Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,656 members, 7,862,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:12 AM

Fine With Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Fine With Me (1060 Views)

See The Fine Nairaland Girl In The Studio With Me This Night / Reasons Why Fine Rich Male Guys Havent Woo You + Pictures (female Only Thread) / Why Are Fine Boys Always Shy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fine With Me by ODB1: 9:12am On Jun 23, 2012
Most ladies I have dated, first love to love me, then they begin to hate the fact that they love me and eventually they end up knowing they love to hate me.
I have tried to understand why my relationships always goes bust and have been able to identify a resounding theme or argument that they all sing before they hit the hate mode. It's always ; "whenever will you grow up or be serious for once, I need a committing relationship"; which translates to marry me now or the "when are you going to start thinking and planning for the future", meaning when are you going to propose to me.

Why am bringing this up now is because a quasi-relationship, I never knew was still on till last weekend when she "broke off" with me, had me re-evaluating every single B.S. relationship I have been in which is practically all the relationships I have been in.

I met her sometime last year in a friend of friend's party and in my tipsy drunken haze I found her to be the most alluring woman ever and practically chased her round the party until she finally gave me her number. Fast forward two months later sometime early this year, I get a friend's request from her without me knowing who she was at first. I never called her after the party and she never got to get my number but she was able to track me down through her facebook suggestion feed.

After some back and forth messaging on facebook we finally began talking by phone and eventually had a date. Now I have a very high success rate with dates and the rest was 3 mths of absolute hell. She practically wanted to remodel me into what she thinks a man should be. My easy going dress sense she wanted to add more swagg, formality and a sense of tradition meaning she wanted to see me in skinny jeans complete with nerd glasses, a 3-piece suit and a kaftan complete with every head gear from every geo-political zone.

She also wanted to do the couple thing, not the go-out-on-dates-and-back-to-the-crib-and-phuck-thing but the actually boring stuff real couples do like attend weddings and funerals, house openings, child dedications and even attend church together.

So after much pressure I decide to let have her way and agreed to attend a wedding with her.
Now it took me all the will power not to buy the wedding attire for myself since there is no way You will ever make me wear a native attire. Not that I find anything wrong with native attires but I don't think it's me. So she suggested that I wear at least a suit. I own just one suit and it's not one of those Chinese cloned designer suits that you can buy in Lagos driveby shopping malls on third mainland bridge but an Armani, a very expensive Armani. I have only worn it once and I wore just the jacket on my favorite jeans. She hates that jeans. So come the wedding day and she decides to come over to my place rather that me come over and pick her, she did this to assess my outfit. We argued, fought and she tried manipulating me by crying her croc tears that I should at least go completely formal without the jeans. I stood my ground, hey it's not like am the one getting married?

So we head to the venue and she tries as much as possible to highlight to me how every other guy is looking very formal. Half way into the wedding she asks me for the wedding present I was totally taken aback cos I never remember anyone asking me to buy a present but then it came back to me. One nite,2 weeks before the wedding day, while I tried to sleep off she starts suggesting possible gifts we may present to the couple. Seriously I never was comfortable presenting a couple's gift to a wedding couple with her but I was so tired from all the s@x and booze that I had no energy to argue with her.

So she looks at me and says again;"where is the present? You did remember to get the present?" I said yep, it's in the car. So she says she will get it and I say no, let me get it, you just sit here with your friends and besides it's quite heavy.

There was no present because I forgot to buy one, phuck that there is no present because I never even wanted to be here or any wedding involving her. But I knew she will be pissed so I had to formulate something, the venue was located far from any mall or market so I had to drive and very fast at that to the nearest mall, buy a microwave, gift wrap it at another shop since Emeka doesn't gift wrap sh1t and then drive back approximately 40km to hand over the gift. She grabbed it from me and presented it to the chief bride's maid and told her it was a food processor and the Bride's maid goes "ohh you mean the one that can do a 1000 things from making juice to steaming vegetables? let me see I've been looking for it since". She opened it and to both their amazement it was a microwave and I had to look very surprised as well.

So we eventually ended up leaving and she isn't speaking to me on the way. About 5mins into our drive back my car begins to act funny, jerking and all that sh1t. It so happens my 60km high speed race to get a microwave totally guzzled up my fuel reserves. She says at that moment what is going on, don't tell me you forgot to buy fuel?". She gets out of the car and flags another car which was just coming from the wedding and leaves me in the middle of a deserted road with only returning wedding guest who probably must have noticed the sweaty guy in a black suit and a pair of dirty faded blue jeans.

I spent the next 1hr getting fuel from a roadside fuel dealer and zoomed off to my normal life.

She never contacted me till this Wednesday with the most annoying text asking "where are you?".

I never answered it and she called several times to which i ignored it only for her to send a txt message saying "it's over".

I replied with the best three words I could come up with at that moment;

"Fine with me".
Re: Fine With Me by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 23, 2012
Good read.

Sending a text like that days later, as if nothing happened, was very nonchalant on her part.
You both played your own parts.
Re: Fine With Me by mashnino(m): 2:29pm On Jun 23, 2012
d gal is mad
Re: Fine With Me by MrCork17: 2:34pm On Jun 23, 2012
O.D.B.:
Most ladies I have dated, first love to love me, then they begin to hate the fact that they love me and eventually they end up knowing they love to hate me.
I have tried to understand why my relationships always goes bust and have been able to identify a resounding theme or argument that they all sing before they hit the hate mode. It's always ; "whenever will you grow up or be serious for once, I need a committing relationship"; which translates to marry me now or the "when are you going to start thinking and planning for the future", meaning when are you going to propose to me.

Why am bringing this up now is because a quasi-relationship, I never knew was still on till last weekend when she "broke off" with me, had me re-evaluating every single B.S. relationship I have been in which is practically all the relationships I have been in.

I met her sometime last year in a friend of friend's party and in my tipsy drunken haze I found her to be the most alluring woman ever and practically chased her round the party until she finally gave me her number. Fast forward two months later sometime early this year, I get a friend's request from her without me knowing who she was at first. I never called her after the party and she never got to get my number but she was able to track me down through her facebook suggestion feed.

After some back and forth messaging on facebook we finally began talking by phone and eventually had a date. Now I have a very high success rate with dates and the rest was 3 mths of absolute hell. She practically wanted to remodel me into what she thinks a man should be. My easy going dress sense she wanted to add more swagg, formality and a sense of tradition meaning she wanted to see me in skinny jeans complete with nerd glasses, a 3-piece suit and a kaftan complete with every head gear from every geo-political zone.

She also wanted to do the couple thing, not the go-out-on-dates-and-back-to-the-crib-and-phuck-thing but the actually boring stuff real couples do like attend weddings and funerals, house openings, child dedications and even attend church together.

So after much pressure I decide to let have her way and agreed to attend a wedding with her.
Now it took me all the will power not to buy the wedding attire for myself since there is no way You will ever make me wear a native attire. Not that I find anything wrong with native attires but I don't think it's me. So she suggested that I wear at least a suit. I own just one suit and it's not one of those Chinese cloned designer suits that you can buy in Lagos driveby shopping malls on third mainland bridge but an Armani, a very expensive Armani. I have only worn it once and I wore just the jacket on my favorite jeans. She hates that jeans. So come the wedding day and she decides to come over to my place rather that me come over and pick her, she did this to assess my outfit. We argued, fought and she tried manipulating me by crying her croc tears that I should at least go completely formal without the jeans. I stood my ground, hey it's not like am the one getting married?

So we head to the venue and she tries as much as possible to highlight to me how every other guy is looking very formal. Half way into the wedding she asks me for the wedding present I was totally taken aback cos I never remember anyone asking me to buy a present but then it came back to me. One nite,2 weeks before the wedding day, while I tried to sleep off she starts suggesting possible gifts we may present to the couple. Seriously I never was comfortable presenting a couple's gift to a wedding couple with her but I was so tired from all the s@x and booze that I had no energy to argue with her.

So she looks at me and says again;"where is the present? You did remember to get the present?" I said yep, it's in the car. So she says she will get it and I say no, let me get it, you just sit here with your friends and besides it's quite heavy.

There was no present because I forgot to buy one, phuck that there is no present because I never even wanted to be here or any wedding involving her. But I knew she will be pissed so I had to formulate something, the venue was located far from any mall or market so I had to drive and very fast at that to the nearest mall, buy a microwave, gift wrap it at another shop since Emeka doesn't gift wrap sh1t and then drive back approximately 40km to hand over the gift. She grabbed it from me and presented it to the chief bride's maid and told her it was a food processor and the Bride's maid goes "ohh you mean the one that can do a 1000 things from making juice to steaming vegetables? let me see I've been looking for it since". She opened it and to both their amazement it was a microwave and I had to look very surprised as well.

So we eventually ended up leaving and she isn't speaking to me on the way. About 5mins into our drive back my car begins to act funny, jerking and all that sh1t. It so happens my 60km high speed race to get a microwave totally guzzled up my fuel reserves. She says at that moment what is going on, don't tell me you forgot to buy fuel?". She gets out of the car and flags another car which was just coming from the wedding and leaves me in the middle of a deserted road with only returning wedding guest who probably must have noticed the sweaty guy in a black suit and a pair of dirty faded blue jeans.

I spent the next 1hr getting fuel from a roadside fuel dealer and zoomed off to my normal life.

She never contacted me till this Wednesday with the most annoying text asking "where are you?".

I never answered it and she called several times to which i ignored it only for her to send a txt message saying "it's over".

I replied with the best three words I could come up with at that moment;

"Fine with me".

Bro are u related to REALITY101 and could u please summarize.. cheers! ((errmm Mr MOD sexxskillz, i simply asked him to summarize. its just a simple request!)) undecided
Re: Fine With Me by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 23, 2012
Women & their wahala, they never cease to amaze me with their attitude. God help we men
Re: Fine With Me by ijebabe: 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2012
Mr..Cork:

Bro are u related to REALITY101 and could u please summarize.. cheers! ((errmm Mr MOD sexxskillz, i simply asked him to summarize. its just a simple request!)) undecided
Lmao! grin grin grin
When will this get old, cos it still makes me laugh!
Re: Fine With Me by slimyem: 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2012
interesting read!
Next please!cheesy
Re: Fine With Me by dealordea(m): 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2012
Phuck her!! Who give a damn about what she think!! Bro, better offer coming your way soon!!! And u did play ur part right and I wonder what more she wanted!!

Lol
Re: Fine With Me by Mynd44: 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2012
I am waiting for the short version
Re: Fine With Me by ekina(f): 8:42pm On Jun 23, 2012
methinks dat's a very gud decision,u'll surely find sm1 who will b calm wiv u n nt rush u into d "thinkin abt d future" thing.All is well
Re: Fine With Me by mykejones(m): 3:19am On Jun 24, 2012
Lol..
Now dis is jus hilarious.
I tried to picture all of the scenario's as i read tru,i must confess,you did ur bit.
Crazy and funny.
Betterluck nxt time man.
Re: Fine With Me by Mynd44: 9:13am On Jun 24, 2012
Mynd_44: I am waiting for the short version
Still waiting
Re: Fine With Me by ijebabe: 6:14pm On Jun 24, 2012
Mynd_44:
Still waiting
Basically the dude met this chic at a party, got drunk and shagged her and they parted ways after. After 2 months she found him on FB and they went on a date and ended up dating her. "Apparently" she turned out to be a control freak trying to change him to fit her ideal man which he wasn't impressed with. After zero commnunication for a week or so, due to an incident at a wedding, she called thrice - he ignored- then she sent a text saying 'It's over', to which he replied 'Fine with me'.
You didn't really miss much undecided
Re: Fine With Me by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 24, 2012
waooo: Women & their wahala, they never cease to amaze me with their attitude. God help we men
undecided
Re: Fine With Me by ODB1: 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2012
How can I possibly derail my thread? mmmh lets see...

They unBANNED ME!

I DEY LAFF!
Re: Fine With Me by Mynd44: 8:27pm On Jun 24, 2012
@Ijebabe, thanks. I am glad I did not read that. No offence OP
Re: Fine With Me by ODB1: 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2012
Mynd_44: @Ijebabe, thanks. I am glad I did not read that. No offence OP

(1) (Reply)

Who Are This Gurls Dating? / TRUE CONFESSION: She Doesn't Know Who The Father Of Her Baby Is. / Share Your Experience: My First Kiss By ( Www.rhodiesworld.com)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.