Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists (1589 Views)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by Atheists: 10:16pm On Sep 23, 2009
Originally l am   from Zimbabwe and when l came here l didn't expect to find vocal free thinkers, skeptics, agnostics and atheists who start god bashing threads every five minutes   grin Considering that Nigerian is considered  the most spiritual country in the world this has shocked me.
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by huxley(m): 10:20pm On Sep 23, 2009
Atheists:

Originally l am from Zimbabwean and when l came here l didn't expect to find vocal free thinkers, skeptics, agnostics and atheists who start god bashing threads every five minutes and remind religious zealots about their stupidity grin Considering that Nigerian is considered the most spiritual country in the world this has shocked me

Unfortunately, we are a very very small minority in this sea of delusional and superstitious religionists. The least we can do is to up our activism. The arc is long, but it always curve towards rationality (to paraphrase M L King).
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by Abuzola(m): 10:21pm On Sep 23, 2009
Wow, welcome on board, i hope huxlex, tudor, and mazaje could read this
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by maedan(f): 10:24pm On Sep 23, 2009
Nigeria, considered the most spiritual country in the world? Great piece of info you got there. I didn't know! Thanks for that, at least tongue. To me that's a positive thing!

Enjoy your thread!
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 23, 2009
huxley:

Unfortunately, we are a very very small minority in this sea of delusional and superstitious religionists.   The least we can do is to up our activism.  The arc is long, but it always curve towards rationality (to paraphrase M L King).

To start with you're not Nigerian.

Secondly atheists are not a very small minoritty in nigeria, there are actually a lot more who (unfortunately like you and numerous others on these boards) are cowards who dont have the conviction and guts to openly declare their godless status but prefer internet bullying.

Thirdly . . . and this goes to atheist too . . . i have often raised the fact that these spurious atheists are NEVER to be found tackling gods from other religions . . . they only seem most fixated on the bible, christianity and Jesus Christ. One would be tempted to think christianity is not a mere 1/6th of the world's population.

Face it . . . atheists are simply anti-christians.
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by blacksta(m): 10:25pm On Sep 23, 2009
A fool in his heart says their is no God.
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by huxley(m): 10:27pm On Sep 23, 2009
blacksta:

A fool in his heart says their is no God.

Anyone who calls another fool will go to hell. Matt 5: 22.
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by huxley(m): 10:28pm On Sep 23, 2009
davidylan:

Secondly atheists are not a very small minoritty in nigeria, there are actually a lot more who (unfortunately like you and numerous others on these boards) are cowards who dont have the conviction and guts to openly declare their godless status but prefer internet bullying.

Thirdly . . . and this goes to atheist too . . . i have often raised the fact that these spurious atheists are NEVER to be found tackling gods from other religions . . . they only seem most fixated on the bible, christianity and Jesus Christ. One would be tempted to think christianity is not a mere 1/6th of the world's population.

Did you not just decline my challenge for a 20-20 question debate? Coward! Be a man and take it up.
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 23, 2009
huxley:

Did you not just decline my challenge for a 20-20 question debate? Coward! Be a man and take it up.

Declining to engage you in any form of debate does not preclude me from responding to other threads i wish to participate in.

Its nothing to do with cowardice . . . to accuse me of that is laughable at best, stupid hypocrisy at worst. Do we need to rehash the number of threads you have fled from when your own porous knowledge was exposed?

sorry there is nothing to take up . . . arguing with you (to borrow Barney Frank's quote) is like arguing with a dining room table.
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by huxley(m): 10:34pm On Sep 23, 2009
davidylan:

Declining to engage you in any form of debate does not preclude me from responding to other threads i wish to participate in.

Its nothing to do with cowardice . . . to accuse me of that is laughable at best, stupid hypocrisy at worst. Do we need to rehash the number of threads you have fled from when your own porous knowledge was exposed?

sorry there is nothing to take up . . . arguing with you (to borrow Barney Frank's quote) is like arguing with a dining room table.

When I get this sort of reaction I know I have touched a sore point.  This is great - so all by barbs are actually getting in.
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 23, 2009
huxley:

When I get this sort of reaction I know I have touched a sore point. This is great - so all by bards are actually getting in.

dont believe your own hype, i'm only in the mood to respond to you today.
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by huxley(m): 10:47pm On Sep 23, 2009
davidylan:

It is a problem that he is not Nigerian? The minds (if indeed they can be called minds) of Christians are always turned towards sectarianism as surely as Jesus's was. You see how Christianity damages the mind?
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by mazaje(m): 10:55pm On Sep 23, 2009
davidylan:

This deluded goon is at it again crying all the time that atheist only attack christians. . .the lie these fools tell themselves so that they can feel important and keep on dancing in their mythical delusion. . . in fact all the atheist here were raised or forced to believe in the christian myth without their consents since when they were kids. . .There are atheist moslems boards on line and they use the koran and mohammed when declaring that god does not exist. . .no matter how you keep lying to your self your lie will never become the truth. . . .

When has this fool ever tackled any religion apart from islam. . . the fact that hypocrites like you are most fixated on the koran and no religion else says that christianity is simply anti islam. . . idiot. . . .
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by mazaje(m): 11:01pm On Sep 23, 2009
Atheists:

Originally l am   from Zimbabwe and when l came here l didn't expect to find vocal free thinkers, skeptics, agnostics and atheists who start god bashing threads every five minutes   grin Considering that Nigerian is considered  the most spiritual country in the world this has shocked me.

Sprituality or delusion. . .Nigeria is the country with the highest number of deluded fools in the world. . . .their delusion is super crazy. . .even the white men and arabs that brought christianity and islam are not as deluded as Nigerians. . . .
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 23, 2009
huxley:

It is a problem that he is not Nigerian? The minds (if indeed they can be called minds) of Christians are always turned towards sectarianism as surely as Jesus's was. You see how Christianity damages the mind?

Actually i was referring to you not him. The problem here is not the christian mind but your own lack of comprehension.
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by RiffRaff: 12:24am On Sep 24, 2009
@ poster
thanks 4 d shout of.
@ how religious are people in Zimbabwe, i hope they are not as deluded as Nigerians?
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by Atheists: 1:12am On Sep 24, 2009
@ poster
thanks 4 d shout of.
@ how religious are people in Zimbabwe, i hope they are not as deluded as Nigerians?

They are just as deluded as Nigerians if not worse. They believe that all atheists are satanists and the bible is the infallible word of god. It is really sad to try and argue with them about the existence of god
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by Nobody: 1:14am On Sep 24, 2009
Atheists:

They are just as deluded as Nigerians if not worse. They believe that all atheists are satanists and the bible is the infallible word of god. It is really sad to try and argue with them about the existence of god

Have you proven to them that God doesnt exist?
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by bawomolo(m): 1:54am On Sep 24, 2009
wassup how is mugabe treating you cheesy

dawodu, when would you let this argument go. come on dawg, do u really believe this.

Have you spoken about your hate of allah in the middle of mushin?
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by Nobody: 1:55am On Sep 24, 2009
bawomolo:

wassup how is mugabe treating you cheesy

dawodu, when would you let this argument go. come on dawg, do u really believe this.

you dont need to go to mushin to speak out against religion . . . when you claim to be an atheist but focus 110% of your time on Jesus Christ and the bible then i know your real problem is not religion per se
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by bawomolo(m): 1:57am On Sep 24, 2009
davidylan:

you dont need to go to mushin to speak out against religion . . . when you claim to be an atheist but focus 110% of your time on Jesus Christ and the bible then i know your real problem is not religion per se

do u think the average atheist does that.

It's obvious to see that we are equally disgusted by the likes of abuzola. i have no problem talking about scams like scientology either.
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by Nobody: 2:03am On Sep 24, 2009
bawomolo:

do u think the average atheist does that.

It's obvious to see that we are equally disgusted by the likes of abuzola. i have no problem talking about scams like scientology either.

most vocal atheists seem to be against christianity alone. When atheists make books like "a case against god" . . . do you think the "God" in question is allah? grin
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by bawomolo(m): 2:47am On Sep 24, 2009
davidylan:

most vocal atheists seem to be against christianity alone. When atheists make books like "a case against god" . . . do you think the "God" in question is allah? grin

Yes a majority of books by Western Atheists attack Christianity but there are still some who go after islam, hinduism and the likes.

Religions like Sikhism and co do get a pass considering they aren't as visible as Christianity or Islam. I've seen a few atheists on sikh or hindu message boards though.

They abuse they get on the sikh board is hillarious grin
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by SeanT21(f): 3:52am On Sep 24, 2009
Atheists:

Originally l am from Zimbabwe and when l came here l didn't expect to find vocal free thinkers, skeptics, agnostics and atheists who start god bashing threads every five minutes grin Considering that Nigerian is considered the most spiritual country in the world this has shocked me.

Really undecided
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by chic2pimp(m): 4:06am On Sep 24, 2009
^^^^ U just stole my thunder. Abeg Make u help me ask am ?
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by Abuzola(m): 6:29am On Sep 24, 2009
@david, who told you atheist are anti christian, you must be sick
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by Tudor6(f): 6:50am On Sep 24, 2009
bawomolo:

wassup how is mugabe treating you  cheesy

Don't mind davidylan he prefers internet bullying instead of openly declaring allah as a demon god. Is that not what jesus woulda done?
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by Abuzola(m): 7:00am On Sep 24, 2009
No mind dawod
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by mazaje(m): 7:05am On Sep 24, 2009
Abuzola:

No mind dawod

Abuzola. . .I have a picture of davidylan do you want. . . . grin grin grin grin. . . .
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by Tudor6(f): 7:18am On Sep 24, 2009
mazaje:

Abuzola. . .I have a picture of davidylan do you want. . . . grin grin grin grin. . . .
h a ha ha ha grin grin grin
You wan't david to piss in his pants? cheesy cheesy
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by Atheists: 7:23am On Sep 24, 2009
Have you proven to them that God doesnt exist?

The virus of faith is a hard one to remove grin
Re: A Shout Out To All Nairaland Atheists by manmustwac(m): 10:03am On Sep 24, 2009
Atheists:

The virus of faith is a hard one to remove grin
To think that Africans would rather endure poverty while thier leaders are looting the treasury because of the word faith and the imaginary man that exist in thier imagination. Welcome to Nairaland Ahiests wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do Reverend Fathers Know About Marriages? / Is The Punishment Justified? / Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.