Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,311 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan (14370 Views)

Diezani’s 14yr-old ONLY Son Asks: Is My Mum Going To Die? As Husband Breaks Down / Gunmen Kill Eight Traders In Enugu Market / PHCN High Tension Wire Killed A Man In Aguda Just Yesterday (a Pedestrian) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by niyitogun(m): 7:31am On Jun 26, 2012
Adedayo516:

Fined for what?!...these people have no value for their lives...why trade under a high tension wire?!

Rip

There is sth called maintenance of grid system....the cables are usu changed at intervals, so why not?
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by RowLX(m): 8:01am On Jun 26, 2012
Ђ☺ can any1 even think of sueing PHCN? angry when those cables where mounted there was n̶̲̥̅̊☺ market there and ppl have been warned severaly not build under these high tension wires ßμ†̥ to n̶̲̥̅̊☺ avail. Even if ur not told, why would U̶̲̥̅̊ endanger your ƒσя MONEY.
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 26, 2012
I have seen very funny 11kv high tension poles in naija, some of these poles even leaning in an angle 60 degrees towards the road. Came back to the same spot after 10months and the pole had not been replaced. Disasters waiting to happen. I wonder if phcn has not got a monitoring dept to repair all these potential accidents.
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by EreluY(f): 8:36am On Jun 26, 2012
WHERE ARE THE HUMAN RIGHTS LAWYERS IN THIS COUNTRY? THE MASSES NEED YOUR EXPERTISE
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 26, 2012
May their soul rest in peace
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by Skmoda360(m): 9:56am On Jun 26, 2012
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by doublecross(m): 10:14am On Jun 26, 2012
u guys should think twice before making comments here. why would a normal human trade under a high tension wire. what do you want the governments to do about this one. pass the wires through thier own homes or what. mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew. my sympathy goes to the victims but no one is to blame for thier misfortune.
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by efyguy(m): 10:49am On Jun 26, 2012
This 2012 consumed human lives ooh...even chiken ŊO̶̷̩̥̊͡ die d ϑa̲̅Ɣ humans die....G♡̷̬̩̃̊D̶̲̥̅̊ abeg o
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by Carmall(m): 10:52am On Jun 26, 2012
I see this as the fault of the government, no market women will see adequate store to trade and choose to trade under high power cable...
I wish this Governments can learn from Ondo state government...
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by barnaby04(m): 10:52am On Jun 26, 2012
Sometimes i just laf wen pple comment on issues here, sue PHCN 4 wat? The coy does enlightenment progs evry nw n den on dangers of tradin n buildin under HT/LT lines wich we all ignores or are dey d ones dt will police d areas daily by drivin off trespassers?
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by Arosa(m): 10:59am On Jun 26, 2012
nijanigga:
Look at this goat wrapped in ignorance,where in urban city that you don't have high tension cable lines? this isn't the first time this happened,go to lagos and ask how a man was killed in a similar way at a petrol station about 2 years ago.Nigeria is waste to mankind.

Are you some sort of m.oron? Are you you really this daft? Perhaps you are an im.becile.
Excuzeme:
Before you start "sounding-off", re-read the story!
THEY WERE IN A MARKET! A place "officially designated" for trading!

The sensible question you would or should have asked is: "What is a market doing under a H.T cable"?
Or even better, "Who over-saw an authorized the building of a market, under a H.T. Cable"?

Where else would traders trade, if not in "the market provided for them by their local authorities"?
......and they pay the
Govt for these stalls, mind you! shocked shocked

What we have is a systemic failure whereby those saddled with the responsibility of ensuring "public safety and standards" HAVE FAILED IN THEIR DUTY.
If you dont designate a market under H.T. cables, traders wont be under an H.T Cable ...except where they are "illegal road-side hawkers"...an offense in itself.

As l write now, there are houses been built under H.T Cables.....and such Houses paid for, and got building approval, from Govt Civil Servants whose job is to ensure "building rules and standards" are complied with!
Of-course dont ask me if they are turning a blind eye just because 'they feel like', "Egunje" has changed hands. grin
What are they thinking? CORRUPTION IS OUR BANE!
Sad and preventable.

I don't think that the government allocated this trading space to them. It is more likely that the market has sprawled/expanded to the point where people are now trading under these tension cables.
But even if the government did in fact allocate this (which would be shockingly stupid in itself), would these traders not have the sense to realise for themselves how dangerous it is to be there? Don't they have their own mind? Every person has the responsibility to look after themselves.
Nigerian people have now turned into cattle - they need to be hit with sticks to be driven in the right direction.
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by ujay4u(m): 11:00am On Jun 26, 2012
Please if u must comment think nd reflect on d incident nd its cause wisely. Its there anywhere high tension wire does not cut across in Nigeria that people even walk pass under? What if it was a situation that pple were walkin nd it cuts nd electrocute them. What if d market had existed b4 development brought about passing high tension line(s) across d market? This is nt an issue of 'hw wil a sane person trade unda an electric wire', is an issue that has 2 do with d inefficient mgt nd maintainance of our power sector. All they knw best is to go around distributin bills nd disconnectin lines instead of running routine maintenance of trans4mers nd other public power facilities. I think PHCN should be sued nd held responsible for this tragedy. RIP fellow compatriots.
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by dammmy(m): 11:46am On Jun 26, 2012
I will just put the blame on Moshood Abiola....he destroyed Nigeria Electricity
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by kelvincoll(m): 11:47am On Jun 26, 2012
Arosa: Why would a sane person trade under a high tension cable line? RIP. angry

Have you been to most areas in lagos? i just that this thought yesterday while in a bus around itire when i saw high tension cable over market and peoples house. To the deceased..RIP
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by Arosa(m): 11:54am On Jun 26, 2012
kelvincoll:

Have you been to most areas in lagos? i just that this thought yesterday while in a bus around itire when i saw high tension cable over market and peoples house. To the deceased..RIP
Disaster waiting to happen I suppose. cry cry cry
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by eghost247(m): 1:40pm On Jun 26, 2012
hate when i hear about things that could have been avoided causing people to lose their life sadly this is what we face in my beloved country RIP
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by deltakitchen: 6:10pm On Jun 26, 2012
Hope the families of the deceased get huge compensations although that won't bring back the life.
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2012
Pataki: In a sane environment, PHCN would be sued and fined heavily.

Unfortunately, the only thing Nigerians know how to do is to say: RIP, omase oh, etc.

Only in an insane country.

If not for hustling.........i believe ther is a policy which ban erection of buildin under 'High Tension Cable'.........Eyaaa, ours is neva a country.....I pray we realise our Errors too soon.........
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 26, 2012
donroxy:

If not for hustling.........i believe ther is a policy which ban erection of buildin under 'High Tension Cable'.........Eyaaa, ours is neva a country.....I pray we realise our Errors too soon.........

u see now.........i put 'Erectn'..... U changed it to 'Attention'......NL na wa ooo
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by ye2nday(f): 8:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
Arosa: Why would a sane person trade under a high tension cable line? > RIP. angry
sometimes i wonder why some people just talk because they had to post!! Hmmm... Pls do you think if those pple had an option of going to VGC to sell goods won't they go? and now you call them insane.. Didn't you read what they were selling ? VEGETABLES now back to your question " Why would a sane person trade under a high tension cable line? The answer is POVERTY!! Think poster!!!
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by Olaleyecollins: 12:41am On Jun 27, 2012
Why does the cable not fall on our bad leaders.
Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 27, 2012
The high tension killing people is the 11kv 3 cable type that directly feeds the transformers from substations. It is very common and usually shares same pole with 4 cable low tension that feeds homes directly. The pole usually has a T shape, and carries both 11000v and 230v. We commonly see it everyday. You can even see cars passing beneath the one in the top picture. I guess Nigerians are used to living in an hazardous environment.

Re: Eight Die As High Tension Cable Lands On Traders In Ibadan by Arosa(m): 12:03pm On Jun 27, 2012
ye2nday: sometimes i wonder why some people just talk because they had to post!! Hmmm... Pls do you think if those pple had an option of going to VGC to sell goods won't they go? and now you call them insane.. Didn't you read what they were selling ? VEGETABLES now back to your question " Why would a sane person trade under a high tension cable line? The answer is POVERTY!! Think poster!!!

You must be one of those foools/insane peeps that will trade in a hazardous location because of poverty, right? when you die like a rat you will expect me to say RIP to you. mumu. angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo Bye-Election: 100 INEC Staff Abducted, Forced To Thumbprint – REC / Secondus Under Attack For Blaming Amaechi For His Arrest / Those Calling For My Resignation Are Kids, Ayu To Wike’s Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.