Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? (1588 Views)

Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother / Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner? / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by aristole(m): 12:46pm On Nov 28, 2007
god says that females should not wear males' wears.so i want to know as my younger ones do not wear any other thing aside men's wear.
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by dafidixone(m): 12:56pm On Nov 28, 2007
god says that females should not wear males' wears.so i want to know as younger ones do not wear any other thing aside men's wear.

For anyone to be able to attempt your question I think you have to list all Items you clasified for men only grin Trousers are of different different types if you put on some trousers dog will say you are lipsrsealed And don't forget to put issue of Culcure into consideration when you are making these lists. Fro example some culture in England Men wear Skirt. Do not forget to classify who weras Gown Male or Female? grin
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 28, 2007
In Islam women should not wear clothes that show their bodies . There is no classification as to what they can wear, whether gown or skirt
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by dafidixone(m): 1:03pm On Nov 28, 2007
dafidixone good answer
In Islam women should not wear clothes that show their bodies . There is no classification as to what they can wear, whether gown or skirt

Sorry I have not answer anything grin I only make suggestions that may bring reasonable opinion devoid of argument.

I appreciate your concern grin

Thanks
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by dot2002(m): 1:15pm On Nov 28, 2007
How would Aristotle reasoned with this question on the street of Athens even before the Birth of Jesus Christ and Muhammad (s.w.a). a gentleman talked about kilt in Scotland that is spot on and the list goes on forever as humanity. There was a time when people don't even wear anything, then come technology,
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by denniz(m): 2:24pm On Nov 28, 2007
You see, putting on what belongs to a man and vice versa,is a very BIG abomination before GOD,your Creator. In Deutoromy 22:5 it says "A WOMAN SHOULD NOT WEAR ANYTHING THAT PERTAINS TO A MAN, NOR SHALL A MAN PUT ON A WOMAN'S GARMENT,FOR ALL WHO DO SO ARE AN ABOMINATION UNTO GOD ALMIGHTY"
sO, anyone who does it should stop cos GOD IS ANNOYED WITH THE WICKED EVERYDAY.
thanks
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by dafidixone(m): 2:50pm On Nov 28, 2007
A WOMAN SHOULD NOT WEAR ANYTHING THAT PERTAINS TO A MAN, NOR SHALL A MAN PUT ON A WOMAN'S GARMENT,FOR ALL WHO DO SO ARE AN ABOMINATION UNTO GOD ALMIGHTY"

e.g

grin
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by aristole(m): 5:56pm On Nov 28, 2007
denniz.god bless you.that means whoever goes contrary to god's instruction will be found in hell?in that wise.did he specify the wears for men and women?whatz happening to our ladies;only one of them has responded.
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by denniz(m): 6:32pm On Nov 28, 2007
don't worry @ aristole, the ladies will surcome, please just serve God in spirit and in truth.

[img][/img]WARNING: DON'T USE GOD FOR GRANTED COS HE IS MERCIFUL. YES,BUT HE'S ALSO A GOD OF WORTH. HE GAVE EVERYONE LIVE. ITS NOT OURS.

************ PLEASE RESPECT GOD ALMIGHTY!!!***********
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by ifyalways(f): 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2007
denniz:

don't worry @ aristole, the ladies will surcome, please just serve God in spirit and in truth.

[img][/img]WARNING: DON'T USE GOD FOR GRANTED COS HE IS MERCIFUL. YES,BUT HE'S ALSO A GOD OF WORTH. HE GAVE EVERYONE LIVE. ITS NOT OURS.

************ PLEASE RESPECT GOD ALMIGHTY!!!***********
i dont understand the tone and tune of the grammar undecided
where in the bible pls poster

where i have read in my bible 'women were asked to dress modestly" .
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by denniz(m): 9:58am On Nov 29, 2007
@ify,God said you should dress modestly,right? Ok!!! did God tell you "WHEN DRESSEING PUT ON TROSUERS AND MAKE UPs" NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IN DEUTRONOMY 22:5-"A MAN SHOULDN'T PUT ON THAT THAT BELONGS TO A MAN,AND A WOMAN SHOULD NOT PUT ON THAT BELONGS TO A MAN.FOR THEY THAT DO SO ARE ABOMINATION UNTO GOD"

*******DO U WANT TO BE AN ABOMINATION BEFORE GOD?*********

THEN DON'T PUT ON TROUSERES,ATTACHMENTS ETC

GOD BLESS!!!
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by chychy(f): 10:49am On Nov 29, 2007
Na una know that one oh.

As long as a woman covers her body and is modest about it, y shd it bother anyone?

Depending on how u look at it, a pair of trousers could act as a form of protection from harsh weather conditions, rape ,

Ladies should dress well and be modest abt it, that's all that really counts.
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by yowale: 11:44am On Nov 29, 2007
WHO KNOWS A MANS WEAR?

If a woman dress in trouser and the dressing is decent, isn't it better than all this mini wears and nets that expose 80% of their body?

In the new testament we are told to appear in the way that will glorify God. Let there be moderation in every thing we do. Moreover the Jew men what is there wears like.
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by denniz(m): 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2007
Yes! @chychy,
1st- Trousers is for men alone,

2nd-if u wear it to prevent rape or others,Forgive me but those things will happen to you. But if you hearken to the word of God,he will protect you from those things from happening to you.

Think about that!!! God cares for his people.
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by ifyalways(f): 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2007
denniz:

@ify,God said you should dress modestly,right? Ok!!! did God tell you "WHEN DRESSEING PUT ON TROSUERS AND MAKE UPs" NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IN DEUTRONOMY 22:5-"A MAN SHOULDN'T PUT ON THAT THAT BELONGS TO A MAN,AND A WOMAN SHOULD NOT PUT ON THAT BELONGS TO A MAN.FOR THEY THAT DO SO ARE ABOMINATION UNTO GOD"

*******DO You WANT TO BE AN ABOMINATION BEFORE GOD?*********

THEN DON'T PUT ON TROUSERES,ATTACHMENTS ETC

GOD BLESS!!!
dear me there are troussers sewn for women too.now do you go to scotland or england where men do wear skirts to tell them its a sin?wake up.its high time we read and understand our BIBLES and stop sticking to man made rules or norms.the BIBLE never condenmed dressing modestly,putting wigs or make up.it ONLY told us to be moderate in every thing we do.come to think of it,i use neither wigs,attachments nor make up because i don't know how to or don't feel comfortable with it but that does not make me holy or a sinner.i have not read where its wriiten in the bible that those things are satanic anyway.wearing troussers is not a criteria for making or not making heaven plssssssssssss.its the life we live and our heart towards our maker that counts.

i do wear troussers and would keep wearing it as long as it fits.
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by aristole(m): 10:42am On Nov 30, 2007
What will you even tell those in the water-side of the country ( I mean the edos and deltas) that their men tie wrapper?Don't you think we are attaching tradition and culture into God's instructions.God did not indicate which wears are appropriate for doth males and females.
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by denniz(m): 10:59am On Nov 30, 2007
@ Ify,
If instead you accepted Christ as your Saviour,why do you follow the things of the world Nigeria and America is not the one country, if all the ladies there put on trousers and make-ups.Why must we copy them Don't say we are in the 21st century and so? It doesn't fit a woman for God said its an abomination before him. Put on that which belongs to a woman. Leave what others are doing and follow the precepts of Christ.

Even if the world laughs at you,you will get your reward from the Lord your creator.

REMEMBER DEUTRONOMY 22:5
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by ifyalways(f): 3:06pm On Nov 30, 2007
denniz:

@ Ify,
If instead you accepted Christ as your Saviour,why do you follow the things of the world Nigeria and America is not the one country, if all the ladies there put on trousers and make-ups.Why must we copy them Don't say we are in the 21st century and so? It doesn't fit a woman for God said its an abomination before him. Put on that which belongs to a woman. Leave what others are doing and follow the precepts of Christ.

Even if the world laughs at you,you will get your reward from the Lord your creator.

REMEMBER DEUTRONOMY 22:5
Mr man you are being uneccesarily sentimental and it wont help anybody.when did wearing troussers or not wearing it become a criteria for making heaven?and who said we are copying who?heb 12v1 is clear enough,we have to be holy to see God .does wearing troussers make one unholy?does it defile one and if yes how?i repeat there are troussers meant for women and those meant for men.troussers i wear are not too tight on me and are very ok on me.so who is saying otherwise here.abeg save yourself the breath,read your bible and ask for the holy spirit to interprete it and minster to your heart.dont let man made norms and belief control your mind.wearing troussers and worshipping God in spirit and in truth is far more better than wearing long shirts and skirts but still living in sin.
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by denniz(m): 4:20pm On Nov 30, 2007
ifyalways:

Mr man you are being uneccesarily sentimental and it wont help anybody.when did wearing troussers or not wearing it become a criteria for making heaven?and who said we are copying who?heb 12v1 is clear enough,we have to be holy to see God .does wearing troussers make one unholy?does it defile one and if yes how?i repeat there are troussers meant for women and those meant for men.troussers i wear are not too tight on me and are very ok on me.so who is saying otherwise here.abeg save yourself the breath,read your bible and ask for the holy spirit to interprete it and minster to your heart.don't let man made norms and belief control your mind.wearing troussers and worshipping God in spirit and in truth is far more better than wearing long shirts and skirts but still living in sin.

@ ify,why don't u want to change? "God is too holy to behold sin" Wearing of trousers is an abomination before God. And its a Sin!!! Example- If you stand before God Almighty who sits on his throne and you put on trousers Even if there are trousers for men and women now but thats no excuse. the trousers you wear is an imitation from men's wear. Even if you say you are a christain and wear trousers,God is not pleased with you. ALWAYS DO SOMETHING THAT GIVES GOD GLORY AT ALL TIMES. Ok,as you wear the truosers,ask yourself,does my wearing of truosers pleases the Mighty One
Those that wear skirt and commit sin are BACKSILIDERS. God will have mercy. Those that wear skirt are obeying God's commandment by not putting on TROUSERS but those that put on trousers and "think" they serve God in spirit and in truth are deceiving their own selves cos they are disobeying God's commandments.

***JUST OBEY GOD'S COMMAND AND SEE BLESSINGS FOLLOWING YOU ALWAYS***
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by ifyalways(f): 4:39pm On Nov 30, 2007
denniz:

@ ify,why don't u want to change? "God is too holy to behold sin" Wearing of trousers is an abomination before God. And its a Sin!!! Example- If you stand before God Almighty who sits on his throne and you put on trousers Even if there are trousers for men and women now but thats no excuse. the trousers you wear is an imitation from men's wear. Even if you say you are a christain and wear trousers,God is not pleased with you. ALWAYS DO SOMETHING THAT GIVES GOD GLORY AT ALL TIMES. Ok,as you wear the truosers,ask yourself,does my wearing of truosers pleases the Mighty One
Those that wear skirt and commit sin are BACKSILIDERS. God will have mercy. Those that wear skirt are obeying God's commandment by not putting on TROUSERS but those that put on trousers and "think" they serve God in spirit and in truth are deceiving their own selves because they are disobeying God's commandments.

***JUST OBEY GOD'S COMMAND AND SEE BLESSINGS FOLLOWING YOU ALWAYS***
and who says God has not blessed me and wud countinue to bless me?i feel comfortable in whatever i wear whilist talking to my creator and there has been answered prayers,so who cares huh?pls keep your man made doctrines for yourself,your sisters or better still some naive gal down your street and not me.

mr obeying commandments,man made commandments.
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by denniz(m): 8:09pm On Nov 30, 2007
@ify,Ok, move ahead with your life. Do the things that pleases God always. Remember,the life you live is a borrowed one. Its God that has your spirit, soul and body.  Putting on trousers doesn't please God.

MAY THE LORD THROUGH HIS SPIRIT TEACH YOU!!!!!
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by stranger26(f): 12:23am On Dec 01, 2007
In islam, it is wrong to imitate the opposite gender. As such, it is a sin for a man to imitate women and for a woman to imitate men. However, Islam leaves it to cultural discretion; if in your culture, women wear a certain cloth then it is wrong for a man to wear it and vice versa. For example, in Scotland, men traditionally wear kilts which to us would be ridiculous, men don't go around wearing skirts in Nigeria! In India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, etc, the indigenous clothes for wen is the shalwar kameez which is very loose pants and a long top. So in that culture, its totally acceptable for a woman to wear pants.

Looking at the world of today, there are trousers for women and trousers for men worldwide; it is not exclusively for one gender. So wearing women's trousers does not come under imitating men. It is alright for a woman to wear women's trousers with a long top (knee-length or longer) as long as all her body is covered, her shape doesn't show and she is dressed modestly. Of course, wearing a tight pair of jeans or three-quarter pants with a tight or revealing shirt is NOT acceptable outdoors. But then she could wear that when she's alone with her family.
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by denniz(m): 9:33am On Dec 01, 2007
The makers of trousers are going aganist the Law of God. Truosers are for men alone. Nothing like trousers for men and women, NO!!!

Stop it!!! Its abomination before God Almighty
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by metro(m): 11:09am On Dec 01, 2007
@Denniz
If instead you accepted Christ as your Saviour,why do you follow the things of the world Nigeria and America is not the one country, if all the ladies there put on trousers and make-ups.Why must we copy them Don't say we are in the 21st century and so

i want want to wonder wut part of the world u are from please i mean no insults but it wuold seem to me if u dont want to live up to the 21st century stop watching TV and using this computer please and like our fore fathers uyou may want to wear whatever de wore cos it was not trousers they wore. truth is the bible did not tell us if trousers were for men afterall Jesus christ was not particularly mentioned wearing a trouser and shirt i m sure the Jews of this time dont wear what Jesus wore please we should not help to rewrite the bible a girl should wear a trouser if its a female trouser or will u tell a bini man in Nigeria not to wear a skirt or and Urhobo man not to tire is wrapper dat is their traditional atire watch it wen next you define d bible pleaseeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by dot2002(m): 11:09am On Dec 01, 2007
why are boys obsessed with curve and bumps on women! i wear what I'm comfortable in. If God likes it good, if God doesn't good too, . As long as i feed the poor, help the faint hearted or do what i think is morally right, i don't care what one cleric or religious bigot wrote. underwear for men is differently tailored to that used by women, the trouser is tailored differently too not if you haven't noticed, women trousers are tailored to cater for the Afro-lady bulky azz and the men trousers are tailored to ensure our men tight azz. Not that most religious loners would have noticed.
when we accepted other people's religion, we also accepted there cultural influences, i have seen Muslim and Christian sister wear shorts, minis and denims and i have not seen God condemned them to hell inferno, but i have seen our religious bigots and freaks try persuade God most cherished creature to cover up so that they are only seen inside the house, selfish pricks, no wonder you are still a loner.
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by aristole(m): 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2007
Can't someone answer a simple question.Don't let us deviate so that we logically settle this casesad1) Are you saying men from the east will go to hell? cos they also tie wrapper (2) And will God judge us differently i.e country by country?becos he didnt say americans;you are allowed and Nigerians;you are disallowed. (3) Is there seperate Bible for the Americans? (4) Will all females that wear trousers in America will not make heaven. You see,nobody is imitating anybody.Since there is no specification by God; I think everybody should just dress moderately.Our first parents (Adams & Eve) did not put on anything when created and later advancement (sin) made them to use animals' hides and skin just to cover their unclothedness.Please I need somebody who is very vast in the Bible to just quote where God says Trousers are for men!
Please answer my above questions before you opposse
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by tollu: 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2007
Where in the bible or koran did God say "Men, u go with trousers because you have 2 legs and women you go with skirts because ur two legs are actually one and you don't need to be comfortable"?
Let's stop being myopic and let's leave our ancestors' views behind.
This issue is an overflogged one and i really hate to type so whoever has any problem with the above should go look his/her bible up. Properly.
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by denniz(m): 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2007
tollu:

Where in the bible or koran did God say "Men, u go with trousers because you have 2 legs and women you go with skirts because your two legs are actually one and you don't need to be comfortable"?
Let's stop being myopic and let's leave our ancestors' views behind.
This issue is an overflogged one and i really hate to type so whoever has any problem with the above should go look his/her bible up. Properly.
@Tolu,
Try to understand that wearing truosers is a big sin b4 God. God musn't say trousers are for men with 2 legs and women with skirt. Trousers belongs to the men and men alone. no intimidiary. the Bible says-THE LORD IS ANGRY WITH THE WICKED EVERYDAY. Going contrary to God's word is wickedness. Read Deutronomy 22:5.
GOD HELP YOU!!!!
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by aristole(m): 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2007
denniz.quote the particular place in the Bible wher He specified.don't turn bible to suit your claim.enough of all these blind tradition.it is simply tradition that has attached itself greatly to our religion.
Re: Is It Biblical,islamical Or Whaetever For Females Wearing Trousers? by seyenko(m): 5:02pm On Jun 03, 2009
You must remember that the bible is also a book of the tradition of israelite, the issue of dress code in the bible applies to the israelites and not to the whole wide world. For instance you cannot say that women living in temperate countries should not wear trousers. The bible also says that wool, linen etc should not be worn remember that in cold countries you cannot wear cotton clothing all year round

(1) (Reply)

A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists / Mary Worship And The Immaculate Deception! / After Hell Fire The Next Worse Thing Is Bad Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.