Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. (3186 Views)

Should I Marry The Lady That Loves Me Or The Lady I Love / When The Wrong One Loves You Right. / How Do You Know That A Girl or Boy Really Loves You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by Eclairs: 1:43pm On Nov 28, 2007
Dont know if this has already been discussed but thought I wld throw it to the house cz I wish to knw which is more ideal.

To get married to the one you love or the one tht loves you.

A mate has been leading a girl on for 12yrs girl A and at the same time chasing another girl for 9yrs girl B and has come to me for advice as to what he shd do. I have told him to stick with the one tht loves him as the one he loves have been playing hard to get.

He reckons he will be happy with the both of them in the long term but girl B is more interesting and fun to be with. However, girl A is more loyal and selfless whereas girl B is quite money concious and proud from his observation.

The true picture is tht girl B is unwilling to commit to him as she thinks the friendship cld well develop into the relationship he desires if he's patient and admits tht he's her ideal man yet, Girl A has told him it's him or nobody and appears to be the one that loves him more.

The problem now is lettin girl A go with the hope tht girl B will say YES eventually. What if she doesn't? He looses on both sides. I've told him he's bein unfair on girl A which he admits but needs advice. Shd be left to sort out his mess but any helpful contribution will be appreciated
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by yimiton(f): 2:14pm On Nov 28, 2007
Making decision is always complicated but made worse when people double date.

On the issue on ground, I think your friend should marry the woman he loves. That is if she agrees to marry him..
If he's afriad she might say no, it will be better to ask her first and then, deal with the problem if she refuses.
Once a woman is married, she's settled, she realizes that her world is built round her home, family and most importantly, her husband. So, she can't wonder around. Instead she'll learn to love her husband since she has no choice.
Once a woman likes you at all, it's easy to make her love you. Just be there for her without chocking her.

But if this man marries the woman that loves him and he doesn't really care about, it will be almost impossible for him to be faithful and he'll end up hurting his family. He'll not respect her and will not really care about her.

conclusively, it's ok for a woman to marry a man whom she's not really crazy about but a man should marry a woman only if he's totally into her and loves her to death.
Remember, even the bible says 'husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the Church and gave Himself up for her'
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by rockiedink(m): 2:23pm On Nov 28, 2007
yimiton:

On the issue on ground, I think your friend should marry the woman he loves. That is if she agrees to marry him..
If he's afriad she might say no, it will be better to ask her first and then, deal with the problem if she refuses.
Once a woman is married, she's settled, she realizes that her world is built round her home, family and most importantly, her husband. So, she can't wonder around. Instead she'll learn to love her husband since she has no choice.
Once a woman likes you at all, it's easy to make her love you. Just be there for her without chocking her.

But if this man marries the woman that loves him and he doesn't really care about, it will be almost impossible for him to be faithful and he'll end up hurting his family. He'll not respect her and will not really care about her.

conclusively, it's ok for a woman to marry a man whom she's not really crazy about but a man should marry a woman only if he's totally into her and loves her to death.
Remember, even the bible says 'husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the Church and gave Himself up for her'

well said. where do you get your inspiration from?
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by yimiton(f): 2:56pm On Nov 28, 2007
Thanks rockiedink,
All God's inspirations in my head.
By the way, I remember eezeebone now and you too.
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2007
i for one will like to get married to d one dat luvs me n dat am in love wit cus one cant marry d one dey hate, but y shud u double date? stop it real fast
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by Ralvy(m): 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2007
Long thing!

Hello Bellychiz, wink
Finally I meet a Nairalander based at Abuja!
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by chychy(f): 4:58pm On Nov 28, 2007

On the issue on ground, I think your friend should marry the woman he loves. That is if she agrees to marry him,

Well said.

Is it possible 4 two pple to love each other @ d same time. Yes d Bible says men shd love their wives, in a case where a guy really loves me n 4 some reason, i can't seem 2 love him back, wat happens?
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by manibuds(m): 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2007
A mate has been leading a girl on for 12yrs girl A and at the same time chasing another girl for 9yrs girl B

yimiton the guy in question is not double dating rather he has a bird in hand but prefares the one in the bush.

he knows deep down inside that girlB doesnt love him,at best she will only be tolerating him if she agrees to be intimate with him.

lets not decieve ourselves many couples had to make this decision, when miss/mr available becomes miss/mr right, espescially when time is running out and girlB or guyB(the scenario works both ways) is not yeilding.
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by Eclairs: 10:25pm On Nov 28, 2007
many thanks.

More contributions plzzz. Reasonable and sensible contribution so far. Wld invite him to come and read them. Appears we all have different views.
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by Eclairs: 10:38pm On Nov 28, 2007
yimiton:

Nice contribution I must confess but the truth of the mata is that He has already told girl B he loves her with the hope she would say Yes or No so he knws where he stands but the response he got was neither a No or a Yes as far as he's concerned. "Lets see how it goes, if the friendship continues like this, I do not see why it can't lead to marraige". I have told him this is a Yes but as the girl in question addresses him as a special friend (not as a boyfriend/lover), he thinks it's an indirect No. The good thing's they still get on really well but sadly my mate doesnt knw his position as far as girl B's concerned and feels he's made a mistake for asking in the first place.
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by iice(f): 4:17am On Nov 29, 2007
@Story. . .hmmm! long years!

I take it that Girl B's pride and money consciousness is no biggie for him.
Why is he wasting his time?  She didn't give him a straight answer and he lets her undecided
He should push for a definite answer so he can get on with his life, however that goes

Does he have feelings for Girl A?  If he cares deeply for her, they could make a good team.
However, seems he thinks Girl B is more interesting. . .which could mean he might fall to more
scintillating company in the future. . .but that's not always the case.  He should think long and
hard about which to choose. 

@Topic, neither. . .only when reciprocated
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by sylvex(f): 8:36am On Nov 29, 2007
from what i see he truly loves Girl B yet she's playing around wit him and is money conscious type, while Girl A is madly in love with him and isn't the money conscious type. Well the only advice here is HE SHUD FOLLOW HIS HEART & USE HIS HEAD.
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by uchetobi(f): 9:37am On Nov 29, 2007
d one that luvs u
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by yimiton(f): 9:51am On Nov 29, 2007
iice:

@Story. . .hmmm! long years!

@Topic, neither. . .only when reciprocated

iice, I agree with you on that. But problem is that most times, love ain't just reciprocal.
There'll be this guy out there you're dying for and he treats you like trash and this other guy who'll do anything to have you and you don't care a hoot about him!
Sometimes, we're lucky enough to have a reciprocal love, when that happens, that is surely the man to settle down with, otherwise, go for the one you'll treat you like a queen as long as you care about him at all and get to love him.
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by ndumart: 3:37pm On Nov 29, 2007
to the one that luvs me
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by iice(f): 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2007
yimiton. . .indeed
But if there is the possibility of not learning to love your partner. . .well personally not for me.
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by almondjoy(f): 4:07pm On Nov 29, 2007
Definitely someone who loves me more!

Let him be the mumu! kiss
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by rockiedink(m): 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

Definitely someone who loves me more!

Let him be the mumu! kiss
let me get this staright my nutty darling;you wan make ya huddy bu sugomu?

iice:

yimiton. . .indeed
But if there is the possibility of not learning to love your partner. . .well personally not for me.

kinda agree with you dearie

yimiton:

Thanks rockiedink,
All God's inspirations in my head.
By the way, I remember eezeebone now and you too.
you finally got there. i was just bein cheeky, no harm meant
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by ndumart: 4:35pm On Nov 29, 2007
If he's d mumu, then u are?
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by btayo1(m): 4:39pm On Nov 29, 2007
I would advise you friend to stick to girl A; being a man; he needs his wife to love Him; because when he screws up; (as men are known to do) he could count on her love for him to save him. Also your friend has said he would be happy with them both and been the girl A for 12 years; many marriages does last that long.

From what I can perceive girl B; being proud and money conscious does not presently feel that your friend is upto her level yet but does see the potential in him-only bidding her time to see if the potential materialize or if a better suitor comes along . It is clear that girl B does is see your friend as mr right- but if time is running out she may take him on as mr right now; hence the chasing for 9years. (It´s mostly female thing- but can't blame her, as your friend is ofcourse borrowed from her books)

Also how is your friend able to keep this going for such a long time?
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by almondjoy(f): 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2007
rockiedink:

let me get this staright my nutty darling;

you wan make ya huddy bu sugomu?

kind of agree with you dearie

you finally got there. i was just bein cheeky, no harm meant

Of course--don't you see all the women crying on Nairaland? cheesy  At least you will not catch me up there talking all that rubbish of how the man no wan come house or how the man beat me to a pulp! cheesy  I will love him about 25 years later when he has finally graduated from his mumuism!

ndumart:

If he's d mumu, then u are?

I will be the "mumu-ee" or the "mumu-er"!  The sole beneficiary of "sweet mumscious services"!!!! He will get his after 25 years of dutiful service! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by ndumart: 4:51pm On Nov 29, 2007
I will be the "mumu-ee" or the "mumu-er"! The sole beneficiary of "sweet mumscious services"!!!! He will get his after 25 years of dutiful service! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

[quote][/quote]

I like ur school of thought
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by efuah(f): 10:02am On Nov 30, 2007
yimiton:

iice, I agree with you on that. But problem is that most times, love ain't just reciprocal.
There'll be this guy out there you're dying for and he treats you like trash and this other guy who'll do anything to have you and you don't care a hoot about him!
Sometimes, we're lucky enough to have a reciprocal love, when that happens, that is surely the man to settle down with, otherwise, go for the one you'll treat you like a queen as long as you care about him at all and get to love him.
yeah, i prefer this one, and feel like a queen than to hail/exalt someone like a king and he sees me as a love slave grin
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by rockiedink(m): 10:29am On Nov 30, 2007
almondjoy:

Of course--don't you see all the women crying on Nairaland? cheesy At least you will not catch me up there talking all that rubbish of how the man no wan come house or how the man beat me to a pulp! cheesy I will love him about 25 years later when he has finally graduated from his mumuism!

I will be the "mumu-ee" or the "mumu-er"! The sole beneficiary of "sweet mumscious services"!!!! He will get his after 25 years of dutiful service! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

you harsh o!!! now do i wanna be in that position, thinkin, still thinkin
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by Pepeye(f): 11:15am On Nov 30, 2007
Definitely stick with the one who loves him more or at least who cares about him and he’s feelings not someone who has an indifferent air around him and who is money conscious might be only there when the going is good. Marriage is a long term thing it’s not all about fun….
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by Eclairs: 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2007
Pepeye:

Definitely stick with the one who loves him more or at least who cares about him and he’s feelings not someone who has an indifferent air around him and who is money conscious might be only there when the going is good. Marriage is a long term thing it’s not all about fun….

Love your school of tots Pepeye but would u rather end up with someone who's interesting and vocal or someone who though not boring is preserved bcs He's scared of hurtin u. Apparently, Girl A will never say anythin in the form of an insult as a joke e.g, "You no well", I mean as a joke bcs she finds it disrespectful. This makes her passive and short of words whereas, in addition to being assertive, Girl B is very open and would say offensive things not necessary as a joke (perhaps as a result of her pride).

Dont knw exactly how u'd luk at this but the bottomline is that Girl A obviously likes him more and I can tell that, he does have a feelin for girl A. However, In the long term, he feels he would be much happier with girl B bcs she's more lively, more interestin and more social yet, she fails to commit herself to him and thts wht the problem is.
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by Eclairs: 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2007
On the issue on ground, I think your friend should marry the woman he loves. That is if she agrees to marry him,
Once a woman likes you at all, it's easy to make her love you. Just be there for her without chocking her

@ Yimiton

Fair comments but my mate have already told her he loves her but girl B is neither saying YES or NO and he fears pressin for a definite answer wld make him loose her friendship altogether in an embarassin fashion. Can tell tht my mate knws how to treat a girl well but to be honest, though he think he will be much happier with girl B due to reasons hinted in your comments, Girls B's unwillingness to commit to him even though she claims to love him (yet sees him as a "special friend" instead of a boy friend) makes me think it will be somewhat difficult for him to take ur advise.

@Btayo

Another fair comment and this is one reason why I am of the opinion tht he sticks to girl A and I think he knows this quite well but Ironically, as Yimiton pointed out, I can say tht He's likely to respect Girl B more as Girl B wld not tolerate a fraction of what Girl A wld tolerate which cant be bad as he's more likely to discipline himself but then, his problem like you recognise is that Girl B though claims to love him, wld not commit to him. Perhaps, I shd just tell him to forget abt girl B. Mind you, he believes in the long term, he wld be happy with either or them even though girl B seems to be assertive, more exposed/social and interesting.
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by Eclairs: 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2007
Once a woman likes you at all, it's easy to make her love you. Just be there for her without chocking her

@ Yimiton

Fair comments but my mate have already told her he loves her but girl B is neither saying YES or NO and he fears pressin for a definite answer would make him loose her friendship altogether in an embarassin fashion afterall, Girl B have told him that she "cherishes" him and wld love to end up with him if the "friendship" continues that way. Can tell that my mate knws how to treat a girl well but to be honest, though he think he will be much happier with girl B due to reasons hinted in your comments, Girl B's reluctance to call him a boyfriend makes me qstion her love for him but from then, the bottom line is that girl A and girl B do love him, girl A loves him more, He loves girl B more and thats where the problem is.

@Btayo

Another fair comment and this is one reason why I am of the opinion that he sticks to girl A and I think he knows this quite well but Ironically, as Yimiton pointed out, I can say that He's likely to respect Girl B more as Girl B would not tolerate a fraction of what Girl A would tolerate which can't be bad as he's more likely to discipline himself but then, his problem like you recognise is that Girl B though claims to love him, her love doesn't compare to that of girl A. Perhaps, I should just tell him to forget about girl B. Mind you, he believes in the long term, he would be happy with either or them even though girl B seems to be assertive, more exposed/social and interesting where as, girl A is passive and more dependent on him especially for decision makin
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by Eclairs: 7:46pm On Nov 30, 2007
btayo1:

I would advise you friend to stick to girl A; being a man; he needs his wife to love Him; because when he screws up; (as men are known to do) he could count on her love for him to save him. Also your friend has said he would be happy with them both and been the girl A for 12 years; many marriages does last that long.

From what I can perceive girl B; being proud and money conscious does not presently feel that your friend is upto her level yet but does see the potential in him-only bidding her time to see if the potential materialize or if a better suitor comes along . It is clear that girl B does is see your friend as mr right- but if time is running out she may take him on as mr right now; hence the chasing for 9years. (It´s mostly female thing- but can't blame her, as your friend is ofcourse borrowed from her books)

Also how is your friend able to keep this going for such a long time?

Spot on. This is exactly what I think. I mean exactly what I think but as Yimiton pointed out, he's likely to respect Girl B more but as u rightly observe, She does see my mate as someone with potential but I'm not sure if she's waitin for the potential to materialise but then, you can't be far from the truth as she's unwillin to commit to him just now (calling her special friend instead of boyfriend as my mate would xpt).

Funny to say my mate borrowed from her books but to be honest, he regrets eva tellin girl B he loves her as he expected either a Yes or a No but got neither in response when his relationship with girl A seemed to have ran its course but now, the relationship is still alive after so many years and can tell that they both care for each other deeply. It is probable that had girl B replied with an emphatic Yes, things would hv been different (though not sure). That is why I kind of think he's bein unfair to girl A which he admits but claims he needs advise especially as he think either way, a heart wld be broken.

Please keep the comments comin
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by Eclairs: 8:00pm On Nov 30, 2007
Why is he wasting his time? She didn't give him a straight answer and he lets her
He should push for a definite answer so he can get on with his life, however that goes

Does he have feelings for Girl A? If he cares deeply for her, they could make a good team.
However, seems he thinks Girl B is more interesting. . .which could mean he might fall to more
scintillating company in the future. . .but that's not always the case. He should think long and

@iice

He does have feelins for girl A and they get on fabulously and brilliantly well. Neva tot of the fact that girl B is more likely to fall to more scintillatin company in the future like you pointed out and I doubt he did. Fair to say it's not alwz the case which sorts of supports yimiton's comments but tht was a brilliant contribution.

@ur ans

Yimiton was spot on.
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by Eclairs: 8:03pm On Nov 30, 2007
Why is he wasting his time?  She didn't give him a straight answer and he lets her  

Does he have feelings for Girl A?  If he cares deeply for her, they could make a good team.
scintillating company in the future. . .but that's not always the case.  He should think long and

@iice

He does have feelins for girl A and they get on fabulously and brilliantly well. Neva tot of the fact that girl B is more likely to fall to more scintillatin company in the future like you pointed out and I doubt he did. Fair to say it's not alwz the case which sorts of supports yimiton's comments but tht was a brilliant contribution.

@ur ans

Yimiton was spot on.
Re: Get Married To The One You Love Or The One That Loves You. by sperocloud: 10:28am On Dec 10, 2007
well i think what goes around comes around. the person in concern should obey his heart. in my case i waould go for the person that loves me cos i know i would learn to definately love her if u give my heart the chance for her to sink in me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Ex-babe Sister Want In Bed Badly? / Guys How Do I Toast Girls On Nairaland / Is It Wrong To Have A Crush On A Nairalander You Haven't Met Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.