Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,977 members, 7,828,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline (6788 Views)

Sule Lamido Mocks Buhari’s War On Corruption / Why I Won’t Support Buhari’s War Against Corruption – Wike / Buhari To Relaunch ‘war Against Indiscipline’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 25, 2012

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 25, 2012
smiley
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 04, 2012
Does anybody else have any NTA or news clips from the past?

1 Like

Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Nobody: 1:19am On Oct 17, 2012
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by mike404(m): 2:36am On Oct 17, 2012
[quote author=GenBuhari][/quote]
NO BE HAUSA BUHARI DEY
NA CRAZE MAN BE THA...CRAZE MAN
NO BE HAUSA DEM FIND ME GUILTY
NO BE HAUSA DEM JAIL ME FIVE YEARS
I NO DO NOTHING.....
GENERAL MUHAMMADU BIN LADIN AYATOLLAH HEZBOLLAH BUHARI gringringringringrin
gringringringringrin
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Nobody: 5:20am On Oct 17, 2012
[size=18pt]23 March 1984 - ITN News
BUHARI’S GOVERNMENT LAUNCHES “WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE”[/size]

Nigeria's military government is stepping-up its campaign against corruption, mismanagement and indiscipline at all levels in Nigeria society.

Preliminary hearings into corruption and abuse of office against former politicians and civil administrators have already begun and on March 21 the government launched its war against indiscipline.

One of the first areas under attack is Illegal Street trading in the capital Lagos. The military government of Major-General Buhari has promulgated a decree forbidding the street trading, a major source of income for many thousands of Lagos people. Police have already begun arresting street vendors and confiscating their wares.

The campaign is also designed to foster greater personal and social discipline with Nigerians being urged to queue for buses in an orderly fashion. The crackdown on indiscipline was announced by Brigadier Tunde Idiagbon, a member of the Nigerian Supreme Military Council.

BRIGADIER TUNDE IDIAGBON: "I want you to bear in mind the need to emphasise self-discipline and leadership by good example.
Begin by drawing public attention to little but important everyday manifestations of indiscipline such as rushing into buses, driving on the wrong side of the road, littering the streets, parks and dwelling compounds, cheating, taking undue advantage of scarcity to inflate prices for quick monetary gains, constituting ourselves into public nuisances, walking without commitment and devoting little or no time to the upbringing of our children.

Up to this moment there has been no formal declaration of war against indiscipline, it is my pleasure therefore to declare today a launching day for the war against indiscipline."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 17, 2012
As far as I know.

Coup is a criminal act.

A disciplined soldier will never carry out a coup.

Buhari and his gang are criminals who deserved the jails.

2 Likes

Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 17, 2012
^ Once a government makes themselve illegal and unconstitutioal by being corrupt, and by rigging elections then it should not then complain if it is overthrown.
noblezone: As far as I know.

Coup is a criminal act.

2 Likes

Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 26, 2012
GenBuhari: ^ Once a government makes themselve illegal and unconstitutioal by being corrupt, and by rigging elections then it should not then complain if it is overthrown.

Then you are no different from those who killed the 4 Uniport boys!

You cannot justify a coup!
Coup is both illegal and unconstitutional.

We cannot build a civilized society with guns. The military destroyed Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by courage89(m): 9:08pm On Oct 26, 2012

Coup is a criminal act.

While i am not a supporter of coup plotters, but sometimes thats exactly what we need in the land of lawlessness, injustice, corrupt riddle society such as ours if done by patriotic people and for patriotic reasons. If the trend, culture brewing at that time was never arrested, our economy would have been worse off. And, only God knows what role Nigerian economy would be playing in the global world, if those measures taken by buhari's administration has never been taking.

On the coup plot, i commend Buhari's courage and vision to act. Because it was what was necessary at the time. Difficult times calls for difficult measures. Great man, Haile Selassie of Ethiopia once said, and i quote "Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most, that has made it possible for evil to triumph". and another quote from Ebenezer babatope from one of his book, "The greatest punishment to a wise man who refuses to rule, is for him to suffer the misrule of idiots". If we're in a position to make positive changes when it matters why not do it.

I know Nigerians will forever remain grateful for the actions taken during Buhari's reign as the president of Nigeria and for the character of the man.
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 26, 2012
courage89:

While i am not a supporter of coup plotters, but sometimes thats exactly what we need in the land of lawlessness, injustice, corrupt riddle society such as ours if done by patriotic people and for patriotic reasons. If the trend, culture brewing at that time was never arrested, our economy would have been worse off. And, only God knows what role Nigerian economy would be playing in the global world, if those measures taken by buhari's administration has never been taking.

On the coup plot, i commend Buhari's courage and vision to act. Because it was what was necessary at the time. Difficult times calls for difficult measures. Great man, Haile Selassie of Ethiopia once said, and i quote "Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most, that has made it possible for evil to triumph". and another quote from Ebenezer babatope from one of his book, "The greatest punishment to a wise man who refuses to rule, is for him to suffer the misrule of idiots". If we're in a position to make positive changes when it matters why not do it.

I know Nigerians will forever remain grateful for the actions taken during Buhari's reign as the president of Nigeria and for the character of the man.

Load of utter RUBBISH. It is this primitive thinking that has slowed our growth since 1966, when the first brain-dead soldiers took it upon themselves to seize power, by the barrel of the gun, plunging the nation into chaos. Democracy should have been allowed to develop through its various stages, and by now we would have had stronger institutions. All that military rule did was delay our political evolution. Thank goodness it's over.

2 Likes

Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Wadeoye(m): 9:31pm On Oct 26, 2012

Coup is a criminal act.

For a people to move forward, it is very important to know where you are coming from, where you are and where you are going. The story of Nigeria and her citizenry like noblezone is a pathetic one and that of people who know not where they are coming from, where they are and where they are going. I won't say more than this because it seems the problem of this country is purely that of ignorant followership as demonstrated by noblezone. He knows nothing about the coup, he doesnt know what happened during the short reign of Buhari, etc - he doesnt know how Buhari came to the picture as head of state. So, arguin with you will be a waste of my valuable time - educate yourself anyway. The people that plotted coup for no reason in this country are irosi and his boys. They plotted the first coup that set the stage for other coups. They are the one you should blame for military.
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Wadeoye(m): 9:31pm On Oct 26, 2012

Coup is a criminal act.

For a people to move forward, it is very important to know where you are coming from, where you are and where you are going. The story of Nigeria and her citizenry like noblezone is a pathetic one and that of people who know not where they are coming from, where they are and where they are going. I won't say more than this because it seems the problem of this country is purely that of ignorant followership as demonstrated by noblezone. He knows nothing about the coup, he doesnt know what happened during the short reign of Buhari, etc - he doesnt know how Buhari came to the picture as head of state. So, arguin with you will be a waste of my valuable time - educate yourself anyway. The people that plotted coup for no reason in this country are irosi and his boys. They plotted the first coup that set the stage for other coups. They are the one you should blame for military.
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by coogar: 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
bugari/idiagbon's regime was the one of the best things that happened to nigeria in the last 52 yrs. it's a crying shame they didn't do more than 20 months before they got ousted by ibb!
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 27, 2012
I concur with everything you said, except where you said the bolded .
I thought you were going to say IBB and Obasanjo who are the architects of Nigeria's downfall.
Wadeoye:
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 01, 2012
Wadeoye:

I don't know how old you are, but I must tell you that you need proper education on the History of the unfortunate experiment of the Whiteman called Nigeria.

Buhari knew nothing about the coup? so the plotters plotted without a take over plan?
Leave the crappy media campaigns that was bent on selling Buhari to us. Yet even at that, Buhari as democrat would had resisted the coup rather than taking the lion share of the proceeds.
After all, people like Ojukwu first coup.

emm, did you say Ironsi plotted the first coup?
Aaaaahhh. You are obviously not reading your history books well. Ironsi emergence as the Head of State was as a result of a failed coup: a coup which was frustrated by loyal Igbo officers even though most of them were later killed in cold blood an orgy of revenge.

That apart, the military took us several years backwards. Buhari belongs to the gang of over zealous military officers who believed that the rest of us are all dumb.
From 1960 till date, the same group of people have sworn to make run our destinies.

No way Sir! This is a new order. We can't go back to yesterday. Buhari and co belongs to our dark history and for your information, despite all the gra gra, Nigeria is still trying to find her feet as a Nation.

It is a pity that Nigeria is not a Nation and cannot be a Nation especially with this kind of fraudulent structure as promoted by Buhari and co.

The sooner we sit down and discuss our "oneness", the better, else, I have no option than to pledge allegiance to Biafra.
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by advocate666: 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
Make you hear this one
War against indiscipline, ee-oh

Na Nigerian government, ee-oh
Dem dey talk ee-oh
“My people are us-e-less, My people are sens-i-less, My people are indiscipline”

Dem dey talk be dat
“My people are us-e-less, My people are sens-i-less, My people are indiscipline”

I never hear dat before- oh
Make Government talk, ee-oh

Dem dey talk be dat
Which kind talk be dat- oh?
Craze talk be dat ee-oh
Na animal talk be dat – oh
Na animal talk be dat – oh
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by cjrane: 10:10am On Nov 02, 2012
So is Boko Haram disciplined?
After the bla bla bla on indisciplne,he still join a bunch of undisciplined BH boys for political relevance.
Naija politicians sef !
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2012
^ Why do you keep trying to slander Buhari with blatant lies?

The only evidence that has emerged of people sponsoring Boko Haram , shows that there arel all from PDP and some have been linked to vice-president Sambo.
If you have contrary evidence please present them or stop spreading blatant lies and misinformation angry

cjrane: So is Boko Haram disciplined?
After the bla bla bla on indisciplne,he still join a bunch of undisciplined BH boys for political relevance.
Naija politicians sef !
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by cjrane: 3:10am On Nov 03, 2012
GenBuhari: ^ Why do you keep trying to slander Buhari with blatant lies?

The only evidence that has emerged of people sponsoring Boko Haram , shows that there arel all from PDP and some have been linked to vice-president Sambo.
If you have contrary evidence please present them or stop spreading blatant lies and misinformation angry

Bros,we feel the same way about Buhari and PDP. But, i must emphatically tell you that the suggestion that Boko haram is a mere PDP thing rather than a reaction to the perceived loss of power by the north is mischievous. Time shall reveal the extent of Buhari's involvement or not with Boko haram violence in Nigeria.
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Nobody: 5:17am On Nov 03, 2012
You may just as well say history would reveal the extent of the pope's involvment in Boko Haram.
There is no justification (evidence) to even be asking the question.
cjrane:
Bros,we feel the same way about Buhari and PDP. But, i must emphatically tell you that the suggestion that Boko haram is a mere PDP thing rather than a reaction to the perceived loss of power by the north is mischievous. Time shall reveal the extent of Buhari's involvement or not with Boko haram violence in Nigeria.
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Wadeoye(m): 7:05am On Nov 03, 2012
noblezone:

I don't know how old you are, but I must tell you that you need proper education on the History of the unfortunate experiment of the Whiteman called Nigeria.

Buhari knew nothing about the coup? so the plotters plotted without a take over plan?
Leave the crappy media campaigns that was bent on selling Buhari to us. Yet even at that, Buhari as democrat would had resisted the coup rather than taking the lion share of the proceeds.
After all, people like Ojukwu first coup.

emm, did you say Ironsi plotted the first coup?
Aaaaahhh. You are obviously not reading your history books well. Ironsi emergence as the Head of State was as a result of a failed coup: a coup which was frustrated by loyal Igbo officers even though most of them were later killed in cold blood an orgy of revenge.

That apart, the military took us several years backwards. Buhari belongs to the gang of over zealous military officers who believed that the rest of us are all dumb.
From 1960 till date, the same group of people have sworn to make run our destinies.

No way Sir! This is a new order. We can't go back to yesterday. Buhari and co belongs to our dark history and for your information, despite all the gra gra, Nigeria is still trying to find her feet as a Nation.

It is a pity that Nigeria is not a Nation and cannot be a Nation especially with this kind of fraudulent structure as promoted by Buhari and co.

The sooner we sit down and discuss our "oneness", the better, else, I have no option than to pledge allegiance to Biafra.

Ezeogwu was Hausa? Nonsense...
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Nobody: 4:46am On Nov 05, 2012
smiley

Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
GenBuhari: [size=18pt]23 March 1984 - ITN News
BUHARI’S GOVERNMENT LAUNCHES “WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE”[/size]

Nigeria's military government is stepping-up its campaign against corruption, mismanagement and indiscipline at all levels in Nigeria society.

Preliminary hearings into corruption and abuse of office against former politicians and civil administrators have already begun and on March 21 the government launched its war against indiscipline.

One of the first areas under attack is Illegal Street trading in the capital Lagos. The military government of Major-General Buhari has promulgated a decree forbidding the street trading, a major source of income for many thousands of Lagos people. Police have already begun arresting street vendors and confiscating their wares.

The campaign is also designed to foster greater personal and social discipline with Nigerians being urged to queue for buses in an orderly fashion. The crackdown on indiscipline was announced by Brigadier Tunde Idiagbon, a member of the Nigerian Supreme Military Council.

BRIGADIER TUNDE IDIAGBON: "I want you to bear in mind the need to emphasise self-discipline and leadership by good example.
Begin by drawing public attention to little but important everyday manifestations of indiscipline such as rushing into buses, driving on the wrong side of the road, littering the streets, parks and dwelling compounds, cheating, taking undue advantage of scarcity to inflate prices for quick monetary gains, constituting ourselves into public nuisances, walking without commitment and devoting little or no time to the upbringing of our children.

Up to this moment there has been no formal declaration of war against indiscipline, it is my pleasure therefore to declare today a launching day for the war against indiscipline."
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 20, 2013
smiley

1 Like

Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 05, 2014
cool
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by mikolo80: 11:05pm On Dec 05, 2014
noblezone:

you my good man are unconstitutional.why did aluu 4 go threatening a fellow citizen with cultism.why not go to police and report or traditional ruler instead displayed the sort of shortcut indiscipline the general is going to stamp out of your very essence
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by mikolo80: 11:09pm On Dec 05, 2014
noblezone:

if you point to one civilised country that is not armed to the teeth i will apologise unconditionally.just 1 civilised countryjust 1 single 1,1 just 1.stop watching Africa magic and premiers and expand your minds un say Sam.
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 05, 2014
mikolo80:
.if you point to one civilised country that is not armed to the teeth i will apologise unconditionally.just 1 civilised countryjust 1 single 1,1 just 1.stop watching Africa magic and premiers and expand your minds un say Sam.

It is necessary for us to understand ourselves.

When you say "armed to the teeth", do you mean their military or individuals?
Do you mean soldiers are harassing the citizens with guns?
That was exactly what Buhari did. He unleashed soldiers on the streets.
That was beginning of the downfall of the Nigerian Army.
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by mikolo80: 11:24pm On Dec 05, 2014
[quote author=noblezone post=28630849]

[/quotejump queue in us airport and then find out what will happen to you when you start shouting do you know who i am. They'll beat you to submission or Yale you till you are lying in a pool of your own excreta.over there the rule of law is ENFORCED not convinced .that's why police always armed to put down teoublemakers
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by mikolo80: 11:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
[quote author=noblezone post=28630849]

[/quotejump queue in us airport and then find out what will happen to you when you start shouting do you know who i am. They'll beat you to submission or Yale you till you are lying in a pool of your own excreta.over there the rule of law is ENFORCED not convinced .that's why police always armed to put down teoublemakers.
It is cos police were ineffective that army were brought out to perform police role.
And no,army fell down when nzeogu performed 1st coup and brought military into politics
Re: NTA News July 1985 - Report On Buhari's War Against Indiscipline by ispeaklight(m): 11:30pm On Dec 05, 2014
Never knew Buhari has this much die hard fans.. See for urselfs > http://askusfast.com/bforum_0.xhtml?blog=20&get-blog=20 .. I petty GEJ

(1) (2) (Reply)

B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! Screen And Confirm Me Or Refund My Money.- Amaechi To AP / VAT: Oyo Seeks To Join Rivers State In Suit Against FG / Bandits Impose Levies On Kaduna Farmers Before Harvest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.