Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam (13493 Views)

Man Accused Of Withdrawing N45 Million Tells His side Of The Story / Wife, Children Accused Of Hacking Husband To Death / Man Burnt To Death For Impregnating Mother, Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by tayoccu(m): 7:16am On Jun 25, 2012
I weep for our people, cos u guys saw nigerian in the article, y'all started talking shytee.
Tell me has any nigerian been apprehended, or declared wanted? Anybody can claim to be nigerian

1 Like

Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by kanywoods: 7:35am On Jun 25, 2012
Hey guys, check out Wiz Khalifa & SnoopDog's new movie :

MAC & DEVIN GO TO HIGH SCHOOL

A comedy that follows two high school students -- one overachiever struggling to write his valedictorian speech, the other a senior now going on his 15th year of school.
Stars: Snoop Dogg, WHIZ KHALIFA and Andy Milonakis

you can watch and download the movie .....at the link in the movie poster below

Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by freecocoa(f): 7:48am On Jun 25, 2012
horlabiyi: There are lots of corruptions in U.S than in Nigeria.
Omo this your grammar no be here o.
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 25, 2012
Wow! LMAO!

Nigerian men better step up their game. In this economy, there's a lot of competition! cheesy
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by AdeniyiA(m): 8:24am On Jun 25, 2012
freecocoa: 205 and 172 years in prison?shocked

This oyinbo people funny sha.

Do people still live that long in this world again?
in other words,they may b sentenced to LIFE IMPRISONMENT
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 25, 2012
Ibo kwenu grin
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by lomzy1(m): 8:28am On Jun 25, 2012
crackhouse: abeg leave those people that are always quick to condemning this country. It's very clear Nigerians are not the brain behind it, even if they were part of it.
cyril83: Read the article very well before answerig and u guyz shud stop berating and nailing nigeria,fraud is everywia besides how did tracy and her mother got the money? They fraud some pple and some dude outsmart them....they themselves are thieves and greedy fraudster...I see no reason why u guyz shud be saying trash abt naija,dia's ongoin scam in di Uk,US dudes are not left out,australia,germany sti counting
engineerd:

You can rightly infer that the Nigerians were the pimps! they are using the Magas now to make Magas out of other Magas do u get it
ekt_bear: Hrm.

So what exactly was the Nigerian role in this?
colly227: Can anyone show me where it is written that the associates in Nigeria are Nigerians or you guys mean to tell me there are no USA citizens in Nigeria that could be the associate? Please let's not be in a haste to condemn this country no matter how bad we look.
ekt_bear: Hrm.

So what exactly was the Nigerian role in this?

It seems u guys don't know how internet fraud now operate in nigeria. There are different types of internet fraud now. Each year.. New styles come up.
Have u ever walked into a cybercafe in nigeria and what u see is a young kid running a facebook page of a white or black handsome american soldier? They usually get pics from d internet and then open a facebook address with it. They use a foreign name, address and they claim to be serving in other parts of d world.. Some desperate women out there looking for partners easily fall for these people.. Just in d name of dating and marriage. Sooner or later d so called soldiers would start demanding for money from their unsuspecting victims.
I believe the 2 women arrested were acting as the sister or mother. The fraudster may tell d victims he needs to send some money to his sister or mum in US but since he is on d war front, he cant do that. He wouldn't have used nigeria as his base cos that wld spoil d whole runs.

Am sure one of d 2 women must have been gotten from an online datings sites as well, and they must have developed a mutual friendship before they introduce them to the deal.
D biz is based on percentage, the women receive d money in US, and then remit d other percentage to nigeria.
This is d latest yahoo in town, just try and visit any cybercafe and u wil understand what am saying. I wish the nigerians could be traced as well. These are d boys u see in clubs buying 12 bottles of champagne, lodging in big hotels for months and living large. Its so sad when someone working so hard in nigeria see this kind of stuff, this is how some ppl also start to defraud others, when they are being oppressed by small boys.

When our leaders have shown us that fraud and corruption pay.. And u cld walk away with it. Would u then blame these boys that don't have jobs after graduating?
If most of these boys cld have trustworthy partners like d women in US. Am afraid there wld have been more young yahoo millionaires in nigeria now. Its high time efcc clamped down on these yahoo boys.. They shld start visiting cybercafe to fish them out.

2 Likes

Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by y2kaustin(m): 8:32am On Jun 25, 2012
horlabiyi: There are lots of corruptions in U.S than in Nigeria.
....Source please.
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by texazzpete(m): 8:38am On Jun 25, 2012
colly227: Can anyone show me where it is written that the associates in Nigeria are Nigerians or you guys mean to tell me there are no USA citizens in Nigeria that could be the associate? Please let's not be in a haste to condemn this country no matter how bad we look.

What is the most logical inference from the article?
Don't be so keen to defend your country that you forsake common sense.

1 Like

Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by truefact: 8:39am On Jun 25, 2012
some 9ja peeps are simply naive, they should rather be thankful and glad that there's yahoo yahoo boys to repatriate some of our looted money back to 9ja, if not everybody would have turned armed robber, kidnapper, bokoharamist, and the roads and streets would have been no go area. everybody will stay indoors as if there's war.

whenever u peeps condemned yahoo yahoo, just remember your leaders loot more and steal you blindly, while yahoo yahoo help to alleviate the rate of poverty in 9ja. i know u rather yahoo yahoo turn armed robber and rob ur ass dry or bokoharam and blow ur ass off.

do u know how much the west steal from 9ja, i just read of french ship stealing oil, there's many which are unreported and nobody is talking.

if yahoo yahoo go hell, at least even you so called pastors and MOG, Imams and leaders will be there too. Bleep offs.

let me tell you further, if the reverse is the case and 9ja ppl are drug addicts, i tell u the west will be shipping containers of cocaine to 9ja per hour and nobody will do a shit. Bleep the west, they are the corruption in 9ja. i wish i can scam all of them and get all the money back...Bleep peeps

and for u peeps instead of efcc clamping down on those looting 9ja dry, u want them to start chasing after yahoo yahoo boys, well, it's the usual way of 9ja, leaving burning house to chase after rats...

u peeps shld 1st start talking how to stop the looting in the nation and to start building the nation....yahoo yahoo shld not be the problem... in as much as i condemned it, i also know it have helped the 9jarian society and helped many family and it's better than armed robbery which u peeps prefers as i see it

3 Likes

Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by Tyche(m): 8:41am On Jun 25, 2012
Must they bring Nigeria into it? Are they trying to tell us there are no fraudstars in the US? Maybe Benard Madoff has Nigerian associates?

1 Like

Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by AdeniyiA(m): 8:45am On Jun 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Wow! LMAO!

Nigerian men better step up their game. In this economy, there's a lot of competition! cheesy
what game are you referring to and who n who are competing, uh ULEKE UDI. loz
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by gbadexy(m): 8:49am On Jun 25, 2012
Most people here lack ability to comprehend.
The nigerians are the real fraudsters and they recruited the american citizens to receive money from the victims, since the victims chat with nigerians and call the americans and verify their authenticity hoping they are the same person, they feel comfortable sending money to the americans and those ones according to the article forward it to nigeria and they take percentage of the transaction. Abi na dem d oyinbo's nigerian bank account d oyinbo dey send d money too?
It stated that the do it on commission, because they didn't mention the nigerians should be obvious that they were not apprehended so there can't be case on somene that is not present.

1 Like

Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by CY09: 8:58am On Jun 25, 2012
Thamk you for that wonderfull observation. I thought i was the only one that observesd that. These shows how majority of Nigerians evaluate issues.
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by Korrection(m): 9:03am On Jun 25, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

I don't think you guys read the article at all. . . You saw Nigerian and Scam and automatically jumped to conclusion. . .it is understandable of course but for once this isn't a Nigerian crime, so it is unfair to start berating Nigerians.

U dey mind them....someone rightly asked..whats Nigeria role in this...abge make USA go sit don for bush...na dem scatter this world...check very well youll see their hands in this distabilised naija since all their predictions comes true..lets wise up
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by Korrection(m): 9:05am On Jun 25, 2012
gbadexy: Most people here lack ability to comprehend.
The nigerians are the real fraudsters and they recruited the american citizens to receive money from the victims, since the victims chat with nigerians and call the americans and verify their authenticity hoping they are the same person, they feel comfortable sending money to the americans and those ones according to the article forward it to nigeria and they take percentage of the transaction. Abi na dem d oyinbo's nigerian bank account d oyinbo dey send d money too?
It stated that the do it on commission, because they didn't mention the nigerians should be obvious that they were not apprehended so there can't be case on somene that is not present.

if you are not a scammer..how did you understand all these??...SMH
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by Tyche(m): 9:07am On Jun 25, 2012
Korrection:

if you are not a scammer..how did you understand all these??...SMH
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by Korrection(m): 9:09am On Jun 25, 2012
truefact: some 9ja peeps are simply naive, they should rather be thankful and glad that there's yahoo yahoo boys to repatriate some of our looted money back to 9ja, if not everybody would have turned armed robber, kidnapper, bokoharamist, and the roads and streets would have been no go area. everybody will stay indoors as if there's war.

whenever u peeps condemned yahoo yahoo, just remember your leaders loot more and steal you blindly, while yahoo yahoo help to alleviate the rate of poverty in 9ja. i know u rather yahoo yahoo turn armed robber and rob ur ass dry or bokoharam and blow ur ass off.

do u know how much the west steal from 9ja, i just read of french ship stealing oil, there's many which are unreported and nobody is talking.

if yahoo yahoo go hell, at least even you so called pastors and MOG, Imams and leaders will be there too. Bleep offs.

let me tell you further, if the reverse is the case and 9ja ppl are drug addicts, i tell u the west will be shipping containers of cocaine to 9ja per hour and nobody will do a shit. Bleep the west, they are the corruption in 9ja. i wish i can scam all of them and get all the money back...Bleep peeps

and for u peeps instead of efcc clamping down on those looting 9ja dry, u want them to start chasing after yahoo yahoo boys, well, it's the usual way of 9ja, leaving burning house to chase after rats...

u peeps shld 1st start talking how to stop the looting in the nation and to start building the nation....yahoo yahoo shld not be the problem... in as much as i condemned it, i also know it have helped the 9jarian society and helped many family and it's better than armed robbery which u peeps prefers as i see it
Truly yahoo yahoo is a crime but it has helped so much families..you hit this on point....I attendED a lecture seminar sometime ago by one professor in Uniben..his Topic was...THE CRIMINAL IN ALL OF US..WHOSE OX HAVE WE NOT ALL TAKEN........NO ONE IS PERFECT..WE MUST HAVE STOLEN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER....
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 25, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

I don't think you guys read the article at all. . . You saw Nigerian and Scam and automatically jumped to conclusion. . .it is understandable of course but for once this isn't a Nigerian crime, so it is unfair to start berating Nigerians.
I don't know why u can't just accept and cal a spade a spade. Is it until they publish the full story of their births and how their parents met before u know what's up?
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by yorke1: 9:18am On Jun 25, 2012
Hoodrat: Those women were been used by Nigerians scam artist in order to built trust between their mugus the women are greedy and gullible themselves for voluntarily agreeing to operate a large scale Nigeria scam network. In some cases the women might be innocent and unaware of such but this one shows a different turned for is obvious the women were in for percentage. A friend of mine says a good Nigerian is a dead one grin grin grin cry
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 25, 2012
You people keep saying the money was wired to Nigeria, what gives you the impression that was wired to a Nigerian, A Nigerian scam artist will never have his/her share wired directly to Nigeria wld rather prefer an intermediary from China or Malaysia.

So, their partner could as well be an American operating scam from Nigeria.

There are lot of foreign criminal living in this country' with no record. They should stop attaching every scam to Nigerians.
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by justwise(m): 10:00am On Jun 25, 2012
truefact: some 9ja peeps are simply naive, they should rather be thankful and glad that there's yahoo yahoo boys to repatriate some of our looted money back to 9ja, if not everybody would have turned armed robber, kidnapper, bokoharamist, and the roads and streets would have been no go area. everybody will stay indoors as if there's war.

Oh please shut up!!, the same recycled junk a lot of criminals like you come up with any time crime is mentioned.

Why not become armed robber straight away and welcome bullets into your thieving skull?
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by justwise(m): 10:08am On Jun 25, 2012
Korrection:
Truly yahoo yahoo is a crime but it has helped so much families..you hit this on point....I attendED a lecture seminar sometime ago by one professor in Uniben..his Topic was...THE CRIMINAL IN ALL OF US..WHOSE OX HAVE WE NOT ALL TAKEN........NO ONE IS PERFECT..WE MUST HAVE STOLEN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER....

So what? We should all start glorifying bunch of thieves because there are alot of criminals out there?

Just listen to yourself. .yahoo yahoo has helped so much families?. . Oh yes! armed robbers have helped a lot of families, politicians who stole from Nigeria used it to help their families and friends, kidnappers used the ransom money to help their families.

So thanks be to God! we have found a solution to unemployment and corruption in Nigeria.
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 25, 2012
texazzpete:

What is the most logical inference from the article?
Don't be so keen to defend your country that you forsake common sense.

You know nothing about evidence and law. Never base your sense of judgement on assumption....I ask again, show me where it is stated that Nigerians where the associates the money was wired to in Nigeria.
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by Tonitelli: 11:58am On Jun 25, 2012
colly227:

You know nothing about evidence and law. Never base your sense of judgement on assumption....I ask again, show me where it is stated that Nigerians where the associates the money was wired to in Nigeria.
lomzy1:

It seems u guys don't know how internet fraud now operate in nigeria. There are different types of internet fraud now. Each year.. New styles come up.
Have u ever walked into a cybercafe in nigeria and what u see is a young kid running a facebook page of a white or black handsome american soldier? They usually get pics from d internet and then open a facebook address with it. They use a foreign name, address and they claim to be serving in other parts of d world.. Some desperate women out there looking for partners easily fall for these people.. Just in d name of dating and marriage. Sooner or later d so called soldiers would start demanding for money from their unsuspecting victims.
I believe the 2 women arrested were acting as the sister or mother. The fraudster may tell d victims he needs to send some money to his sister or mum in US but since he is on d war front, he cant do that. He wouldn't have used nigeria as his base cos that wld spoil d whole runs.
Am sure one of d 2 women must have been gotten from an online datings sites as well, and they must have developed a mutual friendship before they introduce them to the deal.

D biz is based on percentage, the women receive d money in US, and then remit d other percentage to nigeria.
This is d latest yahoo in town, just try and visit any cybercafe and u wil understand what am saying. I wish the nigerians could be traced as well. These are d boys u see in clubs buying 12 bottles of champagne, lodging in big hotels for months and living large. Its so sad when someone working so hard in nigeria see this kind of stuff, this is how some ppl also start to defraud others, when they are being oppressed by small boys.
When our leaders have shown us that fraud and corruption pay.. And u cld walk away with it. Would u then blame these boys that don't have jobs after graduating?
If most of these boys cld have a trustworthy partners like d women in US. Am afraid there wld have been more young yahoo millionaires in nigeria now. Its high time efcc clamped down on these yahoo boys.. They shld start visiting cybercafe to fish them out.

The way some Nigerians reason is enuff for u to know say God na God!!here u are readin a report that these ladies are part of a Nigerian Internet dating scam...reading that they wired the money to their Nigerian associates....in Nigeria...and it's not enuff for u to know that Nigerians are involved abi??this is a serious case of "this looks like sh&t..lemme smell it....it smells like sh&t...lemme taste it...hmm..it tastes like sh&t....it is sh&t!!!!!thank God I didn't step on it!!"
Roflmao!!!
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by noiseless: 12:01pm On Jun 25, 2012
PIGS like you are one of the reasons why nigeria will continue to go down and burn to ashes,and why the Igbos must do whatever it takes to have their own country instead of being in the same country with your likes. Keep shouting Igbo while ignoring that the word YAHOO YAHOO Yoruba is a bad disease which some people would rather have than to be a trader in auto spare parts,and a little research won't be disappointing in revealing the tribe in nigeria that are bloody YAHOO YAHOO INTERNET SCAMMERS by nature and identity thieving or faking of documents to decieve and defraud people.
~Bluetooth:

Ibo kwenu grin
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by Easyrichie(m): 12:58pm On Jun 25, 2012
OAM4J:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57458311-504083/colo-mother-and-daughter-accused-of-international-internet-dating-scam/
why's so much hatred 2wards nigerians?,the entire world only await 2 read or here some negative bout nigeria,BUH,they never recognise the positive ones..i'm a Proud naija guy,let d world talk or write crap,.according to dat article,the real fraud gangs were the americans,while the world will only focus only on the name NIGERIA..
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by Emmyson99(m): 1:00pm On Jun 25, 2012
Internet dating is what i will advice good people of my country to be careful with the white ladies. Most of them are demonic agent assign to bring good number people to hell.
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by princeonx: 1:00pm On Jun 25, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Ibo kwenu grin
It's kind of funny how you don't know someone in real life but as soon as you see their internet username, you'll be like "here comes the A55#o£€.
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by princeonx: 1:06pm On Jun 25, 2012
Emmyson99: Internet dating is what i will advice good people of my country to be careful with the white ladies. Most of them are demonic agent assign to bring good number people to hell.
Bros or should I call you pastor? Where did you get the above gist from? Are those people you meet on net not the same you see in churches, schools, and places of work? Make Una no dey yearn us like kids Abeg!
Re: US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2012
Tonitelli:

The way some Nigerians reason is enuff for u to know say God na God!!here u are readin a report that these ladies are part of a Nigerian Internet dating scam...reading that they wired the money to their Nigerian associates....in Nigeria...and it's not enuff for u to know that Nigerians are involved abi??this is a serious case of "this looks like sh&t..lemme smell it....it smells like sh&t...lemme taste it...hmm..it tastes like sh&t....it is sh&t!!!!!thank God I didn't step on it!!"
Roflmao!!!

This actually shows how much of a dumb skull you are. It's called "Nigerian Internet Dating Scam" because It evolved from Nigeria that doesn't mean anyone that practice it is a Nigerian. The article never said Nigerian associates it say associates in Nigeria. Please never skip English classes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) / Hanifa’s Murder: Court To Pass Judgement On July 28 / Kidnappers Give 7 Doctors Kidnap Notice In Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.