to generalise, but Hausa true Hausas are some of the darkest people worldwide and have a very Sudanic look about them.

That's close to what i said in my initial post on this thread. You see we've come back to the same place. I wasn't hating. I was just being honest as you've been now.
Chartey:
Maybe I shouldn't have said they were "not all that beautiful". I think that offended the guy who attacked me. Beauty is subjective, so that statement I made was wrong and insensitive.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Fulaman198(m): 8:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
Chartey:
That's close to what i said in my initial post on this thread. You see we've come back to the same place. I wasn't hating. I was just being honest as you've been now.

Maybe I shouldn't have said they were "not all that beautiful". I think that offended the guy who attacked me. Beauty is subjective, so that statement I made was wrong and insensitive.

Correct, as I have told other Nigerians previously, there is nothing wrong with a super dark complexion. I wish I were super dark. I think super dark skin is beautiful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River / Emir Sanusi Meets Pope Francis In Italy (Photos) / Emir Sanusi’s Son, Ashraf Weds Sultana In Abuja (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.